Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,799 members, 7,798,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars (2506 Views)

6 Armoured Cars Arrive Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Ex-Heads Of State Got Armoured Cars From Dasuki - Daily Trust / Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by ikaboy: 12:39am On Jul 10, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has turned down an offer by the Federal Government to procure five new armoured Mercedes Benz S-600 (V222) cars for his use.

The cars which total cost is put at about N400m were planned to be purchased by the State House.

A Presidency source told journalists on Thursday that Buhari got to know of the plan when the Permanent Secretary, State House, Mr. Nebolisa Emodi, was briefing him of his ministry’s activities on Wednesday.

Miffed by the revelation, the President was said to have told Emodi that the purchase was unnecessary.

Describing it as a waste of scarce resources, the source said Buhari told the permanent secretary that the cars he inherited from former President Goodluck Jonathan were good enough for him.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars/

Change sought...Change delivered

2 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 10, 2015
wink
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Success1sMine: 12:42am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by timawoku(m): 12:59am On Jul 10, 2015
In PMB we trust!
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by ki02020(m): 1:00am On Jul 10, 2015
Thank GOD He rejected the offer.....accepting that offer will have given some E-robot the chance to critcize

3 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by ikaboy: 1:02am On Jul 10, 2015
ABEG add the sauce.
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 10, 2015
God Bless President Muhammadu Buhari for his simplicity.
GoD bless Nigeria.

As for Boko Haram, Ur fvcking days are numbered

3 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 10, 2015
What does he really need it for?

To crush bokoharaam ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:14am On Jul 10, 2015
This is buhari not Jonathan

4 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 10, 2015
If u are not Happy with this news Lagoon is always Available.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 10, 2015
ki02020:
Thank GOD He rejected the offer.....accepting that offer will have given some E-robot the chance to critcize
I tell u my brother. The wailing wailers are very annoying sometimes

2 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by denedene(m): 1:28am On Jul 10, 2015
i don't believe this story... PUBLICITY STUNTS

1 Like

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by ikaboy: 1:30am On Jul 10, 2015
denedene:
i don't believe this story... i smell lies
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by kenedy175(m): 1:32am On Jul 10, 2015
I'm coming
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by ORACLE1975(m): 2:11am On Jul 10, 2015
Whoever dreamed up this foolishness in the State house
should be relieved of his/her assignment with
immediate effect. These are the characters that
orchestrate wastage in governments. Thank JESUS that
Buhari is a righteous man, who believes in frugality! If it
were the Clueless One, his hangers-on would have gone
ahead to waste that N400M before he knew it. This
change is working already!Tell them to leave him alone I can see the future beyond.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by biggy4joe(m): 2:23am On Jul 10, 2015
ikaboy:
President Muhammadu Buhari has turned down an offer by the Federal Government to procure five new armoured Mercedes Benz S-600 (V222) cars for his use.
The cars which total cost is put at about N400m were planned to be purchased by the State House.
A Presidency source told journalists on Thursday that Buhari got to know of the plan when the Permanent Secretary, State House, Mr. Nebolisa Emodi, was briefing him of his ministry’s activities on Wednesday.
Miffed by the revelation, the President was said to have told Emodi that the purchase was unnecessary.
Describing it as a waste of scarce resources, the source said Buhari told the permanent secretary that the cars he inherited from former President Goodluck Jonathan were good enough for him.
http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars/
Change sought...Change delivered

if they sack dis man now they will say Buhari is ISLAMISING the country,how can a perm sec be thinking of armoured mercedez benz for the president after her inherited alot frm his predecessor,when alot of people r going to bed hungry.....Guess this people have failed to realise dat is no longer business as usual

3 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by ZACHIE: 2:24am On Jul 10, 2015
The Clueless One would've accepted regardless of our finances .
How much has PMB saved Nigeria this one month?
Certainly not meager

3 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Bollove: 2:49am On Jul 10, 2015
Only Satanoids would be missing GEJ (an insensitive president of poor background with poor mases) ..
GEJ would have procure this new cars in the name of National Security
Patience too would have procured new armoured cars too
Buhari's ascension within few months has saved Nigeria alot of money which some "I have no shoe" would have ordinarily spend without blinking an eye.

