Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Story: A Precious Moment In Time - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A Precious Moment In Time (1610 Views)

Poll: Rate this story on a scale of 1 to 4

4 (Very Good): 0% (0 votes)
3 (Good): 100% (1 vote)
2 (Fair): 0% (0 votes)
1 (Poor): 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) / Story: A New Dawn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story: A Precious Moment In Time by Orikinla(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2006
A Precious Moment In Time

I fell in love with Uncle Biko at first sight in 1994 when I was only six years old. And he was 21. He was a lanky young man with the looks of an enchanted Greek- roman demi god. An African Adonis, standing and walking tall. His piercing deep brown eyes could make you blush once he gazed at you.

I remembered that evening when he carried me in his arms and swung me around whilst Aminat watched. I felt so excited that I wished that this precious moment would last forever. Phew!
“ Uncle Biko! Carry me and swing me again!” I said as he put me down.
“ I am tired Abbiba,” he said with a sigh.
“ Let him relax,” Aminat said with a cheerful smile.
“ Hmmn-mn,” I grunted and shrugged my shoulders.
“ And we have to go. It is getting late. I don’t want your parents to start wondering where I have taken you,” said Aminat.
That was a very good excuse to take me away from my heartthrob.
She was getting jealous. I could swear. I made a face in protest.

Aminat was in love with Biko, but he had more attractive girls and women to distract his attention from her. Because, I knew he did not really find her appealing. He often left her standing whenever he saw more appealing female companions to tickle. And I knew that he would not have treated me that way if I were old enough to go out with him. I saw it in his starry eyes every time he looked at me. So, I bided my time. Let’s wait and see.

I have waited for over ten years for today. And I was very glad to be 16 and his “sweet sixteen”. I was willing to go all the way with him. Come rain or shine.

“You know I have always loved you from your childhood. And I have waited patiently for you to grow up. And I am so happy to see that you have grown into a very beautiful young woman,” Biko said and lifted me off my feet. The reveries of those days he carried me and swung me playfully filled my mind and I cherished the sweet memories.
“Oh, Biko! I love you,” I cooed.
This was no infatuation. I was in love with a 31 year old man and I knew it.
But he never attempted to make love me until my third year at the University of Lagos.

Age is just a number. Maturity is in the mind. Biko could pass for any of the young male students. And most of my college mates mistook him for one of our fellow students. He was athletic in stature and dashing in appearance. My roommates adored him the day he danced with us in our room. He was a very exciting person to converse with and had a good sense of humour. He tickled our fancies. We even included him in our organizing committee for our campus beauty pageants. Most of us wanted to be seen in his company. And if he wanted to make love to us, many would have obliged. But, he never misbehaved. He was very faithful to me. I never disclosed his real age to them. So, I felt no inhibitions whatsoever as uncle Biko lifted me off my feet and put me on his spacious bed eagle-spread. And I was in the state of nature, stark naked.

It was raining. It was already past 8pm. I knew that I would not be returning to the campus tonight. I was in good hands. I felt comfortable in the arms of the man who loved me and would make me a woman. I surrendered my whole body to him and he adored me. His kisses set my body on fire in the heat of passion. I welcomed every stroke and every thrust as he made love to me for the first time. And I lost my innocence. He used his lips and tongue to lap away my tears as I wept in the joy of the passion of pure and true love.
How I wished he would marry me and we would live together happily. “How I wish that these precious moments will last forever,” I purred.
“And will never end?” he whispered.
“Oh, Biko. My first love.”
“And the last?”
I couldn’t respond to that. Let’s wait and see.

Re: Story: A Precious Moment In Time by iice(f): 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2006
i love the title (i used that phrase alot in my head when i go into poetry mode)
It's a nice story and the ending is quite not what i was expecting but i loved it nevertheless.
Re: Story: A Precious Moment In Time by Orikinla(m): 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2006
This shorter short story was just on what happened at the precious moment in time. Finis.
No girl ever forgets their first love and that precious moment of their first intercourse with their first love. wink
Re: Story: A Precious Moment In Time by Seun(m): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2006
Why do you like stories of old men and teenagers in "love" (i.e. sex)?
Re: Story: A Precious Moment In Time by Orikinla(m): 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2006
Seun,
They are actually based on true life experiences and the characters are well known to me.

I am interested in these aspects of human romance and sexuality. Since our Nigerian psychologists are lazy to study common experiences in human behaviour of young women romance with older men in Nigeria, I have to chronicle them.
Re: Story: A Precious Moment In Time by Seun(m): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2006
Have you been involved in such relationships?
Re: Story: A Precious Moment In Time by adetunrayo(f): 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2006
why are u so inquisitive seun?
Re: Story: A Precious Moment In Time by Seun(m): 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2006
Sorry. I was curious, but I think I have to withdraw the question!

(1) (Reply)

Using The Law Of Attraction To Attract Money / Boredom Made Me Do It! - A Short Emotional Boy Tale. / <I Am But A Boy>( An Adamawa story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.