Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 AM

Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... (6424 Views)

Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? / Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification / Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 8:43am On Jul 18, 2015
No there's no heaven on earth, I was returning my post to Paxonal, He claims he/she lives in heaven on earth, and the tribulations have passed back in the day when Jesus was crucified.
bsjay:

There's no heaven on earth! U would be more correct if u said 'hell on earth.
Notwithstanding, there are those who feel and enjoy the blessings and peace of heaven while on earth, and these are those who recognise the Laws of the Father and adjust their whole life to It. The Laws being the Will of the Father.
Certainly, the end is coming. But this post no sign of the end of earth existence. It simply means the end of all darkness, evil and those who take sides with it. We are already standing in that long predicted final judgment and the end is at hand. This end is actively at work through natural and man-made disasters, accidents and other vices we hear and see on TV and radio stations on daily basis, others we witness with our eyes. The end occurs on daily basis and individually, and will truly be an end when all the evil people and their darkness are cleared off the gross material creation. Then will the new dawn marks itself with the setting in of the Millennium with the leadership of the Son of Man Himself. It will be a glorious moment for all who survived the Last Judgment. Also, a moment of schooling for those souls on how they will live in heaven where only the Will of God reigns. Hence the fulfilment of the Lord's prayer, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2015
You call yourself a Christian and yet you have shown evidence you are not.
"Quote> If you are rapture'd you have lost contact with your love ones here on earth.
God is Love. What more do you need.
"Quote>And if people die they also lost contact with there love ones.
Not if their love ones were Christians, Jesus said at the end of the age, we will meet the dead in the clouds.
paxonel:

of what significance will that be to other people who will remain on earth after you have all gone?
to them, you do not exist anywhere on earth anymore.
is that not equal to death?
lf you are raptured you have lost contact with your love ones here on earth.
If people die, they also lost contact with their love ones
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 9:03am On Jul 18, 2015
No-ones afraid of the rapture or the end of the world, Christians are jumping for joy.
You seem un-relax more then others by your disbeliefs.
paxonel:
wisdom demand that i live a godly life and maintain my faith in christ because I have conscience towards my fellow men, not because I'm afraid of any rapture or end of the world .
By this, my life is totally relaxed without fear to go about my normal duty and i experience total happiness
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2015
white men don't have time for foolish rapture beliefs.
they take education seriously and work hard to develope their world

Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2015
brocab:
"Quote> If you are rapture'd you have lost contact with your love ones here on earth.
Not if their love ones were Christians, Jesus said at the end of the age, we will meet the dead in the clouds.
in the clouds?
clouds is figurative statement which means heaven on earth.
please earth is better than clouds.
Adam and Eve sinned and lost eternal life here on earth.
Jesus died and resurrected and restore that eternal life Adam and Eve lost, here on earth and not in the clouds.
so, eternal life here on earth is real.
Go and read the whole chapter of 1cor 15 and draw out the summary.
the summary of that chapter is
1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man(the son of man, which is Jesus ) came also the resurrection of the dead.
1 corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Now, your rapture concept which is never mentioned anywhere in the Bible is never resurrection of the dead.
Resurrection of the dead entails that humans resurrect and live here on earth and nothing else.
If you are not living here on earth it is never resurrection..
I will liken you people to be the same as the saducees who says there is no resurrection of the dead. By that, i begin to wonder if you are truly christians?
But because you say you believe that Jesus is your saviour, you are saved by your believe (faith ).
Therefore, i cannot say you are not Christians.
Its just that, you people don't know why you are believing in Jesus, you were born into Christian family, you don't study your Bible to know why you are christians
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2015
brocab:
in the clouds?
Jesus died and resurrected and restore that eternal life Adam and Eve lost, here on earth and not in the clouds.
Go and read the whole chapter of 1cor 15 and draw out the summary and find out why Paul will say a thing like
o death, where is your sting
grave, where is your victory .
After summarizing the chapter, if you are still saying that I cor 15:52 is rapture, then you really need to understand what a constructive argument is.
Because, the whole of that chapter is a constructive argument and
1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man(Adam ) came death, by man(the son of man, which is Jesus ) came also the resurrection of the dead.
1 corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Now, your rapture concept which is never mentioned anywhere in the Bible is never resurrection of the dead.
Resurrection of the dead entails that humans resurrect and live here on earth and nothing else.
I will liken you people to be the same as the saducees who says there is no resurrection of the dead. By that, i begin to wonder if you are truly christians?
But because you say you believe that Jesus is your saviour, you are saved by your believe (faith ).
Its just that, you people don't know why you are believing in Jesus, you were born into Christian family, confused by some ancient Catholic rapture doctrine which have no scriptural basis. you don't study your Bible to know why you are christians.
You read figurative statements in Bible(eg 1cor 15:52) without finding out the meaning.
You did not read the whole chapter either, so that you will know why 1cor 15:52 is there.
That's why they say, black man will always run into problem because they don't read
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
You don't like to term clouds then your argument is with God.
And I never said 1 Corinthians 15:52 was the rapture in the first place, you have me mixed up with another quoter's.
I suppose you have been speaking so much rubbish, you can't keep up with your own quotations to whom?.
Quote>That's why they say, black men always run into problems because they don't read?
Who says? You.
And what gives you the idea my skin colour is black-and not white? Besides what has the colour of a man' got anything to do with anything, in God we are all the same.
Black, white, brown, yellow, who cares. As far I am concerned those who believe are all brothers and sisters in Christ.
So who are you to judge ones colour and what makes you any better

