Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

i - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / i (1299 Views)

Christianity: Misunderstood By Many / It Is The Bestselling Book Ever Written. Some Of / The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

i by Kalatium(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
O

1 Like

Re: i by ModiKen(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
If only d bible had been written in my language all these self interpretation and confusion wld hv been averted. grin
Re: i by Scholar8200(m): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Any diligent student will spot these errors. Problem is people get enamoured by the man that they excuse his message and its contradictions even though it stares them in the face.

2 Likes

Re: i by menesheh(m): 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
Scholar8200:
Any diligent student will spot these errors. Problem is people get enamoured by the man that they excuse his message and its contradictions even though it stares them in the face.

Spotting the errors inside the bible or other external interpretations?
Re: i by witnezHD(m): 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
the funny part now is the they add new chapters every year
Re: i by Scholar8200(m): 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
menesheh:

Spotting the errors inside the bible or other external interpretations?
Errors in interpretation.
Re: i by Scholar8200(m): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
witnezHD:
the funny part now is the they add new chapters every year
Interesting! Can you specify at least five of such?
Re: i by menesheh(m): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
Scholar8200:
Errors in interpretation.

The bible is such an understandable book ever written where every person can interprete his mind and still control a large population of followers.

How i wish science books can be like that where a physicist in japan will interprete the laws of gravity his own way; a fool in German can also interpret the spherical shape of the earth as rectangular ; a known biologist will assert that human kidney repels water.

as a science student, will you attend such lectures again?

2 Likes

Re: i by Kalatium(m): 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
it can be possible because there are international organizations that agree in science on how to understand things such as the IUPAC.I think we should do that also to the Bible.

What about United bible society
Re: i by johnydon22(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
The problem with religious books mostly the bible is that nobody wants to agree it means exactly what it says, everyone seem to be convinced that it says what they interpret it to mean. . . that is why you will get 1k interpretations of one verse but when you look at the verse it says exactly the opposite of what they interpret.

Like when someone is faced with the implausibility of a donkey talking the next thing you will hear is "Its a metaphor" which somehow is always funny.

That is why Christianity boast of the highest number of distinct sects out of other religions 41,000 different sects is no joke all curled out from the interpretation of one book

3 Likes

Re: i by Kalatium(m): 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
1.Some Christians believe in tithing due to malachi 3.others disagree claiming it does not apply to us
2.Some denominations bring up different doctrines that to them is right but to others is heresy. Example disbelieving in trinity is a heresy among evangelicals
Re: i by Kalatium(m): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2016
But do dis different doctrines matter
Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2016
Kalatium:
But do dis different doctrines mater

No, it is not..the bible is an oracle, if a "Babalawo" in ibadan throws his cowries down..if i bring 50 different babalawo from different part of nigeria i willl get 50 different interpretation of the message God is passing..That is why they answer you in parables..it is this parables that the jews wrote down and today we have a blble..that is why i think it is useless to us because it does not reflect our own tradition..me as an ibo from Delta state will struggle to understand yoruba parables, becsuse i dont know their symbolism, numerology and iconography..we dont know
the jewish ones either thats why we interpret it literally..like for example it is notted that Solomon has 700 wives and 300 concubines..in all my time in church i hsve not

1 Like

Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2016
Cotd..
i have not seen that passage read or preached..this is because we. dont know how to..but a 14 year old knows what it means..the number 700 and 300 are significant..and the wives and concubine symbolises something..if you dont know, then the story will not mske any sense to you..
Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2016
God is not a man, so the only way to communicate with it is an oracle..prayer is a waste of time..your just talking to yourself..
Re: i by RabbaRabbi: 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
sonmvayina:
God is not a man, so the only way to communicate with it is an oracle..prayer is a waste of time..your just talking to yourself..

[size=50pt]AND HOW IS PRAYER A WASTE OF TIME? undecided

CAN YOU EXPLAIN?[/size]
Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

[size=50pt]AND HOW IS PRAYER A WASTE OF TIME? undecided

CAN YOU EXPLAIN?[/size]

like i said, God is not a man...so you cant communicate with it the way you communicate with your Dad, mum...friends etc..because they can hear you and give you a response..But God is not human being so trying to talk to it as if it is a human is useless..the place in the bible where you see something like " the lord said",..it is the diviner/babalawo tatalking...whatever he says is the word of God..
Re: i by RabbaRabbi: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
sonmvayina:

like i said, God is not a man...so you cant communicate with it the way you communicate with your Dad, mum...friends etc..because they can hear you and give you a response..But God is not human being so trying to talk to it as if it is a human is useless..the place in the bible where you see something like " the lord said",..it is the diviner/babalawo tatalking...whatever he says is the word of God..

