Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android (37595 Views)

Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... / 4 Reasons Why You Should Pick Iphone Over Android / New Study Shines Light On One Of The Iphone’s Biggest Advantages Over Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-uqq7hvKBuo8/VZfANP4m7II/AAAAAAAACb8/vNhcmxaP8Bg/s320/blackberry-z10-vs-android-n.jpg[/img]

Here are 5 reasons why the Blackberry 10 smartphone is seen as a better option over the android smartphone.

1. Multitasking: On Blackberry 10, any app can be instantly minimized with the swipe up gesture and is then accessible as a small file on a separate screen.

2. BlackBerry Hub: The Blackberry 10 has a dedicated hub that unites all your text messages, IMs, emails, social network feeds, call records, etc., in one centralized place, thereby making it easy to get all your notifications in order, read, and respond how you want.

3. Search: In BB 10 OS, you don’t have to open up a dedicated search apps, just start typing your desired term from the home screen and the search window opens up automatically.

4. Notifications: On BB OS 10, all new incoming messages and notifications are shown momentarily. This works with all apps including games. Android provides the same functionality, but they don’t work well with all apps. The blackberry 10 has a better notification access than its android counterpart.

5. Security: With Android phones, if you forgot your password all you need do is to get the phone flashed to bypass the security lockscreen. The same can’t be done on BB OS 10. The blackberry 10 OS is more secured than the android OS. Since the android OS is an open source, it can be easily tweaked or customised, making prone to virus and easy to hack.

If you know other things BB OS 10 does better than Android, please let us know in the comment section below.

Source: http://www.maxnaija.com/2015/07/5-reasons-why-you-should-choose.html

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
Android users please postpone your rage for another day grin grin

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by NCP: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
A deadman awaiting burial can never be better than a lively youth.

Oh l forgot, Venice coming out next month on Android Life Support administered by the world best, Samsung.

31 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
cc lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by kay29000(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hmm! My Infinix Hot android phone does what you said in no. 3

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by epelumi42(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
You did well, but Im not convinced.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! My Infinix Hot android phone does what you said in no. 3
What about 1,2,4 & 5 ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Whizpeter(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
I'm tired of seeing all these kinda threads...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Ojeremi(m): 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
also
Cheap data cost: 3gig data for just #1000...I love my Z10, the best fone I ever used...my closest companion.

I don't do cheats, passed that level..thanks Glo

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by keandre: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ojeremi:
also
Cheap data cost: 3gig data for just #1000...I love my Z10, the best fone I ever used...my closest companion.

Cheapest data cost : 3gb data free, jus get an mtn sim for N50,ohh I love my Android

32 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Lordaweezy: 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
Never compare android os with any os

Android is just unstoppable you're opening such thread because of inferiority complex ✔

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nasri100(m): 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
Lol all the points are just tame. Next.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
Lordaweezy:
Never compare android os with any os

Android is just unstoppable you're opening such thread because of inferiority complex ✔

Nope, i don't think so sir. If i wrote an article on why you should get an Android instead of the BB10. will you call it inferiority complex also?. I guess not wink

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nasri100:
Lol all the points are just tame. Next.
Thanks you! smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by kay29000(m): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
MaxNaija:

What about 1,2,4 & 5 ? undecided

Well..not really sha.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by NCP: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
Earlier today we showed you a partial render of what looked like a supposed Android-running version of the BlackBerry Passport. At the same time, we got word that the BlackBerry device codenamed Venice would eventually be headed to AT&T .
Venice has so far been rumored to come out in November with Android on board. And now a leaked render surfaces claiming to depict it in all its glory.
Source- GSMARENA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Lordaweezy: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
MaxNaija:

Nope, i don't think so sir. If i wrote an article on why you should get an Android instead of the BB10. will you call it inferiority complex also?. I guess not wink

This is not the first thread and won't be the last

Why is it always vs android not bb10 vs window

I don't need to type much

The reason is clear already ✔

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
Lordaweezy:

This is not the first thread and won't be the last

Why is it always vs android not bb10 vs window

I don't need to type much

The reason is clear already ✔

It's a publication. No sentiment sir wink

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by tinuolababy(f): 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nicey. Still love my BlackBerry 10 even though I have other phones

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
tinuolababy:
Nicey. Still love my BlackBerry 10 even though I have other phones

wink

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by tinuolababy(f): 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
MaxNaija:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-uqq7hvKBuo8/VZfANP4m7II/AAAAAAAACb8/vNhcmxaP8Bg/s320/blackberry-z10-vs-android-n.jpg[/img]

Here are 5 reasons why the Blackberry 10 smartphone is seen as a better option over the android smartphone.

