Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE (15397 Views)

Hilarious Story Of Nigerian Man Divorcing Wife In US Because She's A Witch / Divorcing Man Applies For Custody Of His Wife’s Breasts / "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
ayotoyin:
Ma, what is his discipline? and other interests or skills? Can you send number to my mail add so i can call you for a chat. Peace.
whenever I try to write you on ur mail, it say I have sent too many anonymous mail already. I don't understand oo.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Kimoni: 8:19am On Jul 09, 2015
thelish:
thanks for ur wisdom. you read like him but understood better, that is because u are wise. after some words of encouragement here, I feel OK n light. my husband even asked the reason for the happy mood unlike yesterday.

Glad you feel much better now. It's okay to vent once in a while wink

Stay positive dear

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by ayotoyin(f): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2015
thelish:
whenever I try to write you on ur mail, it say I have sent too many anonymous mail already. I don't understand oo.

ma, what's your e-mail add?
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by limamintruth: 10:21am On Jul 09, 2015
Timbuktou:

smiley

Love, by DEFINITION is unconditional... wink

In practice, its not unconditional..

We generally 'fall' in love with someone for a biased reason (i.e cos that someone pleases us in some way). That is why you cannot love what you dislike.

A person cannot just love another for no reason. It has to be cos one feels the other will somewhat be a plus to his life or positively complement him/her in some way. And that in itself is being biased. cool

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2015
ayotoyin:

ma, what's your e-mail add?
jennykays20@gmail. com. Thank u ma
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2015
limamintruth:

We generally 'fall' in love with someone for a biased reason (i.e cos that someone pleases us in some way). That is why you cannot love what you dislike.

A person cannot just love another for no reason. It has to be cos one feels the other will somewhat be a plus to his life or positively complement him/her in some way. And that in itself is being biased. cool
u are so right. if not we will fall in love with whosoever we come across. there are some features we just like n some we dislike.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by ayotoyin(f): 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
thelish:
jennykays20@gmail. com. Thank u ma

Ma, have sent you a mail, kindly check and revert back to me through the mail address/Phone no.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
limamintruth:

Then it is no longer love, is it? Call it something else.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Kimoni:

Glad you feel much better now. It's okay to vent once in a while wink
Stay positive dear
thanks dear.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by limamintruth: 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Timbuktou:

Then it is no longer love, is it? Call it something else.

Lol, Its still same LOVE bro.
But there has to be a reason in your favour or pleasing to you that will ignite that love. Thats just what I mean.

thelish:
u are so right. if not we will fall in love with whosoever we come across. there are some features we just like n some we dislike.

Yea
We all do look out for something(s) in someone(irrespective of how irrelevant it may seem to be) smiley
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
limamintruth:

But there has to be a reason in your favour or pleasing to you that will ignite that love. Thats just what I mean.

Yea
We all do look out for something(s) in someone(irrespective of how irrelevant it may seem to be) smiley
lol
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
limamintruth:

Yea

It's not love, it's just mere attraction which could easily turn to repulsion.

If this OP truly loved this guy, she'd do everything to help him get back his confidence, but alas, she's all but ready to bail.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by limamintruth: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
Timbuktou:

If this OP truly loved this guy, she'd do everything to help him get back his confidence, but alas, she's all but ready to bail.

Trust me, she is only being human.
'For better & for worse' is not always as easy as it sounds.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
limamintruth:

Trust me, she is only being human.
'For better & for worse' is not always as easy as it sounds.

Ain't we all?

That's why it's a covenant, an oath, a vow; not some flippant statement you make because you're in the mood and the going is good. wink

Truly, I commend her for even staying this long, she even sold food at a point, much respect for that. Many men have not had a tenth of her husband's luck in today's world.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Chidoks(f): 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
before marrying him i believe you must have noticed he was lazy yet you went on with the whole marriage process right?
i do not support divorce so do not divorce him.i believe you must have felt you could change him so intensify your effort at changing him.talk to him as often as possible.love him more too.make sure you dont disresprct him .exploit his weakness positively.beg him .cry even if it means shedding fake tears but no divorce pls na your market...
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Timbuktou:

my dear, I love him n I will still love him. am not bailing out OK? I said I was confuse n frustrated, hence this.... and I regret using d word divorce. thank u.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 10, 2015
thelish:
my dear, I love him n I will still love him. am not bailing out OK? I said I was confuse n frustrated, hence this.... and I regret using d word divorce. thank u.

Alright, sweety. Nairaland isn't going anywhere, though.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 6:10am On Jul 10, 2015
Timbuktou:

Alright, sweety. Nairaland isn't going anywhere, though.
lol. funny u.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 10:06am On Jul 10, 2015
jossy26:

I tell you bro, people come to nairaland with one sided story and may be it's even a 15yr old girl will be advising married woman how to run her home and divorce her husband cos he doesn't have job.
you can go ahead and divorce him I bet you that guy will get a good job immediately you take that action maybe na you dey block the guy progress sef
I mine also blocking urs?* I must talk*
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Saraha1(f): 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
It is well. Very very soon the storm will be over, just keep believing and work towards achieving your goal.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
Goldenboy007:
If he is lazy and finding work is that easy, how come you are jobless too? Una no get job una born pikin? People and their mentality !

You need to take a class in comprehension and commonsense!

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
PastorJohnny:

You need to take a class in comprehension and commonsense!
God bless u sir for wisdom.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
thelish:
God bless u sir for wisdom.

I have a very close relative who is in your kind of situation. It's a saddening ordeal for her presently. She wants a divorce so badly. But for my faith in the Scriptures, I would long have sanctioned her decision. The man in question is young, has a Masters Degree but he is a lazy slob. My cousin in question takes care of her family 100% with two kids. She has to also rely on family support once in a while. Presently I am the only one in the entire family telling her to pause with any move towards a divorce. I fear GOD more than losing the transient gains and pleasure of this life of pilgrimage.

My lady, I feel your pain that's why I won't rant like those "kids" screaming "stand by him," "remember the past," "don't divorce him," and all worthless gibberish. I encourage you to try as much as you can to keep your family going. Keep in touch with your extended family for psychological solace and emotional comfort. And please speak with a competent counsellor on a regular basis.

Tell your husband to join you in your current food business. The LORD blesses a man with what he does and not what he dreams about.

The joy of the LORD is your strength!

10 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 4:30am On Jul 11, 2015
PastorJohnny:

I have a very close relative who is in your kind of situation. It's a saddening ordeal for her presently. She wants a divorce so badly. But for my faith in the Scriptures, I would long have sanctioned her decision. The man in question is young, has a Masters Degree but he is a lazy slob. My cousin in question takes care of her family 100% with two kids. She has to also rely on family support once in a while. Presently I am the only one in the entire family telling her to pause with any move towards a divorce. I fear GOD more than losing the transient gains and pleasure of this life of pilgrimage.

My lady, I feel your pain that's why I won't rant like those "kids" screaming "stand by him," "remember the past," "don't divorce him," and all worthless gibberish. I encourage you to try as much as you can to keep your family going. Keep in touch with your extended family for psychological solace and emotional comfort. And please speak with a competent counsellor on a regular basis.

Tell your husband to join you in your current food business. The LORD blesses a man with what he does and not what he dreams about.

The joy of the LORD is your strength!
hmmmmm. am filled up sir, what more can I ask for?, thanks for ur understanding. u know it is he who wears the shoe, that knows where pinches exactly. it is well
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2015
UPDATE: House, my husband has gotten a nice job ooo. Though still look like am dreaming, but its true. We have conquered. Years of suffering are over. This is a new journey all together. Can't really express my gratitude to God enough and to the good people of this section. God bless u guys for ur words of encouragement and support.
Cc: ayotoyin, tearoses, kimoni, cococandy,marvellousGod, Acidiosis, enyijuege, mamaflex. .................. Can I really list everyone? nooo, But the truth is, I appreciate everyone here. #ilovethisfeeling# Its not been easy for the past 7yrs of unemployment. God bless my home.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 27, 2015
^^^^^^, yeah, that's more like it... smiley smiley
Wish you more happiness... Good thing you stood by him....

Indeed after darkness comes light smiley
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by nasha1(f): 10:25am On Aug 27, 2015
You see?Patience is a virtue,always remember that no condition is permanent.That nice man could have met another lady who would have enjoyed the benefits if you left him,and you will be busy with your food business while single.
Marriage is for better for worse unless you are facing death,always remember to fight for what you want and never quit especially when it comes to a spouse.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by bukatyne(f): 10:37am On Aug 27, 2015
thelish:
UPDATE: House, my husband has gotten a nice job ooo. Though still look like am dreaming, but its true. We have conquered. Years of suffering are over. This is a new journey all together. Can't really express my gratitude to God enough and to the good people of this section. God bless u guys for ur words of encouragement and support.
Cc: ayotoyin, tearoses, kimoni, cococandy,marvellousGod, Acidiosis, enyijuege, mamaflex. .................. Can I really list everyone? nooo, But the truth is, I appreciate everyone here. #ilovethisfeeling# Its not been easy for the past 7yrs of unemployment. God bless my home.

Beautiful Beautiful ending

God continually bless your home.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by bukatyne(f): 10:37am On Aug 27, 2015
Na wa for this thread

Humans will always see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 10:51am On Aug 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Beautiful Beautiful ending
God continually bless your home.
Thank u ma. God bless urs too.
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by moski5(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2015
Op CONGRATULATIONS

I just found this thread and I did what I haven't done in awhile Read through everything

Since you have gotten what your heart desired No need to drop my 2cents lol

I'd say this though Stay prayer

Expand your food Business if you are passionate about it There's big money in it

Stay blessed
Re: I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE by thelish(f): 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
moski5:
Op CONGRATULATIONS

I just found this thread and I did what I haven't done in awhile Read through everything

Since you have gotten what your heart desired No need to drop my 2cents lol

I'd say this though Stay prayer

Expand your food Business if you are passionate about it There's big money in it

Stay blessed
Thank u so much. I appreciate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children / Would you leave your husband/wife to marry your long-lost first and true love? / He Is A Womaniser, Will He Make My Mother Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.