Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

How We Have Twisted Written English - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How We Have Twisted Written English (489 Views)

The Urgent Need To Revive Bini Written And Spoken Language. / Fuel Scarcity And My Ordeal With Spiderwoman; Written By A Concerned Nigerian / Test How Far You Can Go In Written Interview. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How We Have Twisted Written English by Fredzy7(m): 11:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
I was reading a thread not long ago and I saw what someone wrote that caught my attention and every thread I read I saw it, it was the way we have intentionally and painstakingly twisted the English language

Why write "yhu" when you can write "you"

Why write kk when you can write OK it is not as if the letter O and the letter K are far from each other (you just checked)

Why say sowie when you can say sorry (talk about doing the wrong thing at all cost since it practically takes about two seconds less to type the right thing)

Why type mtchew to show you don't like something when you could just hiss and keep scrolling down

A lot of people think it makes you look cool and blah.....very cuun wi weell bi tiyping lieke dis

I personally don't do it but it is everywhere

What others have you noticed

http://naijawords.cf/Thread-how-we-have-twisted-written-English
Re: How We Have Twisted Written English by Rivertemz: 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
You should read how common Londoners write on their forums.
What you call "painstakingly twisted" cannot be compared with the common English man.
so Abeg take it easy, it's not that deep undecided
Re: How We Have Twisted Written English by Frederick07: 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
That term did get you to want to see what the thread is about didn't it, exactly the point the op is trying to make grin as he painstakingly twisted the English grammar while talking about painstakingly twisting the English spelling wink oh I love the English language

(1) (Reply)

The Supremacy Of Love For One Another / Adedotun The Ikoro: Pyranting: The Nigerian Labourer / Osogbo Let Unite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.