Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram (33116 Views)

Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid / Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source / Igbos Have Lost Their Position In Nigeria - Dr. Samfo Nwankwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Many people are wondering why there is increased Boko Haram attacks and less military action under the administration of General Muhammadu Buhari (unlike what was obtained at the twilight of the Jonathan's administration). Please I urge readers to take their time to read this piece to find answers to many questions.

1. ACN/APC Believes BH Terrorists "Grievances" Should Be "Addressed" (Jan 1, 2012):
In reaction to the December 2011 State of Emergency declared by exPresident Goodluck Jonathan, Alhaji Lai Muhammed of ACN/APC reacted in a manner that made one ponder on his party's position in BH. First he made sense by stating that the government(of Jonathan) should tackle the root cause. However, his concluding statement rather appear as one that sympathised with the terrorists. In his own words...

‘’It is clear that the perpetrators of the violence believe they have grievances against the state, at whatever level. As unreasonable as this may seem in certain quarters, the truth is that unless these grievances are largely addressed, we will remain in the woods’’
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/mixed-reactions-trail-govts-emergency-declaration/

2. ACN/APC Never Believed In Military Action Against BH(May 2013):
While Nigerians celebrated the State of Emergency against BH in May 2013, the ACN/APC openly displayed their opposition to it and further opposed the sending of troops to tackle BH. Read Lai Muhammed's reaction
“We hereby REJECT the declaration of emergency rule in the three states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, and we call on the National Assembly to also reject it and not allow itself to be used to rubber-stamp a declaration that is largely cosmetic.
If the use of force in the affected states have failed to curtail the activities of the insurgents, why send in more troops?

APC/ACN leader Bola Ahmed Tinubu went further to say sending military against BH portends danger....

“The tenor of the state of emergency declared by the Federal Government yesterday portends danger for the polity. The full militarisation of security operations in these states will compound the already tense situation.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/reject-emergency-rule-acn-urges-nassembly/
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/acn-tinubu-sani-kick-as-nlc-nba-can-back-action/

3. Buhari Never Believed In Military Action Against BH:
April 2013

He made case for Amnesty for BH in April 2013...
“It is good that they have set up a committee on amnesty. I have not seen the terms of reference, but it is a right step in a right direction. “This is not the first time amnesty would be given to a violent group. You remember it happened in the time of Yar’Adua when he gave amnesty to militants, but whatever would bring us peace as a society, we should do it,”
www.sunnewsonline.com/new/buhari-supports-amnesty-for-boko-haram/

June 2013:
Despite the fact that Abubakar Shekau in in April 2013 rejected GEJ's negotiation proposal (as advocated by the North), despite the fact that BH carried out continuous attacks against the Nigeria State, Buhari still maintained his position that BH be flown in planes and granted "amnesty" and condemned killing of BH terrorists.

“You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua sent an airplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.
“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north are being killed and their houses demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? It is injustice.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

58 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
4. APC Don't Really See BH As Terrorists
June 2013:

In June 2013 the GEJ-led FG proscribed Boko haram and Ansaru as terrorists groups in line with Section 5 (1) of the Terrorism Prevention Act. The ACN/APC shamelessly re-echoed their opposition to the proscription by the government. They never supported the government.
July 2013:
The UK government declared BH as terrorists organisation and proscribed BH. While the government of Dr Jonathan were elated by the proscription, but the APC and Buhari said NOTHING to encourage the move (remember, the kicked against same thing just a month earlier).
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/insecurity-uk-declares-boko-haram-as-terrorist-organisation/154224/
November 2013
Following the steps of the FG (under Jonathan) and the UK, the American government proscribed Boko Haram and listed it as Foreign Terrorist Organisation (FTO). The FG (under Jonathan) again hailed the proscription, but the APC and Buhari once again went silent.
http://m.state.gov/md123085.htm
www.icirnigeria.org/fg-hails-us-designation-of-boko-haram-ansaru-as-terrorists/

5. Buhari's Commitment To Negotiate With BH:
Let us recall that Muhammadu Buhari in April and June 2013 maintained that negotiation with the terrorists is the way to end the "injustice".
Also recall that in February this year, Buhari in his Chatham House speech did a 360' by stating granting BH amnesty is unfair to the system.....

