Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,199 members, 7,780,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:51 PM

Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days (49544 Views)

Who Sang This Mtncaller Tune Song?? / Please What Is The Name Of The Female Artist That Sang This Song / Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by naptu2: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
architez:
Anybody has lijadu sisters?

Lijadu Sisters - Life's Gone Down Low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXwopLBHDfs
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by otiigba1(m): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Them days when music had meanings to it and made sense, not these new generation of jargon/noise they call music undecided
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by no2fuks(m): 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
tuffgongjo:
But better than now.
nothing new under the sun
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
sonnie10:

Uba ko poverty ni. We are talking about legendary singers.
Like SINA RAMBO?
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by sonnie10: 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
simonydurny:
Where is Christy Essien Igbokwe on this list

You mean Jegede's wife. Her name is Apino. Apena
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by reubenobi(m): 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
so una don forget oliver d koko abi
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by asumo12: 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
Blasting my oldies always

Haruna ishola
Barrister

But OP why kwam 1 no dey your list nah?

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by tuffgongjo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
no2fuks:

nothing new under the sun
No one said so,infact some of Sunny Ade's song are laced with sexual innuendos but life that time was better than now$music wise this generation sucks.

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by naptu2: 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
pickabeau1:

The Man, The Horse and The Boy - Evergreen

Here's a reading from the book of Wisdom.

(The main story is) Adapted from Aesop's Fables. . .

Ebenezer Obey - The Donkey, The Man And His Son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlk0WIlrgI
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by asumo12: 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

Kwam1 no dey your list Bro

shocked
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by pickabeau1: 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
naptu2:

Ebenezer Obey - The Man, The Boy And The Donkey

Thanks
cc: kingarizona1

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by stag: 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
God bless Orlando Owoh, Osita Osadebe, Orlando Julius, Victor Olaiya, Victor Uwaifo, Inyang Henshaw, Rex Lawson, Akaba Man, Mike Ejeagha, Sunny Ade, Ade Geto, Ojoge Daniel, Ayinla Omowura, Wale Glorious, Ligali Mukaiba, Ahuja Bello, Olavnji Yussuf, Peter Pick, Nelly Uchendu, Bright Chimezie, Danmaraya Jos, Kayode Fashola, I. K. Dairo Bill Friday, St. Augustine and the Rovers Dance Band, Professional Seagull Dance Band, Paulson Kalu, Ralph Amarabem, etc.

Indeed sir! And a more forgotten singer called 'Celestine Ukwu'. Very deep words that man sang on 'Igede'.
Fatai rolling dollar too had his voice on the drums.

#Nostalgia!

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by jackdaniels(m): 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hahaha.. Only one aboki was mentioned
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by stag: 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
asumo12:
Blasting my oldies always

Haruna ishola
Barrister

But OP why kwam 1 no dey your list nah?

Listened to his son Musiliyu a bit, but the Apala genre wasn't much my thing.

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by lordimmaogidi(m): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
Were is Legend Bright Chimezie,Sir Warrior,Ozoremena Ayaka Nsugbe Etc
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by stag: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
naptu2:

Ebenezer Obey - The Donkey, The Man And His Son.

Ketekete, Baba ati Omo. This song helped define certain principles in life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Uchwilliam(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
U made me hapi op..God bless u
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by asumo12: 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
stag:

Listened to his son Musiliyu a bit, but the Apala genre wasn't much my thing.

Ayahhh Bro listen to papa own gan gan u go know say if is not em e can't be em oooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by StephenJoseph(m): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
lolaxavier:
Yes, number 3 is d best. I luv dat his song "still searching" till eternity!
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by lexy2014: 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
Freemanan:
His reputation precedes that Mate... Don't you think?
U mean d chieftaincy part?
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by GudluckIBB(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
kingarizona1:
Good old Days.... Thanks To WAZOBIA fm's (old skool thursday, dunno if they still do it), I sing some of those songs like I was born in the 80's.

Meanwhile, can someone please help me with the name of this track, its a Song sang by Chief Ebenezer Obey... I think the chorus is... "Ko so no to le wa, kosi wa tale gu,Aha ha ha Haleluyah" x2..... Abeg my yoruba brothers... Sorry iffa no type am well

Ketekete............The man and the horse
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by lexy2014: 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
Freemanan:
His reputation precedes that Mate... Don't you think?
U mean d chieftaincy part?
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by GudluckIBB(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
warrenweste:
Please what about The great Funmi Adams does anyone has any of her works or her songs embarassed embarassed embarassed

I have Omolasho and Oyemetara

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Egbagirl(f): 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
kingarizona1:
Good old Days.... Thanks To WAZOBIA fm's (old skool thursday, dunno if they still do it), I sing some of those songs like I was born in the 80's.

Meanwhile, can someone please help me with the name of this track, its a Song sang by Chief Ebenezer Obey... I think the chorus is... "Ko so no to le wa, kosi wa tale gu,Aha ha ha Haleluyah" x2..... Abeg my yoruba brothers... Sorry iffa no type am well

The horse, the man, and the boy... You can find it on YouTube. And the second one is Edumare soro mi dayo
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by stag: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
gurunlocker:
only here to check on chief Ebenezer obey....

LEGEND

He is indeed a Legend!
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by GudluckIBB(m): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

I listened to Funmi Adams while growing up but i am noot sure i would put her in the same category with these legends.

Why? Funmi Adams was a legend that year bro!
Or you think Tonto Dike of today is better than her?
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by raphroye: 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
Highlife is the best, I have most of their songs on my laptop and phone...Highlife lovers ( i'm not talking to the kids o) like me can download them here WWW.tubidy.com just search for their name and u would surprise with the result.... Highlife is the best jare

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by GudluckIBB(m): 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
naptu2:

My favourite Nelly Uchendu songs are Mamausa , Waka About and one other song whose name I can not remember.

Nelly Uchendu - Love Nwantinti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7TxR37eeTw

You forgot to add Ndu,Ndu month raputo month Ndu
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
stag:

Indeed sir! And a more forgotten singer called 'Celestine Ukwu'. Very deep words that man sang on 'Igede'.
Fatai rolling dollar too had his voice on the drums.

#Nostalgia!
Celestine Okwu's "Ije Enu."
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by GudluckIBB(m): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
Chubhie:
Nostalgic! Osadebe,ebenezer obey and bongos back then when turn tables rule. Have been looking for when to get fuel for love track by winkers band. Anyone?

I have it bro!
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by GudluckIBB(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Or Chris Uba

Chris Mba not Chris Uba.
He sang Ucheena, Money
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by lakesidepapa(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
neweraomo:
I love Chris brown

Me too, I don't joke with his songs
, his voice and move is wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / 17 Amazing Quotes By Tupac Shakur About Moving On In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.