Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

A Simple Trick To Cut Onions Without Making You Cry - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Simple Trick To Cut Onions Without Making You Cry (1622 Views)

Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) / Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] / Cut Onions Without Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Trick To Cut Onions Without Making You Cry by Edigrows: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
You may love onions, cutting them is probably a completely different story. You've really got to be a pro at slicing and dicing them without getting frustrated and shading tears.

Why do you Cry while Cutting Onions?

SIMPLE, THE GAS! THE REAL ENEMY IS THE GAS, NOT EVEN THE ONIONS

Onions grow and get their delicious flavor from sulfur, and hidden in each onion's core is a bulb containing that sulfur-based gas. When released into the air, the gas makes contact with the water in our eyes, creating sulfuric acid—right in our faces.

when you slice into an onion into its core, cutting perfectly in thin Rounds, you're sending a flood of awful gas from the sulfur-based areas directly into your eyes.

Now that you know that the inner gas-filled bulb is the cause of all your tears, how do YOU PREVENT CRYING (WATERY EYES) WHILE CUTTING ONIONS
The Answer is SIMPLE :
Before peeling the onion, take a paring knife and cut a circle around both the onion's root end and its gaseous inner bulb.

After cutting is completely round, pull the top of the onion out as one piece, this will keep the Gas intact, so the Gas won't be released.
You should see the entire length of its inner bulb, or center, attached as you pull the top off.
Dispose that Top properly. The rest part beneath is what you can do use for your cooking or any other purpose.

There's also A special Tool for Perfectly cutting the Top off an Onion to prevent that gas.
see it Below.
Re: A Simple Trick To Cut Onions Without Making You Cry by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
cool
Re: A Simple Trick To Cut Onions Without Making You Cry by Panshow(m): 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dispose ke? That's even the best part of the onion
Re: A Simple Trick To Cut Onions Without Making You Cry by TRADELYN: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
Fine, but the gas improves our eyes health-wise.
Re: A Simple Trick To Cut Onions Without Making You Cry by Edigrows: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
Freemanan:
cool
u read the post yet? coz i know wats on ya mind grin
Re: A Simple Trick To Cut Onions Without Making You Cry by Edigrows: 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
TRADELYN:
Fine, but the gas improves our eyes health-wise.
pepperish stuff good for eye? undecided i prefer eating it, not directly letting it enter my eye
Re: A Simple Trick To Cut Onions Without Making You Cry by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
Edigrows:

u read the post yet? coz i know wats on ya mind grin
I did Mate.
And will try it first thing tomorrow, if my eye brings rain ehn... hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish A.K.A. Point And Kill / Nigerian Food Meal Prep Ideas + Tips / Fried Banana Instead Of Plantains ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.