Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,595 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

.::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! (42661 Views)

The Moon Has Been Sighted! / Moon Has Been Sighted / The Moon Has Been Sighted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

.::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by rufaai(m): 1:07am On Sep 23, 2006
In the name of Allah the Gracious the most Merciful, may the peace and blessings of Allah be sent upon the Prophet. Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam, Assalamu Alaikum

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji (Dr.) Muhammadu Maccido has announced "The MOON has been sighted today Friday 22rd September 2006" So every muslim is expect to fast tomorrow.

RAMADAN KAREEM!!!

I would like to seize this opportunity to remind my fellow muslims of their duties on this month of Mercy in which the Qur'an was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W).

I recommed the link bellow to all muslims on Nairaland,
http://www.al-islam.com/articles/articles-e.asp?fname=ALISLAM_R40_E
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by Fimmy(m): 9:38am On Sep 23, 2006
thanks Brother
May the Peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon up
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by beelyjay45(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2006
Asalam aleykun Brother,
I just heard that the moon was sighted this morning n i had eaten, and I even went to the club last nite hoping Ramadan was going to start today. So what am I going to do?
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by mukina2: 11:53am On Sep 23, 2006
we havnt sighted it yet , here but i guess we will later today cuz the weather has been bad undecided

@beelyjay45 perform ghusl you know now undecided
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by Oyebanji07(m): 12:06pm On Sep 23, 2006
Salam my dear brother in Islam,
Thanks for giving out this very inportant information.I also heard about it last night from the MSSN Amir(Lagos State) that the moon had been sighted in Saudi Arabia and a call has been made to confirm that.
May the Peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon you and every Muslims.Amin.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by LanreDaMan(m): 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2006
Salam Alaykum,

I was lucky, my sister called me early this morning to Inform me

May Allah accepts our acts of worships and forgive us of our sins

Amin

P.s Queen B You relly need to see a doctor (A Shrink)
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by loma(m): 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2006
If you had eaten before hearing,once you hear, you have to stop eating till sunset. However, you still have to repay that day after ramadan.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by LiquidMind(m): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2006
Somebody explain to me.

Is this moon worship ?? shocked
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by loma(m): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2006
When you go to church on Sunday, is it sun-worship?
When you count your months using names of goddesses-e.g janus,is it goddess worship?

For your information,scientifically days are counted using the lunar or solar cycles.
Until 325 BC, even the christains and the Jews(till today) reckoned months based on lunar cycles, but today, the world majorly uses solar cycles to determine the timing and arrive at number of days in a year-it has nothing to do with worshipping the sun or moon.

The muslims pray 5 times aday- before dawn,twice in the afternoon,sunset,and late at nite-how does this equal sun-worship

The muslims fast for 29-30 days a year,and they know the beginning of the month by when the new crescent appears-has nothing to do with moon worship.
If you dont know, please ASK!
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by Seun(m): 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2006
This thread is for muslims only. Any attacks against Islam on this thread will get you banned.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by LoverBwoy(m): 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2006
i thought the fasting starts tomorow

"My friend" wants to know if its okay to have sexual intercourse during the month of fasting

And is it okay to fast when you don't pray?

cheers?
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by LoverBwoy(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2006
If you don't know, please ASK!

he just did albeit in a weird way but you've answered him grin
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by mukina2: 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2006
LoverBwoy:

"My friend" wants to know if its okay to have sexual intercourse during the month of fasting

And is it okay to fast when you don't pray?

cheers?

If your friend is married then its ok but he must perform ghusl before fasting for the next day.

no its not ok, fasting goes with prayers.some pray but dont fast,
but prayers are the backbone of fasting
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by Fimmy(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2006
LiquidMind:

Somebody explain to me.

Is this moon worship ?? shocked
it not Moon worship
okay
According to the Qur'an we muslim use Moons to count our Months
u will never understand what it means cos u not into the deen
Never mind maybe i can be of help to you during this Rammadan period

112. Surah Al-Ikhlaas or At-Tauhid (The Purity)

1. Say (O Muhammad ()): "He is Allâh, (the) One.

2. "Allâh-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks).