“Schools have been burnt, there is so much disruption to normal life; people cannot farm and where they are able to farm, they cannot harvest. So, granting amnesty to Boko Haram will be unfair to the system.”
www.nigerianeye.com/2015/02/no-amnesty-for-boko-haram-members-buhari.html?m=1ko
After making the statement which was different from his earlier position, Nigerians were greeted with a sigh or relief because we all thought the "General means business".
However, about four days ago, President Muhammadu Buhari tactically restated his earlier commitment to negotiate with the terrorists (and grant them amnesty) by stating that...

“Every reasonable person would want to see the end to this insurgency. So if they(BH) are willing(to negotiate), why not? You can’t rule that out.”
www..ng/2015/07/04/we-might-negotiate-with-boko-haram-fg/

6. Buhari's led Military Is Yet To Bomb BH:
Since coming to power in May 29, there has NEVER been any report of military carrying out bombing against BH. The only report was that of June 18 Chadian bombing of Boko Haram www.channelstv.com/2015/06/18/chad-military-bombs-boko-haram-bases-in-nigeria/
Recall that Buhari has never supported the Jonathan's government military onslaught against BH.

Why then are Nigerians crying that the military under the Buhari led APC government is being lukewarm in this fight against Bh? Some of us had earlier warned Nigerians before the election on the position of APC/Buhari on Boko Harm.
https://www.nairaland.com/2192450/chronicle-apc-positions-boko-haram#31550176.

I sympathise with Nigerians especially with brothers in the North. We shall continue to cry until the government wake up to their responsibilities.

God Bless Us All
Ramadan Kareem To Muslim Faithfuls

229 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Firefire(m): 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
"If the medicine given to a patient has not cured his or her illness, is it not futile to prescribe more of the same medicine for the patient?

If the declaration of a state of emergency in 15 local government areas in four states in 2011 has not curbed the activities of the insurgents, why extend such measure to other areas?

If the use of force in the affected states have failed to curtail the activities of the insurgents, why send in more troops" ? Lie Mohammed

I do not expect Buhari to relocate the Military Command to Maiduguri and APC celebrating same if their spokesman earlier made the above comments.

’We reiterate our earlier statements that the Boko Haram crisis has its roots in years of bad governance that have produced an army of unemployed, unemployable, disenchanted and demoralized youths who are now ready hands and willing tools for those seeking to perpetrate violence. The unprecedented corruption across the land, as well as injustice and extra-judicial killings are also fuelling this crisis,’’ ACN said

Now listen to BAT:

Tinubu said though the country is adrift with the ship of state rudderless as insurgents have unleashed ferocious attacks on all parts of the country, particularly in Borno and Yobe, the uncoordinated approach adopted by the government betrays a grossly incompetent disposition, which is at variance with the realities in the country.

Can we simply direct the bolded to Buhari please ?

Proscribing Boko Haram, Ansaru wrong, says ACN (Lie Mohammed)

[size=18pt]Posterity will judge ACN now APC including the mouthed Alhaji Lie Mohammed for all his wicked, malicious and baseless attacks against our gallant soldiers and for playing 'dirty politics' with Nigeria security. [/size] angry

89 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by PPAngel(f): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Only a change chanting, broom wielding Janjawiid zombie will not see that Buhari is first and foremost the commander n chief of Boko Haram.

Any bastard that quotes me should remember that you fools blamed Jonathan for being behind Boko Haram.

164 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by siraj1402(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
So gradually the fools have started with this government also?Lets wait and see what become of us in the next 4 years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Iceking1(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Its so shocking, were are we going in this country... Smh for dis Administration, bcus i whole heartedly ignored my ss brother and voted 4 President Buhari, thinking i was voting for change, may Jona 4give me for voting against him.... It is well

134 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by menesheh(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Buhari is a confused fellow because of the present complexity of steering the affairs of Nigerian state. Looking at it from a little distance, he thought it is 1+1=2 problem but it will soon finally dawn on him.

