Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries (48431 Views)

FG Orders Ex-Ministers, Permanent Secretaries To Return Assets / Buhari Names New Federal Permanent Secretaries And Their Portfolios / Buhari Orders Mass Retirement Of Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by onatisi(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
[s]
mildflame:

Jonathan n PDP trained products Bunch of BUMS all Dumber than a Grain of RICE
[/s]get some brains or die trying
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by IBBG(m): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
At times I just shake my head at people's comment. What has buhari done so far to merit applaud right frm wen he was sworn in. Is it now they were suppose to debrief him or wen he was just two weeks in power, he was suppose to do that. I'm beginning to wonder whether nigerians have grown accustomed to mediocrity such that instead of turning on the heat and demanding the best frm our leaders, we applaud their mediocrity. SMH

1 Like

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Sant1m: 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
I am really impressed with the systematic management style of PMB he is definitely working towards a goal. This is the first time a Nigerian president is reconciling facts and paper and working towards given Ministers a work plan. I am so happy i voted you Baba, i know you are working and not out to play to the gallery.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by mildflame: 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
onatisi:
[s][/s]get some brains or die trying

self-servicer u again abeg continue with ur Ogogoro
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by mildflame: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Self-servicer wetin U Wan-ker
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by onatisi(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
[s]
mildflame:

self-servicer u again abeg continue with ur Ogogoro
[/s]face ur studies small boy
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by mildflame: 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
onatisi:
[s][/s]face ur studies small boy

Granpa shey u smoke weed
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by baralatie(m): 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
midolian:
President Muhammadu Buhari has started the process of debriefing permanent secretaries who have been in charge of ministries in the absence of ministers with the aim of ascertaining the state of the nation he inherited from former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The strategy is to match their presentations with the contents of the handover notes of Ministries, Departments and Agencies presented to him by the last admiadminisers o

“As soon as it is resolved, we will be able to pay the verified amount also when the committee finishes its work,” she explained.

She said the allegation of reckless spending by the last administration was not discussed during the meeting with the President because the issue was discussed thoroughly at the last National Economic Council meeting.

Nwaobia also faulted reports of massive looting in the ministries as a result of absence of ministers, saying the statement was unfair.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-debriefs-permanent-secretaries/

From the above,it can be said that the reasons for the deliberate action of PMB is that HE IS PROBING GEJ.THAT IS WHY IT WAS SPECULATED IT WOULD REQUIRE 3 MONTHS BEFORE HE WOULD OR COULD POSSIBLY ACT!

WONDERFUL!

SO TECHNICALLY,IT IS on autopilot!
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by omenka(m): 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dannyset:

We Nigerians(both Tanoids and Buharist) do the talking, he does his work. He doesn't talk much cos he's not good at it. I never lose hope in him for once. He's equal to every task. Leave wailing Wailers alone let them wail.
I love this comment. smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Smooyis(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Keneking:
Great

- ministers are actually the problem previous Nigerian government had all these years.

Nebo - no power
Allison - missing crude oil remittances
Oduah - BMW scandal
etc
Am also beginining to think so. Most of our past presidents appoint ministers and go to sleep thinking they will do a good job. Many of these ministers end up as thin gods of their ministries by terrorising their permanent secretaries who hold opposing views to theirs.
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Smooyis(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Keneking:
Great

- ministers are actually the problem previous Nigerian government had all these years.

Nebo - no power
Allison - missing crude oil remittances
Oduah - BMW scandal
etc

Am also beginining to think so. Most of our past presidents appoint ministers and go to sleep thinking they will do a good job. Many of these ministers end up as thin gods of their ministries by terrorising their permanent secretaries who hold opposing views to theirs.
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Qyubee(m): 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
kennydee05:
Slowness of Baba is better than fastness of Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan combined.

Sai Baba

Hit like if you know that you didn't waste your vote on BUHARI
ur head de dia, I like, share n quote u sef!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by lexy2014: 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
francescainnoce:

Hmmmm Hun, be mild with your choice of words Ohk..
Again, need I say that I am neither a past or post government fan thus neutral; which means that whilst it will be good to find out the genesis of boko-haram, I don't think that's of paramount importance now. The more crucial thing is how to curb, burn or eradicate or better still, destabilise these terrorist activities.
Going to find out or point accusing fingers on any administration without proof is almost as unimportant as an impotent man having sex with a dis-Virgined babe and you sure know the result.
The dice have being cast; PMG picked last so he is absolutely responsible for the safety of its citizens..
Nice jab. We got a lot of pro and anti folks around here. It makes it difficult 4 real issues 2b discussed. Even more difficult 4 them 2 demand accountability. I like your style. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by chloee(f): 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
docphresh:
It's not too late.. Just a month after.. .
Soon you will say just a year after!
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by SweetSoup(m): 6:54am On Jul 08, 2015
darlenese:

I was only trying to book space grin grin
Lol, you are forgiven for admitting that.
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by anibestlala(m): 7:04am On Jul 08, 2015
midolian:
President Muhammadu Buhari has started the process of debriefing permanent secretaries who have been in charge of ministries in the absence of ministers with the aim of ascertaining the state of the nation he inherited from former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The strategy is to match their presentations with the contents of the handover notes of Ministries, Departments and Agencies presented to him by the last administration.

