Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH (23211 Views)

Cultists Rob Young Lady In Owerri, Push Her Off Keke (Photos) / 24-Year-Old Nigerian Student Scams 62-Year-Old White Lover / Man Rapes 24-year-old Facebook Lover At First Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by ishowdotgmail(m): 3:27am On Jul 08, 2015
Suspected cult members have invaded Iya Agan Street, Off Old Apapa Road, in the Oyingbo area of Lagos, dispossessing some people of their valuables and causing grief.

PUNCH Metro learnt that a 24-year-old, Fatai Suleiman, was hacked to death by the cultists during the robbery.

Our correspondent gathered that at about 4pm on Sunday, the cultists, who were said to be over 20 persons, invaded the area, and started shooting sporadically.

It was learnt that the cult groups, which invaded the area, were Omo Kogbagidi and Otto boys, who reportedly came on a reprisal to attack Olokodana Fagbayimu boys.

They were said to have used the supremacy battle as an opportunity to loot houses, shops and robbed residents.

Our correspondent learnt that Suleiman, whose body had been deposited at a morgue in Yaba, was hacked by the cultists, who reportedly stayed with him till he died at the spot.

His corpse was reportedly evacuated by policemen from the Iponri division.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, a resident of Iya Agan Street, who gave his name simply as Omole, said a man was also shot in the eyes during the robbery.

He added that the hoodlums, who allegedly got their guns during the elections, had failed to return them to their political sponsors and were now fomenting trouble with the weapons.

He said, “On Friday, the Special Anti-Robbery Squad men from Ikeja visited the Apapa Road area, and arrested many of these boys.

“But we know that they will soon be bailed by politicians and will soon return to the area.

“When they invaded our area on Sunday, it was in the afternoon. They saw Fatai (Suleiman) in front of a house and attacked him with machetes. They hacked him until he was dead. A man was shot in the eyes during the robbery. A lot of residents are packing out of Old Apapa Road. These cult boys are having a field day.

“The government should partner with local vigilance groups and community leaders to fish out these boys and lock them up in prison. The hoodlums should be made to return all the guns in their possession.”

Our correspondent learnt that Suleiman’s relatives were at the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba, to seek permission to collect the man’s corpse for burial.

A landlord on Old Apapa Road, who begged not to be named, said the lack of basic amenities in the area was contributing to the reigns of terror.

He said, “Our area has suffered enough from these hoodlums, who manhandled everyone and set buildings ablaze to punish one another.

“They are successful because the area lacks basic amenities.

“There is no school, no drainage, no potable water, health care facilities, and good toilet facilities, among others.

“The new government should look into Ifesowapo, Otto, Ilogbo areas and take care of all these anomalies.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

He said, “The matter has been transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba, where we are investigating further.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/cultists-rob-lagos-residents-hack-24-year-old-to-death/

1 Like

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by speakthetruth: 3:57am On Jul 08, 2015
It is well wt Naija
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by homeboy205: 4:01am On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by demmy0325(m): 4:16am On Jul 08, 2015
Smh..
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Allsmyles(f): 4:57am On Jul 08, 2015
Na wa...
So I made FP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Amazinpeace(f): 6:45am On Jul 08, 2015
the evils of cultism
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Lanretoye(m): 7:16am On Jul 08, 2015
who is that yeye landlord that said lack of amenities caused the nefarious activities of the hoodlums in that area.

7 Likes

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by otijah(m): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2015
What is lagos turning Into? How I wish I am governor

1 Like

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Sijo01(f): 8:44am On Jul 08, 2015
Rascals!
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by lekjons(m): 8:44am On Jul 08, 2015
The police cells must full to brim by now..must be filled with innocent civilians 'cultists' caught on paradeangry

1 Like

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by salvatore007(m): 8:44am On Jul 08, 2015
Daz why i always walk with pocket knife... Act funny and i stab u in ur throat...

U af to up ur game if u wanna survive in Nigeria..

salvatore007

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by ifoundmyperfect: 8:44am On Jul 08, 2015
He belongs!
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 08, 2015
too bad
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Nairaland FP hasn't been appealing these past weeks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by DankemzI(m): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Is those places in our own Lagos city? Please where is Oba this hoodlums must occupy lagoon Asap
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Lilyomi(f): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Wen
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by weijuhn: 8:45am On Jul 08, 2015
when my brother was going to school, I simply told him, join cult and simply become thief
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by sonnyudoh(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2015
Emi omo wobe
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by aiyeboy(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2015
Eyaaa
Pls check out my signature
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by seedorfg(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2015
God punish all the cultist ever liveth and aftermath, besides whats the gain of being cultist gan sef

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by KENZYYONG(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2015
K.....oooooooo....may his soul rest in peace
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by adioolayi(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2015
Cultist now everywhere... school...street..market.. everywhere

1 Like

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by grin88(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2015
Awon omo awawa
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 08, 2015
Space booked..

Now scrolling back up to read d post wink
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by maryhaam(f): 8:48am On Jul 08, 2015
Lanretoye:
who is that yeye landlord that said lack of amenities caused the nefarious activities of the hoodlums in that area.
loool,u got me laughing
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 08, 2015
Fowlshola...is this the legacy you left in lagos state? Cultism!

Yorubastards at it again.

By the way, why is it that states that voted for brainlessness that have been experiencing unrest ever since?

We in the South East will just sit and watch with our Okpa and Red label at hand grin cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by Akposb(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2015
Lagos is like a melting pot for all kinds of evil.
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by damilareoye: 8:49am On Jul 08, 2015
Idio.ts
Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by DaVinChiSam(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2015
RIP to the Dude. But it seems suspect. Why did they kill him? Was he a member of a rival Gang? Or did he try to challenge/fight back? I had experienced something like this kind of situation before where I was. Surrounded with about 7hoodlums carrying various sizes of weapons including guns. I just laid down and started begging them oh infact I shed a few tears as well , luckily they left me after taking everything on me and a few broken bones. Now I'm fine and alive... them no dey form Rambo for this kind situation oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultists Rob Lagos Residents, Hack 24-year-old To Death -PUNCH by carzola(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2015
Please another name should be given to this people not '' CULTIST ''

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Attempting To Sell Wife And Baby / Two Burglars Caught, Locked Up In Satellite Police Station, Lagos. PHOTOS / Shooting As Shiites And Police Clash In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.