Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) (25021 Views)

Bbnaija : Akwa Ibom Assembly Speaker 'onofiok' Supports Kemen / Senator Barnabas Gemade Caught Sleeping In The Senate For The 3rd Time (PIX) / Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by BabaO2: 8:58am On Jul 06, 2015
Lagos State Government yesterday appealed to Mr Emeka Benjamin Uche who abandoned his three pairs of twins and their mother, to come out of hiding and face his responsibility.

Deputy Governor Idiat Adebule told The Nation yesterday that the government would rehabilitate the family.

Uche, a Lagos factory worker, 39, fled home when he learnt that his expectant wife was carrying a set of twins – the family’s third.

In 2009 when Mrs Ruth Uche first conceived, she was delivered of two girls – Goodness and Godnews. The second conception, two years later, produced another two – a boy and a girl, named John and Joyce.

The third set of twins arrived last month. They were named Daniel and Daniella.

Mrs Uche, 34 said she could no longer cope with the widening needs for food, clothes, drugs and school fees.

Her meagre earnings as a teacher in a private school in Lagos can no longer meet their needs.

Mrs Uche explained that her husband has since refused to pick her calls. She learnt that he stays in Ikorodu.

“Since I gave birth to the children, I have tried calling my husband but he would not pick once he knows that it is me. I contacted his mother and other relatives to tell them that he has run away. They promised that they will call back. Since then, none of them has called me. It is not easy for me at all.

“I don’t want to leave the children and run away. This is why I want government to help us,” she said.

Dr Adebule enjoined Uche to come out of hiding, saying the children are blessings from God.

“It is even an emotional stress for the mother, an emotional stress to the children and entire family,” she said.

On the plans to assist Mrs Uche, Dr Adebule promised to visit the nursing mother today.

“We have contacted her, I have spoken to her and a delegation from the government has gone to see her; they inquired about the health of the children and the general welfarism. I hope to see her by the grace of God tomorrow (today). Lagos State is working to rehabilitate her and assist the family to fend for themselves.

“We intend to give her monthly allowance to take care of the children. We are imploring him (Mr Uche) to come home to meet his family and take up his responsibility,” she said.

Mrs Adebule enjoined other men in similar situation not to run away, but to seek help.

“They should not run away from their responsibilities; they actually bring these children to this world. They should be responsible for them. Running away is not the solution; they should rather stay, seek for help and be prayerful. They should not add salt to the injury by running away,” she said.

…Lagos speaker lifts family

Lagos State House of Assembly Speaker Mudashiru Obasa has donated food items, beverages and cash to Mrs Ruth Uche whose husband Emeka Benjamin Uche disappeared from home on learning they were expecting their third set of twins.

Describing children as gifts from God, Obasa told Mrs Uche to always give thanks to God in whatever situation she found herself.

Obasa said: “We came to congratulate you on the successful delivery of these beautiful gifts from God and to assure you that you will not suffer in bringing up these children. We must continue to thank God for everything. It was through the mercy of God that you delivered these twins through normal delivery after going through Caesarian routes in your previous deliveries.

“Apart from being the Speaker, I am also your representative in the Assembly as this area falls within the jurisdiction of my constituency so this visit is part of my duty as your representative in the Assembly.”

The speaker urged Mrs Uche and others to always make use of the health facilities provided by the state as they were built for them.

“The state government spent huge sums of money to put in place these facilities and they are free, so make use of them. For people like you (Mrs Uche), there are enough experts and professionals to advise you on family planning and other health issues,” he said.

Mrs Uche thanked the Speaker, saying: “I’m overwhelmed with joy at this visit and I pray to God to always be with you and continue to bless you.”

Also yesterday, former Itire Ikare Local Council Development Area (LCDA) Hakeem Bamgbola hailed Governor Akinwunmi Ambode for directing his deputy, Dr Idiat Adebule, to take over the welfare of Mrs Uche and her children.

Bamgbola said Ambode’s gesture was in fulfilment of the All Progressives Congress (APC) manifestoes.

APC, he said, is out to cater for the welfare of the citizenry irrespective of their ethnic, religious or political affiliations.

“I am particularly happy that Lagos State House of Assembly Speaker Hon Mudashiru Obasa has visited the Mrs Uche and her kids. It is a step in the right direction. That is why Lagos has continued to be the state of example for others to emulate,” he said.

source
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/come-out-of-hiding-lagos-tells-twins-father/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by dayo23(f): 8:59am On Jul 06, 2015
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 06, 2015
More junk journalism + politricking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Isoni(m): 9:12am On Jul 06, 2015
Thiefinbu
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Lordave: 9:17am On Jul 06, 2015
I stopped reading before halfway. But if the story is true, I say God bless them for taking care of the family.

Say no to tribal Bigotry!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by 1after: 9:25am On Jul 06, 2015
quid:
More junk journalism + politricking

Lmaooo. Mr Biafra

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by seedgreen(m): 9:28am On Jul 06, 2015
Following
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by tinuolababy(f): 9:32am On Jul 06, 2015
This woman is fertile o grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Chesman10(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2015
The best news item from Nigeria since inception of this present administration. This has proved that beyond politics, Nigerians are their brothers keepers, irrespective of tribes.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by iykebesbt1(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2015
Barr Emma Nmezu will say "Tinumbu"

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by YoruBanger: 9:38am On Jul 06, 2015
tinuolababy:
This woman is fertile o grin grin

Thanx to those that came forward to support the family. I can understand the man must feel heavily burdened by the development, but he shouldn't have ran off. It's not easy to be a man (as Ebenezer Obey sing say "ko easy lati j'omokurin..." ). It is well for him and his family. Also, he and his wife need to quit having any more kids.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by doublewisdom: 9:51am On Jul 06, 2015
Tinubu's new knee cap transplant was done by an Igbo man for half the price.
One good turn deserves another.

Modified
Why una change the heading. We would have shown everyone which tribe depends on charity to survive.
Nansense!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by giditalk: 10:07am On Jul 06, 2015
[url=giditalk.com/2015/07/have-you-read-gbenro-ajibades-wedding.html] Have you read Gbenro Ajibade's wedding vow to Osas? ( A must read) [/url]
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by tinuolababy(f): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2015
Good
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Georgekyrian(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2015
This woman Don Become celebrity oo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by MKO4ever(m): 10:09am On Jul 06, 2015
That husband though...
..as in badh guy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by shedrack222: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2015
Good

please join the conversation
Who wore it better? Laura Ikeji vs Victoria Egbuchere

[url]proudlyweb.com/who-wore-it-better-laura-ikeji-vs-victoria-egbuchere/[/url]
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2015
The woman actually said she would accept the husband if he comes back.

Family planning,women,family planning!

That's how my aunt got pregnant 7times and had 8children. Family plannin!!!

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by barry40: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2015
[size=18pt]What a succour! Thanks to God and the Lagos State Government.

Are you an entrepreneur? This site will help you. www.businessinfohub.com
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by oyefeel(m): 10:10am On Jul 06, 2015
Na only the woman do am
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 06, 2015
so person name na idiot, sorry, idiat? nawao. the guy should man up and come back home jor.
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by kennyman200(m): 10:11am On Jul 06, 2015
I hope they do something significant for the family and not just going there for photoshot as most of them are known for.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by felifeli: 10:11am On Jul 06, 2015
Create a working Department of Social Security and stop making stupid politics out of people's problems . Ndiara angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 06, 2015
LAZY Igbos
Deal clicked. Now hubby can come back cos aim has been achieved

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Pope22(m): 10:12am On Jul 06, 2015
Look at these lovely kids...their father needs to be flogged and have his brain reformatted.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by buchilino(m): 10:13am On Jul 06, 2015
even though i cant help but 2 laugh, d story is a real irony, while some go 2 d extent of buying babies, babalawos, and even prayer houses, dis guy choose 2 b a man on d run.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by tsdarkside(m): 10:13am On Jul 06, 2015
this is very good news,indeed grin grin....goverment is working again in nigeria grin grin...bye bye jonathan...get lost!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by tuffgongjo(m): 10:14am On Jul 06, 2015
If na me sef I go take flight now.
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 06, 2015
Lol.. My guy had a similar situation but the wife was the one that ran away

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) by Ujupsy: 10:14am On Jul 06, 2015
Lucky woman,hope your husband won't come crawling in like a handicap thief

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘I Never Said Investment In Sabmiller Now Worth $100m’ — Obi Blames ‘One Youth’ / Community Chases INEC Officials In Niger / EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.