Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far (1230 Views)

This Is The Best Regime So Far / How Will You Rate The Performance Of INEC Under Buhari's Administration? / Rate The Performance Of Saraki, The Senate President So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far by elfaez(m): 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
I'll make no tale of this. I think, from a view not advised by party propaganda or alignment, that so far the APC-Buhari administration has been unable to conjure any better than the PDP-Jonathan regime did. It must also be noted that despite the high hopes many Nigerians had of an overnight turn of fortunes, it is still early days. If the first days and weeks of a four-year rule are as disorganized, uncertain and volcanic ( if I may describe it thus). One may be worried for the rest.

But I think the uncertainty and restlessness can be attributed to two factors.
1: THE APC WHERE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT BEING A STRONG OPPOSITION IN THEIR BID TO TOPPLE THE PDP, THAN ACTUALLY PLANNING A GOVERNMENT. They were consumed by the desire to take over power, and it appears boxers, and Chelsea, are more concerned about winning the title than what to do after it. It is indeed a scary prospect in governance. The PDP had been incumbent for the greater part of Nigeria's democratic history, and toppling them would be a serious challenge. So serious you can easily forget it is easier to win a title than to defend it. The APC and their supporters will not concur, but truth does.

2: THE PDP HAVE BEEN IN POWER FOR SO LONG THEY KNOW WHERE TO HIT THEM, and having left enough mess to deal with for centuries, they have now sat back to harangue and harass the Buhari administration in their bid to turn things around in Four years.

It will not surfice to throw stones and point fingers. Nigeria has problems, and Nigerians need to put sentiments and personal interest aside and try to face the future. But this we can be sure of, the best government we can have will not be from a Mega-party.
I'll pause now, for a few months maybe.
Re: A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far by Ofeakwu(m): 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far by madridguy(m): 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ok
Re: A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far by tundamartin: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ofeakwu:

Your assessment is premature and awful.

As a person, what have you achieved in just one month of June past?

If a thief, cat, dog and fowl shit all over your office, would you attempt to clean it up first or sit down and start as if nothing is amiss?

If you think otherwise, then you are unfit to judge anyone, let alone the prsident or the APC government.

1 Like

Re: A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far by Ofeakwu(m): 8:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
tundamartin:

If a thief, cat, dog and fowl shit all over your office, would you attempt to clean it up first or sit down and start as if nothing is amiss?

If you think otherwise, then you are unfit to judge anyone, let alone the prsident or the APC government.

Hey! Is this write up for me or for op?
Re: A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far by elfaez(m): 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
tundamartin:

I stated clearly in the post all that you have stated, and in the light of the claims of vindication by supporters of the PDP, an assessment may be early, but not premature. Thanks for the 'awful' though. Makes me feel satisfied, just like you seem to be about the current state of the nation.
Re: A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far by Boss13: 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
I think it is too quick to be assessing the performance of the president. There are benchmarks such as the first 100 days, mid term and final years - can we stick to this please. With time we shall know if the president would perform or not
Re: A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far by Goodyshoes(m): 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
In case...

(1) (Reply)

Genocide In Ogoni Land? Pictures Inside / Calling On All Biafrans / Your Opinion: Ministerial Lists, Why Is There No Youth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.