Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,887 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:43 AM

VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 (14477 Views)

Do You Need Camry 2010 Or 2012/venza/sienna 2010? / Which Is Better; Lexus RX 350 Or Toyota Highlander / Volkswagen Jetta 2010 Or Volvo S40 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
cne010:

When I compared I was sure and you're thinking.

The 2001 Clk has that option for the tire pressure Guage and can be installed on a 2001 Camry, I can show you link from mbworld.com

Sorry to bust your bubble the 2001 C class has a Navi from Factory.

The 2001 has a smart key reason why the 2001 Camry lists the most stolen car in Nigeria, the smart key on the Benz since 1999 aka suck in key is tap to start you don't have to start it like regular cars.

Are you not ashamed comparing 2010 to 2001 and still losing?

For safety reasons Benz with push to start still using the key cos you can remove the push to start button from 2005 incase of emergencies.

The TPM is a light for the Mercedes, my dad has a Benz so I know, it's not an actual screen showing you 4 tyres and their pressure for each tire.

No, the 2001 Benz does not have a smart key. The Japanese came up with that tech in 03/04. That is the push to start button. It actually adds security not weakens it because in order to start the car, your key has a proximity sensor that allows the car to start.

Are you sure you know about cars?
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

The TPM is a light for the Mercedes, my dad has a Benz so I know, it's not an actual screen showing you 4 tyres and their pressure for each tire.

No, the 2001 Benz does not have a smart key. The Japanese came up with that tech in 03/04. That is the push to start button. It actually adds security not weakens it because in order to start the car, your key has a proximity sensor that allows the car to start.

When I get home would send you the picture when distronic and tyre pressure was retrofitted on a 2001 W203.

The facelifted W202 even has a smart key what happened you didn't google that?

Nobody said push to start weakens the cars security.

You fail again!
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
cne010:

When I get home would send you the picture when distronic and tyre pressure was retrofitted on a 2001 W203.

The facelifted W202 even has a smart key what happened you didn't google that?

Nobody said push to start weakens the cars security.

You fail again!

Anything can be retrofitted into a car, any car for that matter. This isn't what this is about. It's about how the Japanese (and South Koreans) are light years ahead of anyone else in technology. Nice try though
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
lomomike:
Who ever compares a Camry with a Jetta based on body size, engine power, EPA classification etc don't know cars. A Camry however boring is a higher more up-scale car than a Jetta. A Camry competes with a Passat.

Folks in NL who have no prior experience about automobile and their classification and are biased towards a particular brand just type these days....

Talking about over familiarity with Camry and Accord.

The fact that one faceless soul behind a phone, tablet, pc types a skewed review doesn't make over 60million americans who've purchased Camry in the last 25 years wrong. It shows you faceless soul is utterly wrong.

I said that and I stand by this word.

Camry is bigger in size, but i d go for the Jetta inspite of its petite looks it outclasses the camry. You will have a better driving experience with the Jetta, its not prone to wear and tear like the camry go for a Jetta with manual transmission, there you can be sure of 5yrs uninterrupted enjoyment.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
kaeforum:

Camry is bigger in size, but i d go for the Jetta inspite of its petite looks it outclasses the camry. You will have a better driving experience with the Jetta, its not prone to wear and tear like the camry go for a Jetta with manual transmission, there you can be sure of 5yrs uninterrupted enjoyment.
1. A jetta can't out class a camry, its a class lower.
2. Every machine is prone to wear and tear either thru normal usage with age or abuse (this is called depreciation)
3. Camry comes in both auto and manual transmissio (i havent checked 2013-date models though).
VW i dont think give 5years waranty on engine and transmission (i think its either 100,000mile/3years (i'll research about it).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by abatically(m): 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
kaeforum:

If camry is so prone to wear and tear then why does it sell more than jetta by a very BIG margin. It doesn't make sense. Why is camry used for taxi since it is prone to wear and tear, I'm sure no businessman would want to lose in his business. Have u seen the list of cars that are most likely to make the 200,000miles mark? Camry is there, where is jetta?

