Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,821 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... (1259 Views)

Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? / Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? / So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2015
I want to start by saying that I am a Christian. I always have been and always will be... and I'm also a gay woman who is happily married to a beautiful British Woman named Megan. Since the recent Supreme Court ruling of legalizing same-sex marriages in the United States, I have seen the ugly and the uglier come out in people I never expected. Having moved to live with my wife in the UK, I find myself in awe at the complete and utter ignorance that has been clogging up my news feed and other social medial outlets in the past few days from my so-called American friends back in the South. It's important to state that I'm not generalizing all, as I've also seen a positive response from those Christian in the South; even including support from an amazing pastor. However, it saddens me that amongst the many rainbow-colored pictures on my feed, there is also a great deal of hatred.

What I don't understand is quite simply, this: why does gay marriage bother people so much? If you are making an unnecessary palava because you're offended by gay marriage then you seriously need to look at your own life and educate yourselves a bit. If the sole reason you feel that gay marriage is wrong because it's a sin, and the Bible tells you this is wrong, then I sure as hell hope you don't have bacon with your eggs or indulge in shrimp. Oh, or better yet, do you have any tattoos? Ever been drunk, told a white lie or been divorced? Yep, whoops. Those are all sins, too. And all sins are equal, right? I don't see anyone going off the handle because of any of these 'sins' and I most certainly don't see protests or hurtful propaganda against those. Just because you disagree with something -- and we all have the right to do so -- it is an absolute disgrace to treat the LGBT community the way you do. What if we treated all sins in this way? Bacon eaters would be doomed.

Therefore, if gay marriage or 'homosexuality' doesn't affect you personally in the way you live your life in any way, why do you feel the need to even get involved? Why worry about something that is, frankly, none of your business? For instance, I'm not divorced, but many people I know are, and I'm not going to judge them. We shouldn't judge anyone for the way they live their life. If you don't agree with gay marriage, then don't have a gay wedding. Simple.

I know what you must be thinking. If the LGBT community can protest and stand up for their rights, then why can't Christians? They have every right to stand up for what they believe in also... To a degree, yes. Christianity and gay rights will always butt-heads. Luckily, we have the Equality Act 2010 in the UK, where we've seen it in the favor of gay rights; e.g. where a gay couple were wrongly turned away from a B&B due to the owners Christian views, to in favor of Christianity; e.g. the nurse who was wrongly fired for telling her lesbian colleague she's committing a sin. I don't expect the battles to ever fully cease, but choose your battles wisely. Is this really worth your time? Could your time not be better spent with showing kindness and acceptance -- isn't that what being a Christian is truly about, rather than showing hatred? It is not your duty to judge and tell others how to live theirs to ensure your angelic conscious is clear. However, it does change the lives of the LGBT community and gives us freedom and the same rights as anyone else. This means that now my wife and I, if we ever decide to move back to the U.S., can do this freely and can move to any state. Your hatred towards this is unjust and unfair and don't even try to the quote the Bible at me; you may want to actually read it first.

To all of the haters, how would you feel if your rights were completely stripped from you because you had a divorce or because you had a baby out of wedlock, for instance? How would you like someone judging and telling you that you're going to hell because of this?

As a Christian, I wholeheartedly believe that God does not make mistakes and he would not have accidentally made millions of people (and animals) gay by chance. We are all who we are for a reason and no one should ever make you feel bad for that. If anything, my relationship with God is better than ever, and I know that I am definitely not going to hell or that my lifestyle is wrong. It's important for people to know that you can be a Christian and gay. You do not have to choose one or the other. We need more people like Christian singer Vicky Beeching, who came out as a lesbian last year, to look up to as role models.