3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten;

4. "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by hayprof(m): 2:37am On Sep 24, 2006
Ramadan Kareem My Brothers And Sister In Islam. cool cool cool
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by olabowale(m): 4:48am On Sep 24, 2006
@LoverBwoy: It is only okay to have sexual intercourse with your legal spouse. It is not forbidden either after you have broken your fast, at Night. But all sexual intercorse must stop before the beginning of the fast of the following day. The fast begins at the time of Fajr. This is also the time that all eating and drinking and other base activities must stop. Salatul Subhi begins just after the time of fajr.

However if a person who has the intention to fast were to be in the state of impurity because of sex or wet dream, into the time of fajr, all he /she has to do is to take the compulsory bath. The fast is intact. The person can then make salah. The same condition apply if a person were to have wet dream during the day time while fasting. You stillhave your fast, but you have to take the compulsory bath as soon as possible. If you are in a place wher you have no access to bathing, like in the office, then you will clean your private part as in the way that you do when you excrete. Then you perform the tayamum. You can pray and read Qur'an, in as long as you are clean yourself and your clothings.

Alhamdulillah. I ask the Most merciful, the Owner of the Month of ramadan and all the other months of the year to bless us and accept all our Ibadat. That he from His Mercy, to bring Unity to our beloved Nigeria and mankind in general. I ask victory for islam and muslims. i ask that Allah purifies our hearts and do not make us unbelievers or hypocrites.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by Ushersx(m): 5:59am On Sep 24, 2006
Glory be 2 Allah d lord of d worlds.peace nd blessings be on our prophet Muhammed (s.a.w). I greet u all in d best form of greeting.ASalam-alaykum ma brothers nd sisters in islam. Dis is an only month were shaiton nd is msgers re chained,my fellow muslims pls let try 2make good of dis holy month,go 2 good lectures do dawah,read Quran nd be nice 2 fellow muslims. Nd as 4 u LIQUIDMIND u re just a khafiru nd u need not 2 be answered.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by whiz(m): 6:24am On Sep 24, 2006
Ramadan Kareem!!!
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by Pain(m): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2006
Its Interesting to see the zeal being displayed here about Ramadn. Im impressed.

Wish U all Muslims a Happy Fasting., But Pls No Secret Meals In Da Closet.

Good Luck.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by dominique(f): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2006
As-salaam alaikum my brothers and sistes. May Allah (S.W.T) continue to bless us and accept all our supplications.(Amin)
@pain,
that was so funny,you probly sneaked sum bites when u were a kid or sumn.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by olabowale(m): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2006
You should do good always, to Muslims and non muslims and all of God's creations.
In the month of Ramadan, you should increase your level of doing good. May be Allah the Almighty, will soften the hearts of those you come in contact with. Any good that is done is never lost.

(AS) said that if one was to hear the trumpet of the last day, there in your hand is a seedling, plant it. Good in form of reward of the charity after death will be not unaccounted for.

May God the Almighty Allah have mercy on us all. And He accepts our prayers and our repentance and count us among the favored and those He is well pleased with.

Ma Salaam.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by mukina2: 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2006
what We Are required to do in Ramadan,

1 guard the salat,unfortunately many fasting persons neglect salat which is a pillar of the religion and abandoning it is an act of disbelief.

2, Be well-mannered; beware of disbelief and cursing the religion and treating people badly,using the fast as an excuse,fasting is to train the self not to ruin the manners,and disbeleif puts muslims outside the religion

3, Do not use fouyl language,even while joking,as it will spoil (the reward of) the fast.Listen to the statement of the Prophet (saw)

"if one of you is fasting,he should not use obscenity that day or shout,and if someone speaks abusively or wants to fight with him,he should say: 'verily am fasting,verily am fasting'.

4, Take advantage of the fasting to give up smoking,which causes cancer,high blood pressure and other diseases;try to make a firm conviction to leave it by night as you left it by day.Save your health and your money.

5,Do not overeat at the time of breaking the fast,asthe benefit of fasting is cancelled and its not healthy

6,Do not waste your time by going to movies or watching telelvision

7,Do not stay up so late that you are not able to wake up foe sahur(predawn meal) or salat-ul-fajr,and take your duty on early morning.The Prophet (saw) said:

"O Allah bless my ummah in the early mornings (acts) (Ahmad and Tirmidhi)

8, Increase spending in charity,on relatives and the needy,visit your relatives,and make peace with those with whom you mane had disputes

