Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. (3012 Views)

Akeredolu And Family At House On The Rock Church For Granddaughter's Birthday / Buhari And Wife, Aisha Celebrate Their Granddaughter's Birthday (Photo) / Ben Murray-Bruce Celebrates Granddaughter's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 08, 2015
Pictures: Oba of Benin celebrating with his granddaughter on her birthday today.

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by madridguy(m): 12:16am On Jul 08, 2015
Wish the celebrant many happy return.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by mormoni(m): 12:20am On Jul 08, 2015
E concern nairalanders?

Abi d man na nairalander
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Abugab(m): 12:24am On Jul 08, 2015
Omo N Oba Nedo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Erediawa 11, The Oba of Great Bini Kingdom.
Oba atokpe eee.....Ise
May your reign be long and bring more goodness to the people and the land.
Happy birthday to the celebrant.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by DONMAYOR19(m): 12:28am On Jul 08, 2015
Better oba. God will bless u and ur grand daughter sir. U are a leader and a father to all Niger Deltans. Atleast u no dey swear unlike the oba of lagoon that cherish to swear with the name of their allah.

Disclaimer: Me no mention person name o, but if u think of anybody, that's is ur business not mine.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Gogt nothing to say

Ishilove push so pple can wish d oba
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Elueme: 1:03am On Jul 08, 2015
I simply love this man... No doubt one of the greatest personality in contemporary history. Proud to be your subject.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by tessylove2(f): 1:13am On Jul 08, 2015
Nice
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by kenedy175(m): 1:15am On Jul 08, 2015
How lovely
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by shedraq1: 1:35am On Jul 08, 2015
Abugab:
Omo N Oba Nedo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Erediawa 11, The Oba of Great Bini Kingdom.
Oba atokpe eee.....Ise
May your reign be long and bring more goodness to the people and the land.
Happy birthday to the celebrant.
How long you want Make Oba rule and live now owioba, Oba was crowned in 1979 before you were born and he is over 90yrs old and may be older than your grand father.
Dont you want the Edaiken of Uselu{Oldest Prince} to reign, Abi you want make him be like Prince Charles of England wey no go mount the throne
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 08, 2015
But there was d news this year that the oba of Benin was incapacitated.

We even thought he was on his way out....what sacrifice was made to the gods?
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by jieta: 4:06am On Jul 08, 2015
soe:
But there was d news this year that the oba of Benin was incapacitated.

We even thought he was on his way out....what sacrifice was made to the gods?

i heard the same story
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 08, 2015
cool
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by MrBLING(m): 4:37am On Jul 08, 2015
Oba gha to' kpere

Iseeeee.

Iyare yare
Iyareeee
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Allsmyles(f): 5:10am On Jul 08, 2015
HBD to the celebrant
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by emmasege: 5:16am On Jul 08, 2015
So, omonoba is not clinically dead as is being speculated in some quarters.
Anyway sha, praise God for his recovery.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by cy4cent(f): 5:22am On Jul 08, 2015
OBA ghatokpere !!! Isee !!
Proudly your subject. May we continue to experience peace !!! Isee !

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 08, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
Better oba. God will bless u and ur grand daughter sir. U are a leader and a father to all Niger Deltans. Atleast u no dey swear unlike the oba of lagoon that cherish to swear with the name of their allah.

Disclaimer: Me no mention person name o, but if u think of anybody, that's is ur business not mine.

You are very big hediot. Was it not the same Oba that organized swearing parade for one dude that slapped his son years back ?

IRKED by the assault meted out on his son, Prince Ekpen Erediauwa, by the Chairman of the Edo State Task Force Committee on the Vandalization of Pipeline and also the youth leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in Edo State, Mr Osakpanwa Eriyo, the Benin monarch, Oba Erediauwa, yesterday, placed a curse on the alleged culprit after describing the action as a taboo in Benin Kingdom.

PROTEST: Chiefs and elders of Benin placing curses on the Chairman
of the Taskforce Committee on the Vandalisation of Pipelines, over his alleged assault on the Oba of Benin's son, at the Oba's Palace, in Benin City, yesterday. Photo by Barnabas Uzosike.

This came as thousands of youths, dressed in red attire, market women and royal family members, protested round Benin City, yesterday, demanding for the banishment of Eriyo from the kingdom, explaining that assaulting a Prince of the kingdom was sacrilegious, and capital punishment should be meted on him.

Meanwhile, the Edo State government, in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Peter Okhiria, yesterday, announced the suspension of Mr Eriyo as Chairman of the Anti-Pipeline Vandalization Committee, adding “all contracts in respect of revenue collection in Oredo Local Government Area are also hereby suspended.”
See more photos here

It will be recalled that Eriyo, who also doubles as the Chairman Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria, RTEAN, Edo State chapter, had weekend, assaulted the Transition Committee Chairman of Oredo Local Government Area of the state, Prince Erediauwa during a meeting of the leadership of the ACN in Oredo council. But Osakpanwa had denied that he assaulted the Prince in a statement.

Reacting swiftly, the Oba’s chiefs, led by the Iyase of Benin, Chief Sam Igbe; the Esogban of Benin Kingdom, Chief David Edebiri; Obasogie of Benin Kingdom, Chief Eduwor Ekhator and the entire palace chiefs, went round the city, with pots of charms and placed curse on Osakpanwa after he was declared an enemy of the Oba.