So, my dear fellow Christians, from one Christian to another, please mind your own business and PLEASE make sure that your hands are clean before you point your finger at me and my community. Amen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/whitney-kay-bacon/so-gay-marriage-biblicall_b_7717502.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 07, 2015
If God is hokay with it.. so am I grin grin grin
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2015
Poster below me abeg summarize this Junk. It's too bulky junky grin
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2015
diamondtutu:
Poster below me abeg summarize this Junk. It's too bulky junky grin

It means readers are leaders

3 Likes

Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by samplegirl(f): 11:09am On Jul 07, 2015
Nonsense!
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by angieberry(f): 11:43am On Jul 07, 2015
What irks people, mostly Nigerians about gay marriage/homosexuality is not the fact that it is a sin, but that it is a vile taboo, an abnormality,just the same way we would look at încest.

Op, you call yourself a Christian, in your heart of hearts, do you really think that God would approve of gay marriages? Say the truth. Of course, God still has plenty of love for your lot but do you think that up in heaven, rainbow colored flags adorn the streets of gold in celebration of this madness?

1 Like

Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by lexy2014: 11:55am On Jul 07, 2015
voltron:
were did u c that God is ok with it?
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by lexy2014: 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
ollah1:
I want to start by saying that I am a Christian. I always have been and always will be... and I'm also a gay woman who is happily married to a beautiful British Woman named Megan. Since the recent Supreme Court ruling of legalizing same-sex marriages in the United States, I have seen the ugly and the uglier come out in people I never expected. Having moved to live with my wife in the UK, I find myself in awe at the complete and utter ignorance that has been clogging up my news feed and other social medial outlets in the past few days from my so-called American friends back in the South. It's important to state that I'm not generalizing all, as I've also seen a positive response from those Christian in the South; even including support from an amazing pastor. However, it saddens me that amongst the many rainbow-colored pictures on my feed, there is also a great deal of hatred.

What I don't understand is quite simply, this: why does gay marriage bother people so much? If you are making an unnecessary palava because you're offended by gay marriage then you seriously need to look at your own life and educate yourselves a bit. If the sole reason you feel that gay marriage is wrong because it's a sin, and the Bible tells you this is wrong, then I sure as hell hope you don't have bacon with your eggs or indulge in shrimp. Oh, or better yet, do you have any tattoos? Ever been drunk, told a white lie or been divorced? Yep, whoops. Those are all sins, too. And all sins are equal, right? I don't see anyone going off the handle because of any of these 'sins' and I most certainly don't see protests or hurtful propaganda against those. Just because you disagree with something -- and we all have the right to do so -- it is an absolute disgrace to treat the LGBT community the way you do. What if we treated all sins in this way? Bacon eaters would be doomed.

Therefore, if gay marriage or 'homosexuality' doesn't affect you personally in the way you live your life in any way, why do you feel the need to even get involved? Why worry about something that is, frankly, none of your business? For instance, I'm not divorced, but many people I know are, and I'm not going to judge them. We shouldn't judge anyone for the way they live their life. If you don't agree with gay marriage, then don't have a gay wedding. Simple.

I know what you must be thinking. If the LGBT community can protest and stand up for their rights, then why can't Christians? They have every right to stand up for what they believe in also... To a degree, yes. Christianity and gay rights will always butt-heads. Luckily, we have the Equality Act 2010 in the UK, where we've seen it in the favor of gay rights; e.g. where a gay couple were wrongly turned away from a B&B due to the owners Christian views, to in favor of Christianity; e.g. the nurse who was wrongly fired for telling her lesbian colleague she's committing a sin. I don't expect the battles to ever fully cease, but choose your battles wisely. Is this really worth your time? Could your time not be better spent with showing kindness and acceptance -- isn't that what being a Christian is truly about, rather than showing hatred? It is not your duty to judge and tell others how to live theirs to ensure your angelic conscious is clear. However, it does change the lives of the LGBT community and gives us freedom and the same rights as anyone else. This means that now my wife and I, if we ever decide to move back to the U.S., can do this freely and can move to any state. Your hatred towards this is unjust and unfair and don't even try to the quote the Bible at me; you may want to actually read it first.

To all of the haters, how would you feel if your rights were completely stripped from you because you had a divorce or because you had a baby out of wedlock, for instance? How would you like someone judging and telling you that you're going to hell because of this?

