Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Today In History: Nigeria And Britain Ends 2-day Diplomatic Standoff - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Today In History: Nigeria And Britain Ends 2-day Diplomatic Standoff (540 Views)

Standoff Between Soldiers And ECOWAS Forces At The Gambian State House. Photos / Effects Of Britain Leaving The EU / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today In History: Nigeria And Britain Ends 2-day Diplomatic Standoff by tunderoc(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
31 years ago today Nigeria and Britain ends a 2-day diplomatic standoff as a result of the failed attempt to smuggle Mr Dikko back into Nigeria in a crate marked diplomatic baggage..read full story and more on today in Nigeria's history
http://duketunde..com/2015/07/today-in-history-nigeria-and-britain.html?m=0
Re: Today In History: Nigeria And Britain Ends 2-day Diplomatic Standoff by kolatobs(m): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
THANK GOD
Re: Today In History: Nigeria And Britain Ends 2-day Diplomatic Standoff by bisten14: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
grin
Re: Today In History: Nigeria And Britain Ends 2-day Diplomatic Standoff by JBismarck(m): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hmm, I remember the Umaru Dikko saga vividly and I think we young Nigerians need piece of news like these to enrich us. Don't be surprised I said I remember vividly, I studied History and International Relations.

Cc. Lalasticlala cc. Ishilove FP please.
Re: Today In History: Nigeria And Britain Ends 2-day Diplomatic Standoff by tunderoc(m): 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
@JBismarck you're very right..we need to learn more of history of who we truly are as Nigerians and events that helped shape our country..many don't even Umaru Dikko now
Re: Today In History: Nigeria And Britain Ends 2-day Diplomatic Standoff by old2boy(m): 2:31am On Jul 08, 2015
The success of that plan and eventual trial of powerful Dikko would av killed corruption in Nigeria. Sadly the failure opened gates to massive siphoning of Nigeria‘s wealth and escape of looters to enjoy stolen funds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today In History: Nigeria And Britain Ends 2-day Diplomatic Standoff by tunderoc(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Does This Woman Look/sound Like A Former Minister? / Horrific Crash Claims 32 Lives In South Africa / Somalis Government Bans Christmas Celebration-BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.