The literacy level in this part of the world is pretty much uncalled for in the sense we lack some logical and critical reasoning in the context of choosing a leader. Buhari on a normal is never fit and doesn't have those criterias to push 21st century Nigeria forward.

My happiness is that as far as the menace of Boko Haram continued unabated under his watch, GEJ will always be vindicated.

His new policies that are distinctive (noticeable different) from GEJ's on the issue of boko haram are so bizarre and unconventional.

I pray not but if continue this way, we all, will one day cry "had we know"

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Arch1: 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
I supported a Buhari presidecy but i have stated severally(check my previous posts), Buhari CANNOT end the insurgency in the NorthEast.

The Boko Haram/ISWAP insurgency is more dire than we know. There are Boko Haram memebers all over West Africa, there are Boko Haram memebers in all the 36 states of Nigeria. This has nothing to do about APC or PDP

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by doublewisdom: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
Interesting.
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by mrpackager(m): 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
cool

like seriously ..... I still don't get what these BH group are after self .............

APC .....with their brooms shouting change!!!! like its a day job or something's that. can be done over night ,criticizing Gej led PDP governments

APC campaign was like .....Oh! Nigerians these PDP government ain't doing anything at all undecided
*********************************†**************

Gej last six weeks in office ? I thought that has wreaking this BH people ......Not knowing that they went for reinforcements

Well I pray with time sha ....President Muhammad buhari delivers and bring us the change we voted for

God bless Nigeria
God bless Nigerians
God bless Pmb
God bless gej

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by frodobee: 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
Frodobee :

He promised to end the menace riding on the hopes that he can rail his men to order, but the ewu gambia is shocked, because his ewu followers because you can cure a mad man of his madness but not his occasional murmurings.

When you tell them BH is GMB and GMB is BH they rant.

If Thievenubu doesn't get what he wants in this govt then a different kind of BH will emerge.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by lilmaaxfidel: 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
[left][/left]
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by uniklinkum(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
The nation is in deep trouble and you blockheads are busy slinging your pdp and apc bullsiiit. Anyways when the drama comes to a city near you,all the nonsense partisanship and rubbish epistles won't save you.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by PPAngel(f): 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
The AirForce has been grounded and Buhari has given explicit order that any major offensive by the military on Boko Haram must first get his final approval.

Since being sworn in the idiot has refused to approve any major offensive and with the military brass relocated to the NE communicating with Buhari has bern cumbersome.

Buhari is shielding Boko Haram and he will soon grant them amnesty for their role in distabilizing the former govt and for doing some good work in ridding the northwest of kafirs .

Buhari you will eventually pay for all the blood you have spilt.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
God help Nigeria
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by dayo23(f): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
State of the Nation Nigeria:

President = Not Existing

Vice President = Partially existing

Citizens = Totally in a Confused State

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
Front PAGE!

Lalasticlala.

Ccollins. I told u, but u were forming don Jazzy. Now he's done it again. Your words were just waste of mb and water on a rock!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by PPAngel(f): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
uniklinkum:
The nation is in deep trouble and you blockheads are busy slinging your pdp and apc bullsiiit. Anyways when the drama comes to a city near you,all the nonsense partisanship and rubbish epistles won't save you.

You think we are all cowards like you.

I got my shotgun ready to split any boko ligaments

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
What we have is a dormant gov't. They busy licking accis and ranting nonsense about winning war against bokoharam. To my surprise, most of the foolish Sai Baba chanters I even gave as friends have all gone to extinct. Hardly do I hear 'em talk about the sluggishness and idleness of this present gov't. Hypocrisy at its peak.

22 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by uniklinkum(m): 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
PPAngel:

You think we are allo cowards like you.

I got my shotgun ready to split any boko ligaments

Goodluck with that no one give shiit. I am thousand miles away from the madness happening in the country. you all can keep up with your foolishness.

