Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,963 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 (5490 Views)

The Mercedes-benz Fayose Rode To Olukayode Stadium During His Swearing In 2014 / Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Cecilia Ibru & Sisters For Condolence (photos) / Erhiatake Ibori Booed At Ibru's Burial For Fumbling Over Common Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by metroparrot: 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
Former Oceanic Bank MD Cecilia Ibru lost her son Rode Ibru recently. Rode, a filmmaker, was buried two days ago. His friends announced his passing on social media, eulogizing the man they called a amazing individual but they didn't say how he died. His father is billionaire businessman Olorogun Michael Ibru. He's survived by his parents and siblings. May his soul rest in peace, amen.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/cecilia-ibrus-son-rode-ibru-dies-at-34.html

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by metroparrot: 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by Sunofgod(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
What killed him?
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by DickDastardly(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
Rip
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by unitysheart(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sad
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
A great loss to the nation...RIP

1 Like

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
DickDastardly:
Rip
btw na who im mama and papa help
Dem help Dickdastardly na
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by DickDastardly(m): 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
Dem help Dickdastardly na
i editted already bro. happy sunday
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
I am sure money didnt send him to early grave.
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by modath(f): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:

lipsrsealed... Not to trivialise his death but dude, what on earth has he or family done for the nation?

Rip to the dead..

9 Likes

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
Wish him safe trip to paradise

#i suspect fowl play
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
I celebrate everyday I'm living because I can't pay for a second of life I live. He is a wonderful God and he will keep us alive in years to come

RIP to d dead

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by iphanyiuma(m): 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
I knew this dude wayback from apapa ibru oil deport now he's gone so soon..hmm RIP to the dead!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
rip man...
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by UnknownT: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sunofgod:
What killed him?
DEATH wink

2 Likes

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
modath:

lipsrsealed... Not to trivialise his death but dude, what on earth has he or family done for the nation?

Rip to the dead..
Well, I care not about his family. A Nigerian youth that lost his life is what I'm concerned about my bro.

1 Like

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by ednut1(m): 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I celebrate everyday I'm living because I can't pay for a second of life I live. He is a wonderful God and he will keep us alive in years to come

RIP to d dead
we will still die someday grin
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by ogb5(m): 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
modath:

Rip to the dead..

Are you for real?

His family owns Guardian Newspaper, one of the best source of balanced news in Nigeria.
They own Aero Contractors, which has given Nigeria Safe Air travel for decades
Do you know the numbers of people that were employed by Oceanic bank before it was stolen by the owners of the country?
Ibru Seafoods ensured that you had protein in your diet while growing up, if not kwasiokor might have taken care of you before now.
Top feeds produced the feed required to grow chicken in the country so you can have food to eat, after eating the chicken you come online to ask how you have benefitted.

Please post what your family has contributed to this country so we can compare.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by muhyeenisce(m): 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
Wetin kill am??
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by baralatie(m): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
noooooooooooooooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by GabrielSuswam(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
RIP Bro....
Valhar Morghulis
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by modath(f): 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
ogb5:

Are you for real?

His family owns Guardian Newspaper, one of the best source of balanced news in Nigeria.
Do you know the numbers of people that were employed by Oceanic bank before it was stolen by the owners of the country?
Ibru Seafoods ensured that you had protein in your diet while growing up, if not kwasiokor might have taken care of you before now.
Top feeds produced the feed required to grow chicken in the country so you can have food to eat, after eating the chicken you come online to ask how you have benefitted.

His family are business owners., which in itself is not a bad thing but they are not doing anyone any favours by being in business for profit...

They are neither humanitarians nor philanthropists, kindly point to any endowment in their names or anything the less priviledge are supposed to benefit from or a special service to the Nation

Do people lodge in sheraton or Fed Pal hotels for free, or the fishes you are referring are not being sold at a fair market value? Or maybe aero has given you complimentary tickets which is why you are defending the shoddy & lacklustre services they've been providing, if not in naija, they would have been grounded for their numerous misdeeds.

Please raise your standards,they are presently rolling in the deep!!!

I don't know why I responded but today is an holy day, so why not!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by CyberWolf: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
modath:

His family are business owners., which in itself is not a bad thing but they are not doing anyone any favours by being business for profit...

They are neither humanitarians nor philanthropists, kindly point to any endowment in their names or anything the less priviledge are supposed to benefit from or a special service to the Nation

Do people lodge in sheraton or Fed Pal hotels for free, or the fishes you are referring are not being sold at a fair market value? Or maybe aero have given you complimentary tickets which is why you are defending the shoddy & lacklustre services they've been providing, if not in naija, they would have been grounded for their numerous misdeeds.

what has your own family done for the nation? Lackluster mother angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by soundtruth(m): 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
modath:

Rip to the dead..

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by sKeetz(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
sad
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by ogb5(m): 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
modath:

His family are business owners., which in itself is not a bad thing but they are not doing anyone any favours by being business for profit...

Do people lodge in sheraton or Fed Pal hotels for free, or the fishes you are referring are not being sold at a fair market value? Or maybe aero have given you complimentary tickets which is why you are defending the shoddy & lacklustre services they've been providing, if not in naija, they would have been grounded for their numerous misdeeds.

You need to up your game, no sane man hopes on freebies to survive.

If you want service, you have to pay for it. The Ibru family has provided quality service to the nation in many ways for decades, and we should render praise when we see people who contribute to development of the nation.

The death of a child is not the time to start talking rubbish about a family, learn some manners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by anochuko01(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
Again...money doesn't guarantee life
God thank you for life

1 Like

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by lomprico(m): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
Which nation?

1 Like

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by modath(f): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
ogb5:

You need to up your game, no sane man hopes on freebies to survive.

If you want service, you have to pay for it. The Ibru family has provided quality service to the nation in many ways for decades, and we should render praise when we see people who contribute to development of the nation.

The death of a child is not the time to start talking rubbish about a family, learn some manners

Are you for real, must you people always create an argument when there is no need for any

Ameyo Adadevoh, Dora Akunyili, Rashidi Yekini, Etc's exit are the definition of national losses, this young man's exit though painful does not impact the national landscape which was my point to Barcanista (which he gave a gentleman's response to in his usual fashion) before you turned it into a battle royale!!!

CyberWolf:
what has your own family done for the nation? Lackluster mother angry

TANoid, still hurting from your pains, cheesy... pele..

6 Likes

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by lomprico(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
ogb5:

Are you for real?

Is it the family that died??

1 Like

Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by ManTiger(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sad... so so sad. RIP.

Many pensioners died when oceanic bank collapsed with no indemnity.
Re: Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 by Truckpusher(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
barcanista:
I don't think so - The shares I bought from his parent's bank has gone to the dogs 10yrs after not even a penny back to my pockets and I know how I felt.

Some people died after buying their shares with borrowed money they couldn't pay back

Nice he died before me, still would have preferred his mother to hit the dust.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest: Okorocha Getting His Ass Flogged On Radio Biafra / Who Is Capable Of Been The Igbo President Of 2019? / APC Reveals Sponsors Of Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.