Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,711 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels (3022 Views)

Banky W Advises Wizkid And Davido On Their Current Feud / Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards / 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
1) Viktoh YBNl- After hearing his Dem say track ,i knew this guy had potentials and then YBNL signed him alongside Lil Kesh.Fast forward to now, Lil kesh has Three hit singles all with nice videos to accompany them..Even Chinko Ekun and AdekunleGold who came after Him are already stars and the boss himself ,Olamide is not ready to retire with the release of constant hit singles and videos.
His Recent singles ,All my ladies ft phyno and instagram police ft small doctor and Olamide are not bad songs but was not well promoted and i know viktoh is more talented than this,just needs a better platform

2) Victoria Kimani - Since her debut into Chocolate city, the only good she has done herself is getting her names in songs like gallardo and some other songs that appreciates her beauty.Musically,though she quite talented.Her choice of record label has not been helping the Kenyan Act matters.she was not even featured on Mi chairman album. I believe with her talent,she should be on the same scale of prominence with tiwa savage and the likes.

3) Shaydee EME- i dont know whether to call it the skales fever. After an imppresive start on the Eme album,not much have been heard from the boy with the auto tune in his voice.One would think with the exit of Wizkid and Skales,he would fare better but no.His Chakam single was a heavy jam but not well promoted .I believe shaydee would have performed better if he was in TripleMg or chocolate city.Afterall,skales is doing better for himself after he left EME and joined Baseline .

4) Teshcarter- The rapper first caught me attention on the Phenom omo naija remix and then in the air ft chindinma and the solo effort on the rap track , drug baron. I bet this girl can give Eva and sashaa P a run for their money if she is well promoted . she released an album and nobody even noticed it. Leave that label and get a good label now girl.

5) Tekno Triple MG-tekno was one of the brightest artiste in Nigeria after the release of Holiday ft Davido and Onyeneku ft iceprince.Not long after, he signed with Iyanya`s TripleMG.This Guy is too dope to be in the current state he is,i mean if It was Tekno and Wizkid that were signed At EME back then,am not sure who would have become a bigger star.Aside Dance , Tekno has not really given us sumfin nice like his pre TripleMg days.He needs to get a better platform.Common ,look at what mavin is doing with reekado banks now.

6) Monica Ogah- The project fame winner just went away after that sweet breathtaking body hug song ft jmartins and another powerful song ft chindinma. And yes,she dropped an album too unnoticed. For now, i think she is the only project fame winner not really doing well for herself. Even Praiz and olawale are catching up real good.

7) All Hkn Artiste especially Danagog - Every artiste aside Davido in hkn should leave hkn .Yes. However,Danagog who seems like the most talented is not being fully Pushed.He has very huge potentials and his singles are not being pushed.. pelemo, koba are nice songs. No thanks to Davido who has been releasing singles and getting all the shows and leaving useless beats for his artists to flow on .Bred should stop his video vixen job and get serious with music as he is also quite talented.

cool Tipsy- i mean Tipsy is like the only female rapper in the yoruba rap genre of the industry aside Mskiss. And yet one wonders why tipsy is still yet to attain that level of prominence matching her talent. I can bet tipsy is more talented more than some of the yoruba male rappers sef. Go and listen to ile eru ft olamide.Tipsy needs a better platform.

9) The Triple three of Choc city ( koker , Pryse and Nosa ) - koker ,Mehn cant u learn from Brymo. As a Singer,wat are you looking for in a rappers label.After his part on Ms iye track, i knew this dude is a talent. His recent single Do something confirms the fact that he is talented.However his choice of a record label that boasts of over 4 rappers, Milli,Iceprince,Mi,jessejagz,diceailes all of whom will also want to drop singles too.Even the Beautiful singer Victoria Kimani is struggling to get there. Well, lets wait and see what ends the Journey of Koker the singer in the midst of Choc city Rappers.

Pryse - Another chocolate City artiste . Rapper. damn talent. Wonder what she still doing there at chocolate city .

