Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators (17831 Views)

Ambode Swears In Sole Administrators For All LGAs / Ambode Appoints 57 Sole Administrators For LGAs / Aregbesola To Create 31 Local Councils More In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 07, 2015
El-Rufai is impressing me by the day.....

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by sorepco(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2015
i dont know if i am to lauph or cry at the irony of most nigerians. here is a man who is doing something wrong and right or good and bad at the same time (symontaneously) and we are here praising him. A case of the more things change the more they stay the same!!!
See guys, he is giving financial autonomy to the local government (which is good); and at the same time he is appointing the chairmen!!!.....
now, are they ot going to do his bidding? he will still control them. he should have let the people elect them and give them autonomy. our politicians tend to act as lucifer, they give you something with one hand and collect it back with the other hand. a classic case of a ponzi fraud sceme......

bettercreature:
imagine! He is on a rescue mission,what a man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by anonimi: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2015
UnknownT:
Conduct LG elections and it becomes full autonomy. You don't place your stooges there in the name of sole administrators.

I thought I was the only one who saw the masquerade grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by bettercreature(m): 11:39am On Jul 07, 2015
sorepco:
i dont know if i am to lauph or cry at the irony of most nigerians. here is a man who is doing something wrong and right or good and bad at the same time (symontaneously) and we are here praising him. A case of the more things change the more they stay the same!!!
See guys, he is giving financial autonomy to the local government (which is good); and at the same time he is appointing the chairmen!!!.....
now, are they ot going to do his bidding? he will still control them. he should have let the people elect them and give them autonomy. our politicians tend to act as lucifer, they give you something with one hand and collect it back with the other hand. a classic case of a ponzi fraud sceme......

Somebody must be there before the local government election,he is not doing anything wrong,he is working at a speed of light am sure he will conduct LG election in coming months
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by anonimi: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2015
bettercreature:
Somebody must be there before the local government election,he is not doing anything wrong,he is working at a speed of light am sure he will conduct LG election in coming months

How long does it take to conduct elections for a man "working at a speed of light"

- One week
- One month
- One year

Why do we like to DECEIVE ourselves so?

So you know what we are talking about- Greece just organised a nationwide referendum in a matter of weeks.
I looked at all the Greek people and did not see a single one that had TWO heads! Not even anyone with one & a half heads! angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Userstowe: 11:45am On Jul 07, 2015
Let's see how it goes,
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by jayyjayy1(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2015
Bomb blast in sabon gari zaria kaduna Cc lalastica
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Zenfarm: 11:47am On Jul 07, 2015
Good move. Make sure that they have control of their allocation. At the sametime play and over-sight function to make sure that they utilize their allocation well.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by temitemi1(m): 11:48am On Jul 07, 2015
Well, this what the 'agents of change' are refering to as 'autonomy' grin grin
kaorama:
Sole Administrators? In a democratic society? That is alien to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2015
anonimi:

Original wayo 419.

If indeed there is autonomy, why should the governor APPOINT sole administrators

Is that how the president appoints state governors when we are NOT in a military DICTATORSHIP?

Let him organise free & fair LG elections then we can accept the autonomy proclamation as real. Not like the charade Tinubu/Fashola organised in Lagos state.
Till then it is another boju boju propaganda from APC.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2549331_apcchange_jpegd4d20108931575b4bdaecf2c20455524

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2W9iuKYbFc

Uploaded on Oct 30, 2011
This is a mobile phone video of the announcement of PDP as winners of the Badagry Central Local Government Elections with over 7000 votes. LASIEC Chairman, Justice Adeyinka later announced a different result. The lady speaking in the video is the LASIEC Returning Officer for Badagry Central on Saturday 22nd October, 2011.
Please, in the name of whatever you profess, stop quoting me.
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by leo1234(m): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2015
This is the change we are talking about. Expects to hear more of this cheesy
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by sorepco(m): 11:54am On Jul 07, 2015
somebody must be there before elections are conducted? who was there last year or even last week.....we are the future mate; forget any affiliations. lets call a fraud a fraud or these dinosaurs go spoil our future for us. give it a thought mate

bettercreature:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Nuzo1(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2015
seunmsg:
Good decision by the governor. He should please take it a step further by conducting election into the councils. Sole administrators and caretaker chairmen are not elected by the people. It will be difficult to hold them to account since they are not answerable to the people. Democratic leadership at the local government level will go a long way in ensuring quality governance at the grassroot.

I approve this message!
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by sorepco(m): 11:58am On Jul 07, 2015
my guy you talk of a matter of weeks? it was last week that they suddely said elections will be held this past sunday.....it was not even a time frame of up to 7 days of makig the decision and conducting the elections!!!

anonimi:

How long does it take to conduct elections for a man "working at a speed of light"

- One week
- One month
- One year

Why do we like to DECEIVE ourselves so?

