Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (689355 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
Yemmyteespeed007:
YES BRO DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN GET IT
are u familiar with lagos
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
Solar accessories ;

DC breakers
MNSPD
Pro roof mounts
Battery rack
Digital Timer switch
Digital Watts meter
Solar fire resistant cables

UNI-T digital DC clamp meter
DC disconnect kit
Solar panels
Inter battery connectors cables, bus bars
Power inverters
Digital inclinometer
Compass tools

See mobile number details in profile - signature !

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 4:40am On Sep 11, 2017
pointstores:
are u familiar with lagos

no, but I'm in Ibadan, you can describe the place or which kind of shop setting can I get it from.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
Yemmyteespeed007:

no, but I'm in Ibadan, you can describe the place or which kind of shop setting can I get it from.
call
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ktoby: 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2017
Please house is it compulsory to use charge controller on a 50W solar panel and 24ah ? if yes what type
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 5:30am On Sep 14, 2017
ktoby:
Please house is it compulsory to use charge controller on a 50W solar panel and 24ah ? if yes what type

yes, it is compulsory, you can use the one that corresponds to your battery voltage.
if 12v use controller of 12v
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 11:24am On Sep 14, 2017
pointstores :
1.2kva brand new inverter plus 100ah battery 68,000 bonanza prize with 1year guarantee chargeing current 20ah call 08166117634
Let's see pix and brand
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by micynute94(m): 8:59am On Sep 16, 2017
Hi, I'm a student looking to invest in an jnverter to aid my online biz.
All I need is an inverter that can carry the load of two laptops and a bulb for 8 hours.
When the laptop battery gets full, the only load would be the bulb until the laptops are low.

Need the price for the total setup using electricity to charge the inverter.
Also need to know the cost of implementing a solar inverter too.
I stay in Unilorin.
The sun there is alright and we do have electricity that lasts up to 14 hours for every 72 hours.

I hope I was able to pass my message.
Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2017
kiekie1:
FAIRLY NEW

-Mercury 3kva 24v pure sinewave lcd inverter
-Sinergy 3.5kva 48v puresinewave LCD inverter SOLD
-Full river 200ah batteries.. # limited stock
All working with warranty seal still intact .

N.....

Call >> +234-813-503-1951... Thanks

Call now ....

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2017

CHARGE UR BATTERIES FULL AND GET READY , PUT OFF UR INVERTER WHEN U DONT NEED IT

https://www.nairaland.com/4061638/electricity-workers-threaten-strike-nationwide

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by zeestone99(m): 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
micynute94:
Hi, I'm a student looking to invest in an jnverter to aid my online biz.
All I need is an inverter that can carry the load of two laptops and a bulb for 8 hours.
When the laptop battery gets full, the only load would be the bulb until the laptops are low.

Need the price for the total setup using electricity to charge the inverter.
Also need to know the cost of implementing a solar inverter too.
I stay in Unilorin.
The sun there is alright and we do have electricity that lasts up to 14 hours for every 72 hours.

I hope I was able to pass my message.
Thanks.

Call/whatapp 08117398294,08033913155 or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
kiekie1:

Call now ....

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
See mobile number in profile - signature !

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rejosom(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2017
ceejay80s:

CHARGE UR BATTERIES FULL AND GET READY , PUT OFF UR INVERTER WHEN U DONT NEED IT

https://www.nairaland.com/4061638/electricity-workers-threaten-strike-nationwide

Hello Ceejay80s,

Abeg help a brother. I don dey go koko because of this inverter stuff.

I got a 48v/600W cotek inverter without charger from a friend. I have already obtained a 100AH 12V battery. My problem now is that batteries are very expensive and I don't think I can be able to afford 4 batteries. Again most affordable smart charges in the market are mainly 12V or 24V. My questions are

1. how can I change the input voltage of my inverter from48V to 12V as people advised me against using a boost converter before the inverter?

2. If I decide to go for smaller batteries say 18AH, and get 4 of them can I charge them with a 24v charger while using them in series (48V). I am very confused.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
rejosom:

Hello Ceejay80s,

I got a 48v/600W cotek inverter without charger from a friend. I have already obtained a 100AH 12V battery. My problem now is that batteries are very expensive and I don't think I can be able to afford 4 batteries. Again most affordable smart charges in the market are mainly 12V or 24V. My questions are

1. how can I change the input voltage of my inverter from48V to 12V as people advised me against using a boost converter before the inverter?

2. If I decide to go for smaller batteries say 18AH, and get 4 of them can I charge them with a 24v charger while using them in series (48V). I am very confused.

to avoid potential damage and injury, go buy a 12v 1.2kva transformerless inverter with inbuilt charger...its around 15k @ alaba...

don't mess with a big battery

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rejosom(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2017
teamsynergy:

to avoid potential damage and injury, go buy a 12v 1.2kva transformerless inverter with inbuilt charger...its around 15k @ alaba...

don't mess with a big battery
Thanks so much for the advise. I have decided to sell the inverter as I won't be needing it in the near future.

Can stabilizer save one from these transformerless and modified sine wave inverters? cause I have seen collateral damages with them especially when used for fans.

Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 9:40am On Sep 22, 2017
rejosom:

Thanks so much for the advise. I have decided to sell the inverter as I won't be needing it in the near future.

Can stabilizer save one from these transformerless and modified sine wave inverters? cause I have seen collateral damages with them especially when used for fans.

Thanks.

dont plug stab to an inverter....a good transform less or modified inverter should work well with fans, especially the new generation fans
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rejosom(m): 9:50am On Sep 22, 2017
teamsynergy:

dont plug stab to an inverter....a good transform less or modified inverter should work well with fans, especially the new generation fans

Thanks bro.

I saw this souer product for 20k on konga. 1kw, 12v

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2017
rejosom:

Thanks bro.

u can get it for around 15k at alaba or mushin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rejosom(m): 10:32am On Sep 22, 2017
teamsynergy:

u can get it for around 15k at alaba or mushin
Okay but I don't stay in Lagos. I stay in PH
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
kiekie1:
Trojan J200-RE Premium Line Flooded Battery (12V 200Ah)

Availability: Limited quantity

PRICE: ₦130,000.00

Quick Overview:
Model: J200RE with Bayonet Cap
Battery: Flooded/Wet Lead-Acid Battery
Capacity: 12V 200Ah / 20Hr Rate

Cyclic Use: 30% DOD - 2750 cycles
Cyclic Use: 50% DOD - 1750 cycles

Dimensions (LxBxH): 380mm x 176mm x 352mm

Terminal Height: 371mm

Weight: 60kg

Bulk Charge: 14.82V, Float charge: 13.5V, Equalization Charge: 16.20V

Color: Maroon (case/cover)
Material: Polypropylene

Discounts ! Hurry ...

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
rejosom:

Hello Ceejay80s,

All options are VOID ... Simply resell and get a 12-24v inverter system... If budget ain't necessarily an obstacle , go for brand new or simply contact me for a fairly new power system ! My numbers are always available in profile - signature... Cheer's

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
rejosom:

Thanks bro.

There are so many reasons I advice against all this modified sinewave inverters online ... If at all you must use a modified sinewave , get a known reputable brand with after sales services .. Mercury , bluegate , mpower etc has cheap modified versions with active after sales services esp within Lagos state ! Its so painful after procuring likes of that in pics sent above and you have issues with charging or inverting aspect , you end up in Alaba or Oshodi arena on everyday MOSFET or board maintainance ... BE WARNED smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 3:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
rejosom:
Okay but I don't stay in Lagos. I stay in PH

oooooh .. i see.. try electronics market for pH.. it will be cheaper there
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dokunbam(m): 5:13am On Sep 23, 2017
Interesting
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
if you get battery charger wey don spoil, I need it to experiment.
and I fit repair chargers
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Intellab(m): 2:24am On Sep 24, 2017
My current setup is 1000w inverter with 100ah Battery. But, I don't enjoy it.
Nowadays, it doesn't charge my laptop full before it start making the annoying sound.
Even, when I try to charge, the battery doesn't take up to 1hr to get full like before.
I have been thinking of changing the inverter.
In fact, what should I do?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Compactelectric: 6:38am On Sep 24, 2017
Intellab:
My current setup is 1000w inverter with 100ah Battery. But, I don't enjoy it.
Nowadays, it doesn't charge my laptop full before it start making the annoying sound.
Even, when I try to charge, the battery doesn't take up to 1hr to get full like before.
I have been thinking of changing the inverter.
In fact, what should I do?
That is very strange, you should be able to get not below 12hrs backup with laptop charger as only load (70w)/similar.
How long have you been using the battery. If it has served you long enough, then it has reached end of useful life. Stated sign is typical.
Have you been using the battery until complete discharge. if yes,would lead to battery premature failure.
Have you checked the charge current from your inverter for a balanced system.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Compactelectric: 6:54am On Sep 24, 2017
rejosom:

Hello Ceejay80s,

Your proposition will not work and risky on any attempt. Combined B3 Voltage must sync with charger Voltage.
You can get a known cheap modified sine wave inverter and use rechargeable fan as it works fine on it.
Good modified also works with normal fan but on lowest speed.
But again, if you are to buy new rechargeable fan for modified, why not add up and buy pure sine.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Compactelectric: 7:11am On Sep 24, 2017
jaymichael:
The wattage is not shown on the back of my 32" led tv, lg-32LB550A
just voltage of 110~ 240Vac 50- 60Hz
How do I determine the wattage?

Check the Adapter for the LED tv. should hv the rated power.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by jaymichael(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2017
Compactelectric:

Check the Adapter for the LED tv. should hv the rated power.
Thank you. I didn't know that, I will check it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Intellab(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2017
Compactelectric:

That is very strange, you should be able to get not below 12hrs backup with laptop charger as only load (70w)/similar.
How long have you been using the battery. If it has served you long enough, then it has reached end of useful life. Stated sign is typical.
Have you been using the battery until complete discharge. if yes,would lead to battery premature failure.
Have you checked the charge current from your inverter for a balanced system.
I don't think I have used it for 6 months. I upgraded from 92 AH to 100 AH.
My 92 last up to 4 days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.