In a statement by the Chairman, Peace and Conflict Resolution in the Oba’s Palace, Chief Eduwor Ekhator, it said “no one can demystify the monarchical value of the Benin Royal Palace of the Oba. Attempt by any person or persons to destroy the long existing peace and unity of the Benin will be checked with rebuked condemnation.
“The attempt on the Benin Prince was a demonstration of recklessness and lack of respect for a constituted authority.
It is highly provocative, sacrilegious and unacceptable and thereby deserves total condemnation by every Edo son and daughter both at home and in the Diaspora. However, the palace of the Oba advises all sympathizers to obey the rule of law,” it added.

https://www.nairaland.com/623733/assault-benin-monarch-curses-task

You asked for trouble and I will give it to you. Your oba of Benin said his throne shouldn't be demystified and went on a cursing session along with his subjects. The same way Oba of Lagos maintained his monarchical authority in Lagos and won't want anyone to challenge his order yet you chose to respect your own Oba and ignore his own madness while pointing out the madness of Oba of Lagos.

If you will accuse the oba of lagos for being stuupid and power drunk for cursing the ibos, you should also be ready to call Oba of Benin a stuupid and power drunk man for cursing a poor indigene of Benin simply because he assaulted the son of a half-god !

What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/407240_Activities-in-Beniin2_jpgd4e258d1203f5815748ae66be5b70639[/img]

Benin people during the cursing session. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by free2ryhme: 5:45am On Jul 08, 2015
cy4cent:
OBA ghatokpere !!! Isee !!

Proudly your subject. May we continue to experience peace !!! Isee !

which subject, maths or english grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by GudluckIBB(m): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2015
Bluetooth2:

You are very big hediot. Was it not the same Oba that organized swearing parade for one dude that slapped his son years back ?

You asked for trouble and I will give it to you.
Your oba of Benin said his throne shouldn't be demystified and went on a cursing session along with his subjects. The same way Oba of Lagos maintained his monarchical authority in Lagos and won't want anyone to challenge his order yet you chose to respect your own Oba and ignore his own madness while pointing out the madness of Oba of Lagos.

If you will accuse the oba of lagos for being stuupid and power drunk for cursing the ibos, you should also be ready to call Oba of Benin a stuupid and power drunk man for cursing a poor indigene of Benin simply because he assaulted the son of a half-god !

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/407240_Activities-in-Beniin2_jpgd4e258d1203f5815748ae66be5b70639[/img]

Na Ogun-Oba go kill you for spewish this rubbish againt our Oba.if you write nonsence about other traditional rulers, don't try it with our monarch.
Be warned!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Jorussia(m): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2015
oba erediawa is no more,i don't know who circulated this pic
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 08, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Na Ogun-Oba go kill you for spewish this rubbish againt our Oba.if you write nonsence about other traditional rulers, don't try it with our monarch.
Be warned!

Reetard, are you high ?
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by me1234: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2015
Bluetooth2:

You asked for trouble and I will give it to you. Your oba of Benin said his throne shouldn't be demystified and went on a cursing session along with his subjects. The same way Oba of Lagos maintained his monarchical authority in Lagos and won't want anyone to challenge his order yet you chose to respect your own Oba and ignore his own madness while pointing out the madness of Oba of Lagos.

My friend get your facts right before you come here to make comparison. The igbos you mention were merely exercising their constitutional right to vote for who they choose to vote for why they were threaten to be thrown to the lagoon. on the other hand the man in question assaulted the son of the Oba of Benin right inside the Oba's palace with total disregard for the Oba and his throne. This total disregard for the Oba lead to the deserved curses and anger of the Benin sons and daughters. The Oba of Benin did not put a curse or threaten to put a curse on the people of another tribe but his own

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 08, 2015
me1234:
My friend get your facts right before you come here to make comparison. The igbos you mention were merely exercising their constitutional right to vote for who they choose to vote for why they were threaten to be thrown to the lagoon. on the other hand the man in question assaulted the son of the Oba of Benin right inside the Oba's palace with total disregard for the Oba and his throne. This total disregard for the Oba lead to the deserved curses and anger of the Benin sons and daughters. The Oba of Benin did not put a curse or threaten to put a curse on the people of another tribe but his own

Omg, so you trying to justify the cursing of a benin indigene who assaulted the son of a half-god and condemn the Oba of lagos. What's the difference between the curse ? Why not sue the man for assault instead of cursing him ?

That's how it always look lame when you try to defend the stupidity of totalitarians. When you have a better defense, you can quote me.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by fr3do(m): 7:49am On Jul 08, 2015
The Oba travelled months ago, they are still performing some rites before they announce his absence.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 08, 2015
jieta:
i heard the same story
exactly
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Beremx(f): 8:29am On Jul 08, 2015
Elueme:
I simply love this man... No doubt one of the greatest personality in contemporary history. Proud to be your subject.
longest time Elueme. How body?

Long live his Majesty! Happy Birthday grand daughter
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Joyekpen: 9:06am On Jul 08, 2015
Bluetooth2:

I sorry 4 you, don't look for trouble, its ur mum that will run from pillar to post looking for solution to ur problem when it starts that I pity. Stay away from what u don't know, in the spirit of the birthday that is bn celebrated
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 08, 2015
Joyekpen:
I sorry 4 you, don't look for trouble, its ur mum that will run from pillar to post looking for solution to ur problem when it starts that I pity. Stay away from what u don't know, in the spirit of the birthday that is bn celebrated

I'm not use to dragging issues with ladies here so I will let this pass. Don't bother quoting me again because I will hit you hard !
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by cy4cent(f): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2015
free2ryhme:

which subject, maths or english grin
Nah you sabi .
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrating His Granddaughter Birthday Today. by yongnoble(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2015
the Oba is dead! (RIP). This picture is old.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The First Oil Well In Nigeria. / Revelation! How Pastor Bakare Saw The Coming Of Biafra Republic / UPDATE: Saraki Arrive CCT Trial With 80 Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.