Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (689624 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
@teamsynergy......a motor of a neating machine has regulator(to accelerate and also to de-accelerate)but a cobler machine doesn't,but the both of them consume the same watt which is 350 watt and 950va gen(i pass my neighbor) power's them
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
@saint2face,teamsynergy,ceejay80s,valto and others gurus not mentioned (The guy that created the self-run ups )the setup is like this ---->200ah battery----->12volt brushless motor(rpm matters)------>50amps dc brushless alternator----->12volt 1500va ups------>50amps battery charger(the one use by automobile tech,950va generator power's this charger smoothly)---->to the 200ah battery.........this setup is for small scale enterprise *note*that 50amps chargers used by automobile tech has booster and blocking diode

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
officialfestus:
@saint2face,teamsynergy,ceejay80s,valto and others gurus not mentioned (The guy that created the self-run ups )the setup is like this ---->200ah battery----->12volt brushless motor(rpm matters)------>50amps dc brushless alternator----->12volt 1500va ups------>50amps battery charger(the one use by automobile tech,950va generator power's this charger smoothly)---->to the 200ah battery.........this setup is for small scale enterprise *note*that 50amps chargers used by automobile tech has booster and blocking diode
this setup was also use in that fueless,noiseless genertor and motorcycle,but with little changes
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
officialfestus:

Wonderful, now you can see that it's possible to get something from very little, the issue now will be how to source the materials and the model with which the installation was built, did it make use of a pulley system? was the motor integrated into the alternator using a shaft? things like that can help one look at doing it by oneself.

Great work @officalfestus i greet you..... Oga ceejay80s abeg no vex say we don change the scope of ur thread, we're just sharing ideas
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
saint2ace:

Wonderful, now you can see that it's possible to get something from very little, the issue now will be how to source the materials and the model with which the installation was built, did it make use of a pulley system? was the motor integrated into the alternator using a shaft? things like that can help one look at doing it by oneself.

Great work @officalfestus i greet you..... Oga ceejay80s abeg no vex say we don change the scope of ur thread, we're just sharing ideas
@boss saint2ace it uses pulley system
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:39am On Feb 17, 2017
teamsynergy:

that is interesting.. now u can easily choose BTW blinking led and beeper.... pls let's know if the 1.2kva ups is equally as efficient as ur 650va

The 1.2kva is better than the 650Va, still on testing mode sha So far so good , my 12v 1.2kva ups is working ok, it doesn't over heat, when I was using the 650va I couldn't put on my 32inch led TV. Os in 30mins the ups starts beeping "overload" I then have to switch to my 15inch TV, I can't put on my 15inch and laptop at same time cos it will start beeping "overload" but this 1.2kva was on, no cooling fan installed and it powered my led TV with no overload beeping sound and worked for more than 5hrs, some nairalanders sef dey use 1.55kva ups and I dey make noise for ordinary 1.2kva ups, its working perfectly, the switch I installed is now on led light which just blinks slow , even if I switch it back to beep, the beep sef is very low cos I used celotape to cover the top of the beeper, u will hardly hear it beep sef
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:51am On Feb 17, 2017
saint2ace:

My oga well done sir,
No body has derailed the tread remember its all about (how to create a locally made inverter with ease)
So even if anybody use sand ,wind or thunder to create light for us, we no mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:15am On Feb 17, 2017
ceejay80s:

My oga well done sir,
No body has derailed the tread remember its all about (how to create a locally made inverter with ease)
So even if anybody use sand ,wind or thunder to create light for us, we no mind
thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 8:03am On Feb 17, 2017
ceejay80s:

The 1.2kva is better than the 650Va, still on testing mode sha So far so good , my 12v 1.2kva ups is working ok, it doesn't over heat, when I was using the 650va I couldn't put on my 32inch led TV. Os in 30mins the ups starts beeping "overload" I then have to switch to my 15inch TV, I can't put on my 15inch and laptop at same time cos it will start beeping "overload" but this 1.2kva was on, no cooling fan installed and it powered my led TV with no overload beeping sound and worked for more than 5hrs, some nairalanders sef dey use 1.55kva ups and I dey make noise for ordinary 1.2kva ups, its working perfectly, the switch I installed is now on led light which just blinks slow , even if I switch it back to beep, the beep sef is very low cos I used celotape to cover the top of the beeper, u will hardly hear it beep sef
cool review sir... but y not add a fan just in case... buh am sure u won't overload the ups, DAT is what usually make it over heat or using it to power inductive or resistive load.... ride on sir... I wan convert one sinergy 1.2kva ups today, only that its 24v.. na to buy 24v smart charger and two batteries.... God bless ceejay80s and all
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:34am On Feb 17, 2017
teamsynergy:

cool review sir... but y not add a fan just in case... buh am sure u won't overload the ups, DAT is what usually make it over heat or using it to power inductive or resistive load.... ride on sir... I wan convert one sinergy 1.2kva inverter today, only that its 24v.. na to buy 24v smart charger and two batteries.... God bless ceejay80s and all

FOR TWO YEARS ,I USED THE 650VA WITHOUT COOLING FAN AND HAD NO PROBLEM TILL TODAY, there are time its on for 48hrs straight up , even the 1.2kva worked from 6pm yesterday till 6am this morning with no overheating
if u can get a 24v 30amp or 40amp charger, it will be sweet, 24v 20amp is widely available but its slow in charging and u know nepa light now na (1hr ON,3DAYS OFF)
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2017
Feshizzy:

I believed you should have added fan the ups, when you noticed the heat.
Only few techguy knows how to work on circuit board,
That inverter wein u dey eye,
Hope say e get transformer? Else your battery is at stake with a transformer-less inverter.
Ups is still a good bet to me,
Make the techkie change the board if he no sabi anything, and add fan to am,
Mine na BG and I added fan to it.
When the ups dey charge or battery dey on the fans works,
When I turn it off, the fan off too.

Oh! Less I forget,
I believe you dey over load your setup na why e quick pack up, hope you no ON any heating/compressor element on top?
That's a no no for small ups.

Regards,
EF

I've ordered for a new one but still need to fix this one. Please can you help me get the board. I'm not in Lagos.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 9:04am On Feb 17, 2017
ceejay80s:

FOR TWO YEARS ,I USED THE 650VA WITHOUT COOLING FAN AND HAD NO PROBLEM TILL TODAY, there are time its on for 48hrs straight up , even the 1.2kva worked from 6pm yesterday till 6am this morning with no overheating
if u can get a 24v 30amp or 40amp charger, it will be sweet, 24v 20amp is widely available but its slow in charging and u know nepa light now na (1hr ON,3DAYS OFF)
I know u pay attention to ur ups, so for u no fear of overheating... I am going to look for 30a smart charger. I shud get at oshodi, mushin or alaba.. abi wat do u suggest...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2017
teamsynergy:

I know u pay attention to ur ups, so for u no fear of overheating... I am going to look for 30a smart charger. I shud get at oshodi or alaba.. abi wat do u suggest...

call the man that sells at mushin, if he has, his own will be cheaper but if he doesnt have,look for it at army arena
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 9:33am On Feb 17, 2017
ceejay80s:

call the man that sells at mushin, if he has, his own will be cheaper but if he doesnt have,look for it at army arena

thanks will do DAT..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by tonyx4x44(m): 9:44am On Feb 17, 2017
Omo the last two pages don turn pure elect elect class... Make una pity us laymen o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by laposta: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2017
officialfestus:

He will achieve the same result and even better by simply attempting to plug the ups directly to the battery and plug the smart charget to the UPS, back to the battery. That way he will save the heat lost in the brushless motor and brushless alternator... grin

However, I postulated earlier, this set up would work for a few hours or even a few days but you will eventually kill the 200ah battery cos you're taking more energy from it than the 50amps battery charger can ever put back into it.

As long as components of the system generates heat, that heat is power lost in the system which means the system cannot be 100% effective. The system described above will run itself endlessly if it was 100% efficient (which is not practical). For you to now assume you can draw power from it to power your own lighting needs and still maintain the system means you expect the system to be more than 100% efficient.

