Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom (18213 Views)

Dialogue: Ijaw Elders Reject Clark’s Team / Ondo Farmers Reject Proposed Grazing Routes For Fulani Herdsmen / Rivers Elders Reject Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by nunzk: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
Bros delta near anambra abeg leave dem n d potential nuclear misshap abeg.
destinysaid:
so nuclear power which could help our epileptic power supply is not good or what?? if they arnt ready let d govt bring it to delta state jor. Good thing dem dey reject. These questions are asked bearing in mid that the International Atomic Energy Agency had warned that Nigerian does not possess the right competences to handle nuclear issues. Technical impact assessment at the international level also indicated that nuclear plant is not suitable for Nigeria for now; for obvious reasons,” they asked. insult of the century, but sadly true embarassed
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by lomprico(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
What happened to all the vast empty land space in most northern states? Buhari's plans against the SS will fail.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Daykoozy(m): 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
As expected, there will be protest in the Kogi and Akwa . Any one who understands Nigeria will be suicidal to invite a nuclear plant to his or her neighborhood.
Russia and Nigeria planning a nuclear in one's backyard is a remedy for disaster.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2015

“This is a country not known for taking environmental impact assessment seriously;
the slightest false-step in the nuclear project would result in monumental disaster. We do not want that disaster here in our state. It is one of the strongest reasons why the opposition to the location f the plant in our state is emphatic and would remain decisive

This is just the problem.

1 Like

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Idrismusty97(m): 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
abdulwastecx:

idrismusty you talk and reason like my friend from katsina.... you always on point
smiley
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by legaxi(m): 7:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
1bunne4lif:
So the government should put the lives of thousands of people on the line just because they want to upgrade. You're doomed
See what decades of underdevelopment have caused, my guy i no blame you abeg.
I blame our leaders who made vibrant youth like you to settle for less and reason with their BOLLS
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by victorD3: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
same2u:

Russia want to partner with Nigeria to build two nuclear plant.

One in kogi state, and another in akwa ibom

Good and why was kogi and Akwa-Ibom states choosen? Theremmust be a reason either dumb or smart one.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by xtremrules(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
freedom96:
Elders be like na nuclear bomb this aboki president wan bring here abi?We reject in holy ghost fire name cheesy

I typed abok.i u con change am to northerner...wetin dey do una?
I observed that feature / issue in nairaland changing words when the feel it's offensive or too strong a word.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
legaxi:

See what decades of underdevelopment have caused, my guy i no blame you abeg.
I blame our leaders who made vibrant youth like you to settle for less and reason with their BOLLS
I don't blame you also, i blame your parents for not teaching you about the sanctity of human life. You should quickly leave nigeria to places that have changed with the changing environment. ALL IN THE NAME OF DEVELOPMENT you put human life at stake. If they all die from the nuclear reactions who will then use the facility?

1 Like

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2015
victorD3:

Good and why was kogi and Akwa-Ibom states choosen? Theremmust be a reason either dumb or smart one.

I guess to balance up btw north and south.

We have transmission station in south west.

Generating station in up north...

Just my humble submission
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by tochstorm(m): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Where do you have the facilities to handle nuclear activities, stopping ordinary fire in self con apartment is hard for Nigeria its nuclear issues you want to handle.

its no use educating d guy u quoted.
atleast i don't think he has ever held a chemistry/ physics txt book in his life.

1 Like

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
south west protesting Gbajabiamila not bn made majority leader.
noted!
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by victorD3: 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
same2u:

I guess to balance up btw north and south.

We have transmission station in south west.

Generating station in up north...

Just my humble submission

Akwa-Ibom state has at ikot Abasi an independent power plant that could supply the State and still serve the national grid. I know this and the Elders made the same claims too.