You still don't get it, you have been trying to convince others, about your own personnel beliefs, on how you feel the bible should read, and we Christians must turn to you, you believe you to have all the answers. "NOT."
1 Corinthians 15-50-58 "Is about the final victory, firstly flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven, be hold we shall not all sleep but we shall be all changed. in a twinkling of an eye, for the trumpet will sound and the dead shall raise, "incorruptible"{meaning to say we have changed, from corruption to incorruptible} at the last trumpet we shall be all changed. And this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
{Meaning the ability to live forever, eternal life, everlasting life, deathlessness, everlastingness, timelessness}
"So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that its written: Death is swallowed up in victory."
No more death. Jesus said: he is the bread of life, the light of the world, the gate, the good shepherd, the resurrection and the life, the way and the truth and the life, the true vine.
O Death where is your sting O Hades where is your victory
The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
"But thanks be to God who has given us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Just by believing we have overcome death to life.
paxonel:

in the clouds?
Go and read the whole chapter of 1cor 15 and draw out the summary and find out why Paul will say a thing like
o death, where is your sting
grave, where is your victory .
After summarizing the chapter, if you are still saying that I cor 15:52 is rapture, then you really need to understand what a constructive argument is.
Because, the whole of that chapter is a constructive argument and
1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man(Adam ) came death, by man(the son of man, which is Jesus ) came also the resurrection of the dead.
Its just that, you people don't know why you are believing in Jesus, you were born into Christian family, confused by some ancient Catholic rapture doctrine which have no scriptural basis. you don't study your Bible to know why you are christians.
You read figurative statements in Bible(eg 1cor 15:52) without finding out the meaning.
You did not read the whole chapter either, so that you will know why 1cor 15:52 is there.
That's why they say, black man will always run into problem because they don't read
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
You say we Christians don't study our bibles, are you talking for yourself as well Or just us other Christians?
It seems the only scripture you know is 1 Corinthians 15.
You need to open your bible on regular bases and search it deeper, you will be amazed what you will find? Believe it or not there are other verses that backs up 1 Corinthians 15-and it may blow your mind, so I advise you to sit down first, we wouldn't want to hear 'you have falling over and bumped your head.
And because you believe the black fella's always run into problems because they don't read enough. By your statement It seems you believe you sit above, and the black people sit below?
This is a very sad way of thinking, so I have to advised you to sit down before you find any more information about any more truth in Christ, and how Christ is coming back for His bride the Church.
Revelation 21:1 "For the first heaven and the first earth passed away and there was no-longer any sea. {Meaning to say, our earth is not heaven-and its not Hell either, our earth is a place for making the right choices}
Matthew 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away but My words will never pass away.
Again if you don't like what the word says about meeting the dead in the clouds, talk to the lord about it. And tell Him He's wrong and your right.
paxonel:

in the clouds?
Go and read the whole chapter of 1cor 15 and draw out the summary.
1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man(the son of man, which is Jesus ) came also the resurrection of the dead.
Its just that, you people don't know why you are believing in Jesus, you were born into Christian family, you don't study your Bible to know why you are christians
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by bsjay(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
brocab:
It's quite unfortunate to know that death is still something so mysterious to many. Do not forget that u standing here on earth have within u the real ego, the core hence the real u standing in the other ends known as the beyond. It is this real u standing in the beyond that animated the physical body standing on earth and enables it to walk. If the cord connecting the real ego and the physical body which serves as a cloak for the real ego to be able to act on earth is tempered with sometimes through sickness, over cultivation, or severe pain, the ego severs itself from the ailing physical body in order not to feel the pain for a long time and this severance automatically results to what we see as death while the ego lives on. Now, to the question of the dead losing contact with loved ones, he or she actually lost no contact. He or she still sees the loved ones, hears all that they are saying and vigorously tries to call on their attention that he or she is still very much alive. But because of the spiritual conditions of the loved ones, they cannot hear, see nor sense the departed because they are either spiritually deaf and blind or spiritually dead. And in truth, this is the condition of more than half of humanity on earth today who call themselves believers. They prefer what those servants of darkness who parade themselves as servants of Light tell them because it pleases their itching ears and offers them a sense of comfort and ease. They prefer tinsels to pure gold. They accept stones instead of bread and therefore die slowly spiritually. A man that's truly alive both spiritually and physically is able to sense, feel, hear, see although sometimes partially the things going on in the world beyond. The condition of today's humanity is far worse than that of those in the time of Jesus on earth. They always expect the manifestation of God's Will or promises to come in a monstrous way not knowing that true greatness only lie in simplicity. They were expecting their Messiah but in their views, He would fall from the sky magically, or born in the ranks of the highly educated, super rich, etc. Unfortunately for them, the fulfilment came in a way so unassuming, so simple and the opportunity for them to embrace their Messiah passed them bye. And so is it this time in our days. Billions are expecting the second coming of Jesus in a monstrous way meanwhile He Who was to come which Jesus Himself bore witness of in Revelations1:4-5, might have come and gone unsuspectingly with very few who were able to recognise Him, accept Him and adhere to His everlasting gospel of the Kingdom, that which is perfect. Hence the fulfilment of the parable of the ten virgins. It is a sad picture but truth as it is. Every second and minute of the day is too precious to be wasted in blind faith. The clock is ticking no one knows when his or her end comes. No one is so sure of the next day on earth. Why don't we make such an effective use of the last chance God has mercifully granted us. The clock is ticking and the decision is ours. To save our souls or perish eternally.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by Freksy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
Proximo73:

