Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,923 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:34 AM

Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? (12840 Views)

The Nigerian Bank That Operates The Best Kiddies' Account. / How Best To Treat House-helps (photos) / Kiddies Antifugas Diapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by timbros(m): 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
I've been planning to open a kiddies bank account for my one year old daughter. Procrastination have prevented me from doing so till now. Please I need suggestions.

Along with your suggestions, I'll appreciate more info on requirements to opening it, how it works and average % interests attached etc...

Thanks in advance.

N.B: I don't know which section to post this but I decided to post here believing that I will get positive suggestions from fellow parents that have done this before. However if the mods think of another section more suitable, feel free to move the thread.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
GTBank!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by timbros(m): 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
misssclassy:
GTBank!

Thanks.

Can you give me more info on GTBank's kids account?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by NL1960: 11:47am On Jul 09, 2015
timbros:

Thanks.

Can you give me more info on GTBank's kids account?

Iam also interested in this info on GTBank's kids account. I have been hearing so much about Fidelity Bank's kids account. I have asked them a couple of questions online and iam satisfied with their responses. I have almost concluded on opening with them.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by pickabeau1: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by lynnj: 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
Eco bank. They have my first account and every children's day (May 27) you get a special gift for saving for your child. Also you could give a direct debit instruction from your account to your child account which spare you the time to visit the bank all the time.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by timbros(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
NL1960:

Iam also interested in this info on GTBank's kids account. I have been hearing so much about Fidelity Bank's kids account. I have asked them a couple of questions online and iam satisfied with their responses. I have almost concluded on opening with them.

Can you share the info you got from Fidelity?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by timbros(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
lynnj:
Eco bank. They have my first account and every children's day (May 27) you get a special gift for saving for your child. Also you could give a direct debit instruction from your account to your child account which spare you the time to visit the bank all the time.

Thanks.

Whats the interest rate like?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by timbros(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by NL1960: 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
timbros:

Can you share the info you got from Fidelity?

https://www.fidelitybankplc.com/index.php/products/savings-account

It is called Fidelity SWEETA Account. I was told by a woman who operates it for her child that they normally do an end-of-xmas party for the kids that have a certain balance.

You can also have a live chat with somebody from their website where you can ask any question. I was particular about the withdrawal conditions because i intend to be depositing a fixed amount every month and may withdraw if need for school fees and i was told from the live chat that i could do that.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by aameyah(f): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
Diamond Bank.

I will get a friend I know to send you more info in your mailbox.
They are even having a kiddies party for their children this July 14th as I learnt. The interest rate seems very nice too.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 27, 2016
http://moneyshop.com.ng/banks/kids-savings/
Late post..but I think it will be useful someway somehow wink
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by contease(m): 6:31pm On May 18, 2016
timbros:
I've been planning to open a kiddies bank account for my one year old daughter. Procrastination have prevented me from doing so till now. Please I need suggestions.

Along with your suggestions, I'll appreciate more info on requirements to opening it, how it works and average % interests attached etc...

Thanks in advance.

N.B: I don't know which section to post this but I decided to post here believing that I will get positive suggestions from fellow parents that have done this before. However if the mods think of another section more suitable, feel free to move the thread.

I suppose u must hv decided on one by now. I sent u a pm on this same issue, kindly respond so we could share ideas.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? by Omoniceluk: 7:11am On Jul 05, 2020
Tanx for all the response but I learnt a lot but I think I will prefer the fidelity bank for my daughter so that I can always take from the money to pay her school fees if need be

(1) (Reply)

How To Cheat On Your Husband Without Being Caught / MOTHERS’ DAY: A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers / Palm Kernel Oil And Coconut Oil. ( Adin Eyan Ati Adin Agbon) Available Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.