Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:58 PM

Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) (36048 Views)

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) / Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward Complains ” This Is Not The Nigeria I Was Expecting” / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by kodlins(f): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
How is Asaba Edo??
I bet some people writing these things have never been to Anioma.
Eshinwaju:

asaba is edo....benin kingdom...... cheesy...hausas have arab names....does that make them arab

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by IYANGBALI: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
Op who wroted this for you?
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

asaba is edo....benin kingdom...... cheesy...hausas have arab names....does that make them arab
bros go to asaba and tell dem dey are not igbos u maybe lynched

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by francisbiz: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
shachris:
All those things were built by an URHOBO man. Just so you don't start screaming Biafra.
The airport, viewing centers were constructed by Gov E. Uduaghan; an Ishekiri man, not urhobo. STOP MISINFORMING!
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
justirich:
Op must be high on something. stop associating delta state with Igboland. If you are looking for extra landmass for your proposed Biafra, you have failed. We have not forgotten how you people treated other Deltans during the brief occupation before federal forces liberation. Asaba, Warri and Oghara are in Delta state, South-south zone. Thanks

Nzeogwu, the initiator of the 'Igbo' coup was from Okpanam, a town northwest of Asaba.
Ahaba has existed for thousands of years, a less than 50 year old region creation can not define it.

3 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
check out zik's interview....he opined that his people r from benin....iboes need to stop claiming other people's land.. angry

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
kodlins:
How is Asaba Edo?? I bet some people writing these things have never been to Anioma.
most are yorubas so no vex

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by murmee: 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
[quote author=jaymichael post=35595467]@op, Delta state don be Igbo land?
Though he visited Anambra, the account is based mostly upon his experience in Delta state. [/quote. Thank God he did not visit Abia state.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
francisbiz:

The airport, viewing centers were constructed by Gov E. Uduaghan; an Ishekiri man, not urhobo. STOP MISINFORMING!

Even at that, can Delta match Akwaibom?
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
presher:
bros go to asaba and tell dem dey are not igbos u maybe lynched

my asaba friends claim benin....not iboe.... cry
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Yet another thread derailed by a Yoruba tribalist. smh!

5 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
unstableaswater:

U are a familiar character on this site with multiple moniker, get over yourself and quit reasoning from your anus. Y do u live, eat and sleep tribalism?

Why do u people cause trouble in Nigeria and tell blatant lie? Why?

which monikers...are u ok....there is only one horse in front (eshinwaju).... shocked

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:
check out zik's interview....he opined that his people r from benin....iboes need to stop claiming other people's land.. angry
so zik is now the asagba of asaba obi chike edozien

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by unstableaswater: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

U are a foool for derailing this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by alphalpha(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
[/b]Now, I can’t be sure, but I don’t think the iphone 5 I was offered for N5000 (about £20) was as genuine as it could be. All of this was done with great fun and humour. If you chose to, you could buy everything you needed from your car. If you didn’t, that was fine too.[b]
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by wiseoneking: 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:
@op, Delta state don be Igbo land?
Though he visited Anambra, the account is based mostly upon his experience in Delta state.

take note, it is asaba. delta state is not igbo but asaba is igbo. he did not say delta state. read with utmost comprehension. go and tell Asagba of Asaba, prof chike edozien that he is not not an igbo man and if he will not take you to the psychia.

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

oga am in onitsha asaba is like my home, nobody in asaba or it's Environ that claims benin,come to asaba and innvestigate

5 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by ted1741: 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
Satirical, comical, stupendously stimulating, intellectually challenging and to crown it all, hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
jaymichael:
@op, Delta state don be Igbo land?
Though he visited Anambra, the account is based mostly upon his experience in Delta state.

No! Delta State is not Iboland...It is yorubaland!! Ewu

5 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:

Initially Anioma royalty could have been from Bini but the people themselves are not from Igbo per se but are intrinsically Igbos themselves.
We don't come from Igbo, we are Igbos.

I have, with an unbiased open mind researched on the origin of Anioma, stories that link Anioma to bini only explain that the some certain bini prince with some soldiers settled on some land but would ignore the aboriginal settlers therein.

Why should Bini people leave the confines of their city to settle in where is now called Anioma?

Some anioma communities had rulers that bore the title of Enogie or Ogie but now these rulers bear Obi.
It shows that the aboriginal Igbos in Anioma couldn't allow their leaders bear foreign titles.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
fr3do:

Initially Anioma royalty could have been from Bini but the people themselves are not from Igbo per se but are intrinsically Igbos themselves.
We don't come from Igbo, we are Igbos.

I have, with an unbiased open mind researched on the origin of Anioma, stories that link Anioma to bini only explain that the some certain bini prince with some soldiers settled on some land but would ignore the aboriginal settlers therein.

Why should Bini people leave the confines of their city to settle in where is now called Anioma?

Some anioma communities had rulers that bore the title of Enogie or Ogie but now these rulers bear Obi.
It shows that the aboriginal Igbos in Anioma couldn't allow their leaders bear foreign titles.
oga even in akwukwu igbo some migrated from Benin
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
presher:
oga am in onitsha asaba is like my home, nobody in asaba or it's Environ that claims benin,come to asaba and innvestigate

Asaba's Oshimili rhymes with Onitsha's Idemili more than Warri or Ughelli.

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Eshinwaju: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
The average asaba.......man will tell u he is from Benin......YouTube is ur friend.....even their kings dress like Benin Chiefs.......white gown with beads....no feather caps...., grin
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
fr3do:

Asaba's Oshimili rhymes with Onitsha's Idemili more than Warri or Ughelli.
oga the whole asaba are igbos, some Delta north trace origin to Benin,I know there very well

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Viktor1983(m): 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nigeria is a very funny place. see how these trolls are struggling asaba for Benin people?
Like say every Igbo person around go collect $100 because some ex BBC man wrote positively about Nigeria.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
presher:
oga even in akwukwu igbo some migrated from Benin

The migrants are not up to 1%
We also have Ika settlements in Edo, does that make Edo Ika?

This Anioma is not Igbo is all politics.

2 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
francisbiz:

all the same. He's not a biafran. That was for those biafra zombies
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by grammarcop(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
vickylois:
Too long.
girl after my own heart.....
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eshinwaju:
The average asaba.......man will tell u he is from Benin......YouTube is ur friend.....even their kings dress like Benin Chiefs.......white gown with beads....no feather caps...., grin
oga u dnt want to learn,asaba have stronger igbo ancestry than onitsha, all asaba are proud igbos

4 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
fr3do:

The migrants are not up to 1%
We also have Ika settlements in Edo, does that make Edo Ika?

This Anioma is not Igbo is all politics.
all anioma I know are proud igbos, am talking about their history

5 Likes

Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by fr3do(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
presher:
oga the whole asaba are igbos, some Delta north trace origin to Benin,I know there very well

Only very few of them have ancestors that are bini migrants and they have heavily cross bred with the Igbo population that their bini blood is not there.

This Anioma is not Igbo is politics.
Re: Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

U.S TSA Assesses Lagos Airport / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We're Listening Pt. 3 / Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.