Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,584 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State (10302 Views)

Lalong, Wike, Tambuwal And Bello At Benin Airport This Morning / Hameed Ali Gives Simon Lalong Gift (Photos) / Governor Simon Lalong Calls For Calm In Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Brytawon(m): 7:39am On Jul 07, 2015
Plateau state governor, Simon Lalong has called for the return of security checkpoints in the state. The governor made the call while visiting victims of the twin bomb blast that rocked Jos July 5th.

“Today I have made an appeal to Mr President to allow us go back to our checkpoints. Allow the security to go back. Without security, people can come from all angle to start attacking innocent people” Gov Lalong said

On June 23rd, President Buhari ordered the removal of checkpoints nationwide.

source: https://plateaunewsonline./2015/07/06/lalong-calls-for-return-of-checkpoints-in-plateau-state/

5 Likes

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 07, 2015
good idea, just that those checkpoints vanguards would begin some extracurricular activities which are not included in their primary duties.
Nigerian police sha...

1 Like

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 07, 2015
hmmm, what's buhari's intentions for removing checkpoints nationwide.? I dnt get it

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by 20thAccountLOL: 7:45am On Jul 07, 2015
Am used to ban...

Mods wassup dis morning?

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 07, 2015
Na wah o.. Seriously Daullardiho was either high when hr initially ordered the removal of Army check points... I wonder what he was thinking if not to give boko haram access.

PMB: we are winning the war

ME: who? The military or your boys?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by otijah(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2015
In patrick Obiaghogbon voice. "This country is presidentless"

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by tociano009(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2015
grin
Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by youngwarlocks: 7:45am On Jul 07, 2015
mission accomplished.....boys return to checking point. hediot people....Weldone buhari, i just dey look you from far

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by boboLIL(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2015
D earlier d better....d0nt mind dah b00hari...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Gepheral: 7:46am On Jul 07, 2015
I wonder why the president ordered them removed in the first place.. It makes no sense to me at all. If not for the check Point those Ikorodu robbers would still be at large enjoying their loot

11 Likes

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by ayd91(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2015
Check points are perceived as strategic in halting the free flow of arms, ammunition, and explosives. Taking away the check points opens up the roads to Boko Haram and enables them his far away targets.
I guess we shouldn't be surprised if this trend spreads down South.
The police should be better equipped to handle this role while the soldiers face the on going war. The civil defense corps can also be used for this purpose.
God bless Nigeria.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Zonacom(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2015
I think i support the gov on this. The dismantling of checkpoints shouldn't have been in every state.

1 Like

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by luvinhubby(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2015
The events of the past 3 weeks is an obvious pointer that the removal of millitary checkpoints by Buhari was a poorly thought policy & the more reason why we need a cabinet now.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Yazmin: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2015
It should never have been removed in Plateau in the first place.
Mr President,its your goof. Apologize to all residents in Plateau state.
Got guide us all.....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by kristisking(m): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2015
Baba one chance has continued to show his incompetency since he assumed office and I know people will call for PDP return in 2019.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by berlusconib2: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2015
Dis is how they are going to recall road block gradually. Let's watch!
Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by ellabooz(f): 7:48am On Jul 07, 2015
When you say somebody is clueless, it means the person has sound wisdom and right mind set but lacks knowledge on a specific course

But when Dullard is used,it means the person has no wisdom and his brain is permanently deformed.

Honestly, this man is D.ullar.din.ho,that is the hyper Superlative of dullard.
Meaning his brain is damaged beyond irredeemable.

Who even advise him to remove the Check points in the first place?

Change agents how market?

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by DankemzI(m): 7:48am On Jul 07, 2015
They said GEJ is clueless, that Nigeria needs radical change from General.
He even promised to lead the war like Jumong uptill now nothing
AM NOT SURE BUHARI KNOWS HE HAS BEEN ELECTED PRESIDENT, OFFICER WE NEED ACTION

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 07, 2015
Its necessaary,seems BH boys are having a jolly ride to commits those crime with the absence of checking point.

Lord,please heal our land.

2 Likes

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Autolord: 7:48am On Jul 07, 2015
No governor should listen to this kunu sipping gworo chewing president. Abia state did it, others can do it. Buhari is an old wine who will soon be impeached

Bring back GEJ

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 07, 2015
Simon lalong jonah jang

am sure their next governor will be judas jung

6 Likes

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by benedictjohn(m): 7:48am On Jul 07, 2015
I voted For change! Now i'm getting Negative Changes! Y would a well thinking president order d removal of military checkpoints? Men! Dis clown Don tire me o...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by becka95(f): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2015
Ehn no pee na,since d fulani hav resolve in2 bombing their mosques let them proceed,Allah will reward them lmao. Evidence of prayers answerd

1 Like

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by godoluwa(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2015
its a welcum development
Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2015
but party said no millitary road blocks, n now d govr is callng dem back, is he not going against party directives?
Confusion, confusion n confusion!

4 Likes

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 07, 2015
Brytawon:
Plateau state governor, Simon Lalong has called for the return of security checkpoints in the state. The governor made the call while visiting victims of the twin bomb blast that rocked Jos July 5th.

“Today I have made an appeal to Mr President to allow us go back to our checkpoints. Allow the security to go back. Without security, people can come from all angle to start attacking innocent people” Gov Lalong said

On June 23rd, President Buhari ordered the removal of checkpoints nationwide.

source: https://plateaunewsonline./2015/07/06/lalong-calls-for-return-of-checkpoints-in-plateau-state/

We also need improved domestic intelligence gathering.
Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by boboLIL(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2015
Ah pity d less privilege.....de d0nt knw d pains
Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2015
I don't know what baba Bubu was thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Maxymilliano(m): 7:50am On Jul 07, 2015
Even with roadblocks, Plateau state is volatile and violence prone.

Wondered who came up with the idea of roadblock dismantling in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by boboLIL(m): 7:51am On Jul 07, 2015
20thAccountLOL:
Am used to ban...

Mods wassup dis morning?
20th acc ? What? Na 0nly u be nairlanders
Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by ucheuzor1(m): 7:51am On Jul 07, 2015
u can't even understand what is happening in this our country again o

1 Like

Re: Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State by Drinkwater(m): 7:51am On Jul 07, 2015
Buhari just be giving orders anyhow not minding the repercussion. We'r trying to curb insecurity and you'r telling security operatives to leave checkpoint hmm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano 9 Kids : Ganduje Institutes Commission Of Inquiry. / Emiefele: More Heads May Roll As Investigators Beam Searchlight On CBN, NIRSAL / Kaduna Governor Sani Thanks Tinubu For Appointing Kaduna Indigenes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.