Nosa- this Guy is good.but as a gospel singer under choc city rappers label. So he thinks they would promote his seemingly less lucrative act above that which nigerians wants to listen to especially when the gospel tracks are not even all this dancehall gospel tracks.. * sips top tea *

10) Orezi - you sabi since when orezi don day sprisal , how many songs he don release with no debut album.? i think his own case is still manageable as he is still churning out succesful hits.but if 2015 runs into the first quarter of 2016 with no debut album,orezi should waste no more time.

Notable mentions

Errigga paper Boi

Pheroshuwz ( boys are not smiling movement)

Imike ( project fame winner)

Godwon ( guy that did too much money with saucekid and ikechukwu)

Sojay

Rayce

Source - in DJ xclusive`s voice *it is I*

cc safarigirl,lesbianboy,hatux,2dice
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by talk2cj08(m): 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ok noted
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by 2dice(m): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
U summoned me ...
Tesh-Carter she is very Goood .. But you see Talent alone can't Get you there ...and also you need Luck by your side ....and talking about album or Not ... A single can do the Magic for an Artiste e.g Yemi Alade with her JOHNNY single **she don blow pass explosion cheesy ....some of the artiste you put there shouldn't be there ...especially the rappers ... This is Nigeria where everyone want to dance ... No one gives a fvvck about the lyrics .... That why most rappers are broke ... While only few have to start singing... Rap in Nigeria is Official dead ...

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by hatux: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
@Iamsynord, your list is okay though... But I think there are still many underrated artistes in nigeria even better than those you mentioned up there but are really underrated.... If start mentioning, the list is endless. Like we have ...

1. Ajebutter22- I just love when this guy raps, man he's so cool and I just love Ajebutter22 songs. He's good at what he does

2. Classiq - This guy raps fluently in hause dialect better than ice or any one hausa guy (you may prove me wrong), I've listened to many of this guy songs 'tracks like classiq ft rubey & jesse jags, happy by Pharell cover, tinini tanana, sama... And I must commend he's really a good and great rapper.

3. Morell - Another bad man from north, I like this man's voice I must confessed when he raps in hausa I think that was why he featured in that great movie soundtrack (half of a yellow sun). If you listened to the song, he didn't rapped but his voice came out from the background after the second hausa guy finish rapping.

4. Rayce - I mentioned this guy in your first thread, muah* here's another talent naija. He realesed his album (TCMR) last two months I think, where he had like 14 tracks, man all those tracks are bomb. The one he featured Mi, on fire ft shey shay, omoge marina, ringo, tete la (my early money prayer) and so on...

5. Phenom - Though everybody knows this guy, and y'all knows he raps better than some blown up rappers here in naija.

6. Yung L - He raps and sing, when this guy sings you groove along. He's in Grip music with guys like endia ....

7. Jhybo aka the rap woli *twaile man* - It saddens me when people who should be celebrated are not being... I've been following this guy since the day of 'Run their mouth, the remix ft cnythia *before she became a bad girl* cheesy to his latest track 'Lomo'... Jhybo raps in yoruba, but now I don't know where he'd learn hausa, he speaks hausa too.

8. Boogey

9. Terry the rapman

10. Simi

11. Etc....

You be wondering how I came up with all these, don't blame me. I'm just a lover of good music...kiss

@iamsynord, over to you man...
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by SandraDiOku(f): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
my heart bleedz for orezi lyk s much,h haz nyc songz blowing tv chanelz bt stil no album n one pety endorsment.that guy z aging fast (29yearz).may God help him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by hatux: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
2dice:
U summoned me ...
Tesh-Carter she is very Goood .. But you see Talent alone can't Get you there ...and also you need Luck by your side ....and talking about album or Not ... A single can do the Magic for an Artiste e.g Yemi Alade with her JOHNNY single **she don blow pass explosion cheesy ....some of the artiste you put there shouldn't be there ...especially the rappers ... This is Nigeria where everyone want to dance ... No one gives a fvvck about the lyrics .... That why most rappers are broke ... While only few have to start singing... Rap in Nigeria is Official dead ...
Initially, rap music dead since 1996....
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by 2dice(m): 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
hatux:
lol ... Few are keeping it up Bro ... But here in Nigeria... Rap music na One chance
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
SandraDiOku:
my heart bleedz for orezi lyk s much,h haz nyc songz blowing tv chanelz bt stil no album n one pety endorsment.that guy z aging fast (29yearz).may God help him

