Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online (17869 Views)

How To Link Your BVN To Your Gtbank Acct Via Any Atms Nationwide. / BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / How To Link Your BVN To Your UBA Account Without Going To The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by juliustip(m): 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-fRthjRmn1Wo/VZ6lmAChvXI/AAAAAAAAA2I/7WE7l2e-3Vo/s320/bvn%2Bajthegenius.jpg[/img]
BVN(Bank Verification Number) activation has been an issue for bank customers ever since CBN made it a mandatory exercise for every account holder.

Earlier, the exercise end date was set to June. On this note, huge numbers of customers trooped in to their bank branches and like soldiers in a war zone, there were uproars in different areas of the country. Customers fighting each other, abusive speech from customers to bank officials and according to some witness count, Some persons collapsed while queuing for activation.

However, it was later postponed by the CBN till October 31st this year in other to permit customers who are yet to register do so. With this, what looked like a war became a nightmare as many retreated for a later day activation and things were back to normal.

One of the major issue of BVN is not just the activation itself, BUT also the LINKING of customers other bank account(s) to an already received BVN.
With this, First Bank Nigeria as its name implies became the first to launch an online BVN linking platform.
This would assist many to link their BVN to their First Bank account at the comfort of their home.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-zL0fjqNZSbA/VZ6kZuxRFJI/AAAAAAAAA2A/PTtDK5mWupg/s320/IMG_20150709_165813-734247.jpg[/img]
They announced the platform launch via their social media channel earlier today and lots of users accepted it as a welcome idea and hoping that other Banks follow suite.
To link your BVN visit: http://bvn.firstbanknigeria.com/form
How was your experience like while activating your BVN?
Comment below...

Source: AJtheGeniuS
Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by Topccy007: 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by ELTON123(m): 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
For real?
Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by Abugab(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
Welcome development.
My fear though, hope these internet rats and scammers don't have a way around this with links sent to people to linkup accounts and thus get details?
I will prefer to do the linking from a banking hall even if I have to visit all my banks.
Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by juliustip(m): 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
Abugab:
Welcome development.
My fear though, hope these internet rats and scammers don't have a way around this with links sent to people to linkup accounts and thus get details?
I will prefer to do the linking from a banking hall even if I have to visit all my banks.
Good point I'll say.
However my advice will be; People should be careful when entering their information online by checking the URL and see if it matches the stated official link.

1 Like

Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by sureway1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
smart Nigerians they just sent me a text now telling me to send my BVN#accountnumber#BVN code to 08076664444. l knew its a scam with the grammatical error in the text.

thank God l decided to check the authenticity online.

pls don't send your bank details to any Number..go to.
http://bvn.firstbanknigeria.com/form instead.

please help me flash this guy phone till em battery die.. 0807666444

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by elguaje(m): 9:31am On Oct 30, 2015
sureway1:
smart Nigerians they just sent me a text now telling me to send my BVN#accountnumber#BVN code to 08076664444. l knew its a scam with the grammatical error in the text.

that number is genuine

1 Like

Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by Engrkay11(m): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
elguaje:
that number is genuine
You sure ?

1 Like

Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by elguaje(m): 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
Engrkay11:
You sure ?
yep, their customer care verified it

1 Like

Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by anukulapo: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
sureway1:

The number and the process are also displayed on the ATM machine I used this morning. It's genuine.

1 Like

Re: BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online by Mosb(m): 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Did anybody get a delivery msg?

(1) (Reply)

Sujimoto Boss, Ogundele Emerges Vanguard Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020 / First Bank Increases Mobile App Transfer Limit To N1m / Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.