6 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Idrismusty97(m): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS WAS BARCANISTA BEFORE HE WAS PAID PEANUTS TO DEFECT TO PDP

6:36pm On Dec 12 , 2014
barcanista:
PDP Chairman is an Inlaw to a Terrorist...

PDP is BokoHaram- Azazi

Boko Haram are my siblings- Jonathan

Boko Haram are Freedom Fighters- Ambassador @ large and Fmr PDP Chairman
6:28pm On Jan 04, 2014
barcanista:
These people are funny. They have reverted back to boko haram from the certificate nonsense. They are yet to realise that the resolve of majority of Nigerians to return General Muhammadu Buhari to pÓwer is non-negotiable. Very soon they will say Buhari is responsible for the rise of ISIS in the Middle East or Buhari is the one that masterminded september 11 attack. Clueless sycophants
12:41pm On Oct 27 , 2014
barcanista:
PDP led Govt negotiating with PDP led bokoHaram

Feb 14th will be a day of reckoning

5:40pm On Dec 31 , 2014
barcanista:
Firstly, it is a shame that the security situation has become so bad to such a level where people live in fear. I understand the failure of the Jonathan led government, and I want a change of baton come 2015. However, I find it condemnable and shameful that some Nigerians will express concern for their safety just because of driving a bus belonging to Jonathan campaign to Kano. No Nigerian should live in fear! No Nigerian life should be threatened or cut short because of association with a political group that is constitutionally recognized. The constitution grants every one right to association, expression and movement. The onus lies on PDP led federal government to provide security to all Nigerians and bring to justice anyone that causes trouble. I am 100% sure that the amiable general Muhammadu Buhari, a man of peace that he is will not endorse such attack.

Act Right
Vote Buhari2015
2:11am On Dec 24 , 2014
barcanista:
Thank you. No development can be experienced by a society that is plagued with insecurity and corruption. This is the basic reason we are yearning for the return of Muhammadu Buhari. As for the economy, his fiscal policies, executive discipline and political will to implement policies which he has shown in the past will be replicated and even surpass his past record. Remember that the amiable General is very good at delegating task to competent technocrat to execute government programmes while he provides oversight and leadership.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Ama80(f): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
I wish Apc d best of luck. grin
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
The relocation of military command centre and the dismantling of military check points were dumb moves, which may have aided the renewed boko haram attacks. If care is not taken boko haram may attack that military command centre just to prove how stupidd the idea was

27 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by 5p1naz(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Spot on
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by jonezz(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
God help 9ja, the struggle to flush Boko Haram ain't easy at all
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by UnknownT: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
This one go pass 10 pages dis one wey e enta FP immediately e drop grin

3 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Arch1: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
PPAngel:
calm down young man. There are Boko Haram memebrs all over the 36 states of Nigeria. They are even here on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by lekjons(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
confusing!!
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by sweatlana: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by ayusco85(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by ichidodo: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
There is a high level secret intelligience stage craft at play here and it is all geared into undoing all of GEJ work on BH by BH taking advantage of the slow nature of Dullardo 's govt - and also his rampant witch hunting in the one agency required to cut down BH logistics to pre-empt any high level terrorist activity, The SSS, now we have low morale in the agency - to recoup tactical losses thus sending a message out to prospective foot soldiers, sponsors, co-islamic allies like Isis, alshabab that they are a force to contend with....
You must marvel at the delicate synchronization btw Dullardo and BH... . at some point Dullardo used BH to ride himself to power, now it seem it is BH's turn to run an Islamic Caliphate in West Afri ca on behalf of slowpoke dullardo.. All at the detriment of gullible electorate who thieffnubu ' media propaganda machinery has hoodwinked with the' change 'Mantra.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by hazyfm: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
hmmm... BACANISTA AGAIN

How long will you continue to use the military against boko haram, While i am not against deploying the military against Boko haram, I also think govt needs to use other measures, such as amnesty and negotiations.

The previous Negotiation did not work, because govt was not sincere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut / Heavy Rainfall As President Buhari Boards Jet 'Eagle 1' To Jos From Calabar (Pic / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.