[size=50pt]SO, WITHOUT CONSULTING A PROPHET/BABALAWO, YOU CAN'T TALK TO GOD? undecided[/size]
Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

[size=50pt]SO, WITHOUT CONSULTING A PROPHET/BABALAWO, YOU CAN'T TALK TO GOD? undecided[/size]

That is exactly what am saying. The word 'talking' is missleading. Consult is more appropriate...God has got no ear to hear...or brain to distinguish between good and evil. He does both as both mean the same to it..it is us that has to tell it the one we want.if we want the death of our enemy, it will do just that for us but we must perform the necessary sscrifice..if it wants goat or cow.you have to provide that...
or you can do what i do...use my common common sense..if i want money for food i work and earn money. if i am hungry i eat , manna dont fall from heaven. if i wan blow kpekus i fone my girl friend......i no dey force her, if she gree i do if she no gree i go brothel.....
Re: i by RabbaRabbi: 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
sonmvayina:

That is exactly what am saying. The word 'talking' is missleading. Consult is more appropriate...God has got no ear to hear...or brain to distinguish between good and evil. He does both as both mean the same to it..it is us that has to tell it the one we want.if we want the death of our enemy, it will do just that for us but we must perform the necessary sscrifice..if it wants goat or cow.you have to provide that...
or you can do what i do...use my common common sense..if i want money for food i work and earn money. if i am hungry i eat , manna dont fall from heaven. if i wan blow kpekus i fone my girl friend......i no dey force her, if she gree i do if she no gree i go brothel.....

[size=50pt]CAN YOU JUST HEAR YOURSELF? undecided

SO YOU'RE NOW COMPARING AND CONTRASTING MAN AND GOD ABI?

GOD IS OMNISCIENCE AND OMNI PRESENT... UNLIKE MAN.

SO DUDE RE-REASONING BEFORE POSTING SOME STUFF YOU ARE NOT TOO SURE OF.

FIRST OF ALL... DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD? (Jehovah)[/size]
Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

GOD IS OMNISCIENCE AND OMNI PRESENT... UNLIKE MAN.

Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

GOD IS OMNISCIENCE AND OMNI PRESENT...

UNLIKE MAN.

Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
No worries...meat for adults..milk for babies..
Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
For your information, the name of the God the jews worship is Marduk. never jehova..that is a 16 century invention..Marduk choose the jews as his people. they are reverence it alone..even when they worshiped other God it forgives them..Isreal was his choosen inheritance..It was always protecting them, some of them did not even know what it was..it was also the God cyrus also worshiped (Isaih 45:1-10). This God asked cyrus to go and bring them to babylon so they can know what it is and what it is not..it was after their sorjoin in Babylon they started writting their Tanaka..which is our old testament..it promised to send them a messaih that will deliver them from their neigbour who were constantly making. war with them because they where its chosen people..the messaih will make peace with their neigbour and this peace will spread round the world and also build the third temple and restore the daily sacrifice to this God...this mortal man from the seed of David not a demi god..will do this outright..no second coming arrangement.He will bring back the complete knowledge of God..nothing like faith, faith is a roman idea...( you remember the quote: my people perish for lack of knowledge)..
Re: i by Kalatium(m): 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
sonmvayina:
For your information, the name of the God the jews worship is Marduk. never jehova..that is a 16 century invention..Marduk choose the jews as his people. they are reverence it alone..even when they worshiped other God it forgives them..Isreal was his choosen inheritance..It was always protecting them, some of them did not even know what it was..it was also the God cyrus also worshiped (Isaih 45:1-10). This God asked cyrus to go and bring them to babylon so they can know what it is and what it is not..it was after their sorjoin in Babylon they started writting their Tanaka..which is our old testament..it promised to send them a messaih that will deliver them from their neigbour who were constantly making. war with them because they where its chosen people..the messaih will make peace with their neigbour and this peace will spread round the world and also build the third temple and restore the daily sacrifice to this God...this mortal man from the seed of David not a demi god..will do this outright..no second coming arrangement.He will bring back the complete knowledge of God..nothing like faith, faith is a roman idea...( you remember the quote: my people perish for lack of knowledge)..
What has this with the topic
Re: i by sonmvayina(m): 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2016
Kalatium:

What has this with the topic

i am only making a dinstintion between what the jews believe and what the romans believed( christain) .there are 2 different. different religion and ideology..that is where the confussion is...
Re: i by Kalatium(m): 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2016
sonmvayina:

i am only making a dinstintion between what the jews believe and what the romans believed( christain) .there are 2 different. different religion and ideology..that is where the confussion is...
It still has nothing to do with the topic
Re: i by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 13, 2016
Who said there isn't one, since the apostles?
It's a free world, nobody forces anyone to become or remain a Christian but rebellion started at some point and gave birth to the multitude of intepretations present today.
Kalatium:
it can be possible because there are international organizations that agree in science on how to understand things such as the IUPAC.I think we should do that also to the Bible.

What about United bible society
Re: i by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 13, 2016
Oh it's now 41000? Okpari o! grin grin
johnydon22:
The problem with religious books mostly the bible is that nobody wants to agree it means exactly what it says, everyone seem to be convinced that it says what they interpret it to mean. . . that is why you will get 1k interpretations of one verse but when you look at the verse it says exactly the opposite of what they interpret.

Like when someone is faced with the implausibility of a donkey talking the next thing you will hear is "Its a metaphor" which somehow is always funny.

That is why Christianity boast of the highest number of distinct sects out of other religions 41,000 different sects is no joke all curled out from the interpretation of one book
Re: i by Kalatium(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
I wish we will one day agree to interpret the Bible in unity and have same doctrines, Christianity is the most divided religion on earth.

(1) (Reply)

7 Leading Advocates Of Atheism Who Abandoned Atheism. / Christians Are Dangerous. Testimonies That Should Be Disturbing Celebrated / My Top 10 Quotes About Christianity!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.