Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste (23475 Views)

7 simple things every blogger should take into account / Guidelines To Blogging Every Blogger Should Follow / 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Generalkorex(m): 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
Dnt tell entertainment bloggers dat o. They hate to hear dat.
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by beyoncausme: 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
nice one....
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by beyoncausme: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
nicely said....
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by charlyge(m): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
its really a shame that bloggers especially Nigerians will just lift an article from a persons blog and just drop it like that on their blog.
Many Nigerians are not creative at all but they are sure very creaTHIEF ..
Their should be a strict law about plagiarism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by ogochukwu247(f): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
keep deceiving urselves...
everyone copy n paste..
see yeye dey smell..

am sure u copied n pasted this story also,,
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Fredzy7(m): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
Copy and paste is a great way to go if you don't have much time writing until you actually have time...... It is only wrong when you don't give reference or credit to the author you got it from...... Advantages of copy and paste both to original writers and copiers....
If your content is copied and then pasted on another website and the copier includes a link to your website it means you have a backlink in that websites thereby increasing your change of higher page rank

If you see a content and you know your faithful followers would love that content would you create a post and say hi go to originalblog.com to read this very interesting article or you would bring the articles to your blog and reference the author

If you say copy and paste makes you poor when you see some of Linda ikejis posts and cross checked the dates and time with others posts you would know although now she would have professional writers in her payroll

So I say copy but don't just paste, rewrite before you paste and if you can't rewrite reference the owner

[img]http://www.naijawords.cf/images/logo.png[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by tk4rd: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
OP.. WHY IS NUMBER 3 PASTED TWO TIMES.??
YOU SEE YOUR LIFE?? YOU SEF DEY DO COPY AND PASTE..
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by missKiffy(f): 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
Akhampapa:

Source: :http://www.akhampapa.com/2015/07/copyandpaste.html pls dropping comments on the post wont be a bad idea. Thank You All
Abi, I have a blogger on my bbm who copys and paste from nairaland. By the time he broadcast the stories I would have read them on nairaland already.

1 Like

Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
RisMas:
Its very frustrating to gather a nice content with well crafted caption only for one mumu wana be blogger to copy and paste it on his mushroom site word for word. The most painful part is that they might even rank first on google search ahead of your own blog...

Most so called Naija Big blogs arent exempted... angry angry angry Myself Inclusive cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hahahaha
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
I feel it's only wrong when u don't quote your source. In papers and project works, we have literature review. Where u state peoples' work and give your source and at the end of the day, it's called your paper of project. We copy and paste even our comments on other SM platforms. Just state your source or give credit to the original owner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by sped1oro(m): 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
Thats the more reason i won't do blogging on entertainment, its majorly craps. All the entertainment blogs in Nigeria mostly copy and paste one another.
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by fajigirl(f): 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
Luckily my travel blog fajigirl.com contains all original posts and i am proud of it wink
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by infinitemiles: 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
SMART CLICK Data Resellers
Buy cheap data bundle for your android phones, Samsung, iPad, iPhone, bb10, Nokia, windows and modem.

For Etisalat
250mb @ N400 (Airtime Payment)
500mb @ N700 (Airtime Payment)
750mb @ N900(Airtime Payment)
1GB @ N1200 (Airtime Payment)

For Mtn
1GB @ N1200 (Airtime Payment)

Contact
Call/Whatsapp: 08036211097

Note: All plans are valid for I month

Tell ur friends and get a 5% discount on your first subscription.

Pls kindly rebroadcast.
Thank you.
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by abokikhalifa: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
myklangelo:
Many have made blogging a lazy man's work.
In blogging you are expected to create your thoughts to let ppl see things from your own perspective. If you doubt go have a look at original foreign blogs.
But what we hve here mostly is ppl caarrying and recycling the same news; no originality, no perspective.
Be original m$y fellow bloggers, task your brain.

I have an entertaining article on bridal makeup on wedding days. Women read up n enjoy your Sunday.

