Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (688200 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olorunda68: 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Penuelseun:
Just go to any big pharmacy store, I used a pack, I bought it for #370
did you pour it into the battery 6 holes directly in its powdered state or you mix with water before pouring sir?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
Penuelseun:
is it for lead acid battery like ups battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
olorunda68:
did you pour it into the battery 6 holes directly in its powdered state or you mix with water before pouring sir?
No, I boiled rain water, poured the salt into the hot water & stirred it thoroughly until it dissolved, removed some excess electrolyte from the battery & replaced it with the salt solution, make sure the salt solution is strong. The effect can take up to a week before showing, just be patient

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
pointstores:
is it for lead acid battery like ups battery
any lead acid battery that you suspect is sulfated or not holding charge
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 7:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
Penuelseun:
will u add water to the epsom salt please will it be used
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
Penuelseun:
thanks for the hint God bless. Did u use d whole salt? What is the make of the battery? Don't mind me, i ask too much of questions....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olorunda68: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Penuelseun:
No, I boiled rain water, poured the salt into the hot water & stirred it thoroughly until it dissolved, removed some excess electrolyte from the battery & replaced it with the salt solution, make sure the salt solution is strong. The effect can take up to a week before showing, just be patient
is this the product sir? if so, how many sachet can I use? each sachet of the ones below is 25grams sir.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 12:47am On Jun 29, 2016
olorunda68:
is this the product sir? if so, how many sachet can I use? each sachet of the ones below is 25grams sir.
if una battery dey okay b4, no try Epsom. Seriously, . U only use it on sulfated battery, it will never work on an open cell or internal shorted ba3s...... A ba3 dat reads below 12v after full charge is considered dead..dere iz alot of videos abt this Epsom thing on YouTube

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 9:34am On Jun 29, 2016
yes, I used d whole pack, d battery is a 200ah deep cycle, d performance was very poor before I added it, when I opened d battery cover, I discovered that the electrolyte solution was below the plate, so I topped it up with the salt solution. N.B u must add d salt to a hot distilled water to dissolve it before adding to ur battery, let the solution be strong, don't let the water to be too much, just gauge what will be enough to cover the battery plates
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 9:35am On Jun 29, 2016
olorunda68:
Yes, in my case I used d whole pack for a 200ah battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by FxDominion(m): 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
Pls my Ogas in the house, on what condition will I need 24 volts system to power my appliances rather than 12 volts or is it a matter of choice?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oparaeke(m): 9:34am On Jun 30, 2016
ceejay80s:

Plenty for market.....

Go to oshodi army arena , u will definitely get a 1.2kva or 1.5kva 12v ups, just explain to them what u want, and make sure they test it with just a 12v battery, if they test it with 2 12v batteries conneTed in series, then u know its a 24v ups
can they be tested without batteries as in there were ones I saw somewhere without batt we plugged into power source to see if it will light up but they didn't so pls I want to know if an empty UPS will light up when plugged to utility without batteries?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2016
oparaeke:
can they be tested without batteries as in there were ones I saw somewhere without batt we plugged into power source to see if it will light up but they didn't so pls I want to know if an empty UPS will light up when plugged to utility without batteries?

A ups without battery should work when plugged into a electric power, don't know about all ups sha but maxtron and bluegate works without battery when plugged to electricity, they should test test it for u, don't let anybody deceive u that there's no light to test it, make sure its tested with battery and without battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ojib(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
timifakay:

All components are brand new, bought at Oke Padre, Ibadan. Battery seller says it has warrantee, even uses same in his shop inverter set up.

Nah so oh, be like say I go take ham start business if person want make I help with the installation.

good one bro, I will like to know d oke padri detail, adress and d seller no. am closer to IBADAN than LAGOS pls. kindly add me on wasap 08079813199.. thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
Who has 40ah battery to sell
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
ibro360:
It's 12v 150w

pls how is the performance of this iron, i do really nid one.

Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
ibro360:
It's 12v 150w

really need this Iron. does it really get hot enough to remove wrinkles and how do I get it in Imo state?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by judajix(m): 7:02am On Jul 06, 2016
Good morning everyone, so I successfully read through the entire thread and I was amazed but I was also looking out for something, which is a locally made charger, but then I found out one for myself from a friend when I asked him if he had smart charger and then boom he got me his own hand made smart charger made from power packs and addition of some diodes and rectifiers to control charging and over charge, full details of the system I don't know yet but here are the pictures
He said the power packs are link in series and all of them have to stay plugged

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by judajix(m): 7:07am On Jul 06, 2016
Will update u guys on more details as soon as I get them
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by umarjude: 9:51am On Jul 06, 2016
Good morning gurus in the house, please I want to know if car inverters are as efficient and good as the normal inverters.