Try very hard to convince me please

1 Like

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by tochstorm(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
bakjal:
Every Tom, D1ck and Harry thinks they can decide, agree or Not, on government policies of our dear nation.
the elders are not tom d!ck and harry maybe your state needs one and maybe you need jesus.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by legaxi(m): 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
1bunne4lif:
I don't blame you also, i blame your parents for not teaching you about the sanctity of human life. You should quickly leave nigeria to places that have changed with the changing environment. ALL IN THE NAME OF DEVELOPMENT you put human life at stake. If they all die from the nuclear reactions who will then use the facility?
Guy i give up, it's clear that you are lost and don't know the value of parents. For your mind na only people with parents know about the sanctity of human life , Ghoss this's the quality of dudes who think with their BOLLS
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by pimplucious: 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
FG is trying to put in place a deliberate and systematic art of genocidal proportion against the people of Akwa Ibom. Nigeria and Nigerians should voice out against this move
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
victorD3:

Akwa-Ibom state has at ikot Abasi an independent power plant that could supply the State and still serve the national grid. I know this and the Elders made the same claims too.

Try very hard to convince me please

I no bi FG na, why should I convince you.

From my mention.. I said my humble submission
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
legaxi:

Guy i give up, it's clear that you are lost and don't know the value of parents. For your mind na only people with parents know about the sanctity of human life , Ghoss this's the quality of dudes who think with their BOLLS
The human existence cannot be compromised not for a nuclear power plant. Think again

2 Likes

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by NDPVF(m): 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
[s]
Lildreezy:
lol mbokites dey fear extinction...

its a 50-50 scenario. The benefits of citing this plant in aks are numerous as the place will be opened up for serious commercial activities, and it will save Nigeria a lot of money wasted on gas driven plants. The water from qua iboe can be very useful for the plant especially when disatsers occur, but mehn... if the thing pass be careful, we are talking about the wiping away of some tribes o.

as for me, make aks dey manage the keke dem dey drive o, no go give them escalade wey go take them on auto cruise to hell........mbok.

on a lighter note, the government should go on with it, my first bingo was kidnapped by an aks meat seller, though he denied but I know how the ear of my dog and its neck collar looked like. Let there be peace for dogs in this country..
angry[b]
[/s]Coconut head.

2 Likes

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by lordus01(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
Akwa ibom elders dey smart,most foolish people r saying wat d don't know.I wish u guyz know d dangers associated with nuclear plant.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by IGBOSON1: 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
They should take it to Daura...i'm sure they've got plenty of space there!

When it comes to something toxic like siting a nuclear power plant or incarcerating mean bloodthirsty terrorists they will remember SE/SS; but if it's something 'safe' and sexy like a Steel Plant, a Steel Rolling Mill or a Refinery, then they'll greedily elbow SE/SS out of the way and grab it for themselves.....even if their region/state is not the best location to site it!

Nonsense!
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Obascoetubi: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
same2u:

Russia want to partner with Nigeria to build two nuclear plant.
One in kogi state, and another in akwa ibom
wat is the different between our nepa & nuclear plant?
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Okijajuju1(m): 9:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nigeria needs a Nuclear Power plant to be able to reduce its current energy crisis by atleast 60%.

Saying Nigeria isn't ready nor capable of dealing with the fall out of a Nuclear energy crisis is laughable at best. If we could contain, isolate and totally eliminate the Ebola crisis that hit us, then evacuating people for a specific radius in the event of a nuclear leak is nothing for us as that is the very first step in a nuclear disaster before containment.

The only issue I can see would pose a challenge is disposing of the nuclear waste which I believe the government can work with the IAEA to come up with a suitable method of disposal. However, the advantages can never be understated. Firstly, our energy demand would be met by more than 50% from just one big reactor. The economic effect would be epic. Businesses like Hotels, banks and factories would cut their expenditure on energy a great deal. This would also reduce our reliance on generators and put more money in the pockets of Nigerians by reducing the amount of money they spend on fuel. The Jobs it would create both directly and indirectly would be tremendous and generally, we would all be better off.

I am in great support of Nigeria owning a nuclear power plant for reasons stated above including the fact that we are not in a natural disaster prone region so things like earth quakes and tsunamis which have both caused the Fukushima dam meltdown and the surge that caused Chernobyl incident which has been fixed in newer plants are both not issues for us. Most major nations incluspding South Africa have multiple Nuclear Power plants so I don't see why we shouldn't.