The blog that discusses, politics, literature, sports, entertainment, science, proverbs nd tutorials all in the Igbo language. Giving massive international presence to Igbo Language.promote www.odeniigbo..com
baba abeg how long have u been in this blogging business
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Panshow(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
There's this sense of personal happiness that comes with writing original contents.

1 Like

Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by komek(m): 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
@OP. Their is this blogger that calls himsef metronaija.com these are the things he does and calls himsef professional blogger.
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by myklangelo(m): 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
abokikhalifa:
baba abeg how long have u been in this blogging business

My bro not upto 2 months but I get massive readership due to good advertisement.

I have an entertaining article on bridal makeup on wedding days. Women read up n enjoy your Sunday.

The blog that discusses, politics, literature, sports, entertainment, science, proverbs nd tutorials all in the Igbo language. Giving massive international presence to Igbo Language.promote www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
Emmysteve:
In my humble opinion, copying and paste without given credit is the offence. If you must copy, at least give credit to show you are not the original author of the work.

Simple! There is no need to be humble about it. That is the truth.
You can check my blog www.nairamode.com and share your thoughts.
Getting Adsense wasn't that hard.
Read their copyright infringement policies, follow the web pages requirements, join some groups for better auditing of your site and apply.
Be original that's just it. Give credit when you use someone's post or pictures. Don't do this too much though.
However, if there is no traffic on your site, you won't make money.
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Abdstrakt(m): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
You copy, paste and edit and re-edit, it still doesn't change the fact that its not an original content.
Most bloggers and wannabe bloggers are culpable, and that's a low down dirty shame.
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Harlex(m): 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2015
AllAfrica.com Is one of the most visited news website in Africa. They usually upload more than a thousand news everyday.......yet over 95% of their story are copied from websites around the world.
They sure give credit to the original owners of the articles
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by ifyan(m): 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
To be sincere I copy and paste.

Welcome To Naira-Dollar Trend
Naira-Dollar Trend is a blog that give information of factors affecting Appreciation & Depreciation of Dollar to Naira value. As our economy is mono-economy dependent (Oil Dependent) & Dollar is used as trading currency in global market of oil.
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by damiloladuke: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
myklangelo:
Many have made blogging a lazy man's work.
In blogging you are expected to create your thoughts to let ppl see things from your own perspective. If you doubt go have a look at original foreign blogs.
But what we hve here mostly is ppl caarrying and recycling the same news; no originality, no perspective.
Be original m$y fellow bloggers, task your brain.

guy buy odenigbong.com for just 2000...and I will also help you set the panel to make it work
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Seuncoded(f): 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
Akhampapa:

Source: :http://www.akhampapa.com/2015/07/copyandpaste.html pls dropping comments on the post wont be a bad idea. Thank You All

please what's if I posted the source link at my web as well
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Akhampapa(m): 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
gokay11:
How I go believe say u no copy n paste diz one self?

check my site www.akhampapa.com all the posts there were written by myself cool
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Akhampapa(m): 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
Seuncoded:

please what's if I posted the source link at my web as well

its allowed
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Akhampapa(m): 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
Panshow:
There's this sense of personal happiness that comes with writing original contents.
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Akhampapa(m): 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
komek:
@OP. Their is this blogger that calls himsef metronaija.com these are the things he does and calls himsef professional blogger.

hahahaha grin
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Seuncoded(f): 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Akhampapa:

its allowed

I blog at www.Ngschoolportal.com so where ever I copied news I can put the source news on my blog and it no go affect Google adsense
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Edigrows: 12:04am On Jul 06, 2015
[size=25pt]HEHEHE, THAT IS WHY I LOVE BLOGGING, IT IS HARD, IF IT WAS EASY (COPY & PASTE) EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste by Edigrows: 12:16am On Jul 06, 2015
when U tell an entertainment blogger to Quit copy & paste
[img]https://postmediaprovince.files./2013/04/tumblr_lmj7kztt081qg39ewo1_500.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain / Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger / Building A Search Engine Like Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.