Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:22 PM

How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) (61383 Views)

If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. / Do You Still Remember This Clipper? / Do You Remember Sending Files Like This ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by LydayBobo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
Those barbers were wicked in those days... turning your head and bending it. No customer service at all and go dey chew their tongue
with bold face

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by admax(m): 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
The best sleeping tablet clipper ever manufactured.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Caracta:
I was afraid of clipper so much that every trip to a barber feels like circumcision.

That's a part of my childhood I do not want to re-visit. Guys are trying abeg.

Lol. So you used to barb moromoro as a child? I can imagine your look back then. Lmao!
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by wtfCode: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
a hair plier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by LOVEGINO(m): 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
If dem say make I go babb, no b small cry ooo cuz d clipper pain die! Hahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by imieson(m): 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Beremx:
Yes I remember the clipper. Lice made my virgin hair uncomfortable and my hair was always barbed with the clipper by mobile barbers back in the early 80's.

grin grin
Oga u get lakpa lakpa be dat. Lol
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
Thank God finaly one old thing on nairaland I don't know maybe I still young after all
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by dandollaz: 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
Chaka chaka cliper those day when you demand for to streght mark beside your head
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Youceee: 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
stepo707:
Abokis still use it
u suppose knw say dose people dey 55years behind civilization grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by abbeyie007(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
olawalepopoola:
My father used to take me to Marindoti barbing saloon in Total Garden, Ibadan @ age 5 to use this clipper. It sounds like "kekekeke"
dat's true. marindoti was former chairman of oyo state barber association
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by uncutz(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
RIP Kwara barber. sorry for throwing morsel of amala at you in December 1982. I hated the way your clipper...the type op posted here hurt...that was why I threw you when I heard your voice greeting someone that dusk
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by tayolove12(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
check it on OLX you find it there
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Caracta(f): 10:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scrypt:

Lol. So you used to barb moromoro as a child? I can imagine your look back then. Lmao!

A style called "all-back" or something...all through secondary school cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by fF01(m): 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
Beremx:

I remember when my mum would apply insecticide(sheltox as it is called) on my hair to kill the lice! grin grin
hahaha.. lmao! my sista dat 1 don pass lice o!
e funny die!
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Beremx(f): 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
fF01:
hahaha.. lmao! my sista dat 1 don pass lice o! e funny die!
grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by fF01(m): 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
Keneking:
What is the name of this device?
u no sabi am?? na APPLE product!

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by fF01(m): 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
Keneking:
What is the name of this device?
u no sabi am?? na APPLE product!
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by apeakhai(m): 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Old skul
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
MosakuAW:

I remember this clipper very well.

Way back in the mid 80's when my father used to carry me and my younger ones inside his peoguote 504GL car to Baba Wasiu barbing saloon shop at Tanbon tanbon @Agege.

Whaoooo.
Oboy, u don old oo grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
Caracta:

A style called "all-back" or something...all through secondary school cheesy

All back? You mean this one? This one is actually all front. grin

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by ayusco85(m): 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
asadike:
My God! have never seen this before. na wah o.

Young lady u belong to the "indomie generation"
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Sanchez01: 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
betapikin:
If this clipper was use to barb your hair,then you are old

I could remember visiting a barber when power was erratic in the neighbourhood in the early 90s. Annoyingly, the barber would use the manual clipper anyhow and give people the impression that it was rat that nibbled my hair overnight. "Tempus Fugit" Time flies indeed. grin
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by thedio(m): 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Very well with rim base 360degree chair
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by pBuhari(f): 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
that clipper lasted till around 1996 or thereabout
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by ayusco85(m): 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
When men were boys grin

Talk true barca, u been use dis clipper?
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Still trying to figure how this thing worked
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Caracta(f): 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scrypt:

All back? You mean this one? This one is actually all front. grin

Lol. Go jor.

Not that. Afterwards, there is this "shaping" they do at the edges of the hair that feels like incisions. Mehn...ayaf suffered! cry
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
MosakuAW:

I remember this clipper very well.

Way back in the mid 80's when my father used to carry me and my younger ones inside his peoguote 504GL car to Baba Wasiu barbing saloon shop at Tanbon tanbon @Agege.

Whaoooo.

Ah........Chairman

You sef sabi Baba Wasiu? Omo this is one small world.

I wonder how that area looks like now.

Tabon Tabon. That's where my Grandparents lived when they were alive.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by peeta89(m): 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
This clipper back then was very good for skin cut. Add soap and little water to ur hair den use d clipper on it........
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by fF01(m): 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
STEVENcrack:

So it uses electric-less.

Am lost pls.
dey say d tin no dey use lighti. abi mak i still interpret am 4 swahili? abi na zulu?
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Dallaslaurel: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
mehhnn....Dat clipper
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by masqot(m): 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Remember those days when people would say "o ti pon omi fun barber" in Yoruba. That clipper could be painful sometimes. I doubt if people still remember "chair barber"? Very dirty but still wondering how those old men sleep off while rolling round.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Twerks On Her Late Babydaddy's Grave (Photos) / More Photos Of That Magic Guy Who Sat On Nothing... (photos) / Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.