As a Christian, I wholeheartedly believe that God does not make mistakes and he would not have accidentally made millions of people (and animals) gay by chance. We are all who we are for a reason and no one should ever make you feel bad for that. If anything, my relationship with God is better than ever, and I know that I am definitely not going to hell or that my lifestyle is wrong. It's important for people to know that you can be a Christian and gay. You do not have to choose one or the other. We need more people like Christian singer Vicky Beeching, who came out as a lesbian last year, to look up to as role models.

So, my dear fellow Christians, from one Christian to another, please mind your own business and PLEASE make sure that your hands are clean before you point your finger at me and my community. Amen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/whitney-kay-bacon/so-gay-marriage-biblicall_b_7717502.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
D writer of this article shot herself in d foot. By comparing homosexuality with other sins, she has dutifully acknowledged that it is a sin. Her only reservation is that y is homosexuality getting more attention than other sins? Again, sin is sin. Whether its homosexuality or lying sin is sin. I don't c d kind of justification she is trying 2 put forth. In her estimation, God created some animals gay. If homosexuality is right, I wonder y d gay community puts in so much effort and time 2 try 2 justify it. Even animals no how 2 choose sex partners. Its unfortunate that gays will try 2 distort d facts just 2 justify their lifestyle

5 Likes

Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
.epistle of ignorance

please mods front page
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Hiploko(m): 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
Go to UKland to write this rubbish and not on nairaland. So because sin is sin we should legalize more...better stay there and do that nonsense

1 Like

Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Tinalex(f): 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
whoever the Op is.. let me say this point blank: you c'nt have religion and have total freedom. religion is like a rule book which you must abide by. you are a christian,you also made being gay synonymous with sin; you are now trying to justify your sin by saying sin is sin just like being gay and stealing. Being a christ like will never have anything to do with being gay or any other sin. so think again my dear...you can sin but being sorry,ask forgiveness and forsaking that sin is what makes you a follower of christ and a child of God. God help us all!!

3 Likes

Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 08, 2015
Tinalex:
whoever the Op is.. let me say this point blank: you c'nt have religion and have total freedom. religion is like a rule book which you must abide by. you are a christian,you also made being gay synonymous with sin; you are now trying to justify your sin by saying sin is sin just like being gay and stealing. Being a christ like will never have anything to do with being gay or any other sin. so think again my dear...you can sin but being sorry,ask forgiveness and forsaking that sin is what makes you a follower of christ and a child of God. God help us all!!
well said! The ability to repent and desist from a sin is what differentiates a true believer
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Jbravo58(m): 8:05am On Jul 08, 2015
and i would've loved to ask the writer that if He's really a Christain and Loves God, have He ever overheard God concerning the issue?
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Abimbolaile(f): 11:59am On Jul 08, 2015
voltron:

Oh please God? okay with Gay? please read your holy book well
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Heavenly102: 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
You know what this sounds like? A bunch of crap sloshing through the sewers
utter bullshii!
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by CaptainJune: 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
The writer proudly calls herself gay and christian, that is, gay christian.

What I've learnt from this:

[size=20]Never ever underestimate the Devil's power of deception.

[/size]
Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Messenger100: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
1Cor. 6:9,10;"Or do you not know that unrighteos people will not inherit God's Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually IMMORAL, IDOLATERS, ADULTLERS, MEN WHO SUBMIT TO HOMOSEXUAL ACTS, MEN WHO PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALITY, THIEVES, GREEDY PEOPLE, DRUNKARDS, REVILERS, AND EXTORTIONERS will not inherit God's Kingdom." Therefore, it is clear from this passage that there is no justification of any sin including homosexuality even as all sin is sin.

1 Like

Re: So Gay Marriage Biblically Offends You? Then You Should Read This... by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
God washed His hands off marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Shares Son's Funny Meme On Pastors' Children Making Mistakes / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Jesus Is The Only Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.