Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,689 members, 7,801,984 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Catholics Pray Through Mary (30136 Views)

Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Why Catholics And Protestants Cant Unite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 9:54am On Jul 14, 2015
Syncan:

Artful dodger, the berean Jews as stated in your post.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 9:56am On Jul 14, 2015
Syncan, I hope you can merge the three posts directly above to get a clue of what I have been saying.. I needed to get you back to your ascertions before further discussions b/c you inferred me wrongly.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
Syncan, I hope you can merge the three posts directly above to get a clue of what I have been saying.. I needed to get you back to your ascertions before further discussions b/c you inferred me wrongly.

Oga, your allegation that I accused you of something, was based on my first post. That's where your questions started. Every other subsequent post was in response to your questions. Now I have asked you to show me where i made that accusation, which you've taken a whole lot of space to cry about in order to avoid answering the question inherent there. You are here still posting my quotes and asking me to merge them. SMH Probably you've been doing your consultations on my question, when you're ready let me know.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

What mattered to the Bereans was to see from the scriptures, whether OT or NT, if what Paul taught them were true. This is how christians ought to check the scriptures to see if what they are taught in church are true or not.

Barnabaseloka:

Go ahead! Point out in my posts where I talked about the Bereans and circumcision as you stated that I did. Then the discussion will continue.

Barnabaseloka:

I know that Bereans christians are gentiles and so Paul must have taught them that there was no need for them to be circumcised.

And this was my question: "When Paul told them there was no need for circumcision, which part of scripture did they check to confirm?"
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:58am On Jul 14, 2015
Syncan:

And this was my question: "When Paul told them there was no need for circumcision, which part of scripture did they check to confirm?"

The issue here is not about your question. It is your inability to admit that you inferred me wrongly. Instead of doing so, you have gone ahead to lay hold on one of my posts which came after your question, in order to exonerate yourself.
Syncan, was it before or after I wrote the last post you quoted that you asked the question above? Did I ever connect Bereans to circumcision before you asked the question above? Yet you turned around and claimed that I wrote something on this before you questioned me.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

I know that Bereans christians are gentiles and so Paul must have taught them that there was no need for them to be circumcised.
Bro. did I write this post before or after you talked about Bereans and circumcision? Were you not the one that made the first statement concerning this, but alleged I said so? Was it not when I tried to make you see your wrong inference that I wrote the statements above?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

The issue here is not about your question. It is your inability to admit that you inferred me wrongly. Instead of doing so, you have gone ahead to lay hold on one of my posts which came after your question, in order to exonerate yourself.
Syncan, was it before or after I wrote the last post you quoted that you asked the question above? Did I ever connect Bereans to circumcision before you asked the question above? Yet you turned around and claimed that I wrote something on this before you questioned me.

Please point out in that post where I mentioned that you said anything about Bereans and circumcision? My question was based on what you and I know, that part of Paul's teaching was that circumcision isn't needed.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Bro. did I write this post before or after you talked about Bereans and circumcision? Were you not the one that made the first statement concerning this, but alleged I said so? Was it not when I tried to make you see your wrong inference that I wrote the statements above?

Would you mind highlighting the bold from my statement below:

"When Paul told them there was no need for circumcision, which part of scripture did they check to confirm?"

1. Where in the post did I accuse you of posting about "Bereans and circumcision"
2. What wrong inference did i draw, if you knew that Paul taught Bereans about circumcision.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Some in Thessalonica believed while others did not. Some Jews, who caused the riot were only able to convince those who did not believe. Know that not everyone will believe the scriptures even when one is shown the truth from them.

What mattered to the Bereans was to see from the scriptures, whether OT or NT, if what Paul taught them were true. This is how christians ought to check the scriptures to see if what they are taught in church are true or not.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Some in Thessalonica believed while others did not. Some Jews, who caused the riot were only able to convince those who did not believe. Know that not everyone will believe the scriptures even when one is shown the truth from them.

Here I talked about the Berean christians and their searching of the scriptures. I never said anything about circumcision as you alleged.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
Syncan:

When Paul told them there was no need for circumcision, which part of scripture did they check to confirm?
It was at this stage that you introduced the issue of circumcision, linking it to the statement I made concerning the Bereans above.

That prompted me to ask you the people you were referring to. See your reply below.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
Syncan:

Same people you were talking about in your post.
You can see the answer you gave me. Which people did I talk about in my post as regards circumcision? Did I make any mention that Paul talked about circumcision in my former post above? You were the one that tried to link what I wrote as regards Bereans with your question on cirsumcision.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
Who?
To make it clearer, I asked you who?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
Syncan:

Artful dodger, the berean Jews as stated in your post.
You answered Berean Jews. You went ahead to write that I stated it in my post. Here is the crux of the matter. The question is: Where did I state the issue concerning the Bereans and circumcision when I spoke of them and the way they searched the scriptures?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

What you did to defend yourself was to lay hold on this post. Did I not write series of posts before I wrote this? Was it not when I tried to make you see where you inferred me wrongly that made me post this? Did I write this before or after the issue of circumcision that you questioned me about?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Syncan(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Here I talked about the Berean christians and their searching of the scriptures. I never said anything about circumcision as you alleged.

Check that your post again and tell me if you talked about Paul's teaching also. Don't turn a blind eye there. Was circumcision issue not part of Paul's teachings?