which endorsement sef ??
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by shadowkings: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Erigga.....i like him
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
hatux:
@Iamsynord, your list is okay though... But I think there are still many underrated artistes in nigeria even better than those you mentioned up there but are really underrated.... If start mentioning, the list is endless. Like we have ...

1. Ajebutter22- I just love when this guy raps, man he's so cool and I just love Ajebutter22 songs. He's good at what he does

2. Classiq - This guy raps fluently in hause dialect better than ice or any one hausa guy (you may prove me wrong), I've listened to many of this guy songs 'tracks like classiq ft rubey & jesse jags, happy by Pharell cover, tinini tanana, sama... And I must commend he's really a good and great rapper.

3. Morell - Another bad man from north, I like this man's voice I must confessed when he raps in hausa I think that was why he featured in that great movie soundtrack (half of a yellow sun). If you listened to the song, he didn't rapped but his voice came out from the background after the second hausa guy finish rapping.

4. Rayce - I mentioned this guy in your first thread, muah* here's another talent naija. He realesed his album (TCMR) last two months I think, where he had like 14 tracks, man all those tracks are bomb. The one he featured Mi, on fire ft shey shay, omoge marina, ringo, tete la (my early money prayer) and so on...

5. Phenom - Though everybody knows this guy, and y'all knows he raps better than some blown up rappers here in naija.

6. Yung L - He raps and sing, when this guy sings you groove along. He's in Grip music with guys like endia ....

7. Jhybo aka the rap woli *twaile man* - It saddens me when people who should be celebrated are not being... I've been following this guy since the day of 'Run their mouth, the remix ft cnythia *before she became a bad girl* cheesy to his latest track 'Lomo'... Jhybo raps in yoruba, but now I don't know where he'd learn hausa, he speaks hausa too.

8. Boogey

9. Terry the rapman

10. Simi

11. Etc....

You be wondering how I came up with all these, don't blame me. I'm just a lover of good music...kiss

@iamsynord, over to you man...

jhybo I'd the cause of his own downfall
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
shadowkings:
Erigga.....i like him

just go and hear death bed .Damn

Cc ishilove,Mynd44,air mark,lalasticlala
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by SandraDiOku(f): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Iamsynord:

which endorsement sef ??
itz fo one beting company kold merrybet lol
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by hatux: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
Iamsynord:

jhybo I'd the cause of his own downfall
How ?
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by penrobber(m): 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
Penny&Friends' network® 2015...ILORIN movement!!!
Tel/whatsapp : 07065990702 BBM: 28792CA0
IG @Penny_and_Friends_Network Twitter @PandF_Network Fbpage @fb.com/PennyandFriendsNetwork

Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by safarigirl(f): 8:48am On Jul 08, 2015
I remember Tesh Carter, totally captivated me with her single ft Chidinma. She raps far vetter than most naija male rappers, I guess she hasn't blown cuz she hasn't been in a record label that can push her out...but she's awesome cool

I'm not so much a fan of Rayce, but he's aight. He could be better though, and yes, you could say his record label is partly to blame for his lack of a proper career

Victoria Kimani, I like that song of hers, Kimani. Really nice, I think Chocolate City is more of a rap label in the likes of Bad Boy Entertainment, so singers may find it difficult to make it in that label...
Same applies to Nosa, I loved 'Pray for You'...he has an album now, but it hasn't been promoted one bit. He's too good to languish in Choc City

With Tekno, I've never thought of triple MG as a good label, the only artiste of note they have is Iyanya and even he has at best an average career, he's like a C-list artiste, the label is kinda like HKN, but HKN's biggest artiste is wayyyy bigger than Iyanya.

