Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi (1830 Views)

She Killed Herself For Him / Suicide Letter Of The 25 Years Old Indian Actress That Killed Herself For A Man / See How This Girl Nearly Killed Herself Because Of Tattoo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by StFunmi(f): 6:58pm On Mar 05, 2009
16-yr-old commits suicide over lover
By Adebayo Waheed
Thursday, March 5, 2009
A 16-year-old senior secondary school student, Miss Oluwakemi Oyadiran, has committed suicide after taking a substance suspected to be poison in Saki, Oyo State.

The girl was said to have poisoned herself because her mother did not consent to her relationship with her boyfriend.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ms. Olabisi Okuwobi, who confirmed the incident on Wednesday, said the girl took insecticide and was rushed to the hospital when she was gasping for breath.

She said her remains had been deposited at Baptist Hospital mortuary, Saki

In her suicide note dated February 13, 2009, which was addressed to her sister, Adewumi, she wrote “I killed myself because of my mother who always beat me everyday because of my boyfriend, Afolabi.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/5/603.html
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by yme1(f): 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
chai, i pity the mama o,
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by StFunmi(f): 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2009
Why pity her?. She should've allowed her to be with Afolabi. Girls of today no dey joke with love.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by DaPhoenix(f): 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2009
I bet Afolabi wouldn't do the same for her.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by StFunmi(f): 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2009
I bet Afolabi wouldn't do the same for her.
It's called moving on. cheesy cheesy
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by Ifedisky(m): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2009
Titanic version 2: Home edition
If you smile, I'll smile
If you cry, I'll cry
But, if you jump out of the window (read-commit suicide)
I will LOOK, SHAKE MY HEAD AND THANK GOD IT WASN'T ME.
Adiu lovergirl. Iyabo will be happy now she doesn't have COMPETITION
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by webprince(m): 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2009
naughty girl! who loose now?
maybe Afolabi was not even all dat in2 her! Killing herself over nothing!
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by patwhizkid(f): 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2009
Gawd 4bid!
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by StFunmi(f): 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2009
naughty girl! who loose now?
maybe Afolabi was not even all dat in2 her! Killing herself over nothing!
Love is blind.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by MrCrackles(m): 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2009
Chei i go love ooo! shocked
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by CrazyMan(m): 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2009
Poor girl; if only she knew the hazards involved in relationships she wouldn't have wasted her life.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by StFunmi(f): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2009
She could be depressed and needed medical attention but nobody cared. If the father was at home and not busy chasing women around, this wouldn't have happened.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by Pataki: 10:47pm On Mar 05, 2009
This yeye girl is back at it. Paint a leopard in white, still it is a leopard. Who do daughters relate more with, when it comes to discussing their emotional lives? It is their mother. But Shit Funmi would rather allow her idiocy to take over. embarassed
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by CrazyMan(m): 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2009
What if that Afolabi had other girlfriends, what if he was only interested in tasting her forbidden fruit, what if she meant nothing to him? It's hard to say this, but I think that poor child died for nothing.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by StFunmi(f): 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2009
This yeye girl is back at it. Paint a leopard in white, still it is a leopard. Who do daughters relate more with, when it comes to discussing their emotional lives? It is their mother. But Shit Funmi would rather allow her idiocy to take over.
Fathers should absolve themselves with whatever is happening in their daughters lives abi?
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by Pataki: 11:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
St.Funmi:

Fathers should absolve themselves with whatever is happening in their daughters lives abi?
The story never made mention of the father. It was only the mother and her sister that were mentioned in that report. Possibly it might be that the father is dead or there was never any dad right from her conception. Try to reason sensibly next time.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by tangent(f): 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
she killed herself for a man. how sad? cry
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by Moyola(f): 11:05pm On Mar 05, 2009
OMD!! shocked kill yursef juz bkuz of 1 yeye bhoi!
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by Moyola(f): 11:06pm On Mar 05, 2009
n itz not lyk d bhoi we follow hur o!

Her loss! cool
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by tangent(f): 11:08pm On Mar 05, 2009
Moyola:

OMD!! shocked kill yursef juz bkuz of 1 yeye bhoi!

it is possible my friend. passion was too strong and she couldn't bear losing afolabi.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by Moyola(f): 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2009
tangent:

it is possible my friend. passion was too strong and she couldn't bear losing afolabi.
Strong passion ori ibu wo niyen! undecided

Afolabi didn't cast a spell on her nau. . . .m sure her eyes go don open wherever she iz! o mase o! embarassed
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by tangent(f): 11:21pm On Mar 05, 2009
Moyola:

Strong passion ori ibu wo niyen! undecided

Afolabi didn't cast a spell on her nau. . . .m sure her eyes go don open wherever she iz! o mase o! embarassed

afolabi might join her later but @ 16? what was she thinking?
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by DaPhoenix(f): 11:24pm On Mar 05, 2009
tangent:

Well, Afolabi is probably now dating her best friend. So much for the oh too strong passion. Bless her soul, but that wasn't the wisest decision. Her mother was probably just tripping because she felt like her daughter was too young to be "in love" and darn, was she right.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by StFunmi(f): 11:26pm On Mar 05, 2009
The story never made mention of the father. It was only the mother and her sister that were mentioned in that report. Possibly it might be that the father is dead or there was never any dad right from her conception. Try to reason sensibly next time.
How convinient! undecided

Why not include the possibility that her father is an irresponsible manliness head?
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by tangent(f): 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2009
DaPhoenix:

Well, Afolabi is probably now dating her best friend. So much for the oh too strong passion. Bless her soul, but that wasn't the wisest decision. Her mother was probably just tripping because she felt like her daughter was too young to be "in love" and darn, was she right.

how sure are you? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by StFunmi(f): 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2009
Well, Afolabi is probably now dating her best friend.
What should you expect from the village champion. I bet you he'll not sacrifice at least one year to mourn her before hopping around from booty to booty. Women don suffer.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by DaPhoenix(f): 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2009
tangent:

how sure are you? undecided undecided undecided undecided

key word - probably  smiley

St.Funmi:

What should you expect from the village champion. I bet you he'll not sacrifice at least one year to mourn her before hopping around from booty to booty. Women don suffer.

Mourn who?? According to him, they were just classmates lol.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2009
@topic
What a waste sad
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by tangent(f): 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2009
DaPhoenix:

key word - probably  smiley

it's not afolabi's fault. how old is afolabi? if he is a teen then this incident won't weigh him down. you women are harsh sha.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by StFunmi(f): 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2009
Mourn who?? According to him, they were just classmates lol.
They were obviously more than classmates.
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by tangent(f): 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2009
ibkaye:

@topic
What a waste sad

roflmao cheesy
Re: She Killed Herself B/c Of Afolabi by CrazyMan(m): 12:13am On Mar 06, 2009
I don't think its a waste. If feel its more like a lesson for intending young girls. So they can learn from this sad story and stay focused on their education.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Tell Me What I Should Do. / Marriage Anniversary Vs Dating Anniversary. / Hi Girl,can U Wash Ur Husbands Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.