Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,331 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse (1082 Views)

I Need Advice From U Guys As Per Toyota Camry Muscle / Need Advice As Regards Purchasing A Lexus RX 300 / For Toyota/lexus & Honda Owners Only Experts In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by isseke: 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
i went out with my infiniti Qx4 1999. when it was time for me to go back home. the vehicle will start but cannot move no matter how you accelerate.so i got a mechanic but he could not figure out what the exact problem. please i will appreciate the contribution of expert in the forum thank's
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by mayor2013: 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
Run a diagnosis on your powertrain (engine and transmission) that would narrow it down to the cause of the problem. If you are in lagos i am running a free scan now for the next 1month. Call 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by isseke: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2015
Thank you mayor.yes i stay in lagos i will give u a call.
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
isseke:
i went out with my infiniti Qx4 1999. when it was time for me to go back home. the vehicle will start but cannot move no matter how you accelerate.so i got a mechanic but he could not figure out what the exact problem. please i will appreciate the contribution of expert in the forum thank's

once had a similar problem but after scanning, found out that the fault was Air intake temperature sensor. QX4 is the worse vehicle I have ever used as the car is very unreliable. At a time, mine decides when to function or not. Please consider selling the ride now or very soon it will become difficult to sell.
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by isseke: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2015
Thanks chibabe.the two mechanic that came to check it was refering to the auxilliary gear. even the gear master i brought complain thesame. but i want to get it scan first.
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
isseke:
Thanks chibabe.the two mechanic that came to check it was refering to the auxilliary gear. even the gear master i brought complain thesame. but i want to get it scan first.
Still monitor the ride and know the right time to sell, from my experience it comes a time when the SUV will keep your pocket always empty. One problem after another, issues after another. It may sound funny but mine was always giving problem once I get my salary... wanted to go spiritual grin
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by isseke: 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
well it all depends i have been using it for a while and the vehicle has been serving me well. am a regular traveller i use it often. all i do is the servicing and repair minor things on it. so it all depends.
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 12, 2015
chibabe3:
once had a similar problem but after scanning, found out that the fault was Air intake temperature sensor. QX4 is the worse vehicle I have ever used as the car is very unreliable. At a time, mine decides when to function or not. Please consider selling the ride now or very soon it will become difficult to sell.

then i say you bought a lemon or mechanics used evil hands on your vehicle. My QX4 never gave me any issue through out when she was with me. One year 7months yet the current owner still cruises it pass my area.
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by autowiz: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
Get your mechanic to disengage the propeller from the auxilary gear. Then try moving it and see if the propeller rotates. Then you can confirm if its the auxilary that is stuck. If it still doesn't rotate then its from your trannY( possibly the parking prawl not disengaging
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by Kashif(m): 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
isseke:

I assume you dont have forward or reverse movement.

When you select D or R, do you notice any engagement? If you do, you are most likely faced with a broken rear internal ring gear. The welding of the ring to the shell breaking and remaining inside RE4R01A is known in the industry.

But, see if you get anything off the TCM.
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by Kashif(m): 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
autowiz:
Get your mechanic to disengage the propeller from the gear. Then try moving it and see if the propeller rotates. Then you can confirm if its the trans axel that is stuck. If it still doesn't rotate then its from your gear( possibly the parking prawl not disengaging

How can the shaft rotate when disconnected? Please can a vehicle have transaxle and 'gear'?
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by isseke: 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
Kashif your predictions was absolutely correct. after running a scan on the vehicle recently. what you just predict was what, happen exactly so right now am looking forward to replace another TCM. thank's for your contribution.
Re: I Need Advice From The Experts In The Hosuse by autowiz: 3:50am On Jul 15, 2015
Disengaging the propeller from the auxilary will help determine if the auxilary is the problem

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Jetta 2010 Or Volvo S40 2010 / Toyota Camry 2.4 Aka Big Full. / Tyre Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.