I agree with Phenom as well, there's just something not clicking with him, but that dude is almost as good as Vector. I loved Shukushuku bambam when it came out, haven'y heard from him since then

Dipp is another artiste that needs a change, to think there was a time he was compared to P-square and Usher. He had the looks and the steps, height and body as well...even his music was good, dunno what happened since Popoff Selecta

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2015
safarigirl:
I remember Tesh Carter, totally captivated me with her single ft Chidinma. She raps far vetter than most naija male rappers, I guess she hasn't blown cuz she hasn't been in a record label that can push her out...but she's awesome cool

I'm not so much a fan of Rayce, but he's aight. He could be better though, and yes, you could say his record label is partly to blame for his lack of a proper career

Victoria Kimani, I like that song of hers, Kimani. Really nice, I think Chocolate City is more of a rap label in the likes of Bad Boy Entertainment, so singers may find it difficult to make it in that label...
Same applies to Nosa, I loved 'Pray for You'...he has an album now, but it hasn't been promoted one bit. He's too good to languish in Choc City

With Tekno, I've never thought of triple MG as a good label, the only artiste of note they have is Iyanya and even he has at best an average career, he's like a C-list artiste, the label is kinda like HKN, but HKN's biggest artiste is wayyyy bigger than Iyanya.

I agree with Phenom as well, there's just something not clicking with him, but that dude is almost as good as Vector. I loved Shukushuku bambam when it came out, haven'y heard from him since then

Dipp is another artiste that needs a change, to think there was a time he was compared to P-square and Usher. He had the looks and the steps, height and body as well...even his music was good, dunno what happened since Popoff Selecta

You have started oo. how will you say iyanya is a C list artiste ?? A owner of a record label, headlined sold out shows in d UK , and kukere is one of naija biggest single ever
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by safarigirl(f): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2015
RaDaZaBaNa:

You have started oo. how will you say iyanya is a C list artiste ?? A owner of a record label, headlined sold out shows in d UK , and kukere is one of naija biggest single ever
C-list abeg....you'll be shocked who is in B-list smiley.....just know that Iyanya is in C-list grin

The only artistes in A-list are:
P-square.
D'banj
Tu face.
Wizkid
Davido
Tiwa Savage

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Awesomeking: 12:25am On Jul 13, 2015
If there is anyone who needs to switch labels,its ajebutter22 and B.O.J

but i also thing showdemcamp should do the same,only one semi hit and it was a hit cuz of boj's cool voice

Meanwhile,read my signature
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Awesomeking: 12:29am On Jul 13, 2015
safarigirl:

the problem with dipp is plain simple,he cant sing,he uses autotune a whole lot and all his videos then was special effects,he probably followed mex about for mex to make such great videos

pop off selekta video was great

the lyrics were nothing to write home about,dipp should shave his new found mad man beard,he no fit am,go back to that sleek beard like mr wellington
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 15, 2015
Awesomeking:
the problem with dipp is plain simple,he cant sing,he uses autotune a whole lot and all his videos then was special effects,he probably followed mex about for mex to make such great videos

pop off selekta video was great

the lyrics were nothing to write home about,dipp should shave his new found mad man beard,he no fit am,go back to that sleek beard like mr wellington

lol but Dipp was good ooo
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 15, 2015
Awesomeking:
If there is anyone who needs to switch labels,its ajebutter22 and B.O.J

but i also thing showdemcamp should do the same,only one semi hit and it was a hit cuz of boj's cool voice

Meanwhile,read my signature

Esp BOJ ,has he left DrB lasgidi
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 15, 2015
hatux:
How ?

went to Go and Start singing rubbish and nonsense He has only one style no versatile at all
Re: Top Ten Underated Nigeria Artistes That Need To Leave Their Current Labels by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 15, 2015
hatux:

lol

(1) (Reply)

Serena Williams Poses Topless For Pirelli Calendar(pictures) / Ha!! This Old Photo Of Mavin Star, Reekado Banks Will Shock You (see) - See More / Guy Attack For Posting This Picture With His Daughter Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.