Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (689818 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
oga ceejay
the ups trips off after 20 min .I checked the battery it reads 12.3 volts what could be the issue here?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
spyglaxx:
oga ceejay
the ups trips off after 20 min .I checked the battery it reads 12.3 volts what could be the issue here?
low battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
So I finally bought another smart charger and changed the Ups, now enjoying the setup.
1. I initially bought a Fake Bluegate UPS that didn't last.then I got a mercury that overheated in two weeks. You will know a fake Bluegate easily because the original UPS has BLUEGATE written at the sides with holes. Also, it beeps continuously instead of the 15 times OP said.

2. My battery setup is one 200aH, two 18aH battery and a car battery (I know I know, had a spare so decided to use it)

3. It is important to remove the batteries inside of the UPS for my kind of setup; it gets very hot. I removed the covering of the UPS to allow it to cool faster.

4. My total load is one 32 inch TV, 5 28watt energy saving bulbs, plethora of charging gadgets and a rechargeable standing fan. Most people don't know that a Gotv charger can be used on these fans. It wouldn't charge the batteries but the fan will work.

5. With the setup above, it lasts 6hrs. Without the TV, it last 24hrs.

6. Using an infra red thermometer, I found out certain components can very hot with temperatures of up to 60°C close to those transistors. This usually starts to occur 2hrs 30mins after I turn it on.

7. I bought a battery powered fan, cut out the wires and attached USB cable to it. I then connected to a USB charger and attached to the UPS with the blades pointed close to the circuitry. This reduces the temperature to 36°C.

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bishop4life(m): 5:40am On Feb 10, 2016
Leopantro:
So I finally bought another smart charger and changed the Ups, now enjoying the setup.
1. I initially bought a Fake Bluegate UPS that didn't last.then I got a mercury that overheated in two weeks. You will know a fake Bluegate easily because the original UPS has BLUEGATE written at the sides with holes. Also, it beeps continuously instead of the 15 times OP said.

2. My battery setup is one 200aH, two 18aH battery and a car battery (I know I know, had a spare so decided to use it)

3. It is important to remove the batteries inside of the UPS for my kind of setup; it gets very hot. I removed the covering of the UPS to allow it to cool faster.

4. My total load is one 32 inch TV, 5 28watt energy saving bulbs, plethora of charging gadgets and a rechargeable standing fan. Most people don't know that a Gotv charger can be used on these fans. It wouldn't charge the batteries but the fan will work.

6. Using an infra red thermometer, I found out certain components can very hot with temperatures of up to 60°C close to those transistors. This usually starts to occur 2hrs 30mins after I turn it on.

7. I bought a battery powered fan, cut out the wires and attached USB cable to it. I then connected to a USB charger and attached to the UPS with the blades pointed close to the circuitry. This reduces the temperature to 36°C.

That's nice, what happened to the other smart charger?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 6:52am On Feb 10, 2016
bishop4life:

That's nice, what happened to the other smart charger?

It doesn't charge, always shows a green light. Complained about it earlier. Will repair it later
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
Leopantro:

7. I bought a battery powered fan, cut out the wires and attached USB cable to it. I then connected to a USB charger and attached to the UPS with the blades pointed close to the circuitry. This reduces the temperature to 36°C.n

to the bolder post above....
There is no fake bluegate ups, if it overheats ,its because its overloaded, bluegate ups comes in different models just like cars and lcd tv....there's actually one that beeps for 13 and 17 times and then goes into silent mode , have u seen the brand new latest blue gate ups ? Urs overheat doesn't mean its fake, I bought a brand new mini amplifier that overheated and burn out the sound ic , I have changed the sound ic 3time before I neatly installed a small cooling fan in it ,u won't even know that there's a fan that cools the transformer and sound ic in it, till today its working flawlessly
If u have a stabilizer u will notice that there's a cooling fan in it,even inverters to have cooling fans in them,our smart chargers have cooling fan,block that hole on ur smart charger from where it ventilate and the smart charger will overheat and burn out , even computer cpu has cooling fan installed near the transformer ,most transformers has cooling fan near them, I will teach u guys how to install cooling fan to ups that overheats,
Out of all nairalanders I help install their mini inverter ,only 2 had the overheating problem, I have installed fan in them and they don't have any problem
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
ceejay80:

to the bolder post above....
There is no fake bluegate ups, if it overheats ,its because its overloaded, bluegate ups comes in different models just like cars and lcd tv....there's actually one that beeps for 13 and 17 times and then goes into silent mode , have u seen the brand new latest blue gate ups ? Urs overheat doesn't mean its fake, I bought a brand new mini amplifier that overheated and burn out the sound ic , I have changed the sound ic 3time before I neatly installed a small fan in it ,u won't even know that there's a fan that cools the transformer and sound ic in it, till today its working flawlessly
If u have a stabilizer u will notice that there's a cooling fan in it, it doesn't mean the stabs fake, even computer cpu has cooling fan installed near the transformer ,most transformers has cooling fan near them, I will teach u guys how to install cooling fan to ups that overheats,
Out of all nairalanders I help install their mini inverter ,only 2 had the overheating problem, I have installed fan in them and they don't have any problem
ceejay abeg show us with detail pix..tnx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
temizeee:
ceejay abeg show us with detail pix..tnx
This is the cooling fan i'm talking about, it has to be a 12v fan, even if it has 4 wires ,all u need is the black and red wire, in oshodi u can get this size for 200naira but in other market its 500naira, these fan has different sizes and voltage, don't buy the small one for ur ups, there's one that will actually fit in ur ups and the u can cover it, nobody will know that there's a fan inside, if u can't install it , give it to an electrician, they won't charge u more than 200 or 500 naira, these cooling fans has two sides,
Air comes out from one side but air doesn't come out from the other, the side that air comes out from should face the transformer

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
there's a big 12v capacitor in ur ups ,its the biggest capacitor in ur ups, it has two legs, one leg of it is connected to the black wire that is connected to the battery(-) ,trace the capacitor legs connected to u ps and find out where they lead to, like I said one leg leads to ur battery (-) which is the black wire and that's where u will solder the black wire from the fan to, the the red wire from the fan is soldered to the other capacitor leg, if u connect it the other way round , then that fan is damaged for good, after u hv connected ur fan switch on ur ups and find out which side of the fan the air actually come out from, face that side to ur ups transformer and glue the fan in the ups so that it doesn't fall, now cover ur ups and screw the bolts,
below is how a capacitor looks like , but in the ups , it the biggest 12v capacitor that its connected to

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
if ur ups is the 24v type that uses 2 batteries, u need to open the ups and check the voltage of the biggest capacitor before u buy the fan , if 12v is written on the capacitor then u will buy a 12v fan but if its 24v or 25v written on the capacitor then u are buying a 24v fan, the seller of the fan should advise u better

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
do they have 220v cooling fan? i want to use it when constructing my generator quiet box. Since i am always on generator, i am already pissing off my neighbours... smiley

ceejay80:

This is the cooling fan i'm talking about, it has to be a 12v fan, even if it has 4 wires ,all u need is the black and red wire, in oshodi u can get this size for 200naira but in other market its 500naira, these and voltage, don't buy the small one for ur ups, there's one that will actually fit in ur ups and the u can cover it, nobody will know that there's a fan inside, if u can't install it , give it to an electrician, they won't charge u more than 200 or 500 hairs, these cooling fans has two sides,
Air comes out from one side but air doesn't come out from the other, the side that air comes out from should face the transformer
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
TeOwl:
do they have 220v cooling fan? i want to use it when constructing my generator quiet box. Since i am always on generator, i am already pissing off my neighbours... smiley

Yes I think they have, opposite that guy that sells inverter batteries at army arena oshodi, if u can't find the 220v cooling fan there then look out for those who sells refrigerators , I don't know if the fan they use to cool refrigerator compressors is 220v
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 9:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
ceejay80:

This is the cooling fan i'm talking about, it has to be a 12v fan, even if it has 4 wires ,all u need is the black and red wire, in oshodi u can get this size for 200naira but in other market its 500naira, these fan has different sizes and voltage, don't buy the small one for ur ups, there's one that will actually fit in ur ups and the u can cover it, nobody will know that there's a fan inside, if u can't install it , give it to an electrician, they won't charge u more than 200 or 500 hairs, these cooling fans has two sides,
tanx bro....i should be able to do it myself......u actually mean the air of d fan should be blowing directly to the transformer shebi?.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
ceejay80:
there's a big 12v capacitor in ur ups ,its the biggest capacitor in ur ups, it has two legs, one leg of it is connected to the black wire that is connected to the battery(-) ,trace the capacitor legs connected to u ps and find out where they lead to, like I said one leg leads to ur battery (-) which is the black wire and that's where u will solder the black wire from the fan to, the the red wire from the fan is soldered to the other capacitor leg, if u connect it the other way road , then that fan is damaged for good, after u hv connected ur fan switch on ur ups and find out which side of the fan the air actually come out from, face that side to ur ups transformer and glue the fan in the ups so that it doesn't fall, now cover ur ups and screw the bolts,
below is how a capacitor looks like , but in the ups , it the biggest 12v capacitor that its connected to
cool....i know how to use soldering iron well,i know cap very well....lolzz. ..tnx bro..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 3:56am On Feb 11, 2016
temizeee:
tanx bro....i should be able to do it myself......u actually mean the air of d fan should be blowing directly to the fan shebi?.
It should be blowing directly to the transformer
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 9:59am On Feb 11, 2016
Leopantro:
1. I initially bought a Fake Bluegate UPS that didn't last.then I got a mercury that overheated in two weeks.[b] You will know a fake Bluegate easily because the original UPS has BLUEGATE written at the sides with holes. Also, it beeps continuously instead of the 15 times OP said.

2.[b] My battery setup is one 200aH, two 18aH battery and a car battery (I know I know, had a spare so decided to use it)

4. My total load is one 32 inch TV, 5 28watt energy saving bulbs , plethora of charging gadgets and a rechargeable standing fan. Most people don't know that a Gotv charger can be used on these fans. It wouldn't charge the batteries but the fan will work.

Answer...

(1). They are not fake ,probably they are getting old or weak or sometimes overloading a ups could cause the transformer to overheat,
Point of correction: only old model bluegate and maxtron ups that beeps continuously , the latest model beeps for some seconds and stops beeping, so my guy they are not fake, they only improved

(2). I take God name beg u, do not connect together that car battery with the 200ah deepcycle battery

(3). To make ur work neater , install a fan in the ups like I have explained before

(4). Buy low watts energy savings bulb, if u can't find 5watts, look for 7,9 or 11 watts . Ur bulbs are 28watts x 5 bulbs=140watts , try and reduce the load to make ur battery last longer.

(5). Reduce the brightness, contrast, backlight of ur tv , they consume a lot , ur battery should last longer than that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
ceejay80:

It should be blowing directly to the transformer
tnx bro...i want to go get d fan now sumtin came to my mind, will d fan be glued by the side of d transformer or front? if it were to be d side definitely there won't be space do mount the fan and screw the cover of the ups.........don't mind me.i do ask questions when i don't get it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
temizeee:
tnx bro...i want to go get d fan now sumtin came to my mind, will d fan be glued by the side of d transformer or front? if it were to be d side definitely there won't be space do mount the fan and screw the cover of the ups.........don't mind me.i do ask questions when i don't get it.
When u open the ups ,the fan should be in front , the fan should face the transformer, after connecting the fan to the capacitor, put it ON to know where the fan breeze is coming out from , buy gum for gluing shoes and rob on the fan, rub the gum again on the ups , let the fan sit on top of the gum on the ups and hold for a while for the gum to dry, make sure the fan is facing the transformer, test it by outing it on the ups before u cover it,
Don't buy small cooling fan or fan bigger than the ups, u can take ur ups there and get a matching fan, the fan should sit comfortably in front of the ups panel
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by aruwa200: 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
Machiny:
when I see nigerians thinking outside the box it makes me joyful.brother you have been blessed with a gift to live a bigger life and create a system that will write yourfamily name in gold..Please Try as much as possible to comercialize your product and improve on it...am so happy for you bro

pls am intrested in these mini inverter set up how can i get your contact
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
ceejay80:

When u open the ups ,the fan should be in front , the fan should face the transformer, after connecting the fan to the capacitor, put it ON to know where the fan breeze is coming out from , buy gum for gluing shoes and rob on the fan, rub the gum again on the ups , let the fan sit on top of the gum on the ups and hold for a while for the gum to dry, make sure the fan is facing the transformer, test it by outing it on the ups before u cover it,
Don't buy small cooling fan or fan bigger than the ups, u can take ur ups there and get a matching fan, the fan should sit comfortably in front of the ups panel
tnx bro. will definitely do as u instructed
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 3:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
spyglaxx:
oga ceejay
Have u resolved the problem?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
Been awhile op
Hows it been?
Are d fairly used batteries now available?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
tnx
@ceejay80 for the idea, i just finished installing d fan, d fan runs like am using normal inverter with d humming of d fan.......d fan dey blow like.............
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 6:00am On Feb 12, 2016
moski5:
Been awhile op Hows it been? Are d fairly used batteries now available?
Which one ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2016
temizeee:
tnx
@ceejay80 for the idea, i just finished installing d fan, d fan runs like am using normal inverter with d humming of d fan.......d fan dey blow like.............
U are welcome, make sure u cover back the ups , its that capacitor that increases the spin speed of the fan, if u connect that 12v fan to a 12v battery, the spin speed will be low
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by agentakins: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
spyglaxx:
@ceejay
Thanks for this sensitization. I got the tv with adapter @ 6k ,
solar panels 100 watts 13k,
charge controller 4k,
100ah battery (mercury servicable) 15k,
ups 2k. I rejected the one with double battery.
NEPA HAS REMOVED ALL THE LIGHT IN OUR TOWN THEY SAID WE ARE OWNING #33MILLION. So thats the latest i will assemble it today and feed you back.
Hello guy, how effective is your solar panel? What is your experience using it. Does is fully charge the batteries?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 10:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
[size=24pt]PLS NEVER USE CAR BATTERIES INDOORS[/size]

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
@ceejay80 well i didn't notice any difference,there was a capacitor in ma ups dat reads 28v when i start it up... i uses 12v. setup though. i was afraid it could destroy the fan...i found a cap dat reads exact battery volt, so i connect the fan through it........ it spins v. fast. it draws 280mah on my meter.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pat077: 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
spyglaxx:
@ceejay
Thanks for this sensitization. I got the tv with adapter @ 6k ,
solar panels 100 watts 13k,
charge controller 4k,
100ah battery (mercury servicable) 15k,
ups 2k. I rejected the one with double battery.
NEPA HAS REMOVED ALL THE LIGHT IN OUR TOWN THEY SAID WE ARE OWNING #33MILLION. So thats the latest i will assemble it today and feed you back.
is the solar panel effectively charging the battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by patrickkkk: 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
ceejay, pls help me with the connection of the fan. My own single battery 650v bluegate ups has the biggest capacitor labelled 35v and the smallest capacitor reads 25v and not 12v like suggested. How do I go about it?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
patrickkkk:
ceejay, pls help me with the connection of the fan. My own single battery 650v bluegate ups has the biggest capacitor labelled 35v and the smallest capacitor reads 25v and not 12v like suggested. How do I go about it?
capacitors are always rated higher than the voltage passing through them.... d max volt around d 35v might be 20sumfin volt.... so no worries. what you want to make sure is to find a capacitor that will start d fan only when you press d start button on the ups..... if u connect it to any cap, d fan will b running 24/7 so far d ups terminals are connected to the battery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.