Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan (1622 Views)

I Will Reveal Why We Lost In 2015 When Buhari And Others Leave Office - Jonathan / "You're VISIONLESS If You Add No Value After 20 Months In Office" - Jonathan / Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by johnie: 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nigerians will praise me after I leave office – Jonathan

December 30, 2014
Talatu Usman

President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday said he will continue to do his best in solving Nigeria’s challenges, but said [b]he does not expect praise while still in office.

Mr. Jonathan said he understands that his current actions and achievements will only be justified and applauded after he had left power.

Mr. Jonathan stated this at the presidential villa when ‎a delegation of traditional rulers and leaders from Bayelsa State visited him.

The group, led by Governor Seriake Dickson, said its mission was to show solidarity with the president ahead of the 2015 election.

Amongst the notable personalities on the team were the Amayanabo of Twon-Brass, Alfred Diete-Spiff‎, Bayelsa State Chief Judge, the Speaker of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, and the former Managing Director of NDCC, Timi Alaiyibe.

Mr. Jonathan said the constant criticism of his government do not come as a surprise to him.

‎He said he is aware that if he performs poorly, the people of Bayelsa would be embarrassed, therefore he must work hard to perform well to build a better Nigeria for Nigerians.

‎”The new year is full of challenges for Nigerians because of the early elections. Everywhere will be hot from January 2nd,” the president said.

“I assure you that I am here by the grace of God with the willingness of Nigerians. If Nigerians say I
shouldn’t be here, I wouldn’t have been here. We contested election in 2011 and Nigerians voted for us.

“I am your own, if I don’t do well, the shame will be on you. If I do well, you will have some kind of pride. I will do my best,” he said.

[b]The president expressed concern over how Nigerians criticise him and his government using the social media.

“These days, there are all kinds of stories. It is all over the world, leaders are being lambasted, especially with the social media now.

“People use what knowledge had created for negative reasons. Just as I was told that the person who invented dynamite regretted that invention because he thought he was coming up with something to solve human problem, but when he got to know about the level of destruction: human lives that are being blown up because of explosion, the man regretted that invention,” he said.

“What is supposed to be used for the common good was turned to negative purposes.

“I always say that I will not even expect praises now because hardly do people praise serving leaders. It is when you leave, people will begin to know.

“When you leave, people will begin to compare what you have done over the period vis-a-vis what others have done, then they will compare you with whoever takes over.

“Probably that is the time some people will begin to say good about you. But I will do my best to make sure that we do change things.
[/b]
“We are trying to create enabling environment for our economy to thrive irrespective of the challenges we are having in the petroleum sector and the security challenges we have.

“I will do my best so that by the time I will leave, you will be able to say that when our son was there, he served the country well so that one day, another son of Bayelsa may be given another opportunity to serve Nigerians,‎” he said.

Speaking earlier, the Bayelsa State Governor, Mr. Dickson, said they were in the State House to felicitate and wish President Jonathan and his family a victorious new year.

He said the president’s home state was peaceful and was in safe hands.

He assured the president that the Bayelsa people support him.

Mr. Dickson praised the president for his transformation agenda saying it was impacting positively on Nigerians.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173996-nigerians-will-praise-me-after-i-leave-office-jonathan.html

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by papoose999(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by enkay2go(f): 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by Johnrake69: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
Touché
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
missing him already.........GOD BLESS U GEJ

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by prospero5(m): 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
K
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hangover comment after much ogogoro.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by ochejoseph(m): 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2015

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
The Western Germini President has Destroyed Nigeria's Economy.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by otokx(m): 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
Self deception

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ebele Jonathan ... The man who could see the future.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by prospero5(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
the president expressed concern over how Nigerians criticise him and his government using the social media
You were very unfortunate that it was in your time that social media was very active. Nigerians whose generation to generation can never produce someone like you took the opportunity to insult you. I love you, sir.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by tunwumi: 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
With the level of rot in 6 year I hail thee

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by meforyou1(m): 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
GEJ is a prophet.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by meforyou1(m): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
otokx:
Self deception
remind me how many yorubas the cattle rearer has appointed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
I'm happy now you see for yourselves. Those days when I talked I was always insulted today we give names like buhari go slow and whatever, make mistakes now and regret later that has always been the way forward for Nigerians
Well you wanted change, here is change. We succeeded in changing from bad to worst.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by Pangea: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
Only a confirmed Stockholm syndrome patient will miss the incompetent idiiot !
I will rather have a dead yar adua performing as a president than that corrupt and pestilential psycho.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by Adminisher: 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
prospero5:

the president expressed concern over how Nigerians criticise him and his government using the social media
You were very unfortunate that it was in your time that social media was very active. Nigerians whose generation to generation can never produce someone like you took the opportunity to insult you. I love you, sir.

Everyday the past fifty something years Nigeria has produced hundreds of babies far far better than Good luck Jonathan. If Good luck is your hero, you are a living insult to yourself and God will deliver you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by Boss13: 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
I'm sorry Sir, I don't miss you one bit. As a matter of fact, I am glad you are not president. You were a disgrace to the Presidency

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by asadike(f): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
i miss u so much my able president.. you re still d best nigeria ever had. All that nigeria have now is one Daura President that can neither read nor write and suffers from alzheimer.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
APC leaders are glory hunters and power drunk individual. A party without king and a group of people arrogating powers to themselves. Appointed and disappointing Nigerians. Military nepotism is back.

Nigerians miss Jonathan.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by johnie: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by Adminisher: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
When you spoil something bad enough you may say that. A good president leaving a good legacy would say something like.. " I have achieved so , so and so for future generations, my successor should carry on from where I stopped". This Jonathan was delivering a curse but God knows bettet.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by Adminisher: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
When you spoil something bad enough you may say that. A good president leaving a good legacy would say something like.. " I have achieved so , so and so for future generations, my successor should carry on from where I stopped". This Jonathan was delivering a curse but God knows better.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by johnie: 5:34pm On May 11, 2016
Now?
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by olafum1(m): 5:52pm On May 11, 2016
Though I am currently vexing with PMB, I'm still not certain GEJ would have done better, if not totally collapse the economy now by their thievery
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by jlinkd78(m): 5:54pm On May 11, 2016
Now we appreciate this Ur wise counsel. A 67% increment (from 86.50 to 145 Naira per litre of PMS) on a day d we are counting down to their anniversary. Only God will pay them back for criticizing u when u made such move.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan by mightyjoe746: 6:46pm On May 11, 2016
Who is miss the ODE(fool), people were just ruling for him. SUGOMU APODA RADARADA.

(1) (Reply)

What Did Buhari Do About Nigeria’s Power Supply That Jonathan Couldn’t? / President Buhari's Latest Aig's Appointments. / Saraki Treatment For Obiano, Fayose And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.