Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,571 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? (4105 Views)

Get A Stunning Website From Us And Receive Money In Naira, US Dollars And Pounds / Can I Now Recieve Money Through Paypal ??? / Confused: How Do Bloggers Receive Money From Ads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by Aybamdbay(m): 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
How-zit!
Recently, I opened a verified Paypal account via this link
www.paypal.com/ng
but I discovered that I can solely use it to send money and not receive.
Just wanna ask_ Is that how Paypal works or is it because it is a Nigerian Paypal account? You know it wasn't accepted in Nigeria before.What ya say?
Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by nairamaverick(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
Because it is Nigerian paypal
Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by bizfirst: 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Aybamdbay:
How-zit!
Recently, I opened a verified Paypal account via this link
www.paypal.com/ng
but I discovered that I can solely use it to send money and not receive.
Just wanna ask_ Is that how Paypal works or is it because it is a Nigerian Paypal account? You know it wasn't accepted in Nigeria before.What ya say?

Nigerian PayPal accounts can only pay out for goods and services received at this point in time. Note however that this is a 'safety' feature the company has deployed to protect it's 'interest'; elsewhere (US, UK, Canada etc), citizens of those countries (and those who open accounts under such countries' identity) can both 'send' and 'receive'.

It is hoped however that in the shortest possible time, this would be history.
Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by Aybamdbay(m): 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
This really doesn't make make sense. I opened it primarily to receiving money online._from my website and my Youtube channel. I hope this issue would be resolved pretty soon!
Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by Jboyossai(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
bizfirst:

Nigerian PayPal accounts can only pay out for goods and services received at this point in time. Note however that this is a 'safety' feature the company has deployed to protect it's 'interest'; elsewhere (US, UK, Canada etc), citizens of those countries (and those who open accounts under such countries' identity) can both 'send' and 'receive'.

It is hoped however that in the shortest possible time, this would be history.
so bro how can i open an acc here in nigeria under such country's identity nd transact with it
Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by Ben1975(m): 6:49am On Jul 07, 2015
Use another e pay solution like Payoneer dot com or Payza dot com

Nigeria isn't the most fraudulent country in the world, countries that PayPal are allowing to receive money are higher on the fraudulent crimes list than we are (study done by Forbes)

PayPal's unethical business objectives are deliberately damaging to us and we need to say that we must boycott them until they allow us to receive.

Aybamdbay:
This really doesn't make make sense. I opened it primarily to receiving money online._from my website and my Youtube channel. I hope this issue would be resolved pretty soon!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by bizfirst: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2015
Jboyossai:

so bro how can i open an acc here in nigeria under such country's identity nd transact with it

While this is very possible, I do not advise it (and at this moment, know of no method that ACTUALLY works). Why bother with the stress when a ton of alternatives exist?

I have found the Payoneer card a very healthy alternative.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by Jboyossai(m): 7:32am On Jul 07, 2015
Ben1975:
Use another e pay solution like Payoneer dot com or Payza dot com

Nigeria isn't the most fraudulent country in the world, countries that PayPal are allowing to receive money are higher on the fraudulent crimes list than we are (study done by Forbes)

PayPal's unethical business objectives are deliberately damaging to us and we need to say that we must boycott them until they allow us to receive.

but most of us want to use this paypal to recieve payments from our website from the earns generated from our website....all this ads provider like buzzcity etc...how do we here in nigeria recieve payment from them?
Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by NaijaEarnOnline: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2015
I have a paypal that receives, i didnt register it in nigeria though.

If not for trust issue, i can receive and pay you in naira.

But if you are serious, i can review my identity to you outside nairaland
Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by Ben1975(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2015
I thoroughly agree with Jboyossai. If you do choose to get payments from PayPal via the back door it would just give them the opportunity to hold you financially hostage when you have money flowing into their accounts because they will be well aware you didn't get that payment legitimately so you have no legal course for redress. The can freeze your account making bogus claims that strange activities were going on in your account. just to mention one of a few tricks they have up their sleeve.

They did that to me years ago I used to use my PayPal account frequently when I was abroad. But as soon as i got back to Nigeria they made bogus claims of account impropriety even though the account was empty and had been empty for months. When I called them up on the phone to query what they had done their phone representative gave off the vibe like he couldn't care less and that this was my problem and nobody else s.

I know it sounds a little harsh but find alternatives there a plenty out there, and at the very end of the day if you have affiliate programs on your site you can receive checks in the post or money transfer.

Not having a PayPal account does not mean the end of the world - after all I do business on the net without a PayPal account and I have been on the internet for 2 decades.

Jboyossai:

but most of us want to use this paypal to recieve payments from our website from the earns generated from our website....all this ads provider like buzzcity etc...how do we here in nigeria recieve payment from them?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Receive Money Through Paypal? by Zdoh(m): 10:53am On Dec 02, 2018
EXCHANGE TODAY

WE BUY

Skrill - CashApp - Paypal - Payoneer - Bitcoin - Skrill - Neteller And Ethereum

WITHDRAWAL

Fiverr - Upwork - Freelance -Topbuzz - Ceo-clerk And iWriter instant withdrawal and the quick payment guarantee.

WE SELL

Neteller - CashApp - Paypal - Bitcoin And Ethereum

ZIDOH EXCHANGE
WHATSAPP :+2348088759163

(1) (Reply)

Get FREE Ebook On Web Design, PHP, CSS3, HTML5 And Wordpress / Webmasters In The House, Post Your Twitter Handles! / America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.