when we all go away life on earth will be unbearable to people who remain. they will suffer tribulation

Both the righteous & the unrighteous will be on earth in time of the great tribulation, but the righteous ones will survive it.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
brocab:
You say we Christians don't study our bibles, are you talking for yourself as well Or just us other Christians?
It seems the only scripture you know is 1 Corinthians 15.
You need to open your bible on regular bases and search it deeper, you will be amazed what you will find? Believe it or not there are other verses that backs up 1 Corinthians 15-and it may blow your mind, so I advise you to sit down first, we wouldn't want to hear 'you have falling over and bumped your head.
And because you believe the black fella's always run into problems because they don't read enough. By your statement It seems you believe you sit above, and the black people sit below?
This is a very sad way of thinking, so I have to advised you to sit down before you find any more information about any more truth in Christ, and how Christ is coming back for His bride the Church.
Revelation 21:1 "For the first heaven and the first earth passed away and there was no-longer any sea. {Meaning to say, our earth is not heaven-and its not Hell either, our earth is a place for making the right choices}
Matthew 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away but My words will never pass away.
Again if you don't like what the word says about meeting the dead in the clouds, talk to the lord about it. And tell Him He's wrong and your right.
You quoted revelation 21:1
why don't you quote verse 2 so that you will understand the verse 1 you quoted?
Revelation 21:2 says And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
So, heaven has already come down from heaven.
no rapture.
about 95 percent Nigerian christians still believe their is rapture till now.
why will Nigeria not be a corruption nation?
Because their believe system is faulty.
rapture doctrine has made Nigerians not to stand up for their right and seek justice.
they want to go to heaven in the clouds .
meanwhile heaven is right inside them.
heaven is not a place.
heaven is people on earth.
Jesus says i will build my church.
he built his church since 2000 years ago.
that church is heaven on earth, it is people on earth, it is all christians, not any place in the clouds.
white men who brought Christianity to Africa understand this truth, africans just dey mumu themselves.
if you go to Europe you see how white men are enjoying their lives. They now understand Bible.
so, they take education seriously and develop their world.
they don't have time for foolish rapture delusion.
To them, rapture is delusion.
But Africans just they kill themselves.
poverty won finish Africa because them they wait for rapture, them nor won take education seriously
them nor won work

Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by PMIcon(m): 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
paxonel:

But people do preach Antichrist as if he is one spirit that will come and dominate humans making people to be afraid ?

smiley
The world will see that man of lawlessness has the real deal but he will violently attack the Church. And like James was killed by Herod, he will be allowed to have his way for a season. According to Daniel 11, he will give preferential treatment to Christians who turn away from the holy covenant we have with God in Christ. (This calls for the faith AND patience of the saint.) But those who know their God will be strong and do exploit.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by PMIcon(m): 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
paxonel:

Revelation 21:2 says And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Sorry but you should read that scripture well with open heart. Verse 1: new heaven and earth, verse 2: new Jerusalem. The new Jerusalem is not heaven. That verse clearly states it is a city only that this one is in the new heaven and will come down to the new earth.

