Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east (28009 Views)

Fani-Kayode: ''I Met With Nnamdi Kanu, Made Friends With Boko Haram Prisoners'' / ‘FG Has Moved Boko haram Prisoners Out Of South east’ / Relocate Boko Haram Prisoners Out Of Igboland Now - Ohaneze Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 10, 2015
The Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi, on Thursday explained why the planned protest by traders against the relocation of some Boko Haram suspects to Anambra State did not hold in the state.

He told journalists during an inspection tour of ongoing projects in Abakaliki that since the suspects had already been taken to Abuja, the protest was unnecessary.

He said, “The traders have the right to protest but there was no need for the protest because we (South-East governors) had enjoined the Federal Government not to relocate any Boko Haram prisoner to any prison in the South-East. Those suspects brought to Anambra State have been taken back to Abuja.

“The state decided against the protest for the reason that the governors of the region had intimated the Presidency on their opinion on the matter, and so no need for anyone to encourage people of the state to take to the streets.”

Umahi said that risking the lives of the people of the state on the streets was not the best.

It was gathered that the planned protest by the traders was expected to take place simultaneously across the five states of the South-East.

The traders in Abakaliki, according to sources, were expected to convene at the Abakpa main market at about 8am.

They were to march round the state capital before converging at the Government House gate where Umahi was also expected to address them.

It was observed that riot mobile policemen had taken over the market to prevent the traders from embarking on the protest and to avert possible breakdown of law and order in the state.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Chris Anyanwu, said that the command had to beef up security on major roads and locations of the state to avert any possible breakdown of law and order.

He said, “We got wind of plans by traders in Abakaliki markets to stage a peaceful protest over what they alleged as relocation of persons suspected to be Boko Haram members to some prisons in the South-East. We had to mobilise our men immediately to major roads and locations in the state to avert any breakdown of law and order.

“Part of our responsibility is to ensure the security of lives and properties of the citizenry. We envisaged that hoodlums may take advantage of the protest to disrupt the peace of the state especially now that the election petition tribunal is sitting in the state capital. We don’t want people to loot peoples’ properties in the name of peaceful protest, so we had to mobilise our men.”

Meanwhile, the Speaker of the Cross River State House of Assembly, Mr. John Lebo, on Thursday said the state would resist any attempt to send Boko Haram suspects to prison facilities in the state.

Lebo said this in Calabar during his maiden press briefing with journalists.

The Speaker, who was reacting to a question on the recent public outcry over the relocation of Boko Haram suspects to a prison facility in Anambra State, said the Federal Government should not contemplate sending Boko Haram suspects to any prison facility in Cross River State.

He said emphatically that the state could not accommodate the suspects.

There are no fewer than six prisons sited in different locations including Calabar, Adim, Obubra, Ogoja and Obudu.

Lebo said, “We will resist relocation of Boko Haram suspects to Calabar Prisons or any other one in the state.”

He reiterated the assembly’s commitment towards making good laws that would impact positively on the lives of the citizens.

Lebo, who represents Abi state constituency in the House, also underscored the need for a robust relationship between the legislature and the executive, this he said, would help in deepening democracy in the country.

Comments in PUNCH newspapers
getserious
I hope this illiterate of a president has rescinded such decision. Why did he not send them to Kaduna and Zaria prisons? Eel rufai has a large capacity in Kaduna prison, and can be delivered to Sabo prison in Kano. These are locations that they could have access to mosques to pray and bomb.

ozaluoku
Only a senseless person will transfer these hoodlums to the east..back to sender abeg

ALUSI OKALAKWU
Let them relocate them to lagos state. They are lucky coz we would have kill all of them by massive mob attack, even soldiers cannot save them.

martin
So far Buhari is sounding like a confused man. No reasonable and strategic policies in place so far. This is a man that has ruled Nigeria before and had headed many organizations in the country in the past. He has been around for years to know exactly how to start the stone rolling. He was the same person that promised us heaven and earth on how to lead the fight against Boko Haram if h’s elected. This is the same Boko Haram that Goodluck administration almost defeated, which gained landmark international and national applause. including US,UN,CNN, and even goodluck’s enemy Al jazeera news. Now boko haram has completely resurfaced and capable of lunching an attack any where and anytime in the North.

Ralf
I dont believe anybody now…Till they d SE governors show us a solid proof. …Ndigbo, anyi ga emepe anya”….We must fight this conspiracy wit our last blood….No BH in SE….Per.

.http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-has-moved-bharam-prisoners-out-of-seast

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Badguytinz(m): 5:53am On Jul 10, 2015
At least we can take a chill pill now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Burger01(m): 5:55am On Jul 10, 2015
See them. Is SE not part of Nigeria?smiley

Modified:

May thunder fire those of you spamming my mentions with trash. SE people have every right to reject what they don't want..so also the federal govt has the mandate to secure and keep Nigeria peacefully safe. Moreso, Nigeria is supreme. Deal with that wailing wailers!