Anyway, it will be good to debunk the myth of a "fueless" generator. So I will wish you success in your endeavour. Please share with us your story when you're done.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BlossomJey: 11:21am On Feb 17, 2017
ceejay80s:

boss ah beg, which kin ba3 y dey use
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2017
BlossomJey:

boss ah beg, which kin ba3 y dey use

battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 11:55am On Feb 17, 2017
laposta:

He will achieve the same result and even better by simply attempting to plug the ups directly to the battery and plug the smart charget to the UPS, back to the battery. That way he will save the heat lost in the brushless motor and brushless alternator... grin

However, I postulated earlier, this set up would work for a few hours or even a few days but you will eventually kill the 200ah battery cos you're taking more energy from it than the 50amps battery charger can ever put back into it.

As long as components of the system generates heat, that heat is power lost in the system which means the system cannot be 100% effective. The system described above will run itself endlessly if it was 100% efficient (which is not practical). For you to now assume you can draw power from it to power your own lighting needs and still maintain the system means you expect the system to be more than 100% efficient.

Anyway, it will be good to debunk the myth of a "fueless" generator. So I will wish you success in your endeavour. Please share with us your story when you're done.

@laposta my guy, i like your spirit and i appreciate the fact that you're an intellect else you wouldn't identify the flaw in the above system, so for as long as this "class" will last (lol); you'll play our "devils advocate". You don't have to be nice about it, just be who you are and let's see if we can force our minds to re-route and see a better alternative, deal?

But before we proceed, remember the scenerio painted by officalfestus was seen on a program as demonstrated by a young inventor and thus not his idea but a model to show that a system can work even if it's crude and might tire out in the long run, our task as intellects now comes to play, first can we modify this and create a better system? You made an attempt which seems to be better than the original but also flawed in itself, becos though you created a loop system the level of output far outweighs the level of input and thus, it cannot be sustainable even though it might save a bit of juice, saved from eliminating the heat inducting elements, it will still fail in the long run.

Like i said earlier we might not 100% eliminate a fuelless situation but we can try to bring it to the barest minimum, let me paint 2 scenarios; the first using the above model, let say ---->Power from the ups----->12volt brushless motor(120v delivering 2500rpm)------>20amps dc brushless alternator----->20amps battery charger---->to the 200ah battery ----->12volt 1500va ups------>Load as well as 12volts brushless motor

Scenario 2: Taking an existing windmill setup which consists of the WINDMILL(400W) -----> WIND CHARGE CONTROLLER(300W 50A)-----> 400AH BATTERIES -----> 2.5KVA 24VDC INVERTER -----> LOAD...
That being a typical setup of a windmill installation but we now add a twist to it, the windmill rotor can produce energy at low RPM as compared to other alternators, so we get a windmill alternator and power it with a brushless permanent magnet motor one that delivers 2500RPM at 120w then integrate a pulley system to reduce latency and drag and help produce momentum and then power the motor from the output of the inverter.

So our diagram will no be POWER FROM INVERTER ----->BRUSHLESS MOTOR(120W)-----> PULLEY SYSTEM----->WINDMILL ALTERNATOR(400W) -----> WIND CHARGE CONTROLLER(300W 50A)-----> 400AH BATTERIES -----> 2.5KVA 24VDC INVERTER -----> LOAD including BRUSHLESS MOTOR.

So does anyone feel this can work @laposta ur honest opinion please...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
@saint2ace
@laposta
@officialfestus
@teamsynergy
@ other notable member regarding to sustainable free energy.

Kindly view this link and tell if it could be truly sustainable or what are the flaws so we could tweak it a bit more.

@oga cj abeg no vex for this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRRJUAL2-jY
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by nex(m): 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
I want to convert my old pumping machine to a small wind turbine using the blades of an old fan. The coil of the pumping machine is burnt, so I'm going to take it to the local generator guy to see if he can recoil it to even generate as much electricity as possible.