Before I comment on your statement on rapture, let me ask what you mean by that word.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 2:20am On Jul 19, 2015
You and your parter in crime Paxonel are either false prophets, or you are both on drugs. I have read your quotations and all I have witnessed, you both have a mocking spirit hanging over you, shown no remorse towards any of the believers in Christ.
Paxonel don't like the Africans because He/she claims they don't read.
It seems you both work as a team twisting the word of God 'denying its power. Jesus was speaking about the end of the age {Meaning the end of the world}
But as you can see the world has life still, and as Paxonel claim's the world had already ended when Jesus was crucified, back then. And as he/she continual's in word 'we are now living in heaven on earth, so their is no longer 'the end of the world' theory left.
Listen with this sort of information you are both wasting your time, you can't turn Christians away from believing the truth, they believe-not only by faith but in works also. It shows clearly you are both trying so hard to draw people away from the Lord, do you really believe in Jesus-even the demons believe and tremble.
The bible isn't just written in the flesh 'and in black and white-its written in the Spirit, and in colour.
I don't really understand where you are coming from-but let me guess-spirits don't actually die. They either travel to be with the lord in heaven, or they end up burning in hell for eternity.
"Ho sorry," Paxonel claims this is heaven
Luke 16:19-31 "The beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's bosom, and also the rich man dies and he was delivered to torment in Hades, and he lifted up his eye's and saw Abraham afar off, and the poor man in his bosom.
As the story continual's the rich man asked Abraham to send the poor man Lazarus to his fathers house, {Mind you they had both died and now they are in the spirit} the rich man had asked Abraham to send the poor man Lazarus from the dead, so Lazarus will witness to the brothers that they will believe, and Abraham said he can't send Lazarus to them, and if your brothers need to believe, let them listen to Moses and the prophets, and if they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they listen though one raised from the dead.

Your words-Quote> the clock is ticking on-one knows when his or hers time will end. {But the lord knows, as its written}
bsjay:

It's quite unfortunate to know that death is still something so mysterious to many. Do not forget that u standing here on earth have within u the real ego, the core hence the real u standing in the other ends known as the beyond. It is this real u standing in the beyond that animated the physical body standing on earth and enables it to walk. If the cord connecting the real ego and the physical body which serves as a cloak for the real ego to be able to act on earth is tempered with sometimes through sickness, over cultivation, or severe pain, the ego severs itself from the ailing physical body in order not to feel the pain for a long time and this severance automatically results to what we see as death while the ego lives on. Now, to the question of the dead losing contact with loved ones, he or she actually lost no contact. He or she still sees the loved ones, hears all that they are saying and vigorously tries to call on their attention that he or she is still very much alive. But because of the spiritual conditions of the loved ones, they cannot hear, see nor sense the departed because they are either spiritually deaf and blind or spiritually dead. And in truth, this is the condition of more than half of humanity on earth today who call themselves believers. They prefer what those servants of darkness who parade themselves as servants of Light tell them because it pleases their itching ears and offers them a sense of comfort and ease. They prefer tinsels to pure gold. They accept stones instead of bread and therefore die slowly spiritually. A man that's truly alive both spiritually and physically is able to sense, feel, hear, see although sometimes partially the things going on in the world beyond. The condition of today's humanity is far worse than that of those in the time of Jesus on earth. They always expect the manifestation of God's Will or promises to come in a monstrous way not knowing that true greatness only lie in simplicity. They were expecting their Messiah but in their views, He would fall from the sky magically, or born in the ranks of the highly educated, super rich, etc. Unfortunately for them, the fulfilment came in a way so unassuming, so simple and the opportunity for them to embrace their Messiah passed them bye. And so is it this time in our days. Billions are expecting the second coming of Jesus in a monstrous way meanwhile He Who was to come which Jesus Himself bore witness of in Revelations1:4-5, might have come and gone unsuspectingly with very few who were able to recognise Him, accept Him and adhere to His everlasting gospel of the Kingdom, that which is perfect. Hence the fulfilment of the parable of the ten virgins. It is a sad picture but truth as it is. Every second and minute of the day is too precious to be wasted in blind faith. The clock is ticking no one knows when his or her end comes. No one is so sure of the next day on earth. Why don't we make such an effective use of the last chance God has mercifully granted us. The clock is ticking and the decision is ours. To save our souls or perish eternally.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 2:27am On Jul 19, 2015
Which picture do you belong too?
paxonel:

So, heaven has already come down from heaven.
no rapture.
about 95 percent Nigerian christians still believe their is rapture till now.
why will Nigeria not be a corruption nation?
Because their believe system is faulty.
rapture doctrine has made Nigerians not to stand up for their right and seek justice.
they want to go to heaven in the clouds .
meanwhile heaven is right inside them.
heaven is not a place.
heaven is people on earth.
Jesus says i will build my church.
he built his church since 2000 years ago.
that church is heaven on earth, it is people on earth, it is all christians, not any place in the clouds.
white men who brought Christianity to Africa understand this truth, africans just dey mumu themselves.
if you go to Europe you see how white men are enjoying their lives. They now understand Bible.
so, they take education seriously and develop their world.
they don't have time for foolish rapture illusion.
To them, rapture is illusion.
But Africans just they kill themselves.
poverty won finish Africa because them they wait for rapture, them nor won take education seriously
them nor won work
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 5:14am On Jul 19, 2015
Quote> So the question is "Will there be a caught up or not?
If the bible says-we will be caught up together with the dead in the clouds, then believe its true-because the lord said it in the bible its true.
starlingslimnet:
My brother I will have you understand the Scripture for yourself and not what you are taught in church of Christ fellowship.