1. Multitasking: On Blackberry 10, any app can be instantly minimized with the swipe up gesture and is then accessible as a small file on a separate screen.

2. BlackBerry Hub: The Blackberry 10 has a dedicated hub that unites all your text messages, IMs, emails, social network feeds, call records, etc., in one centralized place, thereby making it easy to get all your notifications in order, read, and respond how you want.

3. Search: In BB 10 OS, you don’t have to open up a dedicated search apps, just start typing your desired term from the home screen and the search window opens up automatically.

4. Notifications: On BB OS 10, all new incoming messages and notifications are shown momentarily. This works with all apps including games. Android provides the same functionality, but they don’t work well with all apps. The blackberry 10 has a better notification access than its android counterpart.

5. Security: With Android phones, if you forgot your password all you need do is to get the phone flashed to bypass the security lockscreen. The same can’t be done on BB OS 10. The blackberry 10 OS is more secured than the android OS. Since the android OS is an open source, it can be easily tweaked or customised, making prone to virus and easy to hack.

If you know other things BB OS 10 does better than Android, please let us know in the comment section below.

Source: http://www.maxnaija.com/2015/07/5-reasons-why-you-should-choose.html

Everyday reasons a particular OS is better than Android surfaces but without meaningful reasons

1. Every OS handles its multitasking approach differently. On Droids, push down the center button to view recent apps or click on the on screen button to view them. Op never included opened apps to be 8 apps maximum and phones like Z3 can't open more than 4 apps at a go

2. BB hub works perfectly but it's only for optimised apps hence not alll applications deliver notifications in the hub. Droid has a notification center for this same purpose.

3. Droids has a Google search widget on the home screen to aid search locally or through the Web. On touchwiz, u can easily swipe down and use S finder to search locally

4. Same thing with hub

5. Bb10 is the most secured OS but you didn't define your security well. Going by your approach, there are diff methods of unlocking your phone if you forget your password without flashing but not that on bb10 if you incorrectly enter your password 10 times, you will be need to input your backup password which if you don't know will end up erasing your phone back to factory settings

All OS's are prone to virus and hacks. Windows and bb10 is yet to witness this because it's market share is 0. Hackers cant waste their time om nothing. iOS hacks increases by the day

Waiting for the windows fans to write theirs too and maybe Jolla, sailfish and symbian fans

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Atmmachine(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
[size=20pt]ANDROIDS[/size] are for students who have low income.

[size=20pt]IPHONES[/size] are for photo freak people who buys iphone with their live savings.

[size=20pt]BLACKBERRIES[/size] are for men of class, multi-billionaires.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by sKeetz(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by shedrack222: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
If it is not android ,it can never be android

TEAM INFINIX

Tragic: Infant abandoned by parents after suffering horrific burns in incubator fire

[url]proudlyweb.com/tragic-infant-abandoned-by-parents-after-suffering-horrific-burns-in-incubator-fire[/url]

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by mschubby: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ok na
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by ShakurM(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
My BB 10 rocks cool

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by benedictjohn(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
BLACKBERRY IS SIMPLY THE BEST.. ANDRIOD PHONES ARE EXPENSIVE TO USE. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LATTER AND FORMER IS JUST d GAME. Rocking my Q5, feeling like a Boss...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by horla32: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
Etisalat Nigeria Fresh Graduate& Exp. Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

http://cuts.name/3tg
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by ayusco85(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
;m
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
NCP:
A deadman awaiting burial can never be better than a lively youth.

Oh l forgot, Venice coming out next month on Android Life Support administered by the world best, Samsung.
Am patiently waiting for venice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Popular Mobile Phone Brands In Nigeria 2015 / 3 Things You Should Stop Doing On Your Phone This Year / Differences Between Android And Window Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.