Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,017 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:33 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (681605 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
olorunda68:
@ ceejay80 please sir can I send you money to get the 15 inch LCD for me? if yes let me know the total cost + transport to ondo town. tanx
Sorry, I don't do that anymore, the stress is too much

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
9ijaprince:

Bros I believe you have where you keept your remaining strength cos your DP is not convincing enough as a heavyweight fighter. cheesy grin grin

But these NEPA people, their bills fit make person commit felony.

One day nairaland headline go read:

a nairalander kills 5 nepa officials in lagos
If I have my way I will install solar and remove their useless wire or even take the wire dey hang my boxers
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ibro360(m): 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
rajo4real:

I would suggest u get an inverter and seperate mppt controller.

And u can even reduce cost if u have average of 6hrs sunshine (depending on your location) and don't have very serious loads to power apart from freezers.

I have 6pcs 130w using 3*3 connection with a 40A mppt charge controller and battery bank of 4pcs 200AH.

I power 2 freezers (btw 12pm - 4pm)and a frigde (10am - 12pm) use a 1hp pumping machine somtimes in the aftn. Power my tv, home theatre, dstv, lightings, fans in d evening and i hardly drain my battery bank to 50%"DOD in d morning.

I have decided to go offgrid for a while. When using solar, you will undstand power management more!

Cheers
please sir what's the brand of your inverter and how many volt is it tnx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
ceejay80s:

One day nairaland headline go read:

a nairalander kills 5 nepa officials in lagos
If I have my way I will install solar and remove their useless wire or even take the wire dey hang my boxers
Lols imagine a 2BD flat getting 10k for post paid light yet average per day no pass three hours. That useless light has been off for the past one week him no blink na prepaid side I dey use yet uncle cash increased that bill as well cox 5k no dey buy d units it normally buys before & dat one sef just came back after almost three weeks ooo. If I calculate the whole light wey dey chop the 5k prepaid its not up to two weeks full 24 hours light even though I no use steam iron and electric cooker. If person start illegal connection now, they will say we are all corrupt.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
bobojoshua:
Bros, the circuit breaker is very important as it prevents against high voltage/voltage fluctuation.
That's a purpose the charge controller serves.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

What's the break down cost of the solar panels and batteries. I have an inverter already of 2.5KVA. I'm thinking of going off grid as well cox dix useless light and useless bills go make me beat up NEPA one day or else they stop giving me bills

Minimum of four 200watts (800watts solar) panels- 160k
Automatic Charge controller (12v/ 24v/ 48v by 20a/30a/40a/60a)- 40k
Four 200ah batteries (in 12v 800ah or 24v 400ah setting) bank- 200k
6mm double core cable 6h per yard
Nah very rough estimate oh, just plan about 450k total by the time you buy rack, clips, change over and price fluctuations depending on manufacturer of the items you buy...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
timifakay:

Minimum of four 200watts (800watts solar) panels- 160k
Automatic Charge controller (12v/ 24v/ 48v by 20a/30a/40a/60a)- 40k
Four 200ah batteries (in 12v 800ah or 24v 400ah setting) bank- 200k
6mm double core cable 6h per yard
Nah very rough estimate oh, just plan about 450k total by the time you buy rack, clips, change over and price fluctuations depending on manufacturer of the items you buy...
Its colorful and its bright....
I'll get there....

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by igbsam(m): 8:23am On Apr 23, 2016
What type of change over would you advise someone to use. Can someone show a picture of it pls. Trying to put costs together on making my own solar panel
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2016
Am trying to go offgrid on a budget of 215k. I will share my journey later

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by OCTAVO: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2016
anochuks08:
Am trying to go offgrid on a budget of 215k. I will share my journey later
Waiting...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 11:26am On Apr 23, 2016
ibro360:
please sir what's the brand of your inverter and how many volt is it tnx

I build my own inverters cuz i don't trust the ones in market grin

The very good ones are over priced and the cheap ones are of low quality!

I have a 'true' 2000watt 24v nominal voltage and i can power anything in house cool
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrhello: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2016
Valto:
the 1500w inverter am currently using is for mean time as i intend to buy atleast a 2.4kva prag or su-kam inverter in the long run. a 1500watts car inverter of 8k should not be expected to av the same capacity/ functions of a 90k pure sine wave inverter. to your questions,
1, no
2, it supplies full 220volt as read by my meter
3, i cant really tell, but mine can power over 12 energy bulbs and 32inches led tv with a 30w standing fan.
4, i dont know cos its not written on the body and i misplace the manual.
5, i av used it for about 8hrs straight,(not with full load) phcn or gen is available most of the time , so no need to use it for long hrs.
6, i am yet to fully load it for long time, cos i dont want deplete my battery quickly.
if u have the CASH and want a very good inverter with many functions and higher capacity, THIS IS NOT FOR U.. thanks cool
Wow, thank u for d precise and honest response. I was particular abt d inverter and asking all those questions cos I'm actually prospecting a more quality one even wt complete auto charge and auto change-over features, though higher in price than dis frm a guy on NL here, #Worldgee and it promises to be cool. He even gv my contacts of a few nairalanders who had bought frm them and they were raw in their comments dat d product hs bn serving them well. It's still modified sine and wt display meters and solar enabled. I think I will get frm them. They hv diff capacities now.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2016
OCTAVO:

Waiting...