I will not respond to the other posts because I no longer have the time for playing around. You may keep repeating the whole thread for all i care. Yet you can't show me where exactly I alleged you posted "Bereans and circumcision".
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Syncan:

Check that your post again and tell me if you talked about Paul's teaching also. Don't turn a blind eye there. Was circumcision issue not part of Paul's teachings?

I will not respond to the other posts because I no longer have the time for playing around.
I know that part of Paul's teaching to the gentiles was on circumcision. There is no doubt about it. But why did you allege that I stated it in my former post when I did not? You inferred what I wrote but did it wrongly by saying that I wrote it myself. When you infer what someone says, it is from your own perespective as regards how you understand such posts. This is what I had wanted you to come to terms with but you failed to admit it. Inference is allowed, but do not say that it is who you have inferred that wrote it, unless it is so.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
italo:

You should be asking yourself that question. Why are you interceding to the intercessor for your loved ones when you pray for them? Why are you being a priest pleading with the high priest for them? Why are you acting as another advocate for them? Is it absurd or not?

I asked that if you can pray for your loved ones, why can't Jesus' mother pray for her loved ones.

You couldn't answer.
God bless u
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2015
anukulapo:

So can you tell us the result of the queen's request from her son? Please quote the bible verses following the one you quoted above. SMH

By non-catholics,which group are you referring to? Praying through their deceased parents...? You are unbelievable.
On your way into the ditch that you gladly look forward to falling into.

P.S.
Your OP is all a catechism joke I suppose.
Bros do u remember in 1Kings wen d mother of Solomon cam 2 meet his Son asking Him 2 grant Her, her request, wat was d reply of d son nd was her position recognized because she stood close 2 her
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Lol. I do not defend my or any church. I defend the word of God by the help of His Spirit. You do not need defending any church, but the truth being spoken in that church. On the otherhand, if any church goes into error, you use the word of God to correct such.

You must not get understanding of God's word only from the church/body of Christ. You get it also from other christians with higher level of spiritual maturity, and from your personal study also.
Do u defend ur family wen needs arises? Church u see is lik home dt u must learn as a child b4 u proceed 2 ur skul. I dn't care d Knowledge u hv bt Church is d centre inwhich all Oda knowledge ar given?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by An2elect2(f): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
If you arguing with a Catholic, just ask him/her if the scripture is the sole and reliable authority as regards spiritual matters, if you get a 'no', trust me you cant get past that, just get ready to go round in circles and wear yourself down
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
An2elect2:
If you arguing with a Catholic, just ask him/her if the scripture is the sole and reliable authority as regards spiritual matters, if you get a 'no', trust me you cant get past that, just get ready to go round in circles and wear yourself down

Bros do u knw dt d Bible u ar talking abt was compile by Catholics?
U ar very correct, d bible was compile by catholics
All Oda churches cam into existence 2ru catholic. Jesus founded d church matthew 16:18 fulfilling his promise in john 21:15-18
St ignatius on his way 2 b martyred in Rome, ws d ist 2 cal d church catholic nd M.L took away sm part of d bible 4 his own selfish reason
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by jaegermesiter: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
What's this obsession with Mary,catholics dnt pray through mary,Catholics pray through the invocation of the most blessed trinity,and asks all the hosts of heaven(angels,archangels,saints) for intercession,and offer all this prayer through Christ our lord.Amen

1 Like

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lemme read this thread wellar, I always wondered. I dey come.

1 Like

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Timmytimmy:

Haaaaaaa! You people! shocked
What part of my comment did I complain about the use of the word "bigot" by italo? I challenged him because I realised he was generating this negative vibe that was manifested in little insults like"you are not thinking well" or something of the sort. And of course I don't agree with the guy that called him a bigot. I quoted him so he'll stop ending his somewhat meaningful comments with stuff like"Pray that God improves your reason and give you the grace to use it well" It's condescending and insulting.

And, does the fact that things are like this on religious section not raise a question in your heart: Are this people here in search of truth or do they just want to prove their points. If we're here to prove points, then who are we fooling?

i should ask u dat question. Are u here to seek d truth or condemn?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
[quote author=anukulapo post=35792858]

So can you tell us the result of the queen's request from her son? I ws only telling u d role of a mother in a kingdom

By non-catholics,which group are you referring to? Praying through their deceased parents...? You are unbelievable.
Do u by any means pray 2ru ur G.O? If yes, y do u do dt? If u can pray 2ru a mere mortal lik u wat abt dat person who is in heaven?
Nd If u dn't hv G.O y do u respect d wife of ur pastor nd if u can do dt y nt d mother of God. If u respect ur mother nd u can do anything 4 her y nt God wu is so gud nd merciful?

P.S.
Your OP is all a catechism joke I suppose.
Nt a doctrin bt wat I Bliv in since I cam 2 d age of reasoning
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Nairaland111(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2015
I nr fit shout ooooooooo
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Nairaland111(m): 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
MrsPhyno:
Lemme read this thread wellar, I always wondered. I dey come.
U never com back ooooooooo
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
All d point I made is valid, com lets learn am ever ready, if am wrong correct me bt nt wen am rite u say am wrong
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
I lov my mother
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Nairaland111(m): 8:06am On Nov 15, 2015
Jusmudi:
I lov my mother
Which of ur mother
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Nairaland111(m): 8:07am On Nov 15, 2015
Jusmudi:
All d point I made is valid, com lets learn am ever ready, if am wrong correct me bt nt wen am rite u say am wrong
U nd wu dey quarrel?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves / Which Gospel Music Moves You So Much? / Pastor Adeboye: Naira Will Be Powerful Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.