So you know what we are talking about- Greece just organised a nationwide referendum in a matter of weeks.
I looked at all the Greek people and did not see a single one that had TWO heads! Not even anyone with one & a half heads! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Owoplenty(m): 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
siraj1402:
Partiality mod,this has ben posted since 6:36am and never make front page.Here is this one posted 10:50am and was pushed to the front page.Small time you will start saying government is corrupt,are you not?

https://www.nairaland.com/2432857/el-rufai-abolishes-joint-account-swears
coruption every where,even NL.
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by KnowAll(m): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
This one be " d more u look, d less u see!!! " El-Rufai na 419 king lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
multikolour:

Source:- ( http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/el-rufai-announces-autonomy-for-local-councils-swears-in-sole-administrators/214077/)

Nice on from D future president
Meanwhile APC leads , KOWA Follows, PDP crying
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Bflexing(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
next president in view
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by anonimi: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Please, in the name of whatever you profess, stop quoting me.

Please in the name of whatever you profess, stop posting on a PUBLIC forum.
Shhhhiiiiiiiooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2596691_2287001fbimg1428392655648jpeg8e6452e8fc80618cb1457e39f8060c8c_jpeg9548b03af350d571131109b01fbe17db
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by anonimi: 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Zenfarm:
Good move. Make sure that they have control of their allocation. At the same time play and over-sight function to make sure that they utilize their allocation well.

Kindly explain what oversight function the president has over the 36 states to make sure they utilise their allocations well
Thanks
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by anonimi: 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
KnowAll:
This one be " d more u look, d less u see!!! " El-Rufai na 419 king lipsrsealed

Just like everything from the winchious assembly called APC.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2595291_tmpdoodle1436129596118_jpeg34ccec1cca8c4094eef3df002ef0e6a5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186225_change_jpeg_jpeg94b34b227702fbe5c47290c95691a634
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by 989900: 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
El Rufai needs the CV for Aso rock so badly. I wish other governors, senators, all politicians could be as driven as he is, so we can only vote for the best of the best in our next elections. I hope the LG administrators don't let him down.

#waytogo
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
What did he want now,to be president before me? I don't think so.
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
I do not like the governor in question, but I must admit, he is setting a good precedence. Let it be model to other governors. I might change my mind to liking u sir if it's been carried out to the letter, because nigerian politicians are not to be trusted.
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by anonimi: 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
989900:
El Rufai needs the CV for Aso rock so badly. I wish other governors, senators, all politicians could be as driven as he is, so we can only vote for the best of the best in our next elections. I hope the LG administrators don't let him down.

#waytogo

duba:
I do not like the governor in question, but I must admit, he is setting a good precedence. Let it be model to other governors. I might change my mind to liking u sir if it's been carried out to the letter, because nigerian politicians are not to be trusted.

You want a DICTATOR in Aso Villa who will also appoint the 36 state governors (as administrators) just as he has done for the state LGAs?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2556503_illiterate_jpeg77b454ccc8e00141ca2cfaad1b34bc00
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by samofson: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
Please read between the lines fellow nairalanders. Appointment of Sole Administrators is not what we should be applauding. He should set up a time line for LG elections and give LG full autonomy so the can be held accountable by the people.

These appointments are just windows dressing. I want to believe that these appointments are only temporary.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by gbishman: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
those are the sort of crop of leaders we need in Nigeria now, leaders with clear vision and understanding of the plight of the people.
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by samuelson06(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
kaorama:
Sole Administrators? In a democratic society? That is alien to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I think anything that works should be adopted. The Chairmen has failed. Let's try something new.
Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by KnowAll(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
[size=18pt]Mr EL-Rufai when are you going to conduct LG Elections, that should be more paramount not this aberration. Ask fellow AP-SHIIT(Amechi) or how you can go about conducting elections. He will guide you on how it is done. This monstrosity U HAVE created is similar to IBB's "Hotch-Potch" Military President and civilian Governors!!

I can see that 419 is not only the stock-in-trade of the down & trodden but all irrespective of class[/size].

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by 1960chic(f): 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Why didn't he conduct a free and fair eletion for all local govts.

After forcing leaders down their throat, he's now forming 'MR NICE GUY'

Let's see how all of this unfolds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by otil1: 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Just showmanship

By abolishing joint acct (jaac), pls where will the fed allocation for the. Local govts be paid in? Individual LG accts abi?

What manner of autonomy where he's the appointer -all appointive posts loyal to him.

All na wash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators by limamintruth: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
bettercreature:
This man is a real deal How I wish he could replace PMB with immediate effect,PMB is the new clueless in town

You made a good point there grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto / Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail / 2023: I Won’t Be Regional President, Buhari Has Killed Nigeria – Bala Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.