There will be "Caught up" of believers the Scripture clearly portrays that in 1 Thess 4:15 " Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Many call it rapture the Scripture says "A caught Up".

So question is "Will there be a caught up or not?
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
brocab:
You don't like to term clouds then your argument is with God.
And I never said 1 Corinthians 15:52 was the rapture in the first place, you have me mixed up with another quoter's.
I suppose you have been speaking so much rubbish, you can't keep up with your own quotations to whom?.
Quote>That's why they say, black men always run into problems because they don't read?
Who says? You.
And what gives you the idea my skin colour is black-and not white? Besides what has the colour of a man' got anything to do with anything, in God we are all the same.
Black, white, brown, yellow, who cares. As far I am concerned those who believe are all brothers and sisters in Christ.
So who are you to judge ones colour and what makes you any better

You still don't get it, you have been trying to convince others, about your own personnel beliefs, on how you feel the bible should read, and we Christians must turn to you, you believe you to have all the answers. "NOT."
1 Corinthians 15-50-58 "Is about the final victory, firstly flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven, be hold we shall not all sleep but we shall be all changed. in a twinkling of an eye, for the trumpet will sound and the dead shall raise, "incorruptible"{meaning to say we have changed, from corruption to incorruptible} at the last trumpet we shall be all changed. And this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
{Meaning the ability to live forever, eternal life, everlasting life, deathlessness, everlastingness, timelessness}
"So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that its written: Death is swallowed up in victory."
No more death. Jesus said: he is the bread of life, the light of the world, the gate, the good shepherd, the resurrection and the life, the way and the truth and the life, the true vine.
O Death where is your sting O Hades where is your victory
The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
"But thanks be to God who has given us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Just by believing we have overcome death to life.
Thank God you agree with me that 1 cor 15:52 is not talking about rapture.
i don't know where you people are getting that rapture thing from.
certainly, not the Bible
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
PMIcon:

smiley
The world will see that man of lawlessness has the real deal but he will violently attack the Church. And like James was killed by Herod, he will be allowed to have his way for a season. According to Daniel 11, he will give preferential treatment to Christians who turn away from the holy covenant we have with God in Christ. (This calls for the faith AND patience of the saint.) But those who know their God will be strong and do exploit.
alright!
you have not been able to define Antichrist in the first place.
Antichrists ( against Christ or Christianity ) are people of other religions who fights to eliminate Christianity by killing christians.
Example is boko haram.
Paul, before he was converted was Antichrist because he killed and pesecuted Christians.
in general, antichrists were the Jews who refuses to be converted into Christianity, who denied that Jesus is the Christ, who killed christians because they thought that preaching Jesus Christ was heresy, so they killed the disciples.
1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
so, the Jews, having the old covenant from God, denied that Jesus is the Christ.
They are still waiting for the Christ to come till now, just like christians are still foolishly waiting for rapture.
meanwhile, Jesus has already come and gone
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
PMIcon:

Sorry but you should read that scripture well with open heart. Verse 1: new heaven and earth, verse 2: new Jerusalem. The new Jerusalem is not heaven. That verse clearly states it is a city only that this one is in the new heaven and will come down to the new earth.

Before I comment on your statement on rapture, let me ask what you mean by that word.
whether new heaven or new Jerusalem name do not matter.
All i was pointing out was, something came down from heaven to earth.
You can't dispute that fact.
English dictionary defined rapture as a feeling of great happiness or excitement.
i do not see how that definition correlate with people flying or disappearing to the clouds.
Christians should also know that sometimes the Bible uses the word heaven to mean the natural clouds up, and not some spiritual realm
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
brocab:
You and your parter in crime Paxonel are either false prophets, or you are both on drugs. I have read your quotations and all I have witnessed, you both have a mocking spirit hanging over you, shown no remorse towards any of the believers in Christ.
Paxonel don't like the Africans because He/she claims they don't read.
It seems you both work as a team twisting the word of God 'denying its power. Jesus was speaking about the end of the age {Meaning the end of the world}
But as you can see the world has life still, and as Paxonel claim's the world had already ended when Jesus was crucified, back then. And as he/she continual's in word 'we are now living in heaven on earth, so their is no longer 'the end of the world' theory left.
Listen with this sort of information you are both wasting your time, you can't turn Christians away from believing the truth, they believe-not only by faith but in works also. It shows clearly you are both trying so hard to draw people away from the Lord, do you really believe in Jesus-even the demons believe and tremble.
The bible isn't just written in the flesh 'and in black and white-its written in the Spirit, and in colour.
I don't really understand where you are coming from-but let me guess-spirits don't actually die. They either travel to be with the lord in heaven, or they end up burning in hell for eternity.
"Ho sorry," Paxonel claims this is heaven
Luke 16:19-31 "The beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's bosom, and also the rich man dies and he was delivered to torment in Hades, and he lifted up his eye's and saw Abraham afar off, and the poor man in his bosom.
As the story continual's the rich man asked Abraham to send the poor man Lazarus to his fathers house, {Mind you they had both died and now they are in the spirit} the rich man had asked Abraham to send the poor man Lazarus from the dead, so Lazarus will witness to the brothers that they will believe, and Abraham said he can't send Lazarus to them, and if your brothers need to believe, let them listen to Moses and the prophets, and if they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they listen though one raised from the dead.

