Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,963 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:27 AM

Where Is Idiagbon? - Dike Chukwumerije - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Idiagbon? - Dike Chukwumerije (403 Views)

Tunde Idiagbon's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / INCONCLUSIVE - Dike Chukwumerije (must Read) / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Idiagbon? - Dike Chukwumerije by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
WHERE IS IDIAGBON?
One, the incumbent lost. Two, the incumbent lost to someone who had shadowed his office for 12 years. Three, the incumbent lost, and for the first time, did not stop on his way out to file a petition.

I am not Sherlock Holmes, but may I risk a few deductions? Okay. The first? A level of goodwill in the winner’s pocket equivalent to a blank cheque. The second? A level of preparedness on the winner’s CV equivalent to a bottle of coke violently shaken many times over. And the last? The absence of distractions on the winner’s schedule equivalent to the rare opportunity of placing both buttocks on the chair from Day One.

So, honestly, I am SHOCKED at the speed of Change. The only thing that could have hinted at it, I guess, was History. Or so my brother says. Apparently, it took him 3 weeks in ‘83 – something of a record as well for a military era where things could happen ‘with immediate effect’. And his reasons were the same as now. So, which is it? A remarkable consistency? Or, like that part of him that thought Germany was still divided, a difficulty adapting to new times?

I don’t know yet. But this much I will say - regardless of temperament or personal philosophies, there are at least 5 appointments that should have been in his breast pocket stepping into Defense House.

One, his Minister of Finance. Because we are in a crisis! Reserves depleted, currency under DAILY pressure, governments running out of funds to pay workers, the CBN Governor taking the decision to virtually ban the importation of tin tomatoes all by himself, and politicians (aka state governors) advising the President on macroeconomic policy. How? My brother, it is no longer the administrative task of former days. No. The running of a modern economy is a job for TECHNOCRATS – a TEAM of them, easily set up from that pool of 15 advisers he already has permission to appoint. But to think that he thinks he can hold this plane by himself, even if only for three months, at the exact same time we’re flying through the perfect storm is…worrying.

Two, his Minister of Petroleum. Because it triggered the crisis in the first place. So, Mister President, I have these questions. Seeing as it is the backbone of our currency, what immediate steps will be taken to boost oil receipts in this era of low prices and increased competition? Please, do you think the Era of Oil is ending, or that what is happening in the global energy market is a storm we can ride out with a bit of prudence? Also, ehm, our personal economies run on Petrol, and we have been queuing for it all year, because nobody was really sure what it would say, the Government Fate would inaugurate on the 29th of May 2015. For some reason, sir, the uncertainty persists. Before goodwill is exhausted and policy options foreclosed, tell us please – subsidy or no; what will it be?

Three, his Minister of Defence. Because, despite the ‘G’ in ‘GMB’, it is not REALLY his presence at the war front that counts, but the articulation and meticulous execution of a different strategy, one that cannot be left to the Army Chief alone, seeing as ‘defence’, ‘security’ and ‘boko haram’ are connected, yes, but not synonyms.

Four, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation. Because, well, a man cannot be his own secretary, and the Head of Service should remain a civil servant in that progressive spirit of keeping the Service out of politics.

Five, his Chief of Staff. Because good Presidents age very quickly for one reason and one reason alone - a system that ensures that only those problems no one else can solve make it to their desk. Honestly sir, by any standard you wish to use, it is not value for taxpayer’s money when it takes a President to decide if the DSS will stay or leave the Villa.

So, I implore you to either find his incarnation, or invoke his spirit. For your government is in dire need of Tunde Idiagbon.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155791525305257&id=684490256
Re: Where Is Idiagbon? - Dike Chukwumerije by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lalasticlala kindly take this thread to the promised land.

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: No plan to ban Liberia flights, says NCAA / Gas To Power Projects Not Attractive – Experts / The Antivirus To Our Virus In Nigeria!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.