Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It (749 Views)

Things You Should Know As An Instrumentalist / Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? / Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
I received a message to come for auditioning as an instrumentalist in a church this coming saturday,but I don't really buy the idea of earning salary as an instrumentalist in a church.
Just want to know your view about this,as an instrumentalist do you get paid and happy about it,and as a chorister how do you see instrumentalists who are being paid in your church.Pastors and members in the house,over to you.
Re: Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It by okenwa(m): 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
I have thought of the issue on some occasions and I felt it is not ideal for a true worshiper. I recommend you offer your service to God and only accept transport fares as the only honorarium of your fellowship with them.
When you Start to receive money as salary, you will get to loose your calling through commercialization. Pls arrange a meeting with your conscience on this
Re: Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It by Patented: 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
If its the church you attend then just minister without collecting money. If its nt the church you attend then dont go. Cos it wld become a jobas opposed to ministering.
Re: Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It by timijoseph01(m): 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
''Remember the sabath day to make it Only'' still remain in the Holy Bible...
As a christian,, Sundays are not workdays,, itz a day you dedicate to worship God..!
Collecting salary by playing in the Church on Sundays is a complete SIN..!
Now sundays apart,, collecting Wages or any form of money any day of d week as far as you are playing for a Church,, to worship ur creator is also a SIN..!
If NOT,,, should choiristers too start collecting salaries..?? Even the ushers.?? The evangelist.??
The only instance i think you can collect fee is church wedding/burial/naming ceremony,, shows and party..
#MyOpinion
Re: Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
okenwa:
I have thought of the issue on some occasions and I felt it is not ideal for a true worshiper. I recommend you offer your service to God and only accept transport fares as the only honorarium of your fellowship with them.
When you Start to receive money as salary, you will get to loose your calling through commercialization. Pls arrange a meeting with your conscience on this
currently I don't get paid,likewise in previous churches that I've attended.But I have friends that can't play without getting paid.
Re: Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
Patented:
If its the church you attend then just minister without collecting money. If its nt the church you attend then dont go. Cos it wld become a jobas opposed to ministering.
very true,but some do say they also learnt it paying someone
Re: Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
timijoseph01:
''Remember the sabath day to make it Only'' still remain in the Holy Bible...
As a christian,, Sundays are not workdays,, itz a day you dedicate to worship God..!
Collecting salary by playing in the Church on Sundays is a complete SIN..!
Now sundays apart,, collecting Wages or any form of money any day of d week as far as you are playing for a Church,, to worship ur creator is also a SIN..!
If NOT,,, should choiristers too start collecting salaries..?? Even the ushers.?? The evangelist.??
The only instance i think you can collect fee is church wedding/burial/naming ceremony,, shows and party..
#MyOpinion
I concur with you,but most of them don't have other means of livelihood

(1) (Reply)

Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / What Would You Consider As Your Greatest Achievement On Earth? / Why Do People Misinterpret Isaiah 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.