Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

TOP SCAM COUNTRIES You Won't Believe What Google Gave Me. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / TOP SCAM COUNTRIES You Won't Believe What Google Gave Me. (21238 Views)

He Only Gave Me N1000 - Disabled Lady Says Over Viral Photo With Helper / Lagos Security Man Picks Lost Wallet With Cash & 8 ATM Cards, Gave It Owner / Picture: Amazing People That Exist That You Won't Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TOP SCAM COUNTRIES You Won't Believe What Google Gave Me. by STEVENcrack(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
TOP SCAM COUNTRIES
While scams are happening all over the world, especially when it comes to online fraud, some of the top scam countries include Nigeria, Malaysia, South Africa, China and Russia. Victims have been overwhelmingly citizens of the US and the UK, but there have been other victims from several other places such as the UAE, Canada, India and more.

In fact, in 2012 the Internet Crime Complaint Center recorded nearly 300,000 complaints, and that of course is just the scam that was reported, as many people are either too embarrassed to admit to being fooled by some Nigerian email scams or don’t even understand fully what happened to them and so may never tell a soul about the Malaysia scams or South Africa scams that took their hard earned money.

Besides hundreds of thousands of people falling victim to fraud in the top scam countries, billions of dollars have also been lost by both individuals and companies worldwide.

Common Internet Scam
When it comes to listing the most common Internet fraud in the top scam countries, the list includes Nigerian scams in email or fake letters, fake car sales, fake romance, next of kin scams, 419 scams, escrow and courier scams, phishing scams, scare ware and ransom ware, and forms of extortion or hit man type of scam.

These are issues where people must physically act to get involved in the fraud and are not usually something that could have been prevented with antivirus software protection. They can happen while a victim is enjoying a vacation, such as in the case of South Africa scams, or just by accidently clicking onto the wrong URL or innocently answering a chat from an online dating contact.

Just where and what should people look for when dealing with the top scam countries? Here are some of the common fraudulent activities reported in the past few years:
Re: TOP SCAM COUNTRIES You Won't Believe What Google Gave Me. by STEVENcrack(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
3G and 4G guyz I bow
Re: TOP SCAM COUNTRIES You Won't Believe What Google Gave Me. by dayjee: 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
Internet scam is growing everyday...and Nigerians are at the top of the list infact Nigerians are scamming their fellow countrymen day by day and they blame it on unemployment...........I just SMH for them......... sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Fights Fuel Attendant At Oando Filling Station Over N30 Change (photo) / Download Video: Alani Pamolekun 2 | Latest 2015 Yoruba Movie (teaser) / 10 Yabs We yabbed Ourselves When We Were Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.