9, Increase in oyur remembrance of Allah,and the recitation of the Quran and listening to it,and its contemplation of its meanings.Act on it and attend the beneficial discussions in the mosques,and practice I'tikaf in the masjid at the end of ramamdan (sunnah)
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by aloib(f): 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2006
As-salaam alaikum my fellow muslim brothers and sisters, pls continue to pray for nigeria as u embark on this holy month, goodluck to everyone, may ALLAH be wid everyone, nigeria woud be great, INSHA ALLAH
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by mukina2: 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2006
10, Read pamphlets on fasting to lrean its rules,for instance if you ate or drank,forgetting that you were fasting,it doesnt break the fast(but you have to stop immediately as soon as you realise what you're doing); another example:A person who became Junub at night (because of intercourse,for eg),but he didnt get the chance to perform ghusl(bath) before the appearance of dawn,that doesnt prevent him from fasting,he just has to perform the ghusl and offer salat and go ahead and observe saum(fast)

11, Be mindful of the fast of ramadan,get your children used to it when they are able to endure it,and beware of breaking it without a valid excuse.Whoever does so must repent for that and make up for that day,and whoever has intercourse with his wife during the daytime of ramadan he has to expaite the sin.He must free a slave if he's able to do so.If not,he should fast two months continuously(60 days without missing a day);and if he cant do that,he should feed 60 poor persons one meal.

12, Beware,my muslim brothers and sisters,from  breaking the fast of ramadan without  excuse.And beware of doing so openly in front of people.Because breaking the fast is audacity with Allah,and disrespect for Islam,and shamelessness among people.And you ahould realise that the one who doesnt fast  doesnt really have an Eid. because the 'Eid' is the occasion of great happiness for those who completed the fasts and hope their worship to be accepted.

ma salaam
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by mamaput(f): 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2006
Thanks for letting us know. Now i know that i will not visit my muslim friends in the day time when am looking for some were to go and eat.
But sometimes some people suffer more than others Longer days and shoter nights.
In Summer for example the sun here can raise at about 5 am and set at about 8.30 pm.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by olabowale(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2006
@Mamaput: Fast starts sometimes before Sunrise. Fast starts when the light of the new day (The light is coming from above), is about to begin to merge (as if it is about to touch the darkness of the vanishing night of the old day), with the darkness that is ground rising to the heaven.

Breaking of fast is immediately after the Sun sets. Regardless of Summer or Winter, the rules are strictly observed in Islam; for fasting and other.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by mamaput(f): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2006
meaning the fast dose not start at the same time all over the world.Or ends at the same time.
This means some people fast longer than others.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by olabowale(m): 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2006
@mamaput: Correct. However the effect of fasting in the month of Ramadan is the same.

For example, some muslims fast Mondays and Thursdays, every week of the year. In addition you can fast the 3 days of the full moon, or the 3 days when the moon is newly born. This constant or regular fast runs through the summer or long days of the year.

In view of this, the fast in the fall and winter months are shorter in duration relative to spring and summer.
The Ramadan fast does have a very particular pang on every individual. In general it is bigeasy in the winter than the hardship of summer.

Muslims fast because of the commandment from God. Every one is focused on the hope of receiving the reward from God, alone. Only God that can truly reward.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by mukina2: 10:04pm On Sep 24, 2006
Allah said " O you who believe,fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you that you may achieve taqwa" (V.2:183)

and the  Prophet (saw) said "saum (fasting) is a shield(or a screen or a shelter) from hell fire
and He (saw) also said " Whoever observed fasting in Ramadan with perfect faith and seeking reward,he will have his previous sins forgiven"
Whoever stood to pray (tarawih) in Ramadan with perfect faith and seeking reward,he will have his previous sins forgiven.
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:29am On Sep 25, 2006
Happy Ramadan to All the Muslim Nairalanders
I hope you have a safe and wonderful religious observance

I hope i Did not miss the timing, undecided
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by mukina2: 10:42am On Sep 25, 2006
@Josboy4life
ameen and thank you Brother kiss
Re: .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! by onikunkewu(m): 11:47am On Sep 25, 2006
Hello LoverBwoy,please tell your friend he can only have sex with his legally married wife at the sun set after the iftar which can also be extended to sahur at the midnight,but has to perform the ritual bath before alfigir. check (QURAN 2 VERSE 186 FOR MORE DETAILS) have a friutful ramadan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rev King To Die By Hanging: Supreme-Court Orders / Major African Gods And Their Origin / The Amazing city of pure Gold, Diamonds and precious stones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.