Secondly, for those who have imported from www.aliexpress.com, how easy and reliable was the experience?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 11:23am On Jul 06, 2016
umarjude:
Good morning gurus in the house, please I want to know if car inverters are as efficient and good as the normal inverters.

Secondly, for those who have imported from www.aliexpress.com, how easy and reliable was the experience?
Yes,i have been using 1500va car inverter since two months now,but i prefer ups becuse ups is fully automatic

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by umarjude: 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
Thanks for the response @officialfestus.

But where could one get the car inverters, is it in places they sell computer parts, or car parts?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by umarjude: 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
Does anyone here know where I can buy the smart battery charger here in Abuja, I appreciate your responses, pls
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
umarjude:
Thanks for the response @officialfestus.

But where could one get the car inverters, is it in places they sell computer parts, or car parts?
I bought mine from jumia #13,500
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ibro360(m): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
rajo4real:

pls how is the performance of this iron, i do really nid one.

Thanks
i must confess it's performance was not what I expected, but it's manageable
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ONWARDBABA: 1:49am On Jul 09, 2016
great
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Pakingzzz(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
FxDominion:
Pls my Ogas in the house, on what condition will I need 24 volts system to power my appliances rather than 12 volts or is it a matter of choice?

You will need a 24 volts system to power your appliances when your power consumption is above 1kva to 2kva. A 12 volts system is for power ratings of their order of 1kva and below. It isn't a matter of choice. It's a matter of what your average consumption is likely to be.
We build custom made inverters including transformer less (ferrite core) inverters.
We also build Dc-Dc converters of any kind, including both step up (boost) and step down (buck).
So I am telling you out of experience.
For more info, you can get us through: kingsleyobinna26@yahoo.com
Or : 08099875308

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cooldipo(m): 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
Valto:
i am not sure there is any true mppt solar charge controller of 30amps that can go for anything below 35k as at January this year. i was offered a PWM solar charge controller modified and printed MPPT all over the body, but i declined, when i googled it and found out its a fake mppt. this is a picture of mine, and its the cheapest 30amps TRUE MPPT controller in the market..bought at 46k 2months ago. real mppt doesn't come cheap.

Gotcha!.....been on the lookout for someone using same 30A .....i got mine for 4k more than you quoted but my only regret was that I wished I had gone for something like a 40A or higher......but the reality is that money no dey grow like grass.....i couldn't get a user review back then online..... I hope to get useful tips now. Cheers!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cooldipo(m): 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
blazeup:

Get a rechargeable fan, most of them have Dc inputs. Then get a suitable adaptor if you need it..you are good to go.

Can you pls make this clearer to a non techie guy like me? Do you mean those recharge fan are 12 volts fan or low wattage? What is wattage of rechargeable fans? What does the adapter you mention look like?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cooldipo(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2016
ceejay80s:

30w 40w is ok for a standing fan depending on ur battery capacity but I've seen 20w but its rare

Please holla @ me if and when you locate a 20watt standing fan than can rotate.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cooldipo(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2016
Bosc:
I just came across this fan online with the following specifications. I think it may be helpful to those looking for low wattage fan & the price is below 2k.

Specifications:
Input voltage:5V;
Input current: 0.5~1A;
Output voltage: 5~9V;
Output power: 4.5W;
Rechargeable Battery: li-ion 18650 batteries, 3.7 V, 2200 mAh
Full Charge: Not more than 5 hours
Three wind speed selections: high, mid, low
Working time: 2~8 hours depending on the speed level
LED light on side for emergency illumination
Dimensions: 140 x 105 x 42mm

I own one but trust me, nothing compares with a fan that can rotate.......this one will almost cause you discomfort after long use cos one side of your body go dey cold while the other is warm.....even the side feeling the breeze will feel lil discomfort.......will be in the look out for a low wattage standing fan but the weather is cutting me some slack already.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cooldipo(m): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2016
oparaeke:
I bought this one in Ariaria Aba #1600 but the down side is u'll struggle for how to position it to be close to you when sleeping to get maximum breeze it blows up to six hours when fully charged and has bright led lights

At 1600 naira.....that is a good price...Aliexpress rip me off all the time.... bulk purchase of retail item from the manufacturer is key in importation biz.....they cheapest price for this on Aliexpress is above $7. When will Nigeria start producing anything? From battery to panel that can easily revolutionize our ailing power sector? I see myself as a Patriot who always feel bad when I have to import everything from biz item to consumables.....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.