Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101242 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:04am On Aug 11, 2015
Reading my 14th book this year... Just downloaded the book the op posted in the first page of this thread. "A road less traveled".. Looking at the content of the book, it requires more study to speed reading. So will give it a month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mikwus(f): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2015
The Shack by William Paul Young.

This book will change the way we think about GOD. It will show us who HE is and what HE truly desires.
You will leave behind "stereotype" of our days and seek true fellowship with HIM.

Cc: dearpreye

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2015
iamtomi:
hi y'all... pls can someone send me 'Americanah' by chimmamanda...bin trying to download it but not successful..thanks
try this but it's on epub format tho http://bookzz.org/book/2074548/6042d3
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2015
Mikwus:
The Shack by William Paul Young.

This book will change the way we think about GOD. It will show us who HE is and what HE truly desires.
You will leave behind "stereotype" of our days and seek true fellowship with HIM.

Cc: dearpreye

Hmmmm! I've written it down already. Any book that will make me worship God better and away from all these concocted, man made rules, will be a delectable one for me.

Thanks for sharing. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2015
Living a life of Fire by Reinhard Bonnke.... August is all about biographies.. I give each month certain study focus eg July books was all about spiritual development I read books on watchman Nee... ATS and the likes . May was about self development and capacity building.. reading books like my vision an the likes.. listening to Ted talks awesome month ...it makes the year interesting and also helps in building up myself in all areas you guys should try it smiley #AugustBiographies can't wait cheesy #BeInspired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2015
EMEKA1MILLION:
Reading my 14th book this year... Just downloaded the book the op posted in the first page of this thread. "A road less traveled".. Looking at the content of the book, it requires more study to speed reading. So will give it a month.

Thanks the spirit, my brother. It's actually more about understanding and applying what we've read than how fast we read a book.

You'll find within it some deep treasures.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
Living a life of Fire by Reinhard Bonnke.... August is all about biographies.. I give each month certain study focus eg July books was all about spiritual development I read books on watchman Nee... ATS and the likes . May was about self development and capacity building.. reading books like my vision an the likes.. listening to Ted talks awesome month ...it makes the year interesting and also helps in building up myself in all areas you guys should try it smiley #AugustBiographies can't wait cheesy #BeInspired

I'll call this purposeful and determined reading.

Watchman Nee books have a special place in my heart. Bit they are often veeerrryyy deep.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2015
dearpreye:

I'll call this purposeful and determined reading.

Watchman Nee books have a special place in my heart. Bit they are often veeerrryyy deep.
I'll share a little bit of my story here later on I hope it would inspire someone smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
I'll share a little bit of my story here later on I hope it would inspire someone smiley

Just don't fail to mention ME!

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by nonexy11: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
Currently reading 'the great controversy' by Ellen White. An interesting and inspiring book indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
nonexy11:
Currently reading 'the great controversy' by Ellen White. An interesting and inspiring book indeed.

Hmmmmm....One of the greatest books I've read all through my life. I wept and wept and wept as the passion of Christ became very vivid and clear. It's a great book. I've also read THE DESIRE OF AGES by same author.

When you're through with the book, you must have read so many passages of the Bible.

The author has the uncanny ability to convey very clearly in few lines complex ideas others will do in paragraphs and passages.

After reading one of the chapters where she chronicled the sufferings and the persecution ofof some brethren, I woke by 5 am the following morning with such a zeal and fervency of spirit I hadn't experienced in years.

My tears were so hot; I thought my heart was about to burst from the passion under which I groaned that morning.

Thanks for sharing, dear. Thank you....

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by iamtomi(f): 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
try this but it's on epub format tho http://bookzz.org/book/2074548/6042d3
still find it hard to...thanks alot tho smiley
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
iamtomi:
still find it hard to...thanks alot tho smiley
lol just click on the download blue button what fone are you using
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by iamtomi(f): 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
lol..sorry i pressed the other download so it was directing me to another site...thanks alot..its downloaded smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
iamtomi:
lol..sorry i pressed the other download so it was directing me to another site...thanks alot..its downloaded smiley

As usual, persistence pays.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by iamtomi(f): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
haha..now i cnt open d file with my fone...telling me.. no application can open file
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by iamtomi(f): 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
see..wen i tried opening it

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by iamtomi(f): 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
dearpreye:

As usual, persistence pays.
lol..but its trying to frustrate me now
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
iamtomi:
lol..but its trying to frustrate me now

I understand. ....just still be patient. Knowledge has its own price. LOL!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
iamtomi:
haha..now i cnt open d file with my fone...telling me.. no application can open file
it's in epub format .... Lemme recommend nice readers for your books go to playstore and download moon reader dats wat I use or download fb reader..
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bakkajo: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
It's the sequel to The Shining. I haven't finished it but I love it. I love everything Stephen King writes. lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
bakkajo:
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
It's the sequel to The Shining. I haven't finished it but I love it. I love everything Stephen King writes. lol

Then give us a little summary. Let's see even a quote. Thanks.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bakkajo: 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
I'm not home yet. But I'll be sure to give more details when I get home.
dearpreye:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
bakkajo:
I'm not home yet. But I'll be sure to give more details when I get home.