Peace smiley

22 Likes

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by elantraceey(f): 5:55am On Jul 10, 2015
I don't believe anything I see here anymore until there's proof that they have really been moved to Abuja.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 10, 2015
Burger01:
See them.Is SE not part of Nigeria?smiley

Boko haram is not the problem of the SS/SE the SW can take them if they like

140 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Chibuhealth(f): 5:59am On Jul 10, 2015
I don't think so... Maybe he has been giving some money to say this. Let them show us pics of the buses conveying them back to North

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Burger01(m): 6:01am On Jul 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Nigeria is supreme...Boko guys can be transferred to any part of Nigeria for all I care. Stop wailing..wailers!smiley

14 Likes

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by chronique(m): 6:03am On Jul 10, 2015
Let those around Ekwuiloba prison(I hope I got that right),confirm it. If those strange looking soldiers and tanks are still surrounding the prison and regular stop and search is still going on there,then it means they are still there. Buhari should transfer them to any of the prisons in the 19 northern states. I have read some comments from people online,claiming the southerners are scared of boko haram but honestly,that isn't the case. Most people are outraged about this whole thing,cos of the disdain they have for anything that sounds like boko haram,due to the level of destruction they have put the whole country(especially the north-east) through. You don't want to lose your investments in the north to boko haram,and still come and lose your home and peace in your home-town,to the same set of radicals.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by PHfinest(m): 6:06am On Jul 10, 2015
Tell us more
Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by SkySpirit(m): 6:08am On Jul 10, 2015
Good news if true to avoid undue anarchy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Shortyy(f): 6:13am On Jul 10, 2015
Burger01:
let them stay in the North and kill the Norths. it's their.problem not ours

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 10, 2015
Burger01:

Nigeria is supreme...Boko guys can be transferred to any part of Nigeria for all I care. Stop wailing wailers!smiley
Mumu carry dem go ya house

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by papoose999(m): 6:20am On Jul 10, 2015
I tire 4 ds our dullard presidnt o u giv an order d nxt48 hours u change it again thank God say e dn carry im brodas commot dat sd

1 Like

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by AnyibestDede(m): 6:30am On Jul 10, 2015
I hope fg ll not come out and deny this news too
Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 10, 2015
AnyibestDede:
I hope fg ll not come out and deny this news too
Then all hell would let loose, simultaneous protests across the11 states of the SS/SE would be organized

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Benedict44(m): 6:36am On Jul 10, 2015
If this news is true , i think it is a welcome development .....If they can be nursing them in their land , i think they should still put them in their own cells.

6 Likes

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by AnyibestDede(m): 6:38am On Jul 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Then all hell would let loose, simultaneous protests across the11 states of the SS/SE would be organized
Pls do not loose the hell now lets hear from them first

1 Like

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by datguru: 6:39am On Jul 10, 2015
Better
Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 10, 2015
AnyibestDede:
Pls do not loose the hell now lets hear from them first
Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 10, 2015
Biafra loading...

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by warrior01: 6:44am On Jul 10, 2015
Let those in Ekwuluobia confirm the news first. Meanwhile, thanks to Nnamdi Kanu for resuscitating that Biafra brotherhood spirit. We don't need need book haram prisoners in any Southern state even in the South West especially Ekiti. Once again, thanks you guys for the good news

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Dahveydson(m): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2015
I wonder when it became a problem for FG to move federal prisoners across the states into federal prisons.
Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 6:47am On Jul 10, 2015
I just dey observe

www.yesreport..com
Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by fkaz(m): 6:50am On Jul 10, 2015
“The state decided against the protest for the reason that the governors of the region had intimated the Presidency on their opinion on the matter, and so no need for anyone to encourage people of the state to take to the streets.”

It is their wish and opinion. It is left for FG to act on their opinion or ignore it
Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by collinsVP: 6:57am On Jul 10, 2015
I am somewhat convinced inside of me that, that was a political statement to allay the fears of people in the south east.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Burger01(m): 7:09am On Jul 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Mumu carry dem go ya house
No problem, but for now let them stay in your backyardsmiley
Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by southWASTE: 7:18am On Jul 10, 2015
How true is this? we need verification

Burger01:
Goat, they should be sent to ibadam or osogbo or ijebu ode in the South West

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by waternopassgari: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2015
Trust my Igbo people, dem no dey fit leave anything. kudos!

8 Likes

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by CSTR2: 7:20am On Jul 10, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by kevoh(m): 7:21am On Jul 10, 2015
FG should also move the federal monthly allocation of the SE states concerned to Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 10, 2015
Move those boko haram beasts back where they came from.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east by fineyemi(m): 7:23am On Jul 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

south west keh!!!! U must b high

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh Rushed Back To Hospital / Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi / Cattle Colony: You’re Not The Owner Of Kogi, Community Leader Warns Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.