On Monday, the President met separately with teams from the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Mrs. Anastasia Nwaobia, led her ministry’s team while her counterpart in the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr. Sunday Enocho, led his team to the closed-door sessions.

Nwobia confirmed to State House correspondents that she and members of her team were at the Presidential Villa, to brief the President of the ministry’s activities.

She said although the economy was facing challenges of drop in revenue, the nation’s finance was in good condition.

She promised that her ministry would continue to work out ways to shore up revenue in order to meet expenditure.

She said, “The state of Nigerian finances is okay, our finances are still okay, though we are still going through challenges of revenue stream to government.

“This you know obviously is from the oil shock; the price of oil that has dropped.

“It has significantly reduced the revenue stream to government, but we are working on other ways to see how we can shore up the revenue, so that we will be able to meet our expenditure.”

Nwaobia said after her presentation, Buhari told the team what he expects in certain aspects of the ministry’s operations.

She did not disclose the aspects.

She also said the Central Bank of Nigeria was in the process of verifying subsidy claims put up by marketers.

The permanent secretary said it was only after the verification had been completed, that the claims could be paid.

“We did not say that we will not pay subsidy, like the former minister said, there is a liability on subsidy which is being verified by the CBN and the Budget Office of the Federation.

“The issue had to do with the forex differentials which they were claiming and this committee is looking into it.

“As soon as it is resolved, we will be able to pay the verified amount also when the committee finishes its work,” she explained.

She said the allegation of reckless spending by the last administration was not discussed during the meeting with the President because the issue was discussed thoroughly at the last National Economic Council meeting.

Nwaobia also faulted reports of massive looting in the ministries as a result of absence of ministers, saying the statement was unfair.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-debriefs-permanent-secretaries/
strange that the perm sec for finance would say our finances are okay just facing challenges while the president who has is not a graduate in finance would scream he met an empty treasury.apc and their duara cattle antics.smh
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by ibedun: 7:05am On Jul 08, 2015
The wailing wailers and their co-emailers have 8 years to wail. Classic!
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by anibestlala(m): 7:08am On Jul 08, 2015
omenka:
I love this comment. smiley
but the man who cries out that the treasury is empty when the perm sec says our finances are okay should be tagged the old man wailer
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by SweetSoup(m): 7:08am On Jul 08, 2015
vfactor:

I am not talking about appointing ministers. I am talking about debriefing. That's the first thing u do before appointing ministers.

If we re just starting debriefing now, then expect appointment of ministers by ending of July or August.
You didn't expect him to completely study the handover notes within 2 weeks did you? Debriefing has begun which could mean that thorough study of handover notes deliberately submitted late (May 28 to be precise by President Jonathan) may have been concluded. I truly believe that President Buhari mean well for Nigeria, let's see how thing go from here on..
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Demdem(m): 7:11am On Jul 08, 2015
This is highly remarkable. An excellent step Demdem approves. To hell with fools attacking the President for not appointing ministers so far.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by anibestlala(m): 7:11am On Jul 08, 2015
Sant1m:
I am really impressed with the systematic management style of PMB he is definitely working towards a goal. This is the first time a Nigerian president is reconciling facts and paper and working towards given Ministers a work plan. I am so happy i voted you Baba, i know you are working and not out to play to the gallery.
I hope u still will wen the next bomb blast comes within ur vicinity and when u go to buy a dollar for 300naira.don't deceive urself ,the president needs to jolted to reality.even his foreign friends know that.hid ur head in the sand if u like
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by dataland: 7:26am On Jul 08, 2015
Cheapest Mtn data bundle ever at give away price

Buy mtn data valid for a month
check my profile for more details
Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 08, 2015
SweetSoup:
You didn't expect him to completely study the handover notes within 2 weeks did you? Debriefing has begun which could mean that thorough study of handover notes deliberately submitted late (May 28 to be precise by President Jonathan) may have been concluded. I truly believe that President Buhari mean well for Nigeria, let's see how thing go from here on..

There was a transition committee right? Besides no one expect the president to study all the hand over notes by himself. That's why there was a transition committee.

Meaning well without proper execution and human resource management will put him in the situation Jonathan was.

I wish him well though!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries by ibedun: 8:47am On Jul 08, 2015
In Buhari my president I trust 100%.

The wAiling wailers (aka Tanoids) can go and ? You guessed it ....DIE!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar’s American In-laws Arrive Nigeria For Wedding In Yola. See Photos / Lifeless : Na Dem Dey Rush Buhari- BBC / Effects Of Brexit Results On The African Largest Economies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.