Your words-Quote> the clock is ticking on-one knows when his or hers time will end. {But the lord knows, as its written}
so you do not understand one thing in all i was saying you are countering me?
if you like, call me names.
those who understand my point have understood me.
certainly, there will be changes in the way they perceive the scriptures when they go back to read again.
with that, there will be change in their mentality.
They will not be reasoning like the average nigerian reasons, and they will not take religion seriously again so that they will begin to take education and national development seriously for their benefit.
i have a lot of guys like this and their signature with their email on nairaland.
so, i will be the one to tell you, that you are wasting your time countering me.
You are fighting God and you, can never win.
Nigeria will surely change.
unfortunately for you, there are other ,guys who are educating people too, they are not on nairaland
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by PMIcon(m): 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
paxonel:

whether new heaven or new Jerusalem name do not matter.
All i was pointing out was, something came down from heaven to earth.
You can't dispute that fact.
English dictionary defined rapture as a feeling of great happiness or excitement.
i do not see how that definition correlate with people flying or disappearing to the clouds.
Christians should also know that sometimes the Bible uses the word heaven to mean the natural clouds up, and not some spiritual realm

I know what dictionary call rapture. I asked of what YOU meant by rapture when you say there is no rapture.

1.There will be no such word in English if it doesnt exist but I can see you weren't refering to the English meaning.

2. It takes humility to grow in knowlege and walk with God. You don't always have to be right.
How is it that the interpretation of a clear simple statement in the scriptures becomes complex only when it is contrary to what you believe? We must be bent by God's word, bent towards the word; we don't bend the word to what we believe.

I plead you go and study what the scripture says on what many Christians now call rapture with reverence- to know God's will, not to prove you are right. It makes all the difference in the world.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 1:09am On Jul 20, 2015
As quote> They will not take religion again seriously again so that they will begin to take education and national development seriously for their benefit.
Your quote> sounds-you have decided to take religion away from the Nairalands and others-because you feel they aren't doing enough for themselves, you also feel 'they should be out there retrieving more worldly education, just to get a job-in this day and age, in my country people can't get the work they need, its even harder when one can't afford to study to retrieve any qualifications.
Age makes a difference. So when you see people turning towards God, its not because they are lazy-its because the lord says seek and you will find. Remember it was our ancestors that prayed to the lord to bring us "all" into this world, It don't mean one hasn't any skills. it just means no-one is hiring the people. And if you want people to listen to you then I advise you not to twist the word of God around saying the end has already come.
So if your heart is about helping the people, then at least speak to them about the truth.
Jesus said>Matthew 6:33 "First seek the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Seeking the lord first is a great start-Its what every Christian should do. Its His wisdom with His knowledge, that supplies our needs on daily bases.
And if the Narialands are waiting on the Lord? "then" Let them wait. Sometimes things take time.
I am sure if the lord calls for certain people to work He will supply, {ask and it shall be given} but for the others, He had called them to be prey warriors, so our nations will survive, when hell on earth breaks out at the end of the age..

All this shouldn't bother you anyway? Your best shot is do what you do best. Live. how you live. And let God worry about the nations and Nairaland.
As Quote> You are fighting God, and you can never win. Well I have news for you God and His word has already won.
As quote> unfortunately there are other guys, who are educated people too, they are not on Nairaland.
Again it seems you have a poor ling Idea, that those you have chosen to write on this forum, {such as you} are either helpless and are uneducated, does this mean you have judged me, even though I am not from your country Nairaland.
As Quote> You say if I like I can call you names-but it seems the name calling has come from you, not only mocking the Christians, but Nairaland people as well.
its important to note 'either Black or White, we are all part of God's image.
paxonel:

so you do not understand one thing in all i was saying you are countering me?
if you like, call me names.
those who understand my point have understood me.
certainly, there will be changes in the way they perceive the scriptures when they go back to read again.
with that, there will be change in their mentality.
They will not be reasoning like the average nigerian reasons, and they will not take religion seriously again so that they will begin to take education and national development seriously for their benefit.
i have a lot of guys like this and their signature with their email on nairaland.
so, i will be the one to tell you, that you are wasting your time countering me.
You are fighting God and you, can never win.
Nigeria will surely change.
unfortunately for you, there are other ,guys who are educating people too, they are not on nairaland
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 2:02am On Jul 20, 2015
This rapture name had already been written to you by another quoter, explaining where people get the rapture name from, where Jesus had written we will be caught up together with them in the clouds. Thessalonians 4:17 . Caught up is another meaning to Rapture.
paxonel:

Thank God you agree with me that 1 cor 15:52 is not talking about rapture.
i don't know where you people are getting that rapture thing from.
certainly, not the Bible
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2015
brocab:
This rapture name had already been written to you by another quoter, explaining where people get the rapture name from, where Jesus had written we will be caught up together with them in the clouds. Thessalonians 4:17 . Caught up is another meaning to Rapture.

That is a big lie.
caught is never rapture.
caught is interaction of people here on earth.
caught up is, we are alive here on earth, and people who once died, they resurrect and we who are alive see them and interact(caught up ) with them.
This thing happen everyday But you people are blind.
You don't understand scriptures.
If you like, go back again and calm down and read the whole chapter of 1 thes 4 ,word for word, from the beginning to the end, it's for your own good .
when a person dies people weep and there is sorrow, But happiness comes when a child is given birth to. This is the caught up.
1 Thes 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
christians who understand it uses this scripture to comfort fellow christians who are bereaved of their love ones, that they are not dead but are alive interacting(caught up with other christians who alive) somewhere on earth.
And our new born babes caught up with us at birth.
This is what the scripture is trying to explain when it says
...together with them in the clouds, to meet the lord in the air.
it is this statement that is confusing you people .
You are not a small child.
Grow up, think and understand
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rapture is a means of transport, look it up in the directory. Don't jump to far a head of yourself; The word rapture isn't found written anywhere in the bible-but other meanings [that sounds] to the rapture word is. Such as we will be caught up {transported} together in the clouds, to meet the lord in the air.
Go back to your bible sit down and pray-ask the Holy Spirit to lead you when reading 1 Thessalonian's 4 From 13-18 its about the comfort of Christ's coming.
Christ said He will come back a second time-Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ has offered Once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a SECOND TIME, apart from sin, for Salvation.
Mark 16:9 "Christ had risen, He had arrived in birth, crucified and rose again for our Sins the first time, He said: He is coming back the second time for salvation.
Christ had to raise, so we can live.1 Corinthians 15:22
1 Thessalonian's 4-17-18 "Then we who are alive and remain {other words on Earth} shall be caught up together with them {The dead had risen} in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air{up above} And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
V's 18"Therefore comfort one another with these words{meaning to say, He is coming the second time} Comfort one another{Give the believers hope and happiness, sharing with them the promised Jesus Christ is returning to collect His elect a Second time} And this time we can all be with Christ for eternity, in the new heaven and the new earth..

It hasn't happen yet, but it will at the end of the age. listen and learn.
paxonel:

That is a big lie.
caught is never rapture.
caught up is, we are alive here on earth, and people who once died, they resurrect and we who are alive see them and interact(caught up ) with them.
If you like, go back again and calm down and read the whole chapter of 1 thes 4 ,word for word, from the beginning to the end, it's for your own good .
when a person dies people weep and there is sorrow, But happiness comes when a child is given birth to. This is the caught up.
christians who understand it uses this scripture to comfort fellow christians who are bereaved of their love ones, that they are not dead but are alive interacting(caught up with other christians who alive) somewhere on earth.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 12:48am On Jul 21, 2015
Jesus said: By there fruits you will know them.
As Quote>So you say-we are alive here on earth and people who once died, they resurrect and we who are alive see them interact {caught up} with them-and this thing happens everyday.
I am finding it hard to even understand your logic, It seems you believe Jesus had already come back the second time, and you are already in some kind of a heaven.
To be honest, I don't think anyone can understand your logic, you speak in riddles, rather then speaking the truth. Is this your only definition on the word Caught up?
Other meanings to the words Caught up are-Come, Contact, Match, Meet, Near, Reach.
1 Thessalonian's 4 say's the lord will {Meet} us in the clouds.

If You still don't agree with the meanings to caught up-then I advise you to either read up in the dictionary, or explain yourself more clearly explaining your theory loud and clear.
paxonel:

That is a big lie.
caught is never rapture.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 9:03am On Jul 21, 2015
one thing about Africans they think being diabolical is being spiritual.
They can afford to go to juju because they think juju works, But things don't work that way in real life.
Because they believe juju works that makes them think rapture will work.
white men knows juju don't work, rapture is riddle, not real life. so they preach it to mumu africans because they know africans believe in juju and diabolism which do not exist in the real sense.
Today Africa remain in delusion and confusion .
Na only education go save Africa
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2015
brocab:
As quote> They will not take religion again seriously again so that they will begin to take education and national development seriously for their benefit.
Your quote> sounds-you have decided to take religion away from the Nairalands and others-because you feel they aren't doing enough for themselves, you also feel 'they should be out there retrieving more worldly education, just to get a job-in this day and age, in my country people can't get the work they need, its even harder when one can't afford to study to retrieve any qualifications.
Age makes a difference. So when you see people turning towards God, its not because they are lazy-its because the lord says seek and you will find. Remember it was our ancestors that prayed to the lord to bring us "all" into this world, It don't mean one hasn't any skills. it just means no-one is hiring the people. And if you want people to listen to you then I advise you not to twist the word of God around saying the end has already come.
So if your heart is about helping the people, then at least speak to them about the truth.
Jesus said>Matthew 6:33 "First seek the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Seeking the lord first is a great start-Its what every Christian should do. Its His wisdom with His knowledge, that supplies our needs on daily bases.
And if the Narialands are waiting on the Lord? "then" Let them wait. Sometimes things take time.
I am sure if the lord calls for certain people to work He will supply, {ask and it shall be given} but for the others, He had called them to be prey warriors, so our nations will survive, when hell on earth breaks out at the end of the age..

All this shouldn't bother you anyway? Your best shot is do what you do best. Live. how you live. And let God worry about the nations and Nairaland.
As Quote> You are fighting God, and you can never win. Well I have news for you God and His word has already won.
As quote> unfortunately there are other guys, who are educated people too, they are not on Nairaland.
Again it seems you have a poor ling Idea, that those you have chosen to write on this forum, {such as you} are either helpless and are uneducated, does this mean you have judged me, even though I am not from your country Nairaland.
As Quote> You say if I like I can call you names-but it seems the name calling has come from you, not only mocking the Christians, but Nairaland people as well.
its important to note 'either Black or White, we are all part of God's image.
please you have already seeked God's kingdom by being a Christian and not a Muslim.
You don't need church or ordinances or anything else But to avoid sin by loving your neighbour as yourself and enjoy your life here on earth
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 12:59am On Jul 22, 2015
And I am enjoying my stay here on earth, being led by the Holy Spirit, everyday seeking new and better ways how to live a smoother life. Writing and studying the word of God, searching and learning new ways, finding written truths about our Lord as He lives.
Loving God-and loving my neighbour as myself. {Believing what was, believing what is, and believing what's to come}
Jesus Christ is Lord the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
How about you-who do you believe in-Has Christ came-"Or is Christ coming
paxonel:

please you have already seeked God's kingdom by being a Christian and not a Muslim.
You don't need church or ordinances or anything else But to avoid sin by loving your neighbour as yourself and enjoy your life here on earth
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by brocab: 1:57am On Jul 22, 2015
Is Juju a Gypsie word for luck
I suppose when nothing else seems to work-people in genial find artefacts to cling onto. We call it idol worship-this started back in the days when the Church started to idolise status-a pagan belief that change the world-taken people away from the image of God.
What has the Rapture got to do with Juju
This just shows people are walking with demons rather then walking with God.
paxonel:
one thing about Africans they think being diabolical is being spiritual.
They can afford to go to juju because they think juju works, But things don't work that way in real life.
Because they believe juju works that makes them think rapture will work.
white men knows juju don't work, rapture is riddle, not real life. so they preach it to mumu africans because they know africans believe in juju and diabolism which do not exist in the real sense.
Today Africa remain in delusion and confusion .
Na only education go save Africa
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 7:47am On Jul 22, 2015
brocab:
Is Juju a Gypsie word for luck
I suppose when nothing else seems to work-people in genial find artefacts to cling onto. We call it idol worship-this started back in the days when the Church started to idolise status-a pagan belief that change the world-taken people away from the image of God.
What has the Rapture got to do with Juju
This just shows people are walking with demons rather then walking with God.
Demons and Juju do not exist in this physical world ,
They are all fictions.
Humans are the demons or angels by their actions,as the case may be.
The same thing with rapture.
people can never fly to the clouds or some mysterious disappearance in this physical world. If we die, anything can happen in the spirit, But certainly, not this physical world that we are living.
Re: Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... by paxonel(m): 7:55am On Jul 22, 2015
brocab:
And I am enjoying my stay here on earth, being led by the Holy Spirit, everyday seeking new and better ways how to live a smoother life. Writing and studying the word of God, searching and learning new ways, finding written truths about our Lord as He lives.
Loving God-and loving my neighbour as myself. {Believing what was, believing what is, and believing what's to come}
Jesus Christ is Lord the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
How about you-who do you believe in-Has Christ came-"Or is Christ coming
You are good, you don't have any problem with God.
You are perfect the way you are like this, as far as God is concern. Simply because you believe in Jesus.
The same thing with me.
i believe that, to say Christ is coming is understatement.
Christ is already here with us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Traits Of False Teachers / Adeboye's Son Romances Society Woman Leader / Are Roman Catholics Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.