My only class is that it shouldn't be built nor run by the government, it should simply be regulated by them.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by pallyking(m): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
Enemies of progress! When countries like Pakistan and India ventured into Nuclear energy they were far behind compared to Nigeria's current status.

As for IAEA, they are always against progress of third world countries unless if it suits their interests and those of its masters.

If Zambia can run nuclear plant, why not Nigeria?

If Bangladesh can go nuclear, nothing must hamper Nigeria.

The advantages, including technological and scientific break-through are too important to allow some misguided old men hinder the country.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by destinysaid(m): 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
Kingsasian:
Am sorry to say this, its obvious that you are ignorant of the catastrophic effect of nuclear energy if mishandled. Nigeria can and is not competent enough to venture into it.
no need for the insult bro, my last sentence shows I agree with what was said, don't just jump to conclusion.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by dododawa1: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
It should be sited at NORTH, because d hausa don't fear death .

2 Likes

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
My dear state has done a great deal by rejecting that proposal. At least, we have people who are scientifically learned to know the implications of siting a nuclear plant in a state. Those who read atomic energy, radioactivity, nuclear radiation etc should better know whenever the word "nuclear" is mentioned. Pls, we dont want such now. Nigeria as a whole doesnt comply with the set environmental/occupational risks, how then can such a deadly adventure be sited in a state where negligence of duty is at the prime? Let them take it to the north since everything now is about the north. Boko haram...the north; presidency...the north; political appointments...the north, senate speaker/speaker of rep,...the north, etc. Let everything for now just keep going that side. Not enjoying all those ones and now bring nuclear power plant to Akwa Ibom. We dont want it.

1 Like

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by mildflame: 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
pallyking:
Enemies of progress! When countries like Pakistan and India ventured into Nuclear energy they were far behind compared to Nigeria's current status.

As for IAEA, they are always against progress of third world countries unless if it suits their interests and those of its masters.

If Zambia can run nuclear plant, why not Nigeria?

If Bangladesh can go nuclear, nothing must hamper Nigeria.

The advantages, including technological and scientific break-through are too important to allow some misguided old men hinder the country.

kindly invite to them to ur village

2 Likes

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
Lildreezy:
lol mbokites dey fear extinction...

its a 50-50 scenario. The benefits of citing this plant in aks are numerous as the place will be opened up for serious commercial activities, and it will save Nigeria a lot of money wasted on gas driven plants. The water from qua iboe can be very useful for the plant especially when disatsers occur, but mehn... if the thing pass be careful, we are talking about the wiping away of some tribes o.

as for me, make aks dey manage the keke dem dey drive o, no go give them escalade wey go take them on auto cruise to hell........mbok.

on a lighter note, the government should go on with it, my first bingo was kidnapped by an aks meat seller, though he denied but I know how the ear of my dog and its neck collar looked like. Let there be peace for dogs in this country..
angry[b]

Hahahahahahaha

You're very funny. I just keep laughing reading thru your post. Is it my dear state you talked to like that? Mind yourself o.

1 Like

Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by bolabolakemi(f): 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
Kudos cool
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Aspireahead(m): 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Idrismusty97:
If you reject the plants in your zone you should as well reject the megawatts.
just like u reject alcohol but accept VAT payments from it.
Re: Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
Idrismusty97:
All the Nuclear powerplants and Juicy projects should be moved up North jor...Our industries are failing because of electricity issue and we can also sell some of the excess power to neighboring countries. The proposed nuclear power plant would have benefited the South but they are rejecting it. Mark my words, It would be moved up North and they would be no record of incidence. At least nobody should cry "Marginalization" when the North enjoys all the "Power" a few years to come. Only Northeners should be trained to handle the Nuclear powerplants.

No wahala bro. We wish you guys well. Let the nuclear plant be in the north. After all, you guys have been enjoying boko haram all these years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Ajimobi Receives Hero's Cheers From Excited Oyo Citizens..see Photos / Gun Men Blow Up AGIP Pipe-line In Rivers / House Of Representatives Passes 2017 Budget Of N7.44 Trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.