I'm also going to take the blades of the fan to a welder to weld them together on the axial rod. I'm not an engineer or anything. I'm just angry at Fashola, and I'm tired of complaining.

If anyone has any suggestions, or contributions, you can call me on 08093403611.

My plan is to build a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine because I learnt they can better utilise the lower wind speeds we have in most parts of Nigeria.

Dear Team synergy , let me know how your work goes.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
PatrickOkunima:

I've ordered for a new one but still need to fix this one. Please can you help me get the board. I'm not in Lagos.

You go need to ask oga cj first,
Na him be the verified and trusted brother for here.
I can only direct you also to where you can get it.

BTW, I thought you said the techkie mentioned a bad transformer?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
ceejay80s:

yeah, the higher, the better. i will advise new users to go for something higher of at least 1.2kva. I remember when i using a small inverter, it keep switching off under normal load. but now i use 3kva pure sine wave inverter, i sometimes forget to switch off many things, and no harm will be done.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
omo, the kind physics stuffs wey i de see for here this few days, no be here grin i dont know there are even physics professors in the house cheesy this one pass me oo walaii. shocked big ups to u guys smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 1:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
I'am loving the thinkers association here. I like it when people think.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
Feshizzy:
@saint2ace
@laposta
@officialfestus
@ other notable member regarding to sustainable free energy.

Kindly view this link and tell if it could be truly sustainable or what are the flaws so we could tweak it a bit more.

@oga cj abeg no vex for this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRRJUAL2-jY

i no get problem since its about local made inverter, my own na to siddon dey look una, if una finish and e work , i go just switch over to una own method

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Valto:
omo, the kind physics stuffs wey i de see for here this few days, no be here grin i dont know there are even physics professors in the house cheesy this one pass me oo walaii. shocked big ups to u guys smiley

even me sef dey confused, after reading ,i fell off my staircase twice with confusion, now i look like itiboribo

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
ceejay80s:

i no get problem since its about local made inverter, my own na to siddon dey look una, if una finish and e work , i go just switch over to una own method
smart man..lol.. am sure we go eventually come up with somefin very cheap and easy
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
done with the conversion of the ups to inverter.. na smart charger remain....

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 3:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
If only africans can think and break the rules. If only we can dare. If if ifffffffff.:...:.:..:...:..:.:..:..... I have not payed NEPA bills since last year because solar energy is the bomb.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2017
teamsynergy:
done with the conversion of the ups to inverter.. na smart charger remain....

This conversation sweet no be small grin grin
But one quick question though,
How do you connect the fan and what's the principle behind it?

For me,
I dey connect the fan inside the ups in a way that the breeze dey face board and part of the fan dey face under the board,
I no dey bore any extra hole for the ups body,
I go just allow make d breeze blow the pcb and since na continous, the breeze go come reach the transformer and back to the fan backyard make the fan sef cool down.
So that way no breeze is wasted! cheesy cheesy

I stand corrected all the same,
But me go like hear yours,
Make i know if I dey do anything wrong.
Thanks

#TeamFreeEnergy
I still dey wait una response for that video wein I send.
Make una no just look commot face.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
Feshizzy:

This conversation sweet no be small grin grin
But one quick question though,
How do you connect the fan and what's the principle behind it?

For me,
I dey connect the fan inside the ups in a way that the breeze dey face board and part of the fan dey face under the board,
I no dey bore any extra hole for the ups body,
I go just allow make d breeze blow the pcb and since na continous, the breeze go come reach the transformer and back to the fan backyard make the fan sef cool down.
So that way no breeze is wasted! cheesy cheesy

I stand corrected all the same,
But me go like hear yours,
Make i know if I dey do anything wrong.
Thanks

#TeamFreeEnergy
I still dey wait una response for that video wein I send.
Make una no just look commot face.
since the casing is enclosed, its best to borehole so there won't be a build up of heat inside the ups (during long use on heavy load)... u know the fan is drawing air from behind, its better to let it blow out the heat from the system. if the fan is blowing from within without a wide space for hot or warm air to escape, heat could build up.....check d back of stabs, amplifier, DVD etc ....

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.