OCTAVO!!!...longtime bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrhello: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2016
rajo4real:
I build my own inverters .....I have a 'true' 2000watt 24v nominal voltage and i can power anything in house cool
Is it wt imbuilt charger or u use ext. charger wt it or purely solar charging? If ext. charger, what brand and amp?

Can we hv d pictures of d inverter, esp front and back?

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrhello: 11:46am On Apr 23, 2016
rajo4real:
I would suggest u get an inverter and seperate mppt controller. ............

I have 6pcs 130w using 3*3 connection with a 40A mppt charge controller and battery bank of 4pcs 200AH.

I power 2 freezers (btw 12pm - 4pm)and a frigde (10am - 12pm) use a 1hp pumping machine somtimes in the aftn. Power my tv, home theatre, dstv, lightings, fans in d evening and i hardly drain my battery bank to 50%"DOD in d morning......
1. Hw did u wire d load? As in did feed all these loads into your inverter or some to it and others to other source?

2. Hw do u manage this timing, 10am-12pm, etc? Do u do it manually by putting on and off d concern load as at when due or u auto prog them or the inverter sorts them as at when due? Pls explain this better.

3. Going by your time routine, does it mean there's no day d 2 freezers and d fridge will run continuously all thru d day, as an average nigerian does when on nepa utility?

4. If nobody is home as at when to power on/off a given load, what then happens?

No vex o. Just want to learn and also for others to benefit.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2016
rajo4real:

I have a 'true' 2000watt 24v nominal voltage and i can power anything in house cool
thanks for ur advice so far.. i just acquired a 30A MPPT solar charge controller and another 200watts panel, next thing is a good inverter like yours, like how much will it go for?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by igbsam(m): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
rajo4real:

My Home Theatre Alone is 1000watt and its on almost all the time cos its sound system is connected with my LCD. In this case, having just one appliance with such high wattage. What do you advice i do and what size of inverter would you advise i get to contain every other appliance such as 4 Ceiling fans, One Ps3, 2 Laptops, 8 Bulbs, One small DVD Player and 3 LCDs. Not adding 2 Fridges(One small little hotel size fridge and one big fridge) I am having issues calculating all the watts in total. I just want to piece everything together before i embark on what i need and get it done.

Some one Help
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
igbsam:

My Home Theatre Alone is 1000watt and its on almost all the time cos its sound system is connected with my LCD. In this case, having just one appliance with such high wattage. What do you advice i do and what size of inverter would you advise i get to contain every other appliance such as 4 Ceiling fans, One Ps3, 2 Laptops, 8 Bulbs, One small DVD Player and 3 LCDs. Not adding 2 Fridges(One small little hotel size fridge and one big fridge) I am having issues calculating all the watts in total. I just want to piece everything together before i embark on what i need and get it done.

Some one Help
Check the back of your home theater well for its correct rating. it cant be 1000w. I don't think a sound system can consume more than an electric iron or boiler. Your sound system should be between 75w to 150w
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ibro360(m): 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
rajo4real:

tnx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
igbsam:

Some one Help
an average home theater is not more than 200watt. if you are to use all you listed here, then u have to budget about 600k to set up a complete inverter and solar system.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by igbsam(m): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
anochuks08:
Check the back of your home theater well for its correct rating. it cant be 1000w. I don't think a sound system can consume more than an electric iron or boiler. Your sound system should be between 75w to 150w

This is wat is captured in d carton. I checked behind d disc system alone it was written 50/60Hz 165W

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
igbsam:

This is wat is captured in d carton. I checked behind d disc system alone it was written 50/60Hz 165W
1000w is not the power consumption rate.
Its d power of the sound waves produced by the speakers and subwoofers. The power requirements of the sound system is the 165w

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by igbsam(m): 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
martinz1:

1000w is not the power consumption rate.
Its d power of the sound waves produced by the speakers and subwoofers. The power requirements of the sound system is the 165w

Oh thanks bro for the enlightenment.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
Valto:
thanks for ur advice so far.. i just acquired a 30A MPPT solar charge controller and another 200watts panel, next thing is a good inverter like yours, like how much will it go for?

How much did you get both?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 7:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

How much did you get both?
50k and 35k
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 3:46am On Apr 24, 2016
Valto:
50k and 35k

If you'll be so kind upload pix of the MPPT . Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
Valto:
if u av 4pcs of 250watts solar panels, your freezer should be on during the day, especially on sunny days.

Pls House I just Got a delivery of 140watt x 3pieces poly panels. How many more pieces do I need more to power a freezer at home during the Day. thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
mukhcech:

Pls House I just Got a delivery of 140watt x 3pieces poly panels. How many more pieces do I need more to power a freezer at home during the Day. thanks.
3 more

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Valto:
3 more

A freezer at a time or I can still use other appliance. thanks buddy.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by igbsam(m): 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
Valto:
3 more

And How Many 200AH batteries would he need ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coderXO(m): 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
Abeg who knows where I can get my SUOER 30A smart charger fixed?

Now, it works but does not work as expected to its full potential.

It does not turn on unless the battery is deeply discharged; and when it does charge, it prematurely turns itself off in less than 1-2 hours.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 11:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
igbsam:

And How Many 200AH batteries would he need ?
he asked how many more panels to run his fridge during sunlight. if he adds 3 more 140watt panel, that should give him a total of 840watts, which can produce enough to power a medium fridge so far there is enough sunlight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.