Wishing a safe journey home.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by iamtomi(f): 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
it's in epub format .... Lemme recommend nice readers for your books go to playstore and download moon reader dats wat I use or download fb reader..
i get it now...thanks alot smiley
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2015
dearpreye:

Thanks the spirit, my brother. It's actually more about understanding and applying what we've read than how fast we read a book.

You'll find within it some deep treasures.
yes that's correct. Talking about the book, I spent the whole of yesterday on it and it did justice to some childhood problems I had and never considered them problem since I grew up to it and took it as a norm. As Scott pointed out in sins of the Father, most of our parents were not ready to be parents if not for unwanted pregnancy or pressure. This makes them resentful of their children and end up blaming them for any challenges they encounter in life.. He went on to say a lot about undisciplined discipline by parents.
What caught me most in the book is about learning how to understand that life is a problem, you can't go a day without encountering it so you have to learn to take responsibility for it.
I will recommend this book to every reader, I already sent it to some friends in my reading club. Will look for the hard cover to buy..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 12, 2015
EMEKA1MILLION:
yes that's correct. Talking about the book, I spent the whole of yesterday on it and it did justice to some childhood problems I had and never considered them problem since I grew up to it and took it as a norm. As Scott pointed out in sins of the Father, most of our parents were not ready to be parents if not for unwanted pregnancy or pressure. This makes them resentful of their children and end up blaming them for any challenges they encounter in life.. He went on to say a lot about undisciplined discipline by parents.
What caught me most in the book is about learning how to understand that life is a problem, you can't go a day without encountering it so you have to learn to take responsibility for it.
I will recommend this book to every reader, I already sent it to some friends in my reading club. Will look for the hard cover to buy..

Thanks for the great post. A vast majority of us didn't have what we like to describe as the best parenting from our parents. They did their best no doubt, giving the circumstances at the time. God bless them all.

But I believe we can be better parents. Parenting isn't an easy task. It takes a lot of love, care, understanding and patience to bring up kids that will be totally useful to themselves and the society. I'm learning from my parents and making sure I don't repeat the same mistakes they made.

I've not read his SINS OF THE FATHERS. I'll be glad if you could send me the soft copy. It promises to be a good read.

Whether we want to believe it or not, life's difficult and only the disciplined that scale through its fences.

Good morning bro.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:02am On Aug 12, 2015
dearpreye:

Thanks for the great post. A vast majority of us didn't have what we like to describe as the best parenting from our parents. They did their best no doubt, giving the circumstances at the time. God bless them all.

But I believe we can be better parents. Parenting isn't an easy task. It takes a lot of love, care, understanding and patience to bring up kids that will be totally useful to themselves and the society. I'm learning from my parents and making sure I don't repeat the same mistakes they made.

I've not read his SINS OF THE FATHERS. I'll be glad if you could send me the soft copy. It promises to be a good read.

Whether we want to believe it or not, life's difficult and only the disciplined that scale through its fences.

Good morning bro.
the sins of the Father is contained from page 21 to 26 of the book A road less Traveled.
Our parents did their best no doubt but they also are the problem of today's youth. Blaming your children for your misfortune causes character disorder and this children grow with this self resentment.
I will be the best for my children... .
Good morning to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 12, 2015
EMEKA1MILLION:
the sins of the Father is contained from page 21 to 26 of the book A road less Traveled.
Our parents did their best no doubt but they also are the problem of today's youth. Blaming your children for your misfortune causes character disorder and this children grow with this self resentment.
I will be the best for my children... .
Good morning to you

My bad! I thought he actually wrote it as a book apart from the few pages dedicated to the topic in The Road Less Travelled. Thanks bro.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bakkajo: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2015
Following the supernatural occurrence in a hotel during his childhood, a man tries to battle his inner demons (including alcoholism) to handle the trauma. He drifts from town to town never holding a steady job. It falls on him to protect a little girl from a fate worse than what he suffered in that hotel many years ago.
"We’re all dying. The world’s just a hospice with fresh air". This quote is quite depressing...but I like it. lol
That's basically all about Stephen King's Doctor Sleep
dearpreye:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by AmakaDNB(f): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
Quarter of a Blue Moon by Daniel Nkado

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
AmakaDNB:
Quarter of a Blue Moon by Daniel Nkado

What is it all about? Chimamanda has written half of a yellow sun.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (34) (Reply)

The Day The World Ended / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.