Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva (991 Views)

I Agree With Elrufai That Unequals Should Not Be Treated Equally - Afam4eva / Re: It Is Not Too Late For Igbos To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Afam4eva / Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by omenka(m): 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
Greetings.

As usual, I understand the need to use the "mail mods" option when the need to communicate with the mods arises, but I don't know, it appears whenever one uses that option, the mods fail to receive the messages hence actions are rarely taken on the subject.

There's no gainsaying the politics board isn't what it used to be anymore. It appears to have been bastardised beyond redemption with all manner of useless threads which it is bombarded with every single time one refreshes the page. It has become nothing but a recluse of its former self. It used to be people of opposing camps throwing jabs at each other over one policy or another, deed or another, most times with their gloves taken off, but now a spoiler has been added to the broth.

There is a provision above this board which reads:
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics: Racist, ethnicity-oriented and sectarianist/seccesionist threads will end up here!

Now, one would expect ordinarily, members of this forum, especially those with a bias for politics, would understand where to place some of their threads which seem conform with the provision above, but trust us to flout rules just like every other man on the street- but that is the reason we have mods on the forum- to check the excesses of members.

A cursory glance at the politics board and one would see just how salient topics have been relegated to the backstage because of the number of sectarian/seccesionist threads that are created just about every 5mins. If it isn't about Biafra it is about the North/South West gang up. These threads pile up on the first page pushing more important ones to the next.

Someone once suggested that they teamed up together, abandon Nairaland.com and go create "" since the forum has become "too pro Hausa and Yoruba"!! And in my mind, I was like "God, let it be!" I am sick and tired of these guys spamming the board with useless sectarian, tribal and seccessionist threads.

No one is saying these posters aren't entitled to their opinion as to the fate of the country, but they can still air those opinions without constituting themselves into perpetual nuisance to other members of the forum. There is a special section reserved for such threads, why can't these guys take their gospel there

The mods of this section must try as best they can to enforce this rule, sanitising this board by transferring every such thread to the appropriate "sub-section"- the "Ethnic, Racial, or Sectarian politics" section. I'm not asking for the creation of a new rule, I'm demanding an enforcement of a rule.

It is high time we cleansed this board of this garbage. The trend is stifling important discussions/debates.

Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation.

Cc: Seun, Obinoscopy, Lalasticlala, Ishilove.

By the way, what happened to Maclatunji

7 Likes

Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by simeonii(m): 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
Reading
Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by GabrielSuswam(m): 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
Seconded Lots of APC and PDP kids on this political section throwing unnecessary jabs at each other, when the political class and their kids are having fun in Hilton..

Reporting From The_Bank Night Club Wuse2, Abuja

Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by ShowYourCertificate: 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
Who's the Wailing Wailer now?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by midolian(m): 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
I like this. I hope the mods do something about it..and fast. The politics section has become something else with the kinda annoying and meaningless threads bigots open every now and then.

I remember commenting something abusive on a core Biafran thread opened in the politics section and I was banned. Fine, I know I deserved the ban but then I asked myself "what was the mod thinking when he/she banned me but couldn't move the thread to the right section?"
"Was he or she so much in love with biafra that he/she became partial in carrying out his/her duty?"

4 Likes

Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
Baifra must stand. angry

6 Likes

Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by omenka(m): 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Who's the Wailing Wailer now?
I'm talking about you guys spamming this board with useless and boring ethnic and sectarian threads. There is a provision on the forum for all that garbage- why don't you people take all your stooling practices there??

You guys remain the undisputed WailingWailers- we all know that. Is there any government action you don't WAIL about??

In any case, I've passed my message across. You can slap yourself to coma for all I care. wink

6 Likes

Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by omenka(m): 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
Baifra must stand. angry
No one is saying it shouldn't. What I'm saying is there is a provision for all that "Biafra" campaign on the forum- why don't you people take the campaign there instead of spamming the politics board with such threads? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
omenka:
I'm talking about you guys spamming this board with useless and boring ethnic and sectarian threads. There is a provision on the forum for all that garbage- why don't you people take all your stooling practices there??

You guys remain the undisputed WailingWailers- we all know that. Is there any government action you don't WAIL about??

In any case, I've passed my message across. You can slap yourself to coma for all I care. wink

Your words...

does he have any idea what signal is he sending the regular guy on the streets with such a decision? How do the victims of the violence get closure for the horrific tragedies that they might have witnessed? [b] Some of them hand their wives, sisters, mothers, and daughters raped and killed in their presence!
It is only in Nigeria where you find victims being forgotten whereas the criminal and murderer is embraced, pardoned, and above all, COMPENSATED!!

Government rewards crime handsomely in this part of the world!!
Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by ShowYourCertificate: 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
omenka:

Slap myself to coma? C'mon bro, be nice to a fellow brother grin
Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
[s]
You are not making sense! Otu nne i!
U dis man !
Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by giantstrides(m): 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
Baifra must stand. angry

You lots are just expending your energy on an impossibility. I do not blame you, I blame those who have allowed you too much room for your treasonable comments.

2 Likes

Re: Attention Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva by OAM4J: 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Thanks for the observation.

Its been dully noted.

(1)

Kenyans Come For Italian PM 4 Wearing Bullet Proof Vest To Meet Kenya President / When The Lion Of Bourdillon Storms Villa / As Buhari, Obasanjo Relationship Fall Apart; Former President May Return To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.