Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? (3722 Views)

How Long Do Normal People Stay Single For? / How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? / I Decide To Stay Single Forever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by charles316: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2009
d truth is that u see several ladies of ages 26 and over still single.is a woman not supposed to get married b4 25? what they do is that they prefer to be single and still play around until when they no longer have choice of men to marry them.

i think this is wrong of them or what do ya think?
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by patwhizkid(f): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2009
Lmfao
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by drrionelli(m): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2009
Twenty-six and over is considered too old for marriage?!? Since when??
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2009
Dont generalise.
The truth is, women have to be picky.
There are many boys but few men.
The same way men want wife material women want husband material.
Its better for a girl to be single than to be married to a man that would cheat on her, disrespect her, physically or emotionally abuse her, treat her as a baby making machine, cook/bedwarmer etc. Believe me, not everyone is meant to be married.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by evergreen6: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2009
drrionelli:

Twenty-six and over is considered too old for marriage?!? Since when??

i wonder undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by MrCrackles(m): 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2009
charles316:

d truth is that u see several ladies of ages 26 and over still single.is a woman not supposed to get married b4 25? what they do is that they prefer to be single and still play around until when they no longer have choice of men to marry them.

And who defined the yardstick you have stated above?

Comot here jare, dey propagate nonsense tori up and down
!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by tope2000(f): 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2009
charles316:

I guess very soon, i shud also be shaking in my bootz shocked tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by JJYOU: 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2009
tope2000:

I guess very soon, i shud also be shaking in my bootz shocked tongue
yes.
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by tope2000(f): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2009
JJYOU:

yes.

what do u mean by yes . . . . . i am only 18 tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by fs(f): 5:15pm On Mar 06, 2009
The real question is why does this concern you? I mean seriously, mind your own business.

I don't know why a woman needs to be married before 25, there's no rule out there in the world that says such things. People are single at 25 for different reasons, none of which are really your business in anyway. And no, before you go about saying I'm only saying this because I'm "old" and not married, I got married at 24, but that was me and my husband's choice. Others have their reasons for what they do with their lives. Do your thing and let others live in peace. The world would be a much better place that way.
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by JJYOU: 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2009
tope2000:

what do u mean by yes . . . . . i am only 18 tongue
you are already 2yrs past it.  only joking. relax let nobody set your agenda.
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by tope2000(f): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2009
JJYOU:

you are already 2yrs past it.  only joking. relax let nobody set your agenda.

just 2yrs . . . . . i must look really young then tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by Hollysmile: 5:45pm On Mar 06, 2009
@poster, wetin 'consign' you? You, you don marry?
No go mind ur own biz!
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by yme1(f): 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2009
reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by lancevader(m): 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2009
wondring the type of human being God created self
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by EshuKemi: 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2009
undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by tope2000(f): 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2009
lance_vader:

wondring the type of human being God created self

Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2009
I don't blame the poster for asking this question, but by stating his opinion he clearly showed his orientation. There are men who are of the opinion that women should marry early, after all, their sole purpose on earth is to procreate and maintain the home, right? Never mind choice! Evolution to them applies to a certain degree and females are exempt. Unfortunately or fortunately, times have changed, and females are a lot more enlightened.

They say knowledge is power, but with such power there must be consequences. Look at it this way, for our enlightenment, the consequence is that we don't want to settle for less. I wonder if we would be better off not knowing that we are not punching bags for insecure men, or that it is actually not a crime if the man helps around the house. Would we be better off if it was not a tug of war or an endess debate if Men treated women the way they treat themselves, with RESPECT.

It's not clear cut and never will be. So, God has not forsaken the over 25 single female but given them choices, a blessing if u may call it, to make their own choices,mistakes, opinions and decisions. They are at an age when they should have finished their education and started working and are in a better position to contribute effectively at creating a healthy and happy home with a partner and not a dictator. Men, you still remain the head of the house :-) However, some blessings may in turn be viewed as curses simply because , You tell me, cause i haven't figured that part out yet. :-(
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by CrazyMan(m): 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2009
@Poster. A girl would marry any time she feels like it. I've seen men who don't get married until they're in their 40s. So why should the woman's case be an issue?
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2009
smiley
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by EshuKemi: 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2009
hmmm
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by Hollysmile: 7:17am On Mar 07, 2009
Kai! Dis anti-christ (sadist, lucifer, devil, loser) again!
Callin on moderators.
Pls, i need you in here!
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by spikedcylinder: 8:20am On Mar 07, 2009
@ OP

When you get married and have kids, feel free to dash out all your female children when they reach the very ripe age of 12. undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by christson: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2009
The plan of God for each individual differs. Some get to marry early while others late. Though this country of ours does not encourage early marriages especially for the mail who at least has to be comfortable to some extent before going ahead to marry, the most important things is this- THE FEMALE AND THE MAIL SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED WITH BEING IN THE WILL OF GOD AND FULFILLING PURPOSE AND DESTINY EITHER SINGLE OR MARRIED.
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by Nautillus(m): 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2009
Where is the rule book on female marriageable age?

Na wah oh. . . .
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by yme1(f): 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2009
ha ha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by patwhizkid(f): 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2009
Oya o, more comments needed!
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by yme1(f): 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2009
you wan cause trouble
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by lancevader(m): 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2009
patwizkid hw are yu doing sniway i saw yur footstep at weldone o ill be there for sometym b4 i relocate back in here
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by drrionelli(m): 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2009
One must wonder:

At what age does the original poster feel that[i] men [/i] should be married?
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by luka1981(m): 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2009
so na only single old layers full here. abeg i dey comot here.
Re: Why Do Girls Stay Single Until They Are Too Old.or Has God Forsaken Them? by dae(f): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2009
drrionelli:

One must wonder:

At what age does the original poster feel that[i] men [/i] should be married?
Question people -- whats the morale of that movie "the 40 year old Virgin"??

(1) (2) (Reply)

If U Are Straight Can You Become Gay For N1billion / How Many Male Nairalander Can Boldly Say AMEN To This Prayer? / Is This Love Or Foolishness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.