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/03/ten-for-the-long-haul/index.htm

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by alphabanks: 2:10am On Aug 28, 2015
what you guys need is a good tv show..top gear Nigeria
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by BRATON: 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
Very interesting discussions.

I have used a 1998 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T and 1998 Camry tiny light. The Passat is years ahead of the Camry in terms of technology. The Passat had 4 airbags against the Camry's 2. The Passat handles far better than the Camry and it is an all round better car than the Camry except for cost of maintenance and ease of repairs. I currently have a 2005 Volkswagen New Jetta 2.5 package 2 and I do have friends with Camry, one of them with a 2011 Camry XLE with rev cam and navigation, thumb start and exquisite leather and wood grain interior. Even though the Jetta is a smaller car with less space especially for the rear seat passengers, it handles excellently well and has features that are not in the 2011 Camry that my friend has. The jetta is far more fuel efficient and delivers great performance with a six (6) speed automatic transmission. It's interior is leather with wood grain. The Jetta has 10 airbags which you may not find in a 2005 Camry XLE. The Jetta has premium sound, better than that of the Camry my friend has. Just like the 1998 Passat I had, the Jetta is more expensive to maintain than the Camry. Volkswagen cars generally have better safety features and are years ahead of their Toyota counterparts in terms of technology. Toyota cars look good and are far less expensive to maintain, with capable hands everywhere.
If you love performance and do not mind cost of maintenance I reccommend the Volkswagen Jetta or Passat or otherwise the Toyotas.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by abatically(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
BRATON:

I have used a 1998 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T and 1998 Camry tiny light. The Passat is years ahead of the Camry in terms of technology. The Passat had 4 airbags against the Camry's 2. The Passat handles far better than the Camry and it is an all round better car than the Camry except for cost of maintenance and ease of repairs. I currently have a 2005 Volkswagen New Jetta 2.5 package 2 and I do have friends with Camry, one of them with a 2011 Camry XLE with rev cam and navigation, thumb start and exquisite leather and wood grain interior. Even though the Jetta is a smaller car with less space especially for the rear seat passengers, it handles excellently well and has features that are not in the 2011 Camry that my friend has. The jetta is far more fuel efficient and delivers great performance with a six (6) speed automatic transmission. It's interior is leather with wood grain. The Jetta has 10 airbags which you may not find in a 2005 Camry XLE. The Jetta has premium sound, better than that of the Camry my friend has. Just like the 1998 Passat I had, the Jetta is more expensive to maintain than the Camry. Volkswagen cars generally have better safety features and are years ahead of their Toyota counterparts in terms of technology. Toyota cars look good and are far less expensive to maintain, with capable hands everywhere.
If you love performance and do not mind cost of maintenance I reccommend the Volkswagen Jetta or Passat or otherwise the Toyotas.

VW Passat... YES. But VW jetta against Camry? NO.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Yongi99(m): 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
following
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by kingreign(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
BRATON:

Lies from septic tank of hell.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by nurey(m): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
kingreign:

grin the jetta cannot triumph over the camry, but you also know the jetta will ridicule the camry a little bit
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by kingreign(m): 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
nurey:

grin the jetta cannot triumph over the camry, but you also know the jetta will ridicule the camry a little bit

Another cespit filled with lies.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Originalsly: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
@Op....I'm almost sure your doubts to which car to choose is based on German vs Japanese......not on the car itself. Go for the Jetta ...... if you want a small car....if you drive hard.... if you want to drag race.... if you would feel good knowing you're the owner of a "German machine"....if you are prepared to spend a lot and ever more often the longer you have the machine...and most importantly...if you are dead certain that your mechanic has the knowledge and tools to deal with the problems....especially electrical problems that will keep popping up. Go for the Camry if you want a smoother ride...if you want peace of mind and reliability....if you want to have a basically trouble free car that is much easier, wayyyy less costly to maintain and is much roomier... a car that most mechanics are familiar with and parts if needed are wayyyy easier and less expensive to get. I may not know what I'm talking about....but most likely the cars are both from the US....and there is a reason why the Camry has wayyyy better sales in the US than of any VW....regardless of class. What's the use of fancy cabin...sexy look...sportiness and all that when the car has a history of being unreliable? My view your choice.