We should ask ourselves , shey na only past military leaders fit rule Nigeria better ni

All these Civilian President were something else in office ..........

God Bless PMB
God Bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by FaladSon: 3:20am On Jul 10, 2015
ikaboy:
ABEG add the sauce.
Look well man, the source as quoted is punch
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 10, 2015
This is the main reason Nigerians voted for him. In this area, he is better than former President Jonathan.

Buhari should also ensure that Ministries, parastatals and agencies do not go on a buying spree as is the practice every budget year in this country. Infact, with the establishment of Nissan, Volswagen and Innoson car assembly plants, Nigerian government has no business buying cars imported from overseas. They should patronise these companies 100% and encourage the populace to do same, if they don't want them to close shop and leave in a few months time.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Bootybuttchic(f): 5:25am On Jul 10, 2015
sai buhari cool
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:29am On Jul 10, 2015
Who else wakes up in the morning and checks their Facebook like its the morning paper?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by smsshola(m): 5:39am On Jul 10, 2015
Hmmmn assume he accept it, his critics for worse pass Stella Oduaglh..
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by kromoto: 5:45am On Jul 10, 2015
Pure propaganda from Buhari's handlers to gather public sympathy and acceptance for the administration.

Are we saying there are no cars in the state house or that they are not enough? What is wrong with the one he uses?

Publicity stunt from the PR guys! grin
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by KnowAll(m): 5:58am On Jul 10, 2015
Carry on d good work buhari u have just save this nation some un-ne essary expenses. Kudos to our General.

1 Like

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Jorussia(m): 6:10am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by richybanky(m): 6:15am On Jul 10, 2015
[s]
kromoto:
Pure propaganda from Buhari's handlers to gather public sympathy and acceptance for the administration.

Are we saying there are no cars in the state house or that they are not enough? What is wrong with the one he uses?

[/s]
Did u read wer he said d cars inherited frm GEJ were good enough for him? #WailingWailers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Iamoilprince(m): 6:16am On Jul 10, 2015
sai Baba
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by Jorussia(m): 6:16am On Jul 10, 2015
kromoto:

even when the briefing by state house perm secs,was quoted you still called this news a propaganda? My guy,learn to always say the truth no matter the side you are. Yesterday, despite the fact that i am a staunch APC supporter i rooted for the probe of tinubu by efcc.we should commend when necessary and condemn also,when necessary.

1 Like

Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by kromoto: 6:21am On Jul 10, 2015
Jorussia:
even when the briefing by state house perm secs,was quoted you still called this news a propaganda? My guy,learn to always say the truth no matter the side you are. Yesterday, despite the fact that i am a staunch APC supporter i rooted for the probe of tinubu by efcc.we should commend when necessary and condemn also,when necessary.

At times govt policy or statement is made to distract citizens from the reality or situation on ground. It doesn't matter who said, even the president can say something and mean the other. Wise up grin

No hard feelings bro.
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by kromoto: 6:24am On Jul 10, 2015
richybanky:
[s][/s]
Did u read wer he said d cars inherited frm GEJ were good enough for him? #WailingWailers

How many times will apc say something and reverse? Wake up to reality grin
Re: Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars by richybanky(m): 6:27am On Jul 10, 2015
kromoto:

How many times will apc say something and reverse? Wake up to reality grin
Hmmm, let dem come out and reverse it first or u already assuming dat dey going to reverse as soon as possible?
grin grin grin @bolded

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ministerial List, 21 Names: Ngige, fashola, Amaechi & others - Punch Newspaper / Salient Points Deduced From President Buhari's Media Chat Today - Must Read / Rare PIC Of Sir Muhammadu Sanusi, Grandfather To Sanusi Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.