Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries (48454 Views)

FG Orders Ex-Ministers, Permanent Secretaries To Return Assets / Buhari Names New Federal Permanent Secretaries And Their Portfolios / Buhari Orders Mass Retirement Of Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by midolian(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has started the process of debriefing permanent secretaries who have been in charge of ministries in the absence of ministers with the aim of ascertaining the state of the nation he inherited from former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The strategy is to match their presentations with the contents of the handover notes of Ministries, Departments and Agencies presented to him by the last administration.

On Monday, the President met separately with teams from the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Mrs. Anastasia Nwaobia, led her ministry’s team while her counterpart in the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr. Sunday Enocho, led his team to the closed-door sessions.

Nwobia confirmed to State House correspondents that she and members of her team were at the Presidential Villa, to brief the President of the ministry’s activities.

She said although the economy was facing challenges of drop in revenue, the nation’s finance was in good condition.

She promised that her ministry would continue to work out ways to shore up revenue in order to meet expenditure.

She said, “The state of Nigerian finances is okay, our finances are still okay, though we are still going through challenges of revenue stream to government.

“This you know obviously is from the oil shock; the price of oil that has dropped.

“It has significantly reduced the revenue stream to government, but we are working on other ways to see how we can shore up the revenue, so that we will be able to meet our expenditure.”

Nwaobia said after her presentation, Buhari told the team what he expects in certain aspects of the ministry’s operations.

She did not disclose the aspects.

She also said the Central Bank of Nigeria was in the process of verifying subsidy claims put up by marketers.

The permanent secretary said it was only after the verification had been completed, that the claims could be paid.

“We did not say that we will not pay subsidy, like the former minister said, there is a liability on subsidy which is being verified by the CBN and the Budget Office of the Federation.

“The issue had to do with the forex differentials which they were claiming and this committee is looking into it.

“As soon as it is resolved, we will be able to pay the verified amount also when the committee finishes its work,” she explained.

She said the allegation of reckless spending by the last administration was not discussed during the meeting with the President because the issue was discussed thoroughly at the last National Economic Council meeting.

Nwaobia also faulted reports of massive looting in the ministries as a result of absence of ministers, saying the statement was unfair.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-debriefs-permanent-secretaries/

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Precious91(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
ok.Yet they call him baba go slow.BTW what are the governors of the states where insecurities are mounting doing?Now and during Jonathan's time.They leave their houses for the federal to help secure.When they are going out,the military guard them well.Why can't the same military guard the common man

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Karlman: 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
WHATEVER THE ANCESTOR PRESIDENT LIKE LET HIM DO, ALL I WANT IS A FULFILMENT OF HIS CAMPAIGN PROMISES

WHETHER HE ACHIEVES THAT WALKING ON HIS ANCESTRAL HEAD IS NOT MY HEADACHE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by stuff46(m): 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good for him
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by jantofubu(m): 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
I wnt say he's clueless.. He surely is up to somtin which wil turn dz country arnd positively

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Sparrow13: 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Baba might be slow but he is moving steadily.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Baba surely knows what he is doing.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by midolian(m): 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
jantofubu:
I wnt say he's clueless.. He surely is up to somtin which wil turn dz country arnd positively
The days of cluelessness are over cool cool

atlwireles:
I thought we operated a constitutional democracy, what is the Duara dullard attempting here undecided
use your head. I hope I am not asking much

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
I say we do away with ministers. Give the perm secs more power.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by LoveMachine(m): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
This is a wonderful development. I was beginning to wonder what is happening.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Rexsul: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hmmm i don even tire sef....bt i'm beginin 2 run out of patience o
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by sweatlana: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
At this pace he may never get anything done.
SGF nor?
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by atlwireles: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
I thought we operated a constitutional democracy, what is the Duara dullard attempting here undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by holyboss: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
hh
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by docphresh(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
It's not too late.. Just a month after.. .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by holuwamurewa(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
J
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by tmanis(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
finally
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by michealsolola(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
K
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by dalyricist: 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hi guys, I did a song with my guy and I just dropped the single... You guys can download the song here http:// www.datafilehost.com/d/56774981 and drop your comments Airforce1, oya come show me the way, my nigga

1 Like

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Forzap: 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
wink cry kiss lipsrsealed embarassed tongue cool shocked grin angry wink wink undecided smiley undecided
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Dannyset(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
jantofubu:
We Nigerians(both Tanoids and Buharist) do the talking, he does his work. He doesn't talk much cos he's not good at it. I never lose hope in him for once. He's equal to every task. Leave wailing Wailers alone let them wail.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by madridguy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sai Baba

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Oladimejjy(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
hmmmmmm.first page
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Realdeals(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
good step
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by kennydee05(m): 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
Slowness of Baba is better than fastness of Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan combined.

Sai Baba

Hit like if you know that you didn't waste your vote on BUHARI

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
I trust the president I voted for. Good steps baba

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Ecoplexus: 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
News Update Dec 2018: After 3 years wait, Buhari finally appoints ministers.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by OtunbaJega: 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
[size=13pt]The clueless days are over... When baba begin strike.. The Wailing wailer go wail tire

I am proud to be part of the Office of the Federal Citizens of Nigeria that kicked out Jonathan and his mgbeke wife
[/size]

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by admax(m): 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
Oga....I still dey wait for you to boot finish o

1 Like

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
Great

- ministers are actually the problem previous Nigerian government had all these years.

Nebo - no power
Allison - missing crude oil remittances
Oduah - BMW scandal
etc

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike Visits PDP Presidential Flagbearer, Atiku Abubakar / This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video / "Tell That Boy" Tinubu Blasts Governor Emmanuel Udom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.