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by nurey(m): 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
kingreign:
Another cespit filled with lies.
very funny grin
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by spartanian(m): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
cne010:

The OP is wrong for comparing both cars. But there you go claiming Mr. Engineer, have you ever fiddled the controls on the dash on a German car and also a Japanese car of the same year?

For example I give you the 2003 Corolla vs 2003 Benz C Class C200 or the 2007 Camry vs 2007 E Eclass And you're hear talking about Japanese having the best Electricals?

Kazeems can't even handle them hence people say Benz have tons of electrical problems, for the purpose of this argument let me show what a 2001 C Class can do electrically that a 2010 Camry is still wetting it's pants thinking of less a 2003 Corolla.

1. Electrical ones: any lights I mean either head lights or tails lights die another bulb substitutes it i.e If your pointer goes Bad you would get a message on your Dash that your reverse light now works as your pointer? Isn't that a smart car? I'm sure the 2013 Camry don't have that feature I've driven one let alone a 2003 Corolla

2. No message on the cluster to Guage your engine oil electrically if you're too tired to pull the dip stick. Come on Toyota!

3. Overheating the killer of engines in Nigeria your Benz tells you once your coolant is leaking and have gotten to the half marker. I know the Camry tells your when your washer fluid is low but can't tell you when your coolant is low so your eyes have to be glued to the temp Guage God bless the day your madame drives and don't know where the Guage is, ABenz will Beep and notify you electrically in English I mean. Need I go on?

4. One more I typing from my phone hand dey pain me, once it's evening your head lights come on once you unlock the car with your smart key, plus you can set how long in seconds you want your head lights and interior lights to stay on after shutting your door electrically, how about rain sensing wipers, parking sensors in a 2001 C Class. my flat mate in school had the 2003 corolla nothing to play with. Last bullet a 2001 C class has memory seats the 2013 Camry I drove didn't have that let alone Camry? 2 more you can't even do anything with your steering not even adjust the volume of your car stereo in a 2003 Corolla where is the Electricals boss, Reminds me can you change the language on your cluster in your 2005 corolla!! Oh my God no interactive cluster a 2001 W203 C Class can do all those. Oga Wey the electrics for Toyota

Are we still comparing Electricals? Toyota engine and gear shares the same ECU really?

Get your facts right our dear Engineer.

OP compare a Camry and a Passat next time.
Shikenan....nice one bro
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by refreshrate: 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
cne010:

The OP is wrong for comparing both cars. But there you go claiming Mr. Engineer, have you ever fiddled the controls on the dash on a German car and also a Japanese car of the same year?

For example I give you the 2003 Corolla vs 2003 Benz C Class C200 or the 2007 Camry vs 2007 E Eclass And you're hear talking about Japanese having the best Electricals?

Kazeems can't even handle them hence people say Benz have tons of electrical problems, for the purpose of this argument let me show what a 2001 C Class can do electrically that a 2010 Camry is still wetting it's pants thinking of less a 2003 Corolla.

1. Electrical ones: any lights I mean either head lights or tails lights die another bulb substitutes it i.e If your pointer goes Bad you would get a message on your Dash that your reverse light now works as your pointer? Isn't that a smart car? I'm sure the 2013 Camry don't have that feature I've driven one let alone a 2003 Corolla

2. No message on the cluster to Guage your engine oil electrically if you're too tired to pull the dip stick. Come on Toyota!

