Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,121 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot (1325 Views)

Sexy Steel: I Don't Care If People Say I Date Sugar Mummies For A Living / “Van Vicker Never Slept With My Wife” – Dr Kulah Makes A U-turn, Apologises / Ciara & Her Dancers Dance Barefoot In Dolphin-Estate, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by ashantemoore(f): 9:21am On Jul 06, 2015
Meet 13-year-old school girl, who is surnamed Xie, that makes a living by standing on razor-sharp cleavers barefoot.

The teenager from China has amassed fans on the streets as well as the internet by walking on steel blades barefoot. She has followed in her father's footsteps as a street entertainer and now plans tour around the country.

According to Daily Mail, Xie, who comes from Wenzhou in Zhejiang Province, can carry two jugs of water, each weighing 5kg, while performing the stunt. She can even write calligraphy while balancing on a knife's edge. The young performer has been practicing the art of blade walking with her father, Xie Jikui, since she was seven. The pair would often perform in bars and nightclubs.

Jikui himself has been working as a street performer and magician since he was 10. In order to take care of his daughter, he would often take her to work where she would sometimes join him on stage. Inspired by other performers, he decided to learn blade walking with his daughter. It's usually a stunt for men but Jikui thought that this would make his daughter stand out from the crowd. Xie now travels alone to many of her performances.

'When I started practicing, I was very scared and was injured a couple of times,' said Xie.

Jikui expressed that although it's a dangerous art, his daughter had an interest in learning the skill. It's a lucrative business as a single performance can bring in anywhere between 300 to 800 Yuan (£30 to £80). As a result, Xiao Xie's father hoped that she would drop out of school to concentrate on performing. Xie, however, has more liberal ideas about education herself.

She said: 'Technology is so advanced now, if you want to learn, you can even teach yourself with videos.'

She hopes to finish secondary education, however, but has no long term plans.

http://enquizzle..com/2015/07/odd-meet-teenager-that-makes-living.html

Re: Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 06, 2015
Grt innovation
Re: Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by SuperSuave(m): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2015
chai! I knew it would be someone from Asia on seeing the topic +
Re: Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by maryam6(f): 9:26am On Jul 06, 2015
shocked shocked If u are nt a magician, do nt try it o.
Re: Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by ekim004(m): 9:33am On Jul 06, 2015
i dey come make i go try am
Re: Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by hatux: 11:07am On Jul 06, 2015
I thought I was gonna see a nigerian... Mt chew undecided
Re: Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by lumzykay(f): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2015
Issoriat
Re: Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by kamair237(m): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2015
werty Concern me.... Na her own hussle dat...
Re: Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by Houseofglam7(f): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
WARNING: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!!
Re: Meet The Teenager That Makes A Living Standing On Razor-sharp Blades Barefoot by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
If it's not magic,how else can she do that

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Flaunts Her Figure In Nude Dress / Playboy's First Transgender Model Warns Caitlyn Jenner About 'rushing' Her Trans / Basket Mouth Shares His Throwback Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.