Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) (36115 Views)

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) / Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward Complains ” This Is Not The Nigeria I Was Expecting” / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
waow... this is a bit disappointing.. maybe he came during the off-season.. no boko boyz, no kidnappers, no corrupt policemen, no touts and corrupt airport officials, no stolen baggage, no thieving hotel staff.. i need to know what month and week this was grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by aspirebig: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Thank God he was well protected by God first, before these armed police .

Supposing, he was kidnapped, or had malaria, or was robbed, shot, or his luggage stolen, this story wouldnt have been this interesting.

However, good write up, anyway. In reality, majority of those whites guys writing bad things about Nigeria, have never been to Naija before.... Even their country is not as rich as Nigeria, just that they have better system working for them.They just conclude by what they see on CNN about BH, kidnappers, 419, high unemployment rate, high crime rate, etc.

No doubt that Nigeria is way behind technologically as compared to the western world, which is purely due to the greed and high level corruption of our leaders, our own lack of patrotism, no maintenance cultures, bad leadership, having incompetent people without good skills in sensitive positions, etc, Nigeria has grown too over time.

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Ishilove: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
''It began to feel as though we had our own troupe of heavily armed cheerleaders"

My favourite line cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by no2fuks(m): 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
This was quite an introduction to what, I began to realise, was one of the most friendly countries I have been to. This is a genuine friendliness; it is not a means to get to know you and rip you off.
Big big lie
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by jaymichael(m): 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
millionaireman:

Nearly half of Delta state is Igbo land. Cry me a river, you apostle of divide and rule, crude oil patriot of one Nigeria. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Half of Delta state is Igbo land? wetin person no go hear for this forum. What else remains for the Isokos, Urhobos, Itshekiris Ijaws et al?

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Visocrate(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
the oyibo no snap pishure to sow us ni just dey talk ingrish abi

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by jaymichael(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
millionaireman:

Nearly half of Delta state is Igbo land. Cry me a river, you apostle of divide and rule, crude oil patriot of one Nigeria. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Half of Delta state is Igbo land? wetin person no go hear for this forum. What else remains for the Isokos, Urhobos, Itshekiris Ijaws et al?

Deltans, The Igbos say na them get half of una land o!
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by ritux: 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
Stale news stale post.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by millionaireman: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:
No, my papa land dey for Ile-Yoruba. Ibadan mesiogor
Proudly SW.
MY tribesmen extends some parts of Igbira, Edo, Delta, to the east, the fon, Ajase in Benin Republic, the Agoyin in Togo, the Ewe in Ghana, and a significant population in Cote d ivoire.
You will never see a True blood Yoruba claim these lands as part of our territory even though we are closely related.

Because Fulan dealth a big blow to your tribe, put its religion into your mouth, got you scattered - never to be united again.

5 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by kechywillz(m): 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nice one,only say our leaders no dey try for us,if not,white ppl for full dis country.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by hyfr(m): 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:
No, my papa land dey for Ile-Yoruba. Ibadan mesiogor
Proudly SW.
MY tribesmen extends some parts of Igbira, Edo, Delta, to the east, the fon, Ajase in Benin Republic, the Agoyin in Togo, the Ewe in Ghana, and a significant population in Cote d ivoire.
You will never see a True blood Yoruba claim these lands as part of our territory even though we are closely related.
I wonder y you are telling me all these, I ask you?

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by STEVENcrack(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lovely article, it left me totally poignant.
I guess his initial anticipation was defeated. Not his fault but that of CNN and BBC that have nothing good to say abt Nigeria.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Mordyb: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
O
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Mordyb: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
if the white dude was expecting people to welcome him like a god in Abuja then he is on a long thing. Abuja peeps don't care if you are white or even Beyonce

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Lovelynature(m): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:
@op, Delta state don be Igbo land?
Though he visited Anambra, the account is based mostly upon his experience in Delta state.
And what do you mean? What do you call Asaba if not Igbo land. Believe it or not, the Igbos in Delta State are more than other tribes. From Asaba to Agbor remains Igbo Land. FACT.

8 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Bnladan(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

http://jide-salu.com/2013/09/17/david-hayward-a-former-bbc-boss-writes-about-his-experiences-travelling-to-nigeria-in-not-all-that-fails-to-glitter-is-bad-my-impressions-about-nigeria/
Dats wat a honest southerner who visited d north says. I mean no disrespect, but many of d southerners are being brainwashed with d idea of d north being a slaughter ground and war field. Not many states are affected by BH. In my state we hv never experienced any religious or tribal conflict. So applies 2 many states in d north. My people are accommodating and welcoming. Ask d Igbos living in Sokoto what a happy life dey live. So until 1 visits a place, he'll never knw wat dat place is lyk. May our Nation move forward nd grow to greater height.

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by millionaireman: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:

Deltans, The Igbos say na them get half of una land o!

Nearly half -
. go school, you no green go. You left the nearly which I used.

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
so asaba no be igboland again,oboy many village boy full nairaland

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by no2fuks(m): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
dnative:

Seriously what were folks expecting him to write? He's been commissioned for media consultancy work and would hardly be expected to emphasize the negatives about Nigeria. He's got a business and needs to make profit whichever way you look at it.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
pls Google asaba if you no know
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:

Vex go kill this yoruba people O! See vexation unto tribe. Yorubas are truily the most tribalistic

9 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:
Though he visited Anambra, the account is based mostly upon his experience in Delta state.

don't mind Igbos....always claiming other peoples property......no wonder ijaws did it back to them
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by plaetton: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
plaetton:
Who is the brainless I. D. iot that posted this?

This story is more than one year old, and was about his experience in Nigeria. He made no specific mention of Igboland, and neither did he try to show that any part of the country was better than the other.

This thread was posted just for the sake of mischief by a bigotted, low self-esteemed bas-tArd.
most of the place He visited is igboland (Nigeria )so no need for the insults

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

don't mind Igbos....always claiming other peoples property......no wonder ijaws did it back to them
Asaba is igbo land. The new governor of delta state is ifeanyi (igbo name) okowa.

Go to hell.

6 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
Largas:
Asaba is igbo land. The new governor of delta state is ifeanyi (igbo name) okowa.

Go to hell.

asaba is edo....benin kingdom...... cheesy...hausas have arab names....does that make them arab

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by leofab(f): 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:
Asaba na Ijaw Land?

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by kodlins(f): 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
Wow. This is so humorous and lovely.

Onitsha is one hell of a place to be in. I have had a thousand near misses since I started visiting the town.

Uniquely Nigerian though

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

asaba is edo....benin kingdom...... cheesy...hausas have arab names....does that make them arab

U are a familiar character on this site with multiple moniker, get over yourself and quit reasoning from your anus. Y do u live, eat and sleep tribalism?

Why do u people cause trouble in Nigeria and tell blatant lie? Why?

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

your online rants won't stop asaba from being igbo land.

bye

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The New Face Of Oyingbo BRT Park - Photos / Prototype And Live Pictures Of Yaba BRT Terminus / Driver Falls Off Ogudu Bridge In Lagos After Horrific Motor Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.