Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN (872 Views)

Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus / 5 Protestants Who Surprisingly Defended Mary’s Perpetual Virginity / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by Vodkka(m): 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
INTRODUCTION

Good-day all!!!

I may not be a Popular figure in this forum but I have little to offer on this ADVANCED argument between Christians concerning Mary.

NOTE:Please this may be long but I assure you you will learn at least one thing,,,
So stay tuned and hear my explanations below;;;

After I read a thread this morning : https://www.nairaland.com/2411104/how-jesus-reacted-worship-mary , I was prompted to explain this so that many can learn from it though not all because according to philosopher St. Thomas Aquinas, he once said; "For those who believe,no explanation is necessary and for those who don't believe,no explanation is possible"

Now let's tackle the issue at hand

Many of our Christian brothers are arguing that Mary had many other children apart from Jesus while Catholics believes and teaches that She is a Perpetual virgin.

DOUBTERS BASE OF ARGUMENT:

The protestants (Anglican and Penticostal) are the main doubting thomases of this doctrine because The Orthodox and methodists believe in eternal virginty of Mary.
The base of their argument are :

Mark 6 :1-6, it reads:
1 Jesus left that place and went back to his home town followed by disciples. 2 On the sabbath he began to teach in thesynagogue.Many people were there; and when they heard him,they were all amazed. "Where did he get all this? they asked. " What wisdom is this that has been given him? How does he perform miracles? 3 Isn't he the carpenter, the son of mary, and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters living here? And so they rejected him. ......................and so on.

Matthew 12: 47 (also in Mark 3:31)it reads;
So one of the people there said said to him,"Look, your mother and brothers are standing outside, and they want to speak with you"

This aforementioned chpaters are the main stand whenever one is saying that Mary has many other children after Jesus.

INDICATION THAT MARY IS A PERPETUAL VIRGIN
There is an event in the BIBLE that shows that Jesus has no SIBLING but before I start, I want to take this medium to explain something tangible that will help in understanding the Bible's brothers and sister of a thing that always cause some unnecessary commotions and that is
[b] Jewish Language:[\b]
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by Vodkka(m): 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
JEWISH LANGUAGE

It is generally agreed that Jesus and his disciples primarily spoke Aramaic, the common language of Judea in the first century AD, most likely a Galilean dialect distinguishable from that of Jerusalem. The towns of Nazareth and Capernaum in Galilee, where Jesus spent most of his time, were Aramaic-speaking communities.

Language of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_Jesus

As we all know that no language is self sufficient,,,for example, In Nigeria, of all the native languages we do speak on daily basis, none of them can boast of having a single word to define English words like cousin,uncle,aunt,nephew,niece,etc.
So this is where Aramaic Language found itself and the Hebrews now start referring their relatives brothers and sisters.
This Old Jewish norms of referring relatives to brothers didn't stop on extended family boundary, it reaches to their religious groups as we see the evidence in the bible as apostles and disciples refers to one another as brothers and sisters or most notably "Brethren"

Now of the main reason and event that Catholics (maybe Methodists and orthodox) strongly believe that Mary did not has another son(s) or daughter(s) after Jesus is because there is no Biblical proof.
Let's get back to gospel of John 19:26-27 which says:
Jesus saw his mother and the disciple he loved standing there; so he said to his mother "Mother, here is your son and then he said to the disciple, Son, this is your mother.Bible tells us that the disciple(John) took Mary to his own home.
Now let's tackle this once and for all;;;;;
Apply your common sense,,
If Mary had other sons and daughters as doubters presumed; where are they then?
Are they such stupid for not looking for their mum?

what of the claimed daughters of hers?? as we all know that even if girls don't know anything to do,they specialized in taking care of their ageing mother.

Finally, I wont waste time on this funny one grin which is the issue of whorshipping mary which is blatant lie. Catholics only respects her. And this didnt just start from us, It traced all the way to the time of early christians.
So if you see a catholic doing so called worship, Just know that he/she is doing out of IGNORANCE.

As I said earlier;

"For those who believe,no explanation is necessary and for those who don't believe,no explanation is possible" but just to teach little about the DOCTRINE and DOGMATIC aspect of of CATHOLICS belief on MARY's PERPETUAL VIRGINITY.
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
quran also confirm that
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by Vodkka(m): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Cc lalasticlala pls come help us...
Ishilove
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by Proffdada: 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
So you think Joseph married and kept her in a corner? What were they doing that they forgot Jesus in the temple and had to search ? Of tending to each other and Jesus' siblings
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by Vodkka(m): 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
Proffdada:
So you think Joseph married and kept her in a corner? What were they doing that they forgot Jesus in the temple and had to search ? Of tending to each other and Jesus' siblings

And you think that the above is a reason?

Gush!!! That's dumb
Read b4 commenting
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by SSPX(m): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
It's even insane to think Jesus who is Son of God and God him self having half brothers. JESUS ONLY HAVE COUSIN BROTHERS NOT BLOOD BROTHERS
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by SSPX(m): 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
They went to the temple to over sacrifice To God then Jesus suddenly disapear
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by bonana: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
oya....I dae like did kind argument..... maybe temitemi1 and introvert go help us

lalaticlala .....pls d de needful
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by kingog123: 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
Catholics are confused set... various sections of the same catholic body seems to have different opinion regarding if Jesus had siblings or not.

Let me clear your doubt bout mary being an eternal "virgin"

1)Matthew 1:18 “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they CAME TOGETHER, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.”
This implies that, as husband and wife, they eventually shared intimate relations.

2) Even if she was a virgin, don't you think at child birth the "hymen" would be broken?

About Jesus having blood brother and/or sisters

1) Matthew 12:46-50 “While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, ‘Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.’ But He answered and said to the one who told Him, ‘Who is My mother and who are My brothers?’ And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, ‘Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.’”

In this passage, Jesus taught that those in the Church who seek God’s will were His spiritual brothers and sisters, and that these relationships were more meaningful and lasting than those shared with physical family.

Think about that for awhile... I would be back
Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by ayoku777(m): 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
Vodkka:

INDICATION THAT MARY IS A PERPETUAL VIRGIN
There is an event in the BIBLE that shows that Jesus has no SIBLING but before I start, I want to take this medium to explain something tangible that will help in understanding the Bible's brothers and sister of a thing that always cause some unnecessary commotions and that is
Jewish Language:

So according to you Mary remained a perpetual virgin. So Joseph didn't sleep with Mary even after she had given birth to Jesus?

How then do you interprete this verse?

Matthew 1v24-25 -Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called His name Jesus.

The scripture says here that Joseph did not sleep with Mary till she had given birth to Jesus.

What does that imply or mean?

If I say, I didn't eat till I got back home; it means I ate after I got back home.

If Joseph did not sleep with Mary "till she gave birth to Jesus," it means Joseph slept with Mary after the birth of Jesus.

Then secondly;

The scripture there called Jesus the firstborn of Mary

Matthew 1v25 -And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called His name Jesus.

Jesus would not be called the firstborn son of Mary if He was the only son of Mary.

Mary was never a perpetual virgin. She had other children after Jesus. And they were not virgin births like Jesus.

Joseph knew Mary after the birth of Jesus -her firstborn.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Defence, Proofs Or Indicatuons That Presents MARY As PERPETUAL VIRGIN by Vodkka(m): 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
ayoku777:

So according to you Mary remained a perpetual virgin. So Joseph didn't sleep with Mary even after she had given birth to Jesus?

How then do you interprete this verse?

Matthew 1v24-25 -Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called His name Jesus.

The scripture says here that Joseph did not sleep with Mary till she had given birth to Jesus.

What does that imply or mean?

If I say, I didn't eat till I got back home; it means I ate after I got back home.

If Joseph did not sleep with Mary "till she gave birth to Jesus," it means Joseph slept with Mary after the birth of Jesus.

Then secondly;

The scripture there called Jesus the firstborn of Mary

Matthew 1v25 -And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called His name Jesus.

Jesus would not be called the firstborn son of Mary if He was the only son of Mary.

Mary was never a perpetual virgin. She had other children after Jesus. And they were not virgin births like Jesus.

Joseph knew Mary after the birth of Jesus -her firstborn.

Shalom

Last I said earlier.......for those who don't believe,,, no explanation is possible

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Snaps A Picture Of A Child "In The Spirit" With An Ipad [video] / The Spirit Behind "Believers Love World" / The Old Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.