3. Overheating the killer of engines in Nigeria your Benz tells you once your coolant is leaking and have gotten to the half marker. I know the Camry tells your when your washer fluid is low but can't tell you when your coolant is low so your eyes have to be glued to the temp Guage God bless the day your madame drives and don't know where the Guage is, ABenz will Beep and notify you electrically in English I mean. Need I go on?

4. One more I typing from my phone hand dey pain me, once it's evening your head lights come on once you unlock the car with your smart key, plus you can set how long in seconds you want your head lights and interior lights to stay on after shutting your door electrically, how about rain sensing wipers, parking sensors in a 2001 C Class. my flat mate in school had the 2003 corolla nothing to play with. Last bullet a 2001 C class has memory seats the 2013 Camry I drove didn't have that let alone Camry? 2 more you can't even do anything with your steering not even adjust the volume of your car stereo in a 2003 Corolla where is the Electricals boss, Reminds me can you change the language on your cluster in your 2005 corolla!! Oh my God no interactive cluster a 2001 W203 C Class can do all those. Oga Wey the electrics for Toyota

Are we still comparing Electricals? Toyota engine and gear shares the same ECU really?

Who ees dis guy?

I honor you sir and i respect that which you respect.

meanwhile *follows*

I too like intelligence in both man and machine.

All these Japanese car pipulu dem wey no go let person see chance for road, oya over to you
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by JayZ55: 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
abatically:

Bros, do u know vw polo is better than Toyota Camry of any year. Yes the vw polo is faster, more luxurious and handles better than camry of any year because it is a GERMAN MACHINE.

Also opel vectra is better than honda accord of any year. Opel vectra is faster and more luxurious because it is a GERMAN MACHINE.

you lie about the accord, maybe the opel is faster than the 99/2000 accord but thats were it stops dn't even consider the v6 2003 upwards. you go burst ur engine bros!
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by JayZ55: 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
kingreign:

but u know the camry has terrible audio quality from its stereo, and all Camry handles badly if you know what it feels like driving a great car, plus poor quality in everything, its just an economical car, thats all nothing else!
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by kingreign(m): 9:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
JayZ55:

but u know the camry has terrible audio quality from its stereo, and all Camry handles badly if you know what it feels like driving a great car, plus poor quality in everything, its just an economical car, thats all nothing else!

Lies from hells kitchen.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by JayZ55: 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
kingreign:

Lies from hells kitchen.

na u sabi!
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by abatically(m): 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
JayZ55:

you lie about the accord, maybe the opel is faster than the 99/2000 accord but thats were it stops dn't even consider the v6 2003 upwards. you go burst ur engine bros!

Sarcasm mate
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by kingreign(m): 6:40am On Jan 30, 2016
JayZ55:

Opel faster than the 99 accord? Lwkm I laugh in Urdu

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by laptopsale(m): 7:34am On Jan 31, 2016
Fulaman198:
German cars are actually worse than Japanese cars, but better than American cars in terms of durability and reliability. I always find it funny that people who have no idea what they are talking about always say that German is better than Japanese.

Better looking? Maybe but that's opinionated (Pure Opinion, often given by Eurocentric reviewers (that are of European descent)). Japanese cars no matter what way you want to look at it are always technologically more advanced (if you know anything about car computer systems then you would know what I'm talking about Electrical Engineering 101), durable and more reliable.

End of Story.
huh
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by laptopsale(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2016
Fulaman198:

Shior 2001 C class come with smart key bros
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by makurch: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2017
OGA cne, beg gimme your digits lets talk on WhatsApp
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by makurch: 10:34am On Aug 11, 2017

OGA CNE2010 ABEG GIMME YOUR NUMBER LETS TALK ON WHATSAPP

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by makurch: 10:35am On Aug 11, 2017
cne010:

OGA CNE2010 ABEG GIMME YOUR DIGITS LETS TALK ON WHATSAPP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? / Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working